Boko Haram Leader Rejects Rumors of Injury or Death, Defends Against Criticism in Video Speech
Abu Bakr Shekau, the leader of Jama’at Ahl al-Sunnah Lil Dawa Wal Jihad ("Boko Haram"), gave a video speech in Arabic rejecting rumors of his i…
IS Claims Killing, Wounding 40 Shi'ites in Suicide Bombing in Baghdad's Iskan Neighborhood
Baghdad Province of the Islamic State (IS) claimed killing and wounding 40 Shi'ites in a suicide bombing in the Iskan neighborhood in the west of the…
Shabaab Displays Corpses, War Spoils from Attack in Kenya in Public Spectacle in Somalia
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement published photos of corpses and war spoils from an attack in Kenya that its fighters displayed in a public spectac…
The Islamic State’s (IS) West Africa Province released a photo report for a recent attack on African forces in Borno, Nigeria.
The Islamic State’s (IS) West Africa Province claimed an attack on African forces in Nigeria’s Borno State.
The Islamic State (IS) claimed killing and wounding more than 60 in a four-man suicide operation on Iraqi police and Popular Mobilization forces in Tikrit.
The Islamic State’s (IS) ‘Amaq News Agency released an English infographic detailing a recent suicide operation on “major Syrian opposition leaders&rd [ ... ]
- Shabaab Releases Images Showing Surrender of 60 SNA Soldiers and Their Weapons
- ‘Amaq Video Shows IS Graduate Fighters Parading in Streets of Albu Kamal
- Shabaab Claims Surrender of over 60 SNA Soldiers, Seizing Kenyan Police Post
- IS Releases First Video from Bangladesh, Focuses on Dhaka Attackers
- Pro-IS Telegram Channel Calls for African American Men to Kill American White Men in Wake of Recent Police Shootings
- TTP Member Claims Government Negotiations a Ruse to Justify North Waziristan Military Campaign
Al-Nusra Front: Breaking al-Qaeda's Forum Monopoly
By Rita Katz and Margaret Foster A recent move by al-Qaeda's wing in Syria, the al-Nusra Front, illustrates again the [ ... ]
Syrian Jihad: The Weakening of al-Qaeda's Leadership
By Rita Katz and Adam Raisman In an unexpected and unprecedented turn of events, al-Qaeda members and jihadists fro [ ... ]
Al-Qaeda-Affiliates Expand Online Platform to Twitter
By Rita Katz and Adam Raisman On December 5, 2013, al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) joined the long list o [ ... ]
Similarities in Tactics in Major Attacks on Western Targets in 2013: A Look at Tigantourine and Westgate By Rita Katz and Margaret Foster Two of the most high-profile [ ... ]
- Brigades of Abdullah Azzam: Bringing the War into Lebanon
- The Westgate Attack: A New Trend in al-Qaeda Communication Strategies
- Shabaab Siege on Westgate is Culmination of Years of Threats to Kenya
- Jihadis Look For Gains In Egypt, Call For Armed Uprising
- U.S. Travel Alert Comes Amidst Recent Threats from al-Qaeda and its Affiliates
- PRISM and US Government Surveillance: No News to Jihadists
A prominent migrant IS resident and recruiter in Syria detailed months spent with her husband, an IS fighter and recruiter by the alias “Abu Layth Tamimi,” [ ... ]
A jihadi fighter Syria solicited private conversations to discuss “different ways” non-migrants can help jihadi efforts in the country.
Migrant fighters in Syria established a media group to provide news updates and publish content pertaining to other fighters’ migrations and daily lives.
A jihadi Telegram channel suggested an “easily available weapon” for individuals who say they cannot attack because they do not have the means.
- German Jihadist in Syria Recruits “Single Sisters,” Provides Contact Information
- Jihadist Telegram Channel Claims Recruiting Foreign Fighter Killed in Aleppo Clashes
- Telegram Channel Warns Non-Arabic-Speaking Migrants in Syria of Potential Airstrikes
- Telegram Channels Seeks Anti-IS Evidence for Arrested Swedish “Brothers”
- Female IS Supporters Comment on Reports of Killed IS Bride, Female Migration: “It won’t be Easy”
- Pro-IS Telegram Channel Incites for Attacks in Europe, Calls Belgium “Target for Islam”
A Twitter-based campaign threatening retaliation against the United States for intervention in Iraq continues to accelerate, and has featured threats issued to American [ ... ]
Moner Mohammad Abu-Salha, named as the American suicide bomber "Abu Hurayra al-Amriki" who carried out a suicide raid in Idlib, Syria on May 25, 2014, was active on soc [ ... ]
Purported English-speaking jihadi recruiters and foreign fighters in Syria have adopted the kik messaging program to assist in the recruitment and transportation of fig [ ... ]
Mouin Adnan Abu Dahir, one of the two suspects in the November 19, 2013, double suicide bombing near the Iranian embassy in Beirut, used a Facebook page in which he exp [ ... ]