- Faylaq al-Sham Claims Gains from Regime in Hama, from IS in Aleppo
Faylaq al-Sham claimed capturing Ma’an village and Bazzam Hill in the countryside of Hama from the regime forces, and new advances on Islamic State (IS)-held territory surrounding Jarabulus, Aleppo.
- Gaza-based Army of Islam Mourns Death of IS Spokesman 'Adnani
The Gaza-based Army of Islam (Jaish al-Islam) gave a eulogy for Islamic State (IS) spokesman Abu Muhammad al-'Adnani, and warned America not to rejoice in his killing, for fighters are widespread and jihad is not finished.
- IS French Media Division Incites Supporters to Avenge Spokesman’s Killing
A French-language media division of the Islamic State (IS) incited supporters to avenge the killing of IS spokesman Abu Muhammad al-‘Adnani and heed his calls to attack.
- Jund al-Aqsa Claims Suicide Bombing by Saudi Fighter, Capturing Several Villages in Hama
Jund al-Aqsa claimed a suicide bombing carried out by a Saudi fighter in the northern countryside of Hama, and announced capturing numerous villages as a result on the Marwan Haded Battle which the group launched against the regime.
- Prominent Anti-IS Cleric Abdullah al-Muhaysini Justifies Rejoicing in Killing of IS Spokesman
Abdullah al-Muhaysini, a prominent Saudi cleric in Syria and opponent of the Islamic State (IS), justified rejoicing in the killing of the IS' spokesman, Abu Muhammad al-'Adnani.
- Faylaq al-Sham Claims Capturing 13 Villages From IS Aleppo
Following the takeover of Jarabulus, Faylaq al-Sham announced capturing over a dozen of villages from the Islamic State surrounding the city in the west and south. Reports of the new advances were shared via Twitter and Telegram channels between August 27 and 30, 2016.
- IS Announces Death of Spokesman Abu Muhammad al-'Adnani
The Islamic State (IS) announced that its spokesman, Abu Muhammad al-'Adnani, was killed while "surveying the military operations" in Aleppo, Syria, and threatened revenge against the "filthy cowards in the sect of disbelief, and the carrier of the banner of the Cross in it".
- IS' 'Amaq Reports Death of IS Spokesman Abu Muhammad al-'Adnani
'Amaq News Agency of the Islamic State (IS) reported that long-standing IS spokesman Abu Muhammad al-'Adnani was killed in Aleppo, Syria.
- Senior NF Commander’s Letter Announces Exit from Group after Rebranding as Jabhat Fateh al-Sham
A hand-written letter attributed to high-ranking Nusra Front (NF) commander Abu Hammam al-Shami—previously reported to be dead—declared his dissociation from the group after it split from al-Qaeda (AQ) to become Jabhat Fateh al-Sham.
- Zawahiri Calls Fighters to Unite, Attacks IS for Creating and Maintaining Division
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri stressed a "dire need" for fighters to unite, especially in Syria, and attacked the Islamic State (IS) and its leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, for creating and maintaining division between the factions and ranks.
- Tribes in Northern Raqqah Countryside Form “Qadisiyyah Battalions” to Fight Kurdish Forces
Tribes in the northern countryside of Syria’s Raqqah governorate announced the formation of the “Qadisiyyah Battalions” to fight Kurdish forces in the region.
- Jihadi Widow on Facebook: Muslim Wives Must Demand Husbands Take Up Jihad
An alleged widow of a jihadi fighter in Syria called on Muslim wives to demand that their husbands fulfill their religious “duties.”
- Fatah Halab Videos Show Attacks on Regime Forces in Southern Aleppo
Fatah Halab Operations Room released footage of attacks on the regime forces in the southern countryside of Aleppo, and claimed repelling an attempted advance of the Syrian army onto the Technical College in the city.
- Syrian Rebel Groups Reclaim Jarabulus From IS
Syrian rebel groups announced recapturing Jarabulus from the Islamic State (IS) following Operation “Shield of the Euphrates,” which was supported by the Turkish armed forces.
- IS Claims Suicide Attack during Assault on Rebel Forces near Jordanian-Syrian Border
The Islamic State (IS) claimed a suicide attack as part of an assault on rebel forces near the Syrian-Jordanian border.
- Jabhat Fateh al-Sham Claims Targeting Syrian and Russian Aircraft in Aleppo, Attacks on Regime in Homs
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham claimed targeting the Syrian and Russian aircraft in Um al-Qara Hill in Aleppo, and reported attacking the Syrian regime in al-Zara village, Homs.
- IS Video Incites Muslims in West to Kill Civilians to Avenge Airstrike Victims
Showing footage of child victims of airstrikes in Syria, and stories by their alleged parents and relatives, the Islamic State (IS) incited Muslims in the West to kill civilians as vengeance for the dead.
- NF Co-Founder Iyad al-Tubasi Announces Separation from Jabhat Fateh al-Sham
Iyad al-Tubasi (AKA Abu Julaybib), a founding member and high-ranking official with the Nusra Front (NF), announced his separation from the group following its recent split from al-Qaeda (AQ) and re-branding as Jabhat Fateh al-Sham.
- Jabhat Fateh al-Sham Claims Regaining Positions in Aleppo, Clashes with Regime in Homs and Latakkia
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham claimed regaining control of al-Qarassi and Um al-Qara’ in Aleppo, and attacks on the Syrian regime forces in the countryside of Homs and in Latakkia.
- Ahrar al-Sham Photo Report Shows Graduates from Azzam Jumu’a al-Latoof Camp
Ahrar al-Sham Islamic Movement published a photo report of a graduating group from the Central Force Camp named after its “martyred” commander, Azzam Jumu’a al-Latoof.
- IS’ ‘Amaq News Agency Reports Killing U.S. Soldier, Six from YPG Forces North of Manbij
The Islamic State’s (IS) ‘Amaq News Agency reported that an American soldier was killed along with six from People’s Protection Units (YPG) forces in the village of Zahr Imarah, located north of Manbij.
- Ahrar al-Sham Official Discusses Jabhat Fateh al-Sham in Extended Version of Interview with News Outlet
Ahrar al-Sham released an “exclusive” extended version of an interview conducted by the London-based Al-Hayat newspaper, in which Chief of Political Relations Labib al-Nahhas discussed the group’s relationship with Jabhat Fateh al-Sham.
- Jihadist Telegram Channel Claims Recruiting Foreign Fighter Killed in Aleppo Clashes
A jihadist Telegram channel reported the death of a foreign fighter in Aleppo, whom it claimed recruiting to the country’s battlefronts.
- IS Declares in al-Naba that it Will Return to Lost Areas, Continue Attacking Abroad
The Islamic State (IS) declared in its al-Naba newspaper that it will return to the areas in which it lost control, and its fighters will continue launching attacks abroad, for they are "growing more experienced in ways to deceive their enemies, thwart their security plans, and pass through the borders and obstacles".
- Telegram Channel Warns Non-Arabic-Speaking Migrants in Syria of Potential Airstrikes
Jihadists on social media promoted a Telegram channel purposed to warn non-Arabic-speaking jihadi migrants of potential airstrikes based off of intercepted “enemy” communications.
- IS Shows "Cubs of the Caliphate" in School Classroom, Target Practice
Ar-Raqqah Province of the Islamic State (IS) in Syria published a photo report on young children, who they call "cubs," in various scenes, including a school classroom and a field to shoot at targets.
- Jaish al-Islam Claims Killing Dozens of Regime Forces in Eastern Qalamoun
Jaish al-Islam claimed seizing control of areas in Eastern Qalamoun following clashes with the regime and militia forces as part of Operation Dhat al-Riqa.
- Jaish al-Islam Claims Attacking IS in Damascus
Jaish al-Islam claimed attacking gatherings of the Islamic State (IS) in al-Zayn and al-Hajar al-Aswad, Damascus, and killing and wounding dozens of them.
- Jabhat Fateh al-Sham Claims Attacking Regime at Cement Factory in Aleppo
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham claimed attacking the pro-regime militia forces at the cement factory in Aleppo and breaking the regime’s first line of defense.
- Telegram Channels Seeks Anti-IS Evidence for Arrested Swedish “Brothers”
A Syria-focused Telegram channel requested evidence to clear two Swedish Muslims suspected of attempting to join the Islamic State (IS), following their January 2016 arrest in Greece.
- IS Claims Killing Nearly 50 from Rebel Factions in Idlib Suicide Bombing
The Islamic State (IS) claimed killing nearly 50 fighters from the Syrian rebel factions Faylaq al-Sham and Harakat Zenki in its first claimed suicide bombing in Idlib.
- IS' 'Amaq Claims American Forces Hit in Suicide Raid in Eastern Aleppo
The Islamic State (IS) media unit 'Amaq News Agency claimed that suicide attackers struck a housing area in eastern Aleppo used by American and Kurdish forces, and killed and wounded at least 41 elements.
- IS Video Shows Attacks on Syrians and Russians in Homs, Downing of Russian Attack Helicopter
Homs Province of the Islamic State (IS) in Syria released a video on its suicide bombings and other attacks on Syrian and Russian soldiers in Tadmur (Palmyra), including the downing of what it described as a Mi-35 Russian attack helicopter.
- Female IS Supporters Comment on Reports of Killed IS Bride, Female Migration: “It won’t be Easy”
Female Islamic State (IS) supporters reacted to news reports that Kadiza Sultana, a British schoolgirl who fled to the group in Syria with two friends in February of 2015, was killed in a May 2016 airstrike in the Syrian city of Raqqa.
- IS Identifies Aaron Driver as the "Soldier" who Attempted Suicide Bombing in Canada in its al-Bayan Radio News Bulletin
In its al-Bayan Radio news bulletin, the Islamic State (IS) identified Aaron Driver as the "soldier" of the IS who attempted a suicide bombing in Ottawa, Canada.
- Fatah Halab Operations Room Claim Killing Dozens, Regaining Points in South of Aleppo
Fatah Halab Operations Room announced clashes against the Syrian regime and pro-regime militia forces in al-Ramousah, south of Aleppo, and regaining control of several points lost to the regime earlier.
- Al Muhajirun Video Promotes Jaish al-Fateh’s Success in Battle of Aleppo
Al Muhajirun, a group promoting itself as the “representative face” of foreign fighters from various jihadi factions in Syria, released a video showing the “military conquest” of Jaish al-Fateh in the battle of “lifting the siege” of Aleppo.
- Jaish al-Islam Claims Attacks on IS, Syrian Regime in Eastern Ghouta
Jaish al-Islam claimed clashes with Islamic State (IS) and targeting the Syrian regime forces in the southern countryside of Damascus.
- Rebel Groups Claim Advances in Aleppo
Rebel groups participating in the campaign dedicated to “lifting the siege of Aleppo” claimed seizing factories in Ramousah, and repelling an attempted advance by the regime and pro-regime militia forces in Mahrouqat Hill.
- Jabhat Fateh al-Sham Releases Video Will of Suicide Bomber in Aleppo
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham, formerly the Nusra Front, released a video will of a fighter who carried out a suicide operation on Syrian regime forces in the Aleppo Artillery School area.
- Jabhat Fath al-Sham Leader Commends Victories Against Aleppo Siege
Abu Muhammad al-Julani, the leader of Syrian militant faction Jabhat Fath al-Sham, formerly the Nusra Front, commended victories by fighters in the past days in attempts to break the regime's siege on Aleppo.
- Telegram Channel Urges German Muslims to “Seek out a Contact” and Leave for Syria
A German-language Telegram channel run by an alleged jihadi migrant in Syria called for Muslims in Germany to obtain migration contacts and leave for Syria.
- IS al-Bayan Provincial News Recaps for August 4, 2016
The Islamic State (IS) released the August 4, 2016 English edition of its al-Bayan provincial news bulletin, which included recaps of operations in Syria and Iraq.
- Rebel Groups Claim Seizing Areas in Northern Homs
Jabhat Fath al-Sham and Ahrar al-Sham Islamic Movement, along with other rebel groups part of Northern Homs Operations Room, claimed seizing points in al-Zara and Hirbnefsah following attacks on the Syrian regime forces in northern Homs.
- Jaish al-Fath Discovers IS Cell in Idlib, Arrests Three
Jaish al-Fath’s Security Office claimed arresting three Islamic State (IS) fighters after discovering an IS cell in Idlib.
- Jaish al-Fath Groups Claim Seizing Various Points in Ongoing Battle of “Lifting the Siege of Aleppo”
Jaish al-Fath coalition groups claimed taking control of several points in the large offensive launched to “Lift the Siege of Aleppo” following clashes with pro-regime militia and regime soldiers.
- IS’ ‘Amaq Video Shows Carnage Allegedly Inflicted by Coalition Airstrike in Manbij
Amidst the jihadi-supported campaign to close Incirlik Air Base in Turkey, from which coalition airstrike takeoff to strike the Islamic State (IS), the IS’ ‘Amaq News Agency released a video showing the carnage to civilians allegedly inflicted by the coalition.
- IS al-Bayan Provincial News Recaps for August 2, 2016
The Islamic State (IS) released the August 2, 2016 English edition of its al-Bayan provincial news bulletin, which included recaps of operations in Syria, Iraq, and Pakistan.
- IS al-Bayan Provincial News Recaps for August 1, 2016
The Islamic State (IS) released the August 1, 2016 English edition of its al-Bayan provincial news bulletin, which included recaps of operations in Syria, Iraq, and Libya.
- "Mujahideen of Shaam" Publish 3rd Issue of English Magazine "Al Risalah"
Fighters in Syria in support of al-Qaeda and Jabhat Fath al-Sham (formerly the Nusra Front) released the third issue of the English magazine “Al Risalah,” featuring a two-part story by a former British Guantanamo detainee, and interviews with a British fighter in al-Qaeda’s branch in Somalia, the Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, and a suicide bomber from the Turkistan Islamic Party (TIP) before his mission.
- Jabhat Fath al-Sham Reports Two Suicide Bombings and Clashes with Regime Forces in Aleppo
Jabhat Fath al-Sham claimed two suicide bombings in Aleppo and clashes with the Syrian regime forces in the battle to “Lift the Siege of Aleppo.”
- Jabhat Fath al-Sham Claims Clashes with IS & Yarmouk Martyrs Brigade in Daraa
Jabhat Fath al-Sham, formerly known as Nusra Front (NF) which ceased operations and severed ties with al-Qaeda, claimed repelling an attempted advance by the Islamic State (IS) forces and al-Yarmouk Martyrs Brigade in the northeastern countryside of Daraa.
- Jabhat Fath al-Sham Claims Clashes with Regime Forces in Lattakia, Homs
The newly established Jabhat Fath al-Sham claimed clashes with Syrian regime forces in Lattakia and Homs, marking its first such report under the name since relinquishing its al-Qaeda affiliation as the Nusra Front.
- NF-AQ Split Announcement Prompts Celebration and Wariness from Supporters
Following the Nusra Front’s (NF) recently announced split from al-Qaeda (AQ) and consequential rebranding as “Jabhat Fath al-Sham,” members and supporters of the group on social media expressed both support and wariness of the decision.
- Jabhat Fath al-Sham Claims NF-AQ Split Part of Necessary “Phase” Toward Opposition Unity
One day after formally ending its affiliation to al-Qaeda (AQ) as the Nusra Front (NF) in a video speech by leader Abu Muhammad al-Julani, the newly established Jabhat Fath al-Sham (“Syria Conquest Front”) explained the separation as part of a necessary “phase” in establishing opposition unity in Syria.
- Newly Established Jabhat Fath al-Sham Releases List of 10 Objectives for Syria
Hours after formally ending its affiliation to al-Qaeda as the Nusra Front via a video speech by leader Abu Muhammad al-Julani, the newly named Jabhat Fath al-Sham (“Syria Conquest Front”) released a list of 10 objectives for establishing opposition unity and Shariah in Syria.
- NF Leader Announces Split from AQ, Rebranding as “Jabhat Fath al-Sham”
Nusra Front (NF) leader Abu Muhammad al-Julani announced breaking ties with al-Qaeda (AQ) and the group’s consequential rebranding as “Jabhat Fath al-Sham.”
- Ahrar al-Sham Claims Attacking Russian Military Airbase in Hama, Clashes With Regime Forces
Ahrar al-Sham Islamic Movement claimed targeting Hama’s Military Airbase used by the Russian forces and reported battles with the Shiite militia in al-Zara and Hirbnefsah, the two villages in the countryside of Hama, which the regime has made multiple attempts to advance over in the past month.
- Infographic by IS’ ‘Amaq News Agency Tallies Casualties of Qamishli Suicide Attack
The Islamic State’s (IS) ‘Amaq News Agency provided an infographic on a claimed suicide attack on People’s Protection Units (YPG) forces in Qamishli.
- Zawahiri's Deputy Tells Nusra Front to Do What is Necessary to Preserve Syrian Jihad
The Nusra Front, al-Qaeda's branch in Syria, released an audio speech from a figure identified as the deputy of al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri telling the group to do what is necessary to preserve the Syrian jihad, even to cut organizational ties.
- IS al-Bayan Provincial News Recaps for July 27, 2016
The Islamic State (IS) released the July 27, 2016 English editions of its al-Bayan provincial news bulletin, which included recaps of operations in Syria, Iraq, France, Nigeria, Libya, and Egypt.
- IS Video Condemns New Syrian Army and Leader, Warns Coalition Forces from Entering IS Territory
Furat Province of the Islamic State (IS) published a video focusing on the creation of the New Syrian Army (NSA), condemning its leader Kha’zal as-Sarhan for “fear-mongering and the spreading of false rumors,” and issued a warning to coalition forces from entering IS territory.
- IS Claims Downing 30 Aircraft in al-Naba Infographic
The Islamic State (IS) claimed to have taken down 30 aircraft in a three-and-a-half-month period in an infographic provided in its al-Naba news publication.
- Nusra Front Supporters Discuss Rumored Split from al-Qaeda, Give Mixed Reactions
Nusra Front (NF) fighters, supporters, and officials on social media expressed mixed reactions to unconfirmed reports that the group would be formally leaving al-Qaeda (AQ).
- NF and Ahrar al-Sham Clash with Regime Forces in Northern Countryside of Homs
Nusra Front (NF) and Ahrar al-Sham Islamic Movement claimed targeting the Syrian regime forces in Zara and Hirbnefsah as part of their operations within the Northern Homs Countryside Operations Room.
- IS al-Bayan Provincial News Recaps for July 24-25, 2016
The Islamic State (IS) released the July 24-25, 2016 English editions of its al-Bayan provincial news bulletin, which included recaps of operations in Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, and Egypt.
- IS’ ‘Amaq News Agency Infographic Lists Six Aircraft Downed in Syria from July 5 – 23
The Islamic State’s (IS) ‘Amaq News Agency released an infographic listing different aircraft downed in Syria within a given timespan in July.
- NF Claims Attack on Regime Forces in al-Mallah, Aleppo
Nusra Front (NF), al-Qaeda’s branch in Syria, claimed initiating an attack on Syrian regime positions in al-Mallah on July 20.
- IS Gives Jihadi Biography of Slain Commander Umar al-Shishani in al-Naba
The Islamic State (IS) provided a jihadi biography of Umar al-Shishani, the head of its "Department of Soldiery" and a top commander in its army, in al-Naba newspaper.
- Fath Halab Operations Room Report Clashes with Regime Forces Around Aleppo
The Levantine Front and Faylaq al-Sham, Syrian rebel groups participating in the activities of Fath Halab Operations Room, reported clashes around Aleppo.
- Al-Qaeda Holds Those who Pledge to Baghdadi Responsible for IS Crimes
In the fifth issue of its "al-Nafeer" (Call to Mobilize) bulletin, al-Qaeda warned that those who pledge allegiance to Islamic State (IS) leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi are responsible for the crimes committed by him and his group.
- IS al-Bayan Provincial News Recaps for July 20, 2016
The Islamic State (IS) released the July 20, 2016 English edition of its al-Bayan provincial news bulletin, which included recaps of operations in Syria, Iraq, Germany, Cameroon and Egypt.
- IS al-Bayan Provincial News Recaps for July 19, 2016
The Islamic State (IS) released the July 19, 2016 English edition of its al-Bayan provincial news bulletin, which included recaps of operations in Syria, Iraq, and Libya.
- Woman Living Under IS in Syria Offers Migration Assistance via Kik Messenger
An alleged woman living under the Islamic State (IS) in Syria offered assistance regarding migration and obtaining references within the group.
- Australian NF Cleric Condemns Proposed U.S.-Russian Coordination against Group
Abu Sulayman al-Muhajir (AKA Mostafa Mahamed), an Australian cleric and member of the Shariah Committee of the al-Qaeda-affiliated Nusra Front (NF), condemned the proposed U.S.-Russian Joint Implementation Group (JIG) for Syria.
- IS Claims Killing Nearly 200 Kurds East of al-Farouq Dam in Two Days
The Islamic State (IS) claimed killing nearly 200 Kurds in two days of attacks, including two suicide operations, east of al-Farouq Dam in Syria.
- NF Islamic Police Warns Traders in Aleppo Against Monopolizing Goods
The Islamic Police of Nusra Front (NF), al-Qaeda’s branch in Syria, released a warning statement to traders in Aleppo who are monopolizing basic food and other items by inflating prices and refusing to sell.
- Brigades of Abdullah Azzam Official Calls on People of Hauran to Break Siege on Darayya
Sirajuddin Zurayqat, an official in the Lebanon-based Brigades of Abdullah Azzam, called on the people of Hauran in southwestern Syria to break the regime's siege on the Damascus suburb Darayya.
- Australian Cleric in Nusra Front Happy with Reported Death of IS Commander Umar al-Shishani
Abu Sulayman al-Muhajir (AKA Mostafa Mahamed), an Australian cleric and member of the Shariah Committee of the al-Qaeda-affiliated Nusra Front, expressed happiness for the reported death of Islamic State (IS) commander Umar al-Shishani, and continued his condemnation of the IS.
- IS Claims Downing Syrian Helicopter in Damascus, 'Amaq Gives Video of Wreckage
The Islamic State (IS) claimed downing a second Syrian aircraft just hours after the first, and similar to the previous incident, its 'Amaq News Agency released a video of the wreckage.
- IS al-Bayan Provincial News Recaps for July 14, 2016
The Islamic State (IS) released the July 14, 2016 English edition of its al-Bayan provincial news bulletin, which included recaps of operations in Syria, Iraq, and Egypt.
- IS Claims Downing Syrian Warplane in Deir al-Zour, 'Amaq Gives Video of Wreckage and Pilot’s Corpse
Al-Khayr Province, the division of the Islamic State (IS) for Deir al-Zour, Syria, claimed shooting down a Syrian warplane, and the IS' 'Amaq News Agency released a video showing the wreckage and the mangled corpse of the pilot.
- Nusra Front Claims Capturing Hill in Mount al-Akrad, Latakkia
Nusra Front (NF), al-Qaeda’s branch in Syria, claimed capturing al-Zuwayqat Hill in Mount al-Akrad, Latakkia, following an attack on a regime point in the area.
- NF and Ahrar al-Sham Claim Attacking Regime Forces in the Countryside of Homs
Nusra Front (NF), al-Qaeda’s branch in Syria, and Ahrar al-Sham Islamic Movement reported clashes against the pro-regime forces in the countryside of Homs in reaction to the regime’s attacks on al-Zara, Hirbnefsah, and Kesayn.
- NF Claims Capturing Points in al-Malah in Collaboration with Noor al-Dine al-Zanki
Nusra Front (NF), al-Qaeda’s branch in Syria, claimed continued advance and capturing of several points in al-Malah in the northern countryside of Aleppo in a joint attack with Noor al-Dine al-Zanki.
- NF Qalamoun Leader Celebrates Attack on Safa Checkpoint, Calls for Mobilization
Nusra Front (NF), al-Qaeda’s branch in Syria, released an audio speech from Abu Malik al-Shami, the group’s leader in al-Qalamoun, congratulating the group on the July 7 attack on the regime-held Safa checkpoint and encouraging Muslims to mobilize.
- Nusra Front and Ahrar al-Sham Report Battles with Regime in Mount al-Akrad, Latakkia
Ahrar al-Sham Islamic Movement and Nusra Front (NF) reported clashes with the pro-regime forces on the hills of Mount al-Akrad.
- Ahrar al-Sham Claims Capturing 2 IS Cell Members in Northeast of Idlib
Ahrar al-Sham Islamic Movement claimed capturing two Islamic State (IS) cell members planning attacks on Ahrar al-Sham and Nusra Front (NF) fighters in the city of Binnish, northeast of Idlib.
- IS Video Presents Reenactment of Young Syrian Joining Group in ar-Raqqah
Ar-Raaqqah Province of the Islamic State (IS) released a video presenting a reenactment of a young Syrian joining its ranks.
- IS' 'Amaq Releases Video of Downing Russian Assault Helicopter in Tadmur
'Amaq News Agency of the Islamic State (IS) released a video of fighters shooting down a Russian assault helicopter east of Tadmur (Palmyra) in Syria's Homs governorate.
- IS Claims Seizing Regime-Held Barriers and Downing Russian Helicopter near Tadmur
The Homs provincial division of the Islamic State (IS) in Syria claimed downing a Russian helicopter while seizing three regime-held barriers east of Tadmur (Palmyra).
- IS Divisions in Ninawa and Raqqah Show Kids Enjoying Eid al-Fitr Activities
In two of the largest territories under its control, ar-Raqqah in Syria and Mosul in Iraq, the Islamic State (IS) held celebratory events for Eid al-Fitr, and released videos showing children enjoying them.
- NF Associate Describes Status of “More than 150” IS Defectors in Rebel-Held Territory
An alleged associate of the Nusra Front (NF), al-Qaeda’s Syrian affiliate group, claimed that over 150 defectors from the Islamic State (IS) had entered territory held by opposition groups, and called for a larger and more organized embrace of such fighters.
- Nusra Front Claims Attacking a Regime Checkpoint in Western Qalamoun
Nusra Front (NF), al-Qaeda’s branch in Syria, claimed a surprise attack on a regime checkpoint in Western Qalamoun, which resulted in an unidentified number of casualties in the enemy forces and the capturing of 14 Syrian soldiers.
- IS Video Focuses on Structure of the "Caliphate," Provinces and Committees Inside and Outside Iraq and Syria
The Islamic State (IS) released a video focusing on the structure of its "Caliphate" and reviewing the work of its provinces and committees inside and outside Iraq and Syria.
- IS al-Bayan Provincial News Recaps for July 5, 2016
From the Islamic State (IS) English edition of its al-Bayan provincial news bulletins covering July 5, recaps included operations in Syria and Iraq.
- Nusra Front Claims Suicide Bombing in Leiramoun, Recapturing Parts of Region
Nusra Front (NF), al-Qaeda’s branch in Syria, claimed recapturing part of Leiramon in Aleppo following a suicide bombing carried out by a wheelchair-bound Saudi fighter.
- Bangladeshi IS Fighters in Raqqah Commend Gulshan Attackers in Video, Threaten More Operations to Come
Bangladeshi Islamic State (IS) fighters in ar-Raqqah, Syria, commended the executors of the deadly attack at the Holey Artisan Bakery cafe in the Gulshan area of Dhaka, and threatened more operations to come.
- Jihadists React to Medina Blast on Social Media
Jihadists on social media commented on a reported suicide bombing on the Prophet's Mosque in Medina.
- Zawahiri Addresses Uyghur Muslims in Ninth Episode of “Islamic Spring”
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri addressed Muslims in the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region of northwestern China in the ninth episode of his “Islamic Spring” series, promoting their cause and urging them to have patience amidst the “long battle” with the “atheist Chinese occupiers”.