- IS Leader Vows "Dark Days" to Enemy, Incites for Lone-Wolf Attacks in West, and Muslims to Rise Up in Jordan and Saudi Arabia
In his first speech in nearly a year, Islamic State (IS) leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi vowed "dark days" to the group's enemies in Iraq and Syria, inciting for lone-wolf attacks in the West, and urged Muslims to rise up in Jordan and Saudi Arabia.
- Pro-AQ English Media Group Quotes from Jordanian Double Agent in Bulletin Inciting for Jihad Participation
The pro- al-Qaeda (AQ) English media group “Al-Hijrah” published the eighth issue of its bulletin, quoting from Jordanian double agent Humam al-Balawi (AKA Abu Dujana al-Khorasani) inciting for participation in jihad.
- Pro-IS Yaqeen Media Publishes Infographics on “Crusader” Bases in Jordan and Qatar
The pro-Islamic State (IS) Yaqeen Media Foundation published two posters on “Crusader” military bases in Jordan and Qatar, identifying their map coordinates and information about the activity there.
- Pro-IS Telegram User Suggests Imprisoned Jihadists Become Double Agents
A pro-Islamic State (IS) Telegram user suggested to imprisoned jihadists to become double agents and attempt an operation similar to that of Camp Chapman suicide bomber Humam al-Balawi (AKA Abu Dujana al-Khorasani) in 2009.
- French-Language Jihadi Chat Users Suggest Migration to Syria Via Jordan
Users on a Telegram French-language jihadist chat group discussed potential migration routes to Raqqa, Syria, suggesting traveling via Jordan.
- IS’ ‘Amaq Reports Attack in Rukban Refugee Camp on Syria-Jordan Border
The Islamic State’s (IS) ‘Amaq News Agency reported that IS fighters carried out an attack in Rukban Refugee Camp on the Syria-Jordan border.
- IS’ Damascus Province Claims Dual Suicide Operation on Syria/Jordan Border
The Islamic State’s (IS) Damascus Province claimed a 2-man immersive suicide raid targeting New Syrian Army elements on the Jordanian border, killing and wounding 14. The following day, photos of the bombers were released.
- Jordanian IS Fighters Urge in Video for Fellow Countrymen to Mount Domestic Attacks, Threaten Future Operations
Al-Furat Province of the Islamic State (IS) in western Iraq released a video featuring Jordanian fighters calling on their fellow countrymen to carry out attacks at home, and threatening future operations similar to the December 18, 2016, shootings in Karak.
- IS Incites to Target Western, Arab Economic Interests in Naba 70
The Islamic State (IS) incited its supporters to attack American, European, and other Western economic interests, as well as those of Arab states, in the 70th issue of its al-Naba newspaper.
- Pro-IS Jihadist Reenacts Jordanian Pilot Immolation in GTA5 Style Video
The jihadist behind a pro-Islamic State (IS) Telegram channel distributing videos in the style of the video game Grand Theft Auto Five (GTA5), produced and released a production reenacting the immolation of Jordanian pilot Mu’adh al-Kasasibah.
- ‘Amaq Reports IS Responsibility for Assassination of Army Officer in Southern Jordan
The Islamic State’s (IS) ‘Amaq News Agency reported that a “security detachment” belonging to the group assassinated an army officer in Jordan’s Ma’an governorate.
- Pro-IS Jihadists Distribute Message Inciting Jordanian Muslims to Follow Example of Karak Attackers
Pro-Islamic State (IS) jihadists distributed through Telegram a message inciting Jordanian Muslims to follow the example of the Karak attackers and carry out domestic operations against "enemies of Allah".
- IS Claims Attack on Foreign Nationals, Jordanian Security Forces in Karak
The Islamic State (IS) claimed credit for the attack on foreign nationals and Jordanian security forces in Karak.
- 'Amaq Video Shows Suicide Bomber that Hit NSyA Fighters on Syria-Jordan Border
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency released a posthumous video of the suicide bomber that hit a gathering of New Syrian Army (NSyA) fighters near the Rukban camp on the Syria-Jordan border.
- IS Claims Killing, Wounding Dozens of New Syrian Army Forces in Suicide Bombing on Syria-Jordan Border
Damascus Province of the Islamic State (IS) claimed killing and wounding dozens of New Syrian Army forces in a suicide operation near the Rukban camp on the Syria-Jordan border.
- IS Claims Suicide Attack during Assault on Rebel Forces near Jordanian-Syrian Border
The Islamic State (IS) claimed a suicide attack as part of an assault on rebel forces near the Syrian-Jordanian border.
- IS Claims Killing and Wounding 5200 People Around the World During Ramadan
The Islamic State (IS) claimed to have killed and wounded 5,200 people around the world during the month of Ramadan, including in that figure the attacks in Orlando and Magnanville.
- IS Reports on Suicide Bombing in Rukban (Jordan), Identifies Bomber in al-Naba
The Islamic State (IS) reported on the June 21, 2016, suicide bombing at an army post in Rukban, Jordan, in its al-Naba weekly newspaper, and gave the nom de guerre of the executor.
- IS' 'Amaq Releases Video of Suicide Bombing in Rukban (Jordan)
Shortly after reporting on the involvement of the Islamic State (IS) in the suicide bombing at an army post in Rukban, Jordan, the group's 'Amaq News Agency released a video of the attack.
- IS' 'Amaq Reports IS Fighter Carried Out Suicide Bombing in Rukban, Jordan
'Amaq News Agency of the Islamic State (IS) reported that the suicide bombing at an army post in Rukban, Jordan, was executed by an IS fighter.
- IS Claims Series of Suicide Bombings Involving French, Jordanian, and Turkish Fighters on Iraqi Soldiers in Anbar
Anbar Province of the Islamic State (IS) claimed a series of suicide bombings involving French, Jordanian, and Turkish fighters on Iraqi army barracks in the area of al-Baghdadi.
- Jihadists Distribute Alleged Pledge of Allegiance from Jordan to IS Leader
Jihadists distributed a video in which an unidentified individual pledged allegiance to Islamic State (IS) leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi on behalf of people in Jordan.
- IS’ Sinai Province Claims Pipeline Bombing, Says “Not One Drop of Gas” Will Reach Jordan Unless Baghdadi Gives Permission
Sinai Province of the Islamic State (IS) claimed the bombing of a gas pipeline, and declared that “not one drop of gas” will reach Jordan until IS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi permits it.
- IS Video Focuses on Suicide Bomber Son of Jordanian MP
Anbar Province of the Islamic State (IS) in Iraq released a video focusing on Muhammad Mazen al-Dhalaein (AKA Abu al-Bara’a al-Urduni), the son of Jordanian parliamentarian Mazen al-Dhalaein, and his execution of a suicide bombing in Ramadi.
- Hebrew-Speaking IS Fighter Threatens IS Will Remove Borders Between It and Israel
A Hebrew-speaking Islamic State (IS) fighter threatened in a video that the IS will remove borders between it and Israel and eliminate the “Jews,” and promoted the recent incidents of stabbings and vehicular attacks in the country.
- Pro-IS Tunisian Media Group Warns Tunisian Soldiers Will be Burned Like Jordanian Pilot for Allegedly Using White Phosphorus
Ajnad al-Khilafah in Africa Foundation, a pro-Islamic State (IS) Tunisian jihadi media group, warned that Tunisian soldiers will be burned like Jordanian pilot Mu’adh al-Kasasibah for allegedly using white phosphorus bombs on Jebel Salloum.
- Nusra Front Releases Video of Fighters at Nasib Border Crossing After its Capture
The southern division of the Nusra Front, al-Qaeda’s branch in Syria, released a video of its fighters at the Nasib Border Crossing in Deraa after they and fighters from other factions seized control over it.
- Ahrar al-Sham Celebrates Capture of Nasib Border Crossing
The Ahrar al-Sham Islamic Movement celebrated the capture of the Nasib Border Crossing between Syria and Jordan while expressing “dismay” at the chaos afterwards, and advised jihadi factions at the crossing to reflect the “appropriate image of the revolution of our honorable people”.
- Nusra Front Claims Control of Syrian-Jordanian Border Crossing
The Nusra Front (NF), the al-Qaeda branch in Syria, published a photo report on the attack on the Naseeb Border Crossing, in Daraa, between Syria and Jordan.
- Houthis, Jihadists React to Airstrikes in Yemen by Saudi Arabia and Partnering Nations
Houthis and jihadists provided an array of both religious and nationalist-minded reactions on social media following recently initiated airstrikes on Houthi targets in Yemen by Saudi Arabia and Arab allies.
- Jordanian IS Fighter Advises Individuals and Groups in Afghanistan-Pakistan to Pledge to IS
A Jordanian fighter who formerly fought in the Afghanistan-Pakistan region and left for Islamic State (IS)-controlled territories in Iraq and Syria, congratulated Khorasan Province for pledging to the IS and advised individuals and groups to follow its example.
- IS Fighter Defends Burning of Jordanian Pilot in Video, Demands Jordanian Soldiers to Repent
The Islamic State (IS) released a video of a fighter defending the group's immolation of Jordanian pilot Mu'adah al-Kasasibah, and demanding that Jordanian soldiers repent and leave their service before the fighters reach them.
- Kids in Aleppo Voice Desire to Burn Coalition Pilots in IS Video
Two boys interviewed by the Islamic State (IS) after a screening of the video of immolating Jordanian pilot Mu’adh al-Kasasibah, voiced their desire to burn coalition pilots.
- Jihadists on Forum, Social Media Condemn Immolation of Mu’adh al-Kasasibah
Jihadist fighters and supporters on both Twitter and a prominent English-language jihadist forum commented on the Islamic State's (IS) burning alive of Jordanian pilot Mu'adh al-Kasasibah.
- IS Releases Audio Reading of Statement Announcing Bounty on Jordanian Pilots, Listing Names of Pilots
The Islamic State (IS) released an audio reading of the statement from its "General Security Department" announcing a bounty on Jordanian pilots and listing their names, ranks, and the areas where they live.
- IS Video Shows Public Viewing in ar-Raqqah of Immolating Jordanian Pilot, Joyful Reactions of Men and Boy
The ar-Raqqah division of the Islamic State (IS) released a video showing a public viewing of the immolation of Jordanian pilot Mu'adh al-Kasisibah, and joyful reactions of three men and a boy.
- IS Issues Statement Announcing Bounty on Jordanian Pilots, Lists Names of Pilots
The "General Security Department" of the Islamic State (IS) issued a statement announcing a bounty on Jordanian pilots and listing their names, ranks, and the areas where they live.
- IS Justifies Immolation of Jordanian Pilot as Penalty for His Burning Muslims with His Plane
In its al-Bayan Radio broadcast for February 4, 2015, the Islamic State (IS) justified the immolation of Jordanian pilot Mu'adh al-Kasasibah as punishment for his allegedly burning Muslims with his plane.
- IS Releases Video Showing Jordanian Pilot Mu’adh al-Kasasibah being Burned Alive
The Islamic State (IS) released a video showing fighters burning Jordanian pilot Mu'adh al-Kasasibah alive. The 22 minute, 34 second video, titled, "Healing of the Believers' Chests," was produced by al-Furqan Media Foundation and was distributed on Twitter on February 3, 2015.
- FSA Member Allegedly Working with Jordanian Intel Beheaded in IS Video
A member of the Free Syrian Army (FSA) who allegedly worked as an agent for the Jordanian intelligence was interrogated and beheaded in an Islamic State (IS) video.
- Japanese Hostage Kenji Goto Jogo Gives Final Message, Says He and the Captive Jordanian Pilot Will be Killed in 24 Hours
Islamic State (IS)-linked Twitter accounts distributed a new video of Japanese hostage Kenji Goto Jogo, where he indicated that this is his final message, and unless the Jordanian government frees Sajida al-Rishawi within 24 hours, he and captive Jordanian pilot Mu’adh al-Kasasibah will be executed.
- Japanese Hostage Haruna Yukawa Beheaded, Second Hostage Stipulates New IS Demand in Video
Islamic State (IS)-linked Twitter accounts distributed a video in which Japanese hostage Kenji Goto Jogo stated that his fellow captive Haruna Yukawa was executed, and stipulated a new demand from the IS for his release.
- IS Releases Video of People Demanding Death of Captured Jordanian Pilot
The ar-Raqqah provincial division of the Islamic State (IS) in Syria released a video of fighters and people appearing to be civilians demanding the death of captive Jordanian pilot Mu'adh al-Kasasibah.
- IS’ Sinai Province Bombs Pipeline to Jordan, Clashes with Egyptian Soldiers
Sinai Province (formerly Ansar Beit al-Maqdis), a division of the Islamic State (IS), published photos reports on its bombing a gas pipeline to Jordan and clashing with Egyptian soldiers.
- IS Releases Video Addressing Parents of Down Jordanian Pilot
Deir al-Zour provincial division of the Islamic State (IS) released a video addressing the family of First Lieutenant Mu'adh Yusuf al-Kasasbeh, the downed Jordanian pilot reportedly captured by IS.
- Jihadists Respond to IS’s Capture of Downed Jordanian Pilot with Celebration and Speculation
Upon the Islamic State’s (IS) capture of a downed Jordanian fighter pilot identified as First Lieutenant Mu’adh Yusuf al-Kasasbeh, jihadists on Twitter have begun celebrating the event and speculating what his treatment will be.
- Jordanian Jihadist Pledges to IS, Brandishes Cleaver to “Cut Off the Heads of the Apostates”
A jihadist posted a video of a Jordanian pledging allegiance to Islamic State (IS) leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi and brandishing a cleaver while saying “we long to cut off the heads of the apostates”.
- Radical Jordanian Cleric Omar Mahdi Zeidan Reportedly Joins IS
Jihadists have reported that radical Jordanian cleric Abu Mundhir Omar Mahdi Zeidan, the brother of slain al-Qaeda member Mahmoud Mahdi Zeidan (AKA Mansour al-Shami), traveled to and joined the Islamic State (IS).
- Jihadists Report Massive US Airstrike, Vow Retribution
Following the launch of an enormous airstrike by US forces on much of the Islamic State (ISIS) controlled areas of Syria, including Raqqa, jihadists on Twitter—both ISIS and al-Nusra Front (NF)—detailed and complained about the attacks and the United States.
- Jihadists Discuss Suggestion for IS to Enter Iran, Jordan, and Saudi Arabia
A jihadist suggested that the Islamic State (IS) enter Iran, Jordan, and Saudi Arabia in order to disorganize the enemies' plans against the group, and reduce the pressure in Iraq and Syria.
- Jordanian ISIL Fighter Calls for Support in Video, Incites Muslims in Ma’an
A Jordanian fighter in the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) called upon his fellow countrymen to participate in the jihad in Syria and join the group, and also incited Muslims in Ma'an to adopt violence in their demonstrations against the Jordanian government.
- English-Speaking ISIL Fighter Threatens America, Canada
An unidentified English-speaking fighter in the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) addressed a message to Canada and all the American "tyrants," threatening that the fighters are coming for them.
- Southern Iraq Division of ISIL Identifies Foreign Suicide Attackers
The Southern Iraq division of the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) released a picture set of foreign fighters who carried out suicide attacks, including Moroccans, Tunisians, a Jordanian, and a Saudi.
- Ansar Jerusalem Claims Attacks, Targeting of Pipeline to Jordan
The Sinai-based Ansar Jerusalem jihadi claimed responsibility for a series of operations against Egyptian forces group announced that they had targeted a pipeline exporting to Jordan.
- Jordanian Islamist Says Mandela is Not a Role Model for Muslims
Eyad Qunaibi, a Jordanian Islamist whose articles and videos are frequently distributed on top-tier jihadi forums, argued that Nelson Mandela sullied his image as a symbol of freedom by accepting honors from George W. Bush and Mu'ammar Gaddafi, and Muslims must not take him as a "role model".
- Radical Cleric Abu Qatada Advises Fighters in Syria to Reconcile
A message attributed to radial cleric Abu Qatada al-Filistini, who is currently imprisoned in Jordan after being deported from the UK in July 2013, urged fighters in Syria to reconcile and end disagreements, and to establish a special committee to manage future disputes.
- Jordanian Salafi Current Welcomes American Strike on Syria
The London-based pan-Arab newspaper Al-Quds Al-Arabi reported on September 3, 2013 that the Jordanian Jihadi-Salafi movement welcomes an American military strike against the Syrian government as long as it does not result in civilian deaths and "no Muslim blood is shed."
- GIMF Gives Condolences for Death of Jihadi Ideologue's Wife
The Global Islamic Media Front (GIMF) gave its condolences to jihadi ideologue Abu Muhammad al-Maqdisi for the death of his wife, Umm Muhammad, who passed away in Zarqa, Jordan, on January 13, 2013.
- Radical Jordanian Cleric Remarks on Fuel Price Hike Riots
Radical Jordanian cleric Abu Muhammad al-Tahawi commented on the fuel price hike that sparked riots in Jordan, arguing that Shariah-based governance is the solution.
- Jihadists Remind of Threats to Britain over Abu Qatada
A jihadist reminded about threats to Britain due to its seeking to extradite radical cleric Abu Qatada al-Filistini to Jordan, and one member, posting in English, gave several landmarks as possible targets.
- Lebanese Fighter Gives Additional Info on Jordanian Killed in Afghanistan
A Lebanese fighter gave additional information about Zeid al-Hurani AKA Abu Abdul Rahman al-Aseer al-Urduni, a Jordanian fighter and forum member who was killed in Ghazni province of eastern Afghanistan.
- Jihadists Give Information on Jordanian Fighter Killed in Afghanistan
After the issuance of a report that a Jordanian fighter and forum member was killed in Ghazni province of eastern Afghanistan, jihadists provided information about slain, including his picture and the circumstances of his death.
- Jihadist Reports Death of Jordanian Fighter, Forum Member in Afghanistan
A jihadist reported that a Jordanian fighter who was a member of the jihadist forum community was killed in Ghazni province of eastern Afghanistan.
- Jordanian Cleric Speaks at Funeral for Fighter Killed in Yemen
The Sinam al-Islam jihadist forum released a video showing Jordanian cleric Omar Mahdi Zeidan giving a speech justifying jihad during a funeral held in honor of Abu Thabit al-Muhajir AKA Abdul Rahman al-Urduni, a Jordanian fighter who was killed in Yemen.
- Jordanian Fighter Killed in Yemen Gives Will in Posthumous Video
Abdul Rahman al-Urduni AKA Abu Thabit al-Muhajir, a Jordanian fighter who was reported by a jihadist to have been killed in Yemen, gave his will in a posthumous video.
- Jihadist Reports Death of Jordanian Fighter in Yemen
A jihadist announced that a Jordanian fighter from the Ma'soum neighborhood of Zarqa', the birthplace of former al-Qaeda in Iraq leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, was killed in Yemen.
- Zarqawi's Nephew Reportedly Killed in Yemen
Muhammad Fazi al-Harasheh, the nephew of former al-Qaeda in Iraq leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, was reportedly killed in Yemen.
- AQIM Offers Deal to British Government Regarding Abu Qatada
Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) offered to release a hostage if the British government allows radical cleric Abu Qatada al-Filistini the opportunity to choose a country for his extradition.
- AQAP Warns Britain Against Extraditing Abu Qatada
Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) warned Britain of “consequences” should it extradite Abu Qatada al-Filistini to Jordan.