- Written by Rohan Gunaratana, prepared exclusively for SITE
- Articles and Analysis
- Created: October 14, 2010
“Brother, you have to fight. This is a matter of prestige of Islam. Fight so that your fight becomes a shining example. Be strong in the name of Allah. You may feel tired or sleepy but the commandos of Islam have left everything behind. Their mothers, their fathers, their homes.”
Phone call intercepted from terrorist handler in Pakistan to hostage taker in India at the Jewish Centre in Mumbai at 10.26 p.m. on November 27, 2008.
The Operatives, Masterminds, and Enduring Threat
The most devastating terrorist attack in 2008 was the coordinated, near-simultaneous, no-surrender attack on India’s entertainment and financial capital from November 26-29.
Not A Member? Join Now
Gain access to unparalled insight into the jihadist threat, including:
- Breaking News
- The latest propaganda from jihadist groups
- In-depth articles & analysis from SITE’s experts
- Exclusive Translations
- Access to jihadist multimedia
- Enjoy Ad-Free Content