- Pro-IS Group Continues Series on Hypothetical Attacks with Video Depicting Assault on White House
The pro-Islamic State (IS) Abd al-Faqir Media group released the third episode in its series on hypothetical attacks with a video using doctored Hollywood film footage to depict an assault on the White House by IS fighters.
- TTP Video Shows Training Exercises of "Islamic Sniper Group"
Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) released a video featuring scenes from a training camp for its "Islamic Sniper Group".
- IJU Shows Training of Special Forces in Afghanistan in Video, Regular Fighters in Photos
The Islamic Jihad Union (IJU), a group active in Afghanistan alongside the Afghan Taliban, highlighted the training of its special forces in a video, and showed military exercises and studies of its regular fighters in photos.
- ‘Amaq Video Shows IS Fighters Destroying Religious Symbols, Burning Church in Marawi
The Islamic State’s (IS) ‘Amaq News Agency released a video showing IS fighters destroyed religious symbols inside a church in the battle-stricken city of Marawi in the Philippines and setting fire to the building.
- Benghazi Defense Brigades Commander Calls on Tribes and Youth of Libya to “Join Your Brothers”
The Field Commander of the Benghazi Defense Brigades called on tribes and youth of Libya to “join your brothers,” asserting General Khalifah Haftar “destroyed” his country.
- Hamza bin Laden Gives Advice to Lone Wolf Attackers in the West, Suggests Targets
Hamza bin Laden, a son of former al-Qaeda (AQ) leader Usama bin Laden, provided advice for lone wolf attackers in the West in an audio speech.
- ‘Amaq Video Shows IS Weaponized UAV Attack on Alleged Russian Vehicle in Deir al-Zour
The Islamic State’s (IS) ’Amaq News Agency released a video showing an attack with a weaponized unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) on a vehicle within what it called the Russian “mission” in western Deir al-Zour, Syria.
- Pro-IS Group Portrays IS as Savior for People of Aleppo, Urges Muslims to Fight
The pro-Islamic State (IS) Nashir Media Foundation portrayed the IS as the only savior for the people of Aleppo after God, and urged Muslims to fight in their defense.
- IS’ Raqqah Province Releases Video Advising Lone Wolves on Close-Quarter Combat, Bomb-making
The Islamic State’s (IS) Raqqah Province released a video featuring fighters giving instruction to potential lone wolf attackers in both hand-to-hand combat, as well as the construction of home-made bombs.
- Fighter Alleges Extorting $5000+ from Rwandan Intelligence, C.I.A. in Shabaab Video
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, released a video featuring a fighter who claimed to have extorted money from Rwandan Intelligence and C.I.A. agents by supplying them with intentionally vague information and false promises.
- ‘Amaq Video Shows Scenes from Inside IS-Run Primary School in Mosul
The Islamic State’s (IS) ‘Amaq News Agency released a video showing scenes from inside an IS-run primary school in Mosul.
- ‘Amaq Video Shows Interviews with Citizens as the Battle to Liberate Mosul Begins
The Islamic State’s (IS) ‘Amaq News Agency released a video showing interviews of civilians in Mosul in wake of the joint offensive to liberate the city from IS control.
- In New Magazine "Rumiyah," IS Calls for Lone-Wolf Attacks in Australia, West
The Islamic State (IS) released the first issue of a new magazine called "Rumiyah," calling in it for lone-wolf attacks in the West and in one article, Australia specifically.
- IS' 'Amaq Releases Video of Downing Russian Assault Helicopter in Tadmur
'Amaq News Agency of the Islamic State (IS) released a video of fighters shooting down a Russian assault helicopter east of Tadmur (Palmyra) in Syria's Homs governorate.
- IS Divisions in Ninawa and Raqqah Show Kids Enjoying Eid al-Fitr Activities
In two of the largest territories under its control, ar-Raqqah in Syria and Mosul in Iraq, the Islamic State (IS) held celebratory events for Eid al-Fitr, and released videos showing children enjoying them.
- Bangladeshi IS Fighters in Raqqah Commend Gulshan Attackers in Video, Threaten More Operations to Come
Bangladeshi Islamic State (IS) fighters in ar-Raqqah, Syria, commended the executors of the deadly attack at the Holey Artisan Bakery cafe in the Gulshan area of Dhaka, and threatened more operations to come.
- IS French Video Chant Promotes Attacks in France and Belgium, Features Clips of Two Fighters Involved in Brussels Operation
The Islamic State (IS) released a French video chant promoting its attacks in France and Belgium, and featuring clips of two fighters involved in the March 2016 operation in Brussels.
- IS’ Ninawa Province Shows Demolition of “Polytheist Antiquities” in Photo Report
Ninawa Province of the Islamic State (IS) in Iraq released a photo report showing the demolition of “polytheist antiquities” in Mosul.
- IS Releases 8th Issue of French Magazine, “Dar al-Islam”
The Islamic State (IS) released the 8th issue of its French magazine, “Dar al-Islam,” which focuses on the November 2015 Paris attacks and their executors, including the wills of some of them.
- IS Launches Website to Stream al-Bayan Radio Broadcasts
After releasing an Android app to stream it's al-Bayan Radio broadcasts, the Islamic State (IS) launched a website where users of any computer and mobile device can listen to the broadcast. The announcement of the website was distributed on Telegram and Twitter on February 6, 2016.
- AQAP's Chief Bombmaker Eulogizes Sunnis Executed by Saudi Arabia, Threatens America
Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) released an audio speech from its chief bombmaker, Ibrahim al-‘Asiri, eulogizing imprisoned Sunni fighters and clerics executed by Saudi Arabia, and threatening America.
- AQIM Releases Proof-of-Life Video of South Africa and Swedish Hostages, Cautions Against Using France as Mediator
Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghrab (AQIM) released a proof-of-life video of two hostages, Stephen McGowan of South Africa and Johan Gustofsson of Sweden, and indicated that they will continue to hold them prisoner until their demands are met.
- AQIM to Release Video Featuring South African and Swedish Hostages
Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghrab (AQIM) announced a forthcoming video featuring hostages Stephen McGowan of South Africa and Johan Gustofsson of Sweden.
- IS Claims Additional Attacks on Iraqi Soldiers, Seizing More Barracks in Ongoing Ramadi Offensive
Anbar Province of the Islamic State (IS) in Iraq claimed additional attacks on Iraqi forces and Shi’ite militiamen, and seizing more barracks in an offensive on Ramadi, and published over 30 photos of these operations.
- Jaish al-Islam Commander Calls for Unity in First Speech
In his first speech, Abu Hammam Essam al-Buwaydhani, the new commander of Jaish al-Islam (Army of Islam), eulogized former leader Zahran Alloush and called for Syrian opposition groups to unite.
- IS Leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi Criticizes Saudi-led Islamic Military Alliance, Threatens Enemy States
Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the leader of the Islamic State (IS) and its declared “Caliph,” criticized the Saudi-led Islamic military alliance against terrorism, and threatened enemy states, specifically America, Russia, and European countries.
- Nusra Front Recruitment Video Encourages Muslims to “Join the Battle”
The Aleppo correspondent of al-Qaeda’s branch in Syria, the Nusra Front, released an English-subtitled recruitment video encouraging Muslims to “join the battle”.
- IS Claims Killing Dozens in Suicide Bombing, Detonation of Three Buildings in Ramadi
Anbar Province of the Islamic State (IS) in Iraq claimed killing dozens of Iraqi soldiers and Popular Mobilization elements in a suicide bombing and the detonation of three booby-trapped buildings.
- AQAP Distributes Outboard Motors to Afflicted Fishermen in Hadramawt
Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) released a brief video focusing on its distributing outboard motors to fishermen afflicted by Cyclone Chapala in Yemen’s Hadramawt governorate, and fishermen hurt by a disaster in 2008 who were never compensated by the Yemeni Ministry of Fish Wealth.
- IS’ Khorasan Province Releases Video on Attacks in Afghanistan, Pakistan
Khorasan Province of the Islamic State (IS) released the first episode in a new video series entitled, “Khorasan: Graveyard of the Apostates,” featuring attacks in Afghanistan and Pakistan, and a beheading of a tribal militia element.
- Ahrar al-Sham Video Documents Idlib Victory
The Ahrar al-Sham Islamic Movement, the leading group within the Islamic Front umbrella, released a video on the takeover of Idlib from the Syrian regime forces.
- NF Gives Eulogy for Military Commander Abu Muhammad al-Hollandi
The Nusra Front (NF), the al-Qaeda branch in Syria, gave a eulogy for Dutch military leader Abu Muhammad al-Hollandi, who was declared dead in Aleppo on August 12, 2015.
- Nusra Front Video Shows Pledge of Foreign Fighter Battalion in Hama
The Hama division of the Nusra Front, al-Qaeda’s branch in Syria, released a video showing the pledge to its leader by a battalion of foreign fighters.
- Anti-IS Fighters in Syria Release Second Issue of English Magazine “Al Risalah”
Fighters in Syria opposed to the Islamic State (IS) and supportive of al-Qaeda and its local branch, the Nusra Front (NF), released the second issue of an English magazine “Al Risalah,” through the Global Islamic Media Front (GIMF).
- IS Video Shows Execution of Syrian Soldier in Homs by Running Over Him with a Tank
Homs Province of the Islamic State (IS) in Syria released a grotesque video of executing a Syrian soldier by running over him with a tank.
- Nusra Front Criticizes IS in Video, Highlights Success in Uniting with Fellow Jihadi Factions
The Nusra Front, al-Qaeda’s branch in Syria, released a video that criticized the Islamic State (IS) for splitting the ranks of jihad and sowing discord, and used the capture of the city of Idlib to highlight the success achieved by the jihadi factions when they unite.
- IS’ West Africa Province Releases Video on Repelling Army Advance in Borno
West Africa Province, the division of the Islamic State (IS) formerly known as Boko Haram, released a video of its fighters repelling an advance by the Nigerian army in Borno State, and showing the beheading of a captured soldier.
- IS Releases Video Documenting Conquest of al-Ramadi
Anbar Province of the Islamic State (IS) in Iraq released a video documenting its conquest of the city of al-Ramadi in May 2015, featuring exclusive footage of the slain commander whose name was given to the campaign, and a British suicide bomber.
- Nusra Front Video Shows Graduating Class of Shariah Course in Latakia
The Latakia division of the Nusra Front (NF) showed its graduating class from the “Teachers Qualifications” course on Shariah and Islam, and provided details on the course in a video.
- IS’ West Africa Province Leader Shekau Denies Reports of Death, Sickness
Abu Bakr Shekau, the head of West Africa Province of the Islamic State (IS), denied reports that he is dead or sick and unable to speak, and vowed to continue fighting the Nigerian government.
- IS Supporter Incites Attacks in Enemy Lands, Offers Manpower in UK
An English speaking IS supporter addressed IS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi in video, and offered to gather an army of 10,000 in the UK while asserting “the solution to win this last crusade is bring the war into the enemy lands.”
- French IS Suicide Bomber Challenges Hollande in Posthumous Video
Al-Furat Province, a division of the Islamic State (IS) in western Iraq, released a posthumous video of a French suicide bomber urging his family to embrace Islam and declaring to French President Francois Hollande that it is impossible to win against Islam.
- Nusra Front Claims Ansar al-Sharia Attack, Car Bombing on Syrian Army in Aleppo
Ansar al-Sharia, an operations room in Aleppo, Syria, formed on July 2, 2015 and composed of the Nusra Front, Ahrar al-Sham and thirteen other groups, claimed an attack, including a car bomb, against the Syrian army in Jamiat al-Zahra.
- English "MujGuide" Instructs in Bomb Making, Stealing Money from ATMs
A user circulated an English book called “MujGuide,” instructing in bomb making and stealing money from cash machines.
- IS al-Bayan News Bulletin for June 13, 2015
The Islamic State (IS) released the English edition of its al-Bayan news bulletin for June 13, 2015, giving highlights from the missing June 12th bulletin, and reporting on its attacks in Iraq and Syria.
- AQAP Releases Video of Anwar al-Awlaki Speaking about the “Culture of Martyrdom”
Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) released a posthumous video of Anwar al-Awlaki speaking about the “culture of martyrdom”.
- IS Video Shows Civilians in Syrian Town Thanking IS, Stating Support of Group
Deir al-Zour division of the Islamic State (IS) in Syria, or what the group calls “al-Khayr Province,” released a video of villagers in the town of al-Bu Hamam praising the IS, thanking it for returning them to their home, calling Muslims to join the IS, and denouncing those from their town that joined the Syrian regime.
- IS Video Shows Conquest of Tadmur, Beheading of Pro-Regime Element
The Homs division of the Islamic State (IS) in Syria released a video on the group’s conquest of Tadmur (Palmyra), showing fighters engaging Syrian soldiers in battle, guns, ammunition, and vehicles taken as spoils, and people stomping a pro-regime element before his beheading.
- “Battalion of Sheikh Omar Hadid” Claims Rocket Attack on Ashdod, Threatens Hamas
A Gaza-based jihadi group calling itself the “Battalion of Sheikh Omar Hadid” claimed credit for the May 26, 2015, rocket attack on the Israeli port city of Ashdod and gave a 48-hour deadline to Hamas to comply with certain conditions or it would continue to act.
- IS al-Bayan News Bulletin for May 31, 2015
The Islamic State (IS) released the English edition of its al-Bayan news bulletin for May 31, 2015, reporting on its attacks in Iraq, Libya and Syria, including the bombing of the Furqlus gas pipeline in Homs, and suicide bombings by Moroccan and Syrian fighters in al-Hasakah.
- IS-Linked ‘Amaq News Agency Video Shows Tadmur Prison After Leveling
The Islamic State (IS)-linked ‘Amaq News Agency released a video of Tadmur (Palmyra) prison after IS fighters leveled it to the ground with explosives.
- Jaish al-Islam Video Shows “Ali Bin Abi Talib Training Camp”
Syrian Islamist rebel group Jaish al-Islam released a video of “Ali Bin Abi Talib Training Camp,” showing fighters undergoing physical, tactical, and weapons training.
- IS Video Shows Corinthia Hotel Suicide Bombers in First Installment of “Convoys of the Martyrdom-Seekers” Series
The Islamic State (IS) Tripoli Province released a posthumous video showing the two suicide bombers credited for the January 27, 2015 attack on the Corinthia Hotel in Libya.
- IS Releases Video of Beheading Kidnapped Egyptian Christians in Libya
The Islamic State (IS) released a video of beheading the 21 Egyptian Christians it kidnapped in Libya in January 2015, containing the same images of the men that appeared in the seventh issue of Dabiq magazine.
- French-Speaking IS Fighters Threaten France and Belgium, Call for Lone-Wolf Attacks in Video
Two French-speaking fighters threatened France and Belgium and called for lone-wolf attacks in a video released by the Salah al-Din provincial division of the Islamic State (IS).
- Jihadi Forum Admins Discuss Media Strategy in Unprecedented Video
In an unprecedented video, administrators of a jihadi forum met in the battlefield and discussed media strategy as it relates to indoctrinating the Muslim public and protecting users’ identities when accessing their forum.
- IS Fighters in Ninawa Challenge Obama in Video, Rally for Jihad
Islamic State (IS) fighters in Iraq’s Ninawa province challenged U.S. President Barack Obama and the coalition, and rallied Muslims and fellow fighters for jihad in a video.
- IS Fighters in Tal Afar Airport Declare in Video They Will Never Withdraw
The Ninawa provincial division of the Islamic State (IS) in Iraq released a video of fighters stationed in Tal Afar airport declaring that they will be killed before withdrawing from their position.
- IS Suicide Bomber Gives Intense Speech Threatening Shi’ites in Posthumous Video
The Diyala provincial division of the Islamic State (IS) in Iraq released a posthumous video of a suicide bomber giving an intense speech threatening Shi’ites and advising IS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi not to have mercy on the enemy.
- IS’ “Sinai Province” Executes Two Agents of Egyptian Army in Video
The Islamic State’s (IS) “Sinai Province,” formerly the group Ansar Beit al-Maqdis, released a video of its executing two men who worked for the Egyptian army, and its setting up a roadblock on the El Arish – Rafah highway to capture more agents.
- AQAP Begins Video Series on Countering Drones, Focuses on Thermal Imaging and Regular Cameras in First Episode
Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) began a video series on countering drones, and in the first episode, focused on methods through which fighters can evade detection of thermal imaging and regular cameras.
- IS’ ar-Raqqah Province Begins New Video Series “The Racers to Paradise”
The Islamic State’s (IS) ar-Raqqah Province in Syria launched a new video series focusing on suicide attackers it called “The Racers to Paradise,” featuring an Algerian suicide bomber in the first episode.
- IS Video Shows Confessions of Conspirators within Group in ar-Raqqah
The ar-Raqqah provincial division of the Islamic State (IS) in Syria released a video focusing on a captured cell of conspirators within the group that sought to destabilize it and to kill its fighters and sell their weapons.
- IS Releases First Installment of “Words of Mujahid” Video Series
The "al-Janoub" provincial division of the Islamic State (IS), located in southern Iraq, released the first installment of a video series, titled "Words of Mujahid," featuring an IS fighter provoking the group's opposition.
- IS Video Shows Footage from Training Camp in Ninawa in New Series “Blood of Jihad”
The Ninawa provincial division of the Islamic State (IS) released a video showing the training of its new recruits at the “Camp of Sheikh Abu Azzam al-Ansari” in a new series called “Blood of Jihad”.
- Shabaab Releases Video on June 2013 UN Compound Attack in Mogadishu
Al-Qaeda’s branch in Somalia, the Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, released a video on its June 2013 suicide raid at the United Nations Common Compound (UNCC) in the capital, Mogadishu, and described the UN as a “satanic force of evil”.
- Rayat al-Tawheed Publishes Video Showing Members, Calling for Jihad
Rayat al-Tawheed, a media group comprised of foreign Islamic State fighters, published a YouTube video on September 19, 2014 that shows seven members of the group and a speech by one of its English members.
- Man Described as British Captive Appeals for Release in “Jeish al-Islam” Video
An alleged group calling itself “Jeish al-Islam” (Army of Islam) released a video of a British citizen appealing to his government and Prime Minister David Cameron to help with his release.
- Jamaat Ahadun Ahad Releases Videos of Training Camps in Latakia, Syria
The Twitter page of Jamaat Ahadun Ahad, a new coalition of foreign fighter groups in Syria that announced its formation on August 10, contains links to two videos featuring the group’s training camps in Latakia, Syria.
- Shabaab Justifies Woolwich Attack, Incites for Lone-Wolf Action in West
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement released a video justifying the May 22, 2013, attack in Woolwich, London, and highlighting the participation of British fighters in jihad in Somalia as well as inciting for lone-wolf attacks in the West.
- Al-Qaeda Releases Video of American Captive Warren Weinstein
Al-Qaeda’s media arm, as-Sahab, released a video showing American captive Warren Weinstein telling US President Barack Obama to answer al-Qaeda’s demands or he will be killed.
- AQAP Releases Video Focused on Anwar al-Awlaki
Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) released a video focusing on slain Yemeni-American cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, and featuring footage of a speech from Awlaki to the American people and Muslims in the West.
- AQAP Leader Pledges to Ayman al-Zawahiri
Abu Baseer al-Wuhayshi, the leader of al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), pledged allegiance to newly appointed al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri in an audio message released on jihadist forums on July 26, 2011.
- American Shabaab Commander Speaks on Death of Usama bin Laden
Omar Hammami AKA Abu Mansour the American, a commander in the Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, spoke during an event held by Shabaab officials in the city of Afgoyee in the Lower Shabelle region of Somalia.
- AQIM Releases Tape of French Prisoners Addressing Sarkozy
Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) released a video containing a series of audio messages from four of its French captives to French President Nicolas Sarkozy.
- Ansar al-Islam Video of Bombing an Iraqi Vehicle in Kirkuk
Ansar al-Islam’s media arm, al-Ansar Media Foundation, released a video of bombing what they say is an Iraqi military vehicle in Kirkuk province of Iraq. The 36 second video was posted on jihadist forums on March 24, 2011.
- ISI Video of Slain Fighters’ Wills Inciting for Jihad
The Islamic State of Iraq (ISI), the al-Qaeda-front in Iraq, released a video showing four slain fighters reading their wills which incite Muslims to follow their path and participate in jihad.
- Ansar al-Islam Video of Ambush in Samarra
Ansar al-Islam’s media arm, al-Ansar Media Foundation, released a video showing the group’s fighters launching an ambush on Iraqi forces in Samarra, Salahuddin province of Iraq. The 16 minute, 47 second video is titled, “Protectors of the House 4,” and was posted on jihadist forums on December 8, 2010.
- Afghan Taliban Video Shows Captive US Soldier, Suicide Bombers
Manba al-Jihad, a media unit of the Haqqani Network within the Afghan Taliban, released a video focusing on its suicide bombers, and included a passing look at captive US soldier Bowe Bergdahl. The 69-minute Pashto-language video was released on the website of the Afghan Taliban on December 2, 2010, but appeared on jihadist forums on November 24.
- Ansar al-Islam Video of Shelling a US Base in Samarra
Ansar al-Islam’s media arm, al-Ansar Media Foundation, released a video of firing a mortar shell at what they say is a US military base in the city of Samarra in Salahuddin province of Iraq.
- Awlaki Urges Support of Mujahideen, Killing of Americans
Anwar al-Awlaki urged Sunni Muslim scholars to incite people to support the mujahideen and to disavow loyalty to Arab rulers in a lecture released on jihadist forums on November 8, 2010. The lecture, entitled, “And to Make it Known and Clear to Mankind,” came in a 23 minute, 5 second video. Awlaki, a radical Yemeni-American cleric, speaks in Arabic from behind a desk with a sheathed dagger in his belt.
- Examples from AQAP Propaganda of Concealed Explosives
Using an ordinary item to conceal an explosive, such as a printer cartridge in the most recent case, is a tactic that al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) has employed in the past.
- Usama bin Laden Justifies Threats to France
Al-Qaeda leader Usama bin Laden justified threats to France and the capturing of its nationals in North Africa in an audio speech broadcast by al-Jazeera Arabic Television on October 27, 2010. Al-Jazeera provided a clip from the as-Sahab-produced video that contained the audio, and also published the Arabic transcript.
- Al-Qaeda's Adam Gadahn Urges Individual Jihad
Al-Qaeda’s American spokesman Adam Gadahn (AKA Azzam the American) urged Muslims to take initiative and carry out acts of individual jihad in states of the “Zio-Crusader coalition” in a video released on jihadist forums on October 23, 2010. Gadahn appeared in the video and spoke entirely in Arabic.
- AQAP Shariah Official Criticizes Yemeni President’s Shariah Pledge
Abu al-Zubeir ‘Adil al-‘Abab, a Shariah official for al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), criticized Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Salih’s pledge to implement Shariah in an audio speech released on October 8, 2010.
- ISI Video Urges Muslims Travel and Participate in Jihad
The Islamic State of Iraq (ISI), the al-Qaeda-front in Iraq, released a video aimed at motivating foreign Muslims to travel for and participate in jihad.
- IMU German Member Urges Fighters’ Mothers be Proud
The Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan (IMU) released a video featuring one of its German members, Abu Ibrahim the German, addressing the mothers of fighters in the field and urging them to not be sad but proud.
- Shabaab Calls Upon Uganda and Burundi to Cease Sending Troops to Somalia
In an English-language video released by Al-Kataib, the media arm of the Shabaab al-Mujahideen movement, on June 27, 2010, a battle is shown between Shabaab soldiers and Ugandan peace-keeping forces from the African Union’s Mission in Somalia.
- As-Sahab Video of Suicide Bombing in Margha, Paktika
Al-Qaeda’s media arm, as-Sahab, released a video of a suicide bombing carried out by a Kuwaiti fighter in the area of Margha in Paktika province of Afghanistan. The 11 minute, 32 second video is titled, “The Knights of Khorasan,” and was posted in separate Arabic- and Urdu-language versions on jihadist forums on October 15, 2010.
- Bin Laden Releases Two Messages Following Pakistan Floods
Al-Qaeda leader Usama bin Laden addressed the issue of relief work in two new audio speeches released on jihadist forums on October 1, 2010. and October 2, 2010 The first speech, entitled, “Pauses with the Method of Relief Work,” came in an 11 minute, 39 second video produced by al-Qaeda’s media arm, as-Sahab.
- Nokhba Jihadi Media Launches Donation Drive
Nokhba Jihadi Media, a jihadist media organization, launched a donation drive to provide money to fighters and released a video as part of its propaganda.
- IMU German Member Lectures New Recruits in Video
The Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan (IMU) released a German-language video on its website showing one of its German members, Mounir C. (AKA Abu Adam the German), lecturing new recruits on the legitimacy and necessity of jihad.
- As-Sahab Releases Second Video of Mortar Strike in Wata Pur
Al-Qaeda’s media arm, as-Sahab, released a video showing a mortar strike on an unidentified base in Wata Pur district in Kunar province of Afghanistan.
- As-Sahab Releases Videos of Attacks in Khyber, Landi Kotal
Al-Qaeda’s media arm, as-Sahab, released two videos showing BM rocket attacks on Pakistani military locations in the Khyber and Landi Kotal tribal regions of Pakistan.
- AQIM Leader Refuses Surrender, Declares Continuation of Jihad
Abu Musab Abdul Wadud, the leader of al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM), condemned Algeria’s calls to its fighters to surrender, declaring in an audio speech that jihad will continue.
- Tawhid and Jihad Group Releases Anti-Hamas Video
Tawhid and Jihad Group, Beit al-Maqdis (Jerusalem), released a video condemning Hamas for its actions in Sabra and Ibn Taymiyya Mosque in Gaza, and its repudiation of Shariah-based governance.
- As-Sahab Releases Third Video of Strike in Wata Pur
Al-Qaeda’s media arm, as-Sahab, released a third video showing a strike on an unidentified base in Wata Pur district in Kunar province of Afghanistan.
- Al-Qaeda's Adam Gadahn Gives Demands to Obama
Al-Qaeda’s American spokesman Adam Gadahn (AKA Azzam the American) appeared in a video released by the group’s media arm, as-Sahab, dictating demands to US President Barack Obama. The 24 minute video was posted on jihadist forums on June 20, 2010, and is titled, “Legitimate Demands 2: Barack’s Dilemma.”
- Libi Offers Condolences for Slain ISI Leaders in Video
Abu Yahya al-Libi, a member of al-Qaeda’s Shariah Committee, appeared in a video, offering condolences for the deaths of top Islamic State of Iraq (ISI) officials, and urging fighters in Iraq to unite. The 19 minute, 41 second as-Sahab-produced video is titled, “Blood of Our Leaders… Fuel for Our Battles,” and was released on jihadist forums on June 15, 2010.