- IS' Naba Identifies 156 Casualties in 44 Attacks in Breakdown of Ops (Feb 28 - March 6)
The Islamic State's (IS) al-Naba newspaper, Issue 172, featured an infographic identifying 156 casualties in 44 attacks - its lowest number of recorded attacks in eight months - in a breakdown of IS military actions for the week of February 28 - March 6, 2019.
- In Ambush and Ensuing Clash in Northern Iraq, IS Claims 45 Casualties in PMU Ranks
The Islamic State (IS) claimed inflicting 45 casualties in the Population Mobilization Unit (PMU) ranks in an ambush and ensuing clash in northern Iraq.
- IS' Naba Identifies 140 Casualties in 51 Attacks in Breakdown of Ops (Feb 21-27)
The Islamic State's (IS) al-Naba newspaper, Issue 171, featured an infographic identifying 140 casualties in 51 attacks, in a breakdown of IS operations for the week of February 21-27, 2019.
- IS Video Shows Attacks on Iraqi and Kurdish Forces and Militiamen in Kirkuk, Raid in 'Allas Oilfield
The Islamic State (IS) released a video documenting a variety of attacks on positions and vehicles of the Iraqi army, Kurdish Peshmerga, Popular Mobilization, and Tribal Mobilization in Kirkuk, including a raid in the 'Allas oilfield.
- Hezbollah Brigades in Iraq Spokesman Says U.S. Forces are "Legitimate Targets" in Response to Trump Planning to Keep Troops in Country to Monitor Iran
Ja'afar al-Husseini, the military spokesman for the Shi'ite militant faction Hezbollah Brigades in Iraq, declared that American forces are "legitimate targets," in response to U.S. President Donald Trump remarking that he will keep troops in Iraq to monitor Iran.
- IS' al-Hayat Identifies 200 Casualties in 74 Attacks in Statistical Breakdown of Ops (Jan 10-16)
The Islamic State (IS) released the 25th episode in a video series providing statistical breakdowns of IS operations, covering in this installment the week of January 10-16, 2019. The 3 minute, 15 second video, with Arabic and English text, was produced by the group’s al-Hayat Media Center and was released on January 17.
- IS Video from Salahuddin Focuses on Suicide Attackers, Attacks Near Tikrit and Inside Samarra
The Salahuddin division of the Islamic State (IS) released a video focusing on two suicide attackers involved in a joint operation on a Popular Mobilization Unit (PMU) position to the west of Tikrit, and a raid by fighters on Iraqi military barracks in Samaraa and the execution of a national security intelligence member.
- IS Video from Anbar Shows Bomb and Artillery Attacks on Iraqi Military, Grisly Execution of Soldier
The Anbar division of the Islamic State (IS) released a video showing 13 bomb and artillery attacks on Iraqi military vehicles and positions, and other operations, including one ending in the grisly execution of a soldier.
- IS Claims Dual Suicide Bombing Near Hajin by Algerian and Uyghur Fighters, Bringing Single Day Total to 4 Bombers
The Islamic State (IS) claimed a dual suicide bombing involving Algerian and Uyghur fighters near Hajin, bringing the single day total of bombers in that area to four.
- IS Claims Two Suicide Bombings Near Hajin Inflicting 25 Casualties
Amidst the ongoing heated clashes between the Islamic State (IS) and Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) in and around Hajin, a town in Deir al-Zour, the IS claimed inflicting 25 casualties in two suicide bombings.
- “The Caravan of Martyrs”, Part Two, Video Compilation of Martyr Biographies from al-Furqan Foundation of the Islamic State of Iraq
The second part in the “Caravan of Martyrs” video series, began by the Mujahideen Shura Council one-year ago, was recently issued to jihadist forums by al-Furqan Foundation for Media Production, the official producer and distributor of multimedia for the Islamic State of Iraq.
- IS Targets Shi’ites with Multiple Bombings in Baghdad
The Islamic State (IS) claimed five bombings in Baghdad in one day targeting Shi’ites.
- Pro-AQ Hurras al-Deen Gives Eulogy for Deceased Official, Veteran of Jihad in Iraq
The Syria-based al-Qaeda (AQ)-aligned Hurras al-Deen gave a eulogy for one of its officials, a member of both its Leadership and Shura councils and a veteran of the jihad in Iraq.
- IS Video Shows Operation Against "PKK" Near Hajin, Fighters Celebrating Victory in City Streets
The Islamic State (IS) released a video showing its operations against "PKK" forces in Syria's Deir al-Zour governorate, including an raid on their positions in the perimeter of Hajin, and then fighters celebrating their victory in city streets to the cheers of onlookers.
- IS Video Shows Operations in Northern Iraq, Attack on Tribal Militiamen at Soccer Game
The Dijlah division of the Islamic State's (IS) Iraq Province released a video of its operations against tribal militiamen in northern Iraq, including one attack during a soccer game.
- IS' Kirkuk Division Demonstrates IED Construction and Attacks on Federal Police in Video, Op Statistics
The Kirkuk division of the Islamic State (IS) released a video demonstrating its construction of the improvised explosive devices (IED) and their use and that of other weapons on Iraqi Federal Police, in addition to providing operation statistics for the last year.
- IS Claims 73 Casualties Among Shi'ites in 5 Bombings in Single Day in Baghdad
The Islamic State (IS) claimed killing and wounding at least 73 Shi'ites in five bombings in a single day in Baghdad.
- IS Claims 100 Casualties in String of Bombings in Baghdad
The Islamic State (IS) claimed inflicting 100 casualties among Shi'ites in multiple areas of Baghdad.
- IS Claims Killing Three U.S. Soldiers in Thwarted Anbar Airdrop
The Islamic State (IS) claimed killing three U.S. soldiers during an attempted airdrop in Anbar, Iraq.
- IS Video Shows Clashes with Iraqi Soldiers, PMU in Various Areas of Diyala
The Islamic State (IS) released a video showing its clashes with Iraqi soldiers and Popular Mobilization Units (PMU) forces in various areas of Diyala.
- IS' 'Amaq Releases Video Showing Wreckage of Alleged Coalition Helicopter in Mosul
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency released a video showing what it described as the wreckage of an "international coalition" helicopter in the Iraqi city of Mosul.
- IS Supporters Promote Kashmir as Alternative Jihadi Battlefield to Afghanistan and Iraq
Kashmir-focused Islamic State (IS) supporters promoted Jammu and Kashmir as an alternative jihadi battlefield for those Muslims who wish to travel to Afghanistan or Afghanistan to fight but are unable.
- IS Claims Killing 28 Iraqi Soldiers and PMU, Wounding 22 Others in Suicide Bombing in Anbar
The Islamic State (IS) claimed killing 28 Iraqi soldiers and elements from the Popular Mobilization Units (PMU) and wounding 22 others in a suicide bombing in Anbar, in western Iraq.
- IS' North Baghdad Division Features Executions of "Apostates" and Spies, Attacks on Popular Mobilization in Video
The North Baghdad division of the Islamic State's (IS) "Iraq Province" released a video showing executions of "apostates" and spies, some in their own homes, and attacks on Popular Mobilization forces.
- IS Claims 2-Man Suicide Raid on PMU Near Oil Refinery in Baiji
The Islamic State's (IS) Salahuddin Province claimed a two-man suicide raid on Popular Mobilization Unit (PMU) forces near the oil refinery in Baiji, which is the largest such facility in Iraq.
- IS’ Barakah Province Claims 1st Suicide Operation in Hasakah City Since 2016
The Islamic State’s (IS) Barakah [Hasakah] Province claimed killing and wounding nine “PKK” soldiers, which it uses to describe Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), in its first suicide operation in Hasakah city proper since October 3, 2016.
- Iraq-based Shi’ite Militia Groups Condemn Airstrike Near Iraq-Syria Border, Call for Action Against U.S. and Israel
Two Iraq-based Shi'ite militia groups separately condemned an airstrike by an unidentified party near the Iraq-Syria border and called for action against who they believe to be the perpetrator, either the U.S. or Israel.
- IS Video from Salahuddin Shows Clashes, Suicide Bombings in Baiji
The Islamic State's (IS) Salahuddin Province released a video showing clashes waged by its fighters with the Iraqi army and Popular Mobilization, and two suicide bombings, in and around Baiji.
- IS-linked Groups Conduct Media Campaign Threatening Shi'ites in Baghdad
Islamic State (IS)-linked groups have participated in a media campaign threatening Shi'ites in Baghdad with bloodshed and the IS seizing control over the Iraqi capital.
- IS Video Shows Guerrilla Tactics Adopted by Fighters in Kirkuk, Execution of Prisoners, One by Heavy Machine Gun
The Islamic State (IS) released a video showing the guerrilla tactics adopted by its fighters in Iraq's Kirkuk governorate and the execution of prisoners, including one with a heavy machine gun.
- IS Claims Killing, Wounding 51 Iraqi Soldiers in Car Bombing in Taji
The Islamic State (IS) claimed killing and wounding 51 Iraqi soldiers in a car bombing in Taji.
- IS Claims 1st Operation on Yemeni Army in al-Bayda’ in Naba 128, Highlights Recent Attacks on Iraqi Election Candidates
The Islamic State (IS) claimed its first attack on Yemeni soldiers loyal to exiled president Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi in Yemen’s al-Bayda’ governorate, and also in Naba 128, highlighted the results of its recent attacks on Iraqi election candidates.
- IS Claims 2 Suicide Raids in Anbar in 2 Days, One Targeting Solution Party Candidates in Heet
The Islamic State (IS) claimed two suicide raids in Iraq's Anbar governorate within two days, one involving two fighters targeting a Solution Party meeting in Heet, and the other consisting of a four-man attack on militiamen from the Jughayfa tribe in Haditha.
- IS Reports Beheading Tribal Militia Commander, Bombing Neighborhood Leaders in Operations by "Security Detachments" in Mosul
The Islamic State (IS) reported that several of its "security detachments" executed operations in Mosul, including a raid on the house of a tribal militia commander and then his beheading.
- IS Claims Killing Shi'ite Militia Elements in Clash Mounted by Two Fighters in Salah al-Din
The Islamic State (IS) claimed inflicting casualties among the Shi'ite militia Saraya Salam in the city of al-Ishaqi in Salah al-Din, Iraq, in a clash mounted by two fighters.
- IS Posts Photos of U.S. Spy Balloon Shot Down East of Tikrit
The Islamic State (IS) provided photos of an alleged U.S. espionage balloon that it shot down east of Tikrit, Iraq.
- IS Claims Rare Suicide Bombing in Kirkuk, Targets Alleged Shi'ite Militia-run "Secret Torture Center"
The Islamic State (IS) claimed a rare suicide bombing in Iraq's Kirkuk governorate, targeting what it described as a "secret torture center" operated by the Shi'ite militia Asa'ib Ahel al-Haq (League of the Righteous).
- IS Claims Killing Over 30 Iraqi National Security Forces in Single Attack in Kirkuk
Kirkuk Province of the Islamic State (IS) claimed killing over 30 Iraqi National Security forces in a single attack in the west of the governorate.
- IS Video Highlights Determination of Fighters Disabled in Battle to Incite Able-Bodied Muslims
The Islamic State's (IS) Furat Province, a division active in western Iraq and eastern Syria, released a video highlighting the determination of fighters disabled in battle to shame and incite able-bodied Muslims who reject jihad.
- IS Claims Killing and Wounding Nearly 250 Shi'ites in Three Suicide Bombings in Baghdad
The Islamic State (IS) claimed killing and wounding nearly 250 Shi'ites in three suicide bombings in the Iraqi capital, Baghdad.
- ‘Amaq Reports IS Suicide Bombing in Baghdad Killing and Wounding 50 Shi’ites
The Islamic State’s (IS) ‘Amaq News Agency reported that an IS fighter carried out a suicide operation two days ago in Baghdad, killing and wounding 50 Shi’tes.
- Fifth Issue of Pro-IS "Anfal" Features Threat to Paris, IS Operation Statistics for Past Month
The pro-Islamic State (IS) Dera' al-Sunni Foundation released the fifth issue of its "Anfal" magazine, featuring a poster threatening Paris, and another graphic presenting statistics of IS operations in Afghanistan, Egypt, Iraq, and Syria in the past month.
- 'Amaq Reports 771 Suicide Operations Total in Iraq and Syria in 2017
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported a total of 771 suicide operations carried out by its fighters in Iraq and Syria in 2017.
- Pro-IS Group Publishes Article in 5 Languages Inciting for Holiday Attacks, Urging to Attack Churches and Kill Women and Children
The pro-Islamic State (IS) Ashhad Media Foundation published an article in five language inciting lone-wolf jihadists everywhere to attack Christians during the holiday season, and in particular, urging they strike churches and kill women and children.
- IS Claims Two-Man Immersive Suicide Operation against PMU Forces North of Samarra
The Islamic State (IS) claimed a two-man immersive suicide operation against Popular Mobilization Units (PMU) forces near the Iraqi city of Samarra.
- IS Claims Killing, Wounding 71+ Iraqi Soldiers and PMU Forces in a 2-Man Suicide Raid in Baqubah
The Islamic State's (IS) Diyala Province claimed killing and wounding over 71 Iraqi soldiers and Popular Mobilization Units (PMU) forces in a two-man suicide raid in Baqubah.
- IS Video from "Badiyah Province" in Northern Iraq Shows Two Raids on PMU Barracks
The Islamic State's (IS) Badiyah Province, a division carved from Ninawa governorate in northern Iraq, released a video showing two raids on Popular Mobilization Units (PMU) barracks.
- IS Claims Eight Suicide Bombings in One Day on Iraqi Soldiers, PMU in Baiji
The Islamic State's (IS) Salah al-Din Province claimed a total of eight suicide bombings in one day on Iraqi soldiers and Popular Mobilization Unit (PMU) forces in Baiji.
- IS Claims Eight Suicide Bombings in One Day on Iraqi Soldiers, PMU in Baiji
The Islamic State's (IS) Salah al-Din Province claimed a total of eight suicide bombings in one day on Iraqi soldiers and Popular Mobilization Unit (PMU) forces in Baiji.
- IS Releases Video of Various Attacks in Diyala, Fighters Involved in May 2017 Raid on Kirkush Military Training Base
The Islamic State's (IS) Diyala Province released a video of various attacks against Iraqi soldiers and PMU, including footage of the fighters involved in the May 2017 raid on the Kirkush Military Training Base in Baladruz, and the beheading and gunshot executions of spies and "apostates".
- IS Photo Report from Kirkuk Shows Weapons Training of Fighters
The Islamic State's (IS) Kirkuk Province in Iraq published a photo report showing weapons training of its fighters.
- IS Claims Killing 20 Iraqi Soldiers in 6-Man Suicide Raid in Tikrit, Bombing Oil Pipeline to Baghdad
The Islamic State (IS) claimed killing 20 Iraqi soldiers in a six-man suicide raid in Tikrit, in Iraq's Salah al-Din governorate, and bombing an oil pipeline to Baghdad.
- IS Video Features Interview with Sniper, Attacks in Jarf al-Sakhar in Iraq's Babil Governorate
The Islamic State's (IS) "Janoub Province," or what it refers to as "South Baghdad," released a video featuring an interview with a sniper and footage of attacks in Jarf al-Sakhar.
- IS Presents Biography of Former IMU Official who Joined Group in Syria and Died Days Later in Naba 104
The Islamic State (IS) featured in Naba 104 a biography and account of the travels to Syria for Abdul Hakim al-Tatari, a former official in the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan (IMU), who was killed in battle just days after his arrival.
- IS Video Shows Raid on PMU Barracks North of Baiji in Iraq's Salah al-Din Governorate
The Islamic State's (IS) Salah al-Din Province in Iraq released a video of storming a barracks of Popular Mobilization Units (PMU) north of Baiji.
The 3 minute, 43 second video is titled, "The Lions of Battle 2" [آساد النزال 2], and was issued on November 3, 2017. Footage shows fighters waging the assault with light weapons and heavy machineguns, and ends with a group of five men standing over the decapitated heads of two individuals, while one of the fighters tells Shi'ites that they will remember the days of historic triumphs over Persian armies.
- IS Supporters Comfort Those Upset by Group's Territorial Losses
Since the Islamic State (IS) lost its Syrian capital, Raqqah, and then Marawi in the Philippines, and other territories within its "Caliphate," group supporters have comforted those disappointed and upset with these defeats.
- As “Revenge” for Mosul, Raqqa, and Marawi, Pro-IS Telegram Channel Incites for Lone-Wolf Attacks with Bomb, Knife, or Car
A pro-Islamic State (IS) Telegram channel incited for lone-wolf attacks as revenge for Muslims in Mosul, Raqqa, Marawi, and “elsewhere around the globe,” listing attack styles and urging potential attackers to “make a plan!”
- IS Identifies Russian Boy Among Two Suicide Bombers who Hit Iraqi Military Post in Anbar
The Islamic State (IS) identified a Russian boy among two suicide bombers who hit an Iraqi military post in the city of 'Anah in Iraq's Anbar governorate.
- IS Video Shows Attack on PMU Barracks in Southern Shirqat
The Islamic State's (IS) Dijlah Province released a video showing an attack on Popular Mobilization Units (PMU) barracks in the south of Shirqat in Iraq's Salah al-Din governorate.
- IS Video Presents Story of Slain Uzbek Fighter's Children Following Their Father's Footsteps in Jihad
The Islamic State's (IS) Furat Province, a division in western Iraq, presented in a video the story of a slain Uzbek fighter's children following his footsteps in jihad, where one operates weaponized UAVs.
- IS Claims Killing, Wounding 20 in Car Bombing at Shi'a Religious Hall in Baghdad
The Islamic State (IS) claimed killing and wounding 20 Shi'ites in a car bombing outside their religious hall in Baghdad.
- IS Video Features Uyghur Members of Anti-Aircraft Units in Western Iraq
Furat Province, a division of the Islamic State (IS) in western Iraq near the Syrian border, released a video featuring Uyghur members of its anti-aircraft units, and a Uyghur fighter asking his brethren in Iraq and Syria to leave opposition factions and embrace the group.
- IS Claims Killing 60, Wounding 80 Iraqi Soldiers in West and South Ramadi
After claiming to have killed 30 and wounding 42 from the Iraqi Federal Police and Popular Mobilization Units (PMU), the Islamic State (IS) reported the killing of 60 Iraqi soldiers and the wounding of 80 others in a raid on multiple sites in Ramadi.
- IS Claims Killing 30, Wounding 42 Iraqi Police and PMU in 4-Man Suicide Raid in Ishaqi
The Islamic State (IS) claimed killing 30 among the Iraqi Federal Police and Popular Mobilization Units (PMU) in a four-man suicide raid in Ishaqi, in Iraq's Salah al-Din governorate.
The group's "North Baghdad Province" reported in a communique issued on September 27, 2017, that two Iraqi fighters and two Syrians attacked two police stations with machineguns and hand grenades before detonating their explosive vests on enemy forces at the locations.
- IS Video Show Mass Execution of Captured “Apostates” North of Baghdad, Bombings in Balad and Tarmiyah
The Islamic State’s (IS) North Baghdad Province released a video showing the mass execution of a “unit of apostates” taken prisoner, as well as spies, and also featuring footage of bombings in Balad and Tarmiyah.
- IS Claims Killing 30, Wounding 45 Iraqi Federal Police in 2-Man Suicide Raid North of Tikrit
The Islamic State’s (IS) Salah al-Din Province claimed killing 30 Iraqi Federal Police and wounding 45 others in a two-man suicide raid north of the city of Tikrit.
- IS Reports 4-Man Suicide Raid on Newly Established U.S. Military Base in Northern Iraq
The Islamic State’s (IS) ‘Amaq News Agency reported a four-man suicide raid on a newly established American military base in northern Iraq.
- IS Claims Killing 28 in 2-Man Suicide Raid in Muqdadiyah (Diyala - Iraq)
The Islamic State (IS) claimed killing 28 Shi’ites, including civilians and military forces, in a two-man suicide raid in the Iraqi city of Muqdadiyah.
- ‘Amaq Infographic Details IS Suicide Raid on Shi’ites in Nasiriyah
'Amaq News Agency of the Islamic State (IS) published an infographic providing details of the suicide raid carried out by three teams of fighters on Shi’a targets in Nasiriyah, the capital of Iraq's Dhi Qar governorate.
- IS Claims Killing, Wounding Over 200 in Suicide Raids Involving 3 Teams of Fighters in Southern Iraq
The Islamic State (IS) claimed killing and wounding over 200 Shi’ites in suicide raids involving three teams of fighters in Nasiriyah, the capital of Iraq’s Dhi Qar governorate.
The IS’ “al-Janoub Province,” or what it refers to as “South Baghdad,” issued a communique taking credit for the operation on September 14, 2017, indicating that the fighters, wearing explosive vests, stormed checkpoints and a restaurant, firing upon targets and then detonating their bombs. It also noted that one day prior, fighters ambushed Popular Mobilization Units (PMU) in Musayyib, in Babil governorate, and used a seized vehicle to drive to another location to clash with enemy elements and then detonate their explosive vests.
- IS-Linked Channels Distribute Translation of Message to Hama Province Encouraging “Perseverance” Against Regime Forces
Telegram Channels linked to the Islamic State (IS) disseminated an English translation of a message attributed to the group’s “Delegated Committee,” offering encouragement to its Hama Province in fighting against Syrian regime forces.
- IS Publishes Photos of Rocket Strikes, Weaponized UAV Attacks from Newly Named “Badiyah Province” in Iraq
Islamic State (IS) published photo reports of rocket strikes and weaponized UAV attacks.
- English-Speaking IS Fighter in Kirkuk Calls in Video for Muslims to Attack Citizens of Coalition States
An English-speaking Islamic State (IS) fighter in Kirkuk, Iraq, called in a video for Muslims to attack citizens of U.S.-led coalition states wherever they are found, arguing that such strikes are "more painful" to the enemy than the killing of "apostate" soldiers in the battlefield.
- IS Claims Two Suicide Raids North of Baghdad Killing at Least 28 Shi’ites
The Islamic State (IS) claimed two suicide raids on Shi’ites in the town of Balad, north of Baghdad, killing at least 28.
- Pro-IS Telegram Channel Calls on Lone Wolves in Britain to Kill Soldiers Before Deployment
In reaction to British Defense Secretary Sir Michael Fallon announcing the deployment of 44 troops to Anbar, Iraq, to support the U.S.-led coalition against the Islamic State (IS), a Telegram channel supporting the group called on lone wolves in Britain to kill them.
- In 4th Car Bombing in Baghdad in 3 Days, IS Claims Killing and Wounding 28 Shi’ites
In the third consecutive day of car bombings in Baghdad, and the fourth such incident in that time, the Islamic State (IS) claimed killing and wounding 28 Shi’ites.
- IS Releases Video on Storming Syrian Army and Hezbollah Positions on Iraq-Syria Border Just Five Days Prior
The Islamic State (IS) released a video on its August 23, 2017, raid on positions of Syrian regime forces and Hezbollah elements in Wadi al-Wa’ir near the Iraq-Syria border.
- IS Claims Killing 34 Shi’ites, Wounding 25 Others in Baghdad’s Sadr City
The Islamic State’s (IS) Baghdad Province claimed killing and wounding over 59 Shi’ites in a car bombing in Sadr City.
- IS Claims Killing 46 Shi’ites, Wounding 70 Others in Car Bombings South and Southwest of Baghdad
The Islamic State (IS) claimed killing a total of 46 Shi’ites and wounding 70 others in two car bombings in Baghdad, one in Abu Dasheer district, and the other in the Fourth Police Zone.
- On 3rd Day of Tal Afar Battle, IS’ ‘Amaq Reports 55 Iraqi Forces Killed
At the conclusion of the third day of the battle by Iraqi forces to retake Tal Afar, the Islamic State’s (IS) ‘Amaq News Agency reported the killing of 55 soldiers and destruction of 49 vehicles.
- IS Publishes Photos of Firing Rockets at U.S. Base East of Tal Afar
The Islamic State's (IS) al-Jazeera Province in northern Iraq published photos of fighters firing rockets at what it described as an American base east of the city of Tal Afar.
The five photos were posted on Telegram on August 18, 2017, and show fighters measuring the trajectory of the rockets and then firing seven of them. According to the captions, the attack targeted a U.S. base at the water project in al-Buwayr village. Five days prior, on August 13, the group claimed killing 4 "Crusaders" and wounding at least six others in an attack with Grad rockets on their positions in the same area.
- IS Claims Killing 30, Wounding 46 Iraqi Forces in 4-Man Suicide Raid in Baiji
Salah al-Din Province of the Islamic State (IS) in Iraq claimed killing 30 Iraqi forces and wounding 46 others in a four-man suicide raid north of the city of Baiji.
In a communique issued on August 16, 2017, the group reported that two Tajiki fighters, an Iraqi, and a Moroccan attacked a Federal Police headquarters and a headquarters of an Iraqi military division in the al-Musafi neighborhood, clashing with enemy forces and then detonating their explosive vests. It added that an IS reinforcement unit fired Grad rockets at one of the locations.
- IS Claims Killing, Wounding 50 Iraqi Forces and Militiamen in Two-Man Suicide Attack in Karbala
The Islamic State (IS) claimed killing and wounding 50 Iraqi forces and militiamen in a two-man suicide attack in the Shi’a holy city of Karbala.
- IS Clams Killing 68 Iraqi Soldiers in Suicide Bombing, Raid on Barracks Near Iraqi-Syrian Border
The Islamic State’s (IS) al-Furat Province, located in Anbar, claimed killing 68 Iraqi soldiers in a suicide bombing and raid on their barracks near the al-Tanf area, close to the Iraqi-Syrian border.
- IS Claims Suicide Raid on Tribal Militia in Beiji, Photo Shows Executors as Children
The Islamic State (IS) claimed killing and wounding many tribal militia elements in a suicide raid on their barracks in Beiji, and published a photo of the fighters, revealing them to be children.
- Indian IS Fighter in Mosul Calls for Attacks on Americans, Gives Update on Ground Situation
An Indian Islamic State (IS) fighter called for attacks on Americans regardless of age and health condition, and provided an update on the ground from Mosul in his audio will.
- IS Claims Two IED Blasts in Sadr City, Two Others in Nahrawan in Baghdad
The Islamic State’s (IS) Baghdad Province claimed four bombings on Shi’ites, two in Sadr City and two others in Nahrawan.
- IS Downplays Iraqi Military Victory in Mosul in Naba 89, Threatens Attacks
The Islamic State (IS) downplayed the Iraqi military victory in the city of Mosul in Naba 89, and threatened the government and army with “great scenes that will make them forget the horrors of Mosul, Speicher, and Beiji”.
- IS Claims 11,700 Iraqi Forces, Kurdish Peshmerga Killed in 9 Months of Mosul Battle in Naba 89
In the 89th issue of its al-Naba weekly newspaper, the Islamic State (IS) claimed that after nine months of the battle in Mosul, more than 11,700 Iraqi soldiers and militiamen and Kurdish Peshmerga fighters were killed.
- Pro-IS Media Groups Spearhead Social Media Campaign to Highlight Perseverance of Fighters in Mosul
Pro-Islamic State (IS) media groups on Telegram have spearheaded a social media campaign to highlight what they see as the perseverance of IS fighters in Mosul.
- ‘Amaq Reports IS Fighters Firing Rockets at Shi’ite Holy City of Karbala
The Islamic State’s (IS) ‘Amaq News Agency reported fighters firing rockets at the Shi’ite holy city of Karbala as well as Babil.
- ‘Amaq Reports in Video on IS Fighters in Mosul Continuing to Engage Enemy “Until the Last Breath”
The Islamic State’s (IS) ‘Amaq News Agency released a video report on group fighters in the city of Mosul continuing to engage the enemy “until the last breath”.
- IS Defiant in Mosul, Continues Clashing with Iraqi Forces in al-Maydan and Vows to Fight Until “Victory or Martyrdom”
As the Iraqi government declares victory in its battle to retake Mosul, the Islamic State (IS) expressed defiance in ravaged city, continuing to clash with Iraqi forces in al-Maydan, and vowing to fight until “victory or martyrdom”.
- IS Supporter Sees Hope in Group’s Eventual Resurgence Following Expected Defeat in Iraq and Syria
Islamic State (IS) supporters circulated an essay expressing hope in the group’s eventual resurgence following its expected defeat in Iraq and Syria.
- Chechen IS Suicide Bomber in Iraq Advises Countrymen, Threatens Russia in Posthumous Video
The Islamic State (IS) media affiliate Furat Media released a posthumous video of a Chechen suicide bomber advising his fellow countrymen and threatening attacks in Russia.
- IS Military Commander in Naba 87 Interview: Preparations for Mosul Battle Began with Liberation of City, Civilians Joined Fighters
The head of the Islamic State’s (IS) “Department of Soldiery” discussed the Mosul battle in an interview in the 87th issue of the group’s al-Naba newspaper, claiming that preparations for the engagement that has been ongoing since October 2016 were made as soon as the IS seized control over the city in June 2014.
- IS-Praising Rap Lyrics Posted on Telegram Tout Group’s Expansion “From the East to the West”
A pro-Islamic State (IS) Telegram channel posted rap-styled lyrics touting the group’s ongoing “victory” and steady expansion across the globe.
- Jihadist Advises IS Supporters Seeking to Travel from Tunisia to Turkey
A jihadist gave advice to Islamic State (IS) supporters seeking to travel from Tunisia to Turkey presumably to enter Iraq or Syria.
- Iranian, Russian, Turkish, and Turkmen Children Execute Prisoners in Grisly IS Video, Call for Attacks
Al-Jazeera Province of the Islamic State (IS) in Iraq released a grisly video featuring Iranian, Russian, Turkish, and Turkmen children brutally executing prisoners and calling for and threatening attacks in their native lands and the West.
- IS Claims Killing, Wounding 42 in Separate Suicide Operations in Anbar
The Islamic State (IS) claimed killing and wounding a total of 42 Iraqi soldiers and Sunni tribal militiamen in separate suicide operations in Anbar.