- Rebel Groups Announce Merger in the Countryside of Aleppo
Rebel groups operating in the northern countryside of Aleppo announced a merger with Ahrar al-Sham Islamic Movement and Noor al-Dine al-Zanki in an attempt to fight the regime, its allies, and the Islamic State (IS) as a unified force, and to help lift the siege of Aleppo.
- Ahrar al-Sham and Levantine Front Announce Forming Conflict Resolution Committee in Joint Statement
Ahrar al-Sham and Levantine Front announced the formation of a committee appointed to resolve the disparities between the two parties in Azaz, in Northern Aleppo.
- Muhaysini Condemns U.S. Treasury Designation, Organizes Civilians to Defend Him in Video
Abdullah al-Muhaysini, a prominent Saudi cleric and jihadist figure in Syria, condemned the designation of him as terrorist by the U.S. Treasury Department, and organized civilians to defend him and echo his denunciation in a video.
- Following Trump’s Announcement for a Muslim Registry in U.S., a German Jihadist in Syria Calls for Migration to Muslim Lands
Following U.S. President-elect Donald Trump’s announcement that he intends to have all Muslims in the country on a registry, a German-speaking jihadist in Syria called for migration to Muslim lands, stating, “you should not wait until the worst occurs.”
- Prominent Jihadi Cleric Calls Trump’s Election “First Step toward Victory” for Sunnis
Abdullah al-Muhaysini, a prominent Saudi cleric and jihadist figure in Syria, commented on Donald Trump’s election as president of the United States, claiming it would be the “first step toward victory” for Sunni Muslims.
- JFS Claims Control of Points in Western Ghouta, Confrontations with Regime and Allied Forces in Aleppo, Qalamoun
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) claimed seizing various points in Khan al-Sheeh Farms, in Western Ghouta, and confrontations with the regime and pro-regime forces in Aleppo and Qalamoun.
- Ahrar al-Sham Releases Training Footage from Fateh al-Ghouta Camp, Infantry in Homs
Ahrar al-Sham Islamic Movement released training footage from its military camp of Fateh al-Ghouta and its infantry units in Homs.
- IS Releases Photos and Video of Destroyed Russian Helicopter in Homs
After the Islamic State’s (IS) ‘Amaq News Agency reported that fighters struck and destroyed a Russian attack helicopter with a guided missile in the Huwaysis area of Homs, Syria, the group released photos and a video of the incident.
- 'Amaq Reports IS Destroying Russian Attack Helicopter with Guided Missile in Homs
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported that fighters destroyed a Russian attack helicopter in Homs governorate of Syria.
- Alleged North African Fighters Publish First Issue of "Al-Huda Magazine"
A group purporting to consist of "some of the most distinguished of the mujahideen of the Islamic Maghreb" published the first issue of a magazine called "Al-Huda" (Guidance), concerning global jihad and that in North Africa in particular.
- "Jund al-Shariah" in Idlib Joins Jabhat Fateh al-Sham
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) announced that a group called "Jund al-Shariah" has joined it and merged into its ranks.
- IS Video Claims Identifying NSyA Soldiers, Shows Execution of Spies, One by Heavy Machinegun
Furat Province of the Islamic State (IS) in western Iraq released a video regarding the New Syrian Army (NSyA) and claiming to have a list of its soldiers, and showing the brutal execution of three men who provided information to the NSYA, one by a heavy machinegun.
- JFS Claims Capturing Villages in Aleppo, Start of New Battle near Daraa
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) claimed gaining control of multiple villages in Aleppo, attacking the regime forces on Itheria-Khanasir road, and the start of a new battle in the western countryside of Daraa.
- JFS Claims Two Suicide Operations at Start of New Battle for Aleppo
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) claimed two suicide operations on Syrian regime and allied forces amid opposition forces’ unfolding battle for Aleppo.
- AQAP Official Batarfi Portrays Battles in Iraq, Syria, and Yemen as "Crusader-Safavid" Plot Against Sunnis
Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) released an audio speech from a group official, Khalid bin Umar Batarfi, portraying the battles in Iraq, Syria, and Yemen, and Mosul in particular, as a "Crusader-Safavid" plot against Sunnis.
- Syrian Rebel Groups Give Eulogy for Suqoor al-Shimal Commander
Syrian rebel factions, including Faylaq al-Sham, Jaish al-Nasr, and the Levantine Front, released statements eulogizing Suqoor al-Shimal military commander Ahmad Khayriyah, who was killed in the northern countryside of Aleppo in battles against the Islamic State (IS).
- JFS Claims Clashes with Regime in Aleppo, with IS in Qalamoun
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) claimed causing many casualties in clashes with the pro-regime militia forces in Aleppo, and with the Islamic State (IS) in Qalamoun.
- Video by IS Media Affiliate Focuses on Local-Migrant Relations in Iraq and Syria
The Islamic State (IS)-affiliated Furat Media released a video on local populations’ embrace of migrant IS fighters and families in Iraq and Syria.
- IS Claims Immersive Suicide Operation on YPG Forces Southwest of Manbij
The Islamic State’s (IS) Aleppo Province claimed killing approximately 20 from People’s Protection Units (YPG) forces in an immersive suicide operation in two villages southwest of Manbij.
- JFS Releases Sniping Video from Aleppo, Reports from Various Provinces
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) reported from fronts in Latakkia, Damascus, Aleppo, and Homs, and released a video showing the group’s sniping operations against the Syrian regime and pro-regime militia forces in the countryside of Aleppo.
- IS Claims Downing U.S. Warplane in Southern Hasakah
‘Amaq News Agency of the Islamic State (IS) reported the downing of an American A-10 warplane west of Markadah in southern Hasakah, Syria.
- Ahrar al-Sham Video Shows Training Footage from its Fateh al-Ghouta Camp
Ahrar al-Sham Islamic Movement released a video showing the training of its graduates from the “Lions of War” course at the group’s Fateh al-Ghouta Camp.
- Spokesman for Jihadi Media Group Explains its Aims, Calls Muslims to Syria
The “Fighting Journalists” jihadi media group released a statement by its spokesman, describing the group’s aims and calling Muslims to Syria.
- British Jihadi Fighter Calls War in Syria “Five-Star Jihad,” Urges Patience Despite Hardships
A jihadi media group disseminated an article by a British fighter in Syria urging migrants to be patient despite hardships, asserting “victory will take time.”
- Australian JFS Official Mostafa Mahamed Announces Resignation from Group
Mostafa Mahamed (AKA Abu Sulayman al-Muhajir), an Australian cleric and prominent Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) member in Syria, announced his resignation from the group.
- Ahrar al-Sham Releases Photo Report of Graduates from Training Camp in Homs
Ahrar al-Sham Islamic Movement released a photo report showing the first graduates of its “Reserve Power” camp in Homs.
- Groups in Jama’at al-Murabiteen Announce Pledge to Jabhat Fateh al-Sham
The four groups that compromise Jama’at al-Murabiteen announced their “total integration and pledge of allegiance to Jabhat Fateh al-Sham.”
- Faylaq al-Sham Claims Killing 6 Russian Officers in Hama, Threatens Greater Violence
Faylaq al-Sham claimed killing six Russian officers and several Iranian and Syrian officers in Hama, Syria after having “tracked and monitored” them for more than three months.
- IS Kills 45, Destroys Three Tanks While Repelling Regime Forces in Homs
The Islamic State (IS) claimed killing nearly 45 while repelling an attempted advance from regime forces and allied militias in the Huwaysis area of Homs, located northwest of Tadmur (Palmyra).
- Ahrar al-Sham Commander Reflects upon Dismantling of Jund al-Aqsa in Video Speech
Ahrar al-Sham Islamic Movement released a video of the group’s leader Muhannad al-Masri giving a speech on the dissolution of Jund al-Aqsa.
- ‘Amaq Video Shows JFS Defector Describing Group’s “Apostasy”
The Islamic State’s (IS) ‘Amaq News Agency released a video showing an alleged Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) defector who turned himself into IS in Damascus.
- JFS Official Calls Jund al-Aqsa Dissolve “Well Overdue”
Mostafa Mahamed (AKA Abu Sulayman al-Muhajir), an Australian cleric and prominent Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) member in Syria, called the recent dissolve of Syrian jihadi group Jund al-Aqsa “overdue.”
- Rebels Launch Ashoura Battles Against Shiite Militia, Advance on al-Akrad Mountains
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham, Ahrar al-Sham Islamic Movement, Faylaq al-Sham, Turkistan Islamic Party (TIP), and other Syrian rebel factions announced the launch of operation al-Ashoura in Mount al-Akrad in the countryside of Latakkia, and claimed “liberating” various villages from the Syrian regime.
- Pro-IS German Channel Labels Harry Sarfo an “Apostate” and “Traitor," Calls for His Death
A pro-Islamic State (IS) German-language Telegram channel called for the death of former IS militant, Harry Sarfo, for making “a deal with the crusaders,” labeling him an “apostate” and “traitor.”
- Jihadist Telegram Channels Request Translators for French, Chinese, and Other Languages
Jihadist Telegram channels announced available translator roles for French, Chinese, Russian, Bengali, and other languages.
- Jihadists Celebrate Jund al-Aqsa’s Pledge to JFS, Discuss Discord of Syrian Rebel Groups
Following the announcement that Jund al-Aqsa would dissolve and join Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS), jihadists and Syrian opposition supporters on social media expressed differing opinions on the development.
- IS Announces Death of Central Media Department Leader
The Islamic State (IS) announced the death of Abu Muhammad al-Furqan, the leader of its Central Media Department, and expressed defiance, declaring that their work will continue.
- Jund al-Aqsa Dissolves, Pledges to Jabhat Fateh al-Sham
Following the ongoing tension between Jund al-Aqsa and Ahrar al-Sham, Jund al-Aqsa announced dissolving its ranks and joining Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) in order to “help those who are allied to it in continuing jihad” in Syria.
- Rebel Groups in Syria Stand with Ahrar al-Sham Against Jund al-Aqsa
Faylaq al-Sham, Jaish al-Islam, the Nuruddin al-Zinki Movement, and thirteen other rebel groups in Syria declared standing in support of the Ahrar al-Sham Islamic Movement “militarily, security-wise, and morally” following the group’s accusation that Jund al-Aqsa has ties to the Islamic State (IS).
- JFS Official Mourns Shura Council Leader Killed in U.S. Airstrike, Threatens Revenge
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) official Abu Abdullah al-Shami mourned Abu Faraj al-Masri, an Egyptian veteran of jihad and member of its Shura Council, who was killed in a U.S. airstrike in Idlib, and threatened revenge.
- Ahrar al-Sham Accuses Jund al-Aqsa of Ties to IS and Jund al-Aqsa Rebuts, Both Groups Escalate Conflict
As the conflict between the two Syrian militant factions escalate, the Ahrar al-Sham Islamic Movement accused Jund al-Aqsa of ties to the Islamic State (IS), among other charges, and Jund al-Aqsa rejected the claim and threatened action.
- Prominent Jihadi Cleric Demands Medical, Financial Assistance from Muslims of Various Professions
Abdullah al-Muhaysini, a prominent Saudi cleric and jihadist figure in Syria, called for financial, medical, and other forms of aid to fighters in the country.
- Pro-AQ Media Group: Fighters Leave JFS Because of Salary Issues, Lack of AQ Figures in Leadership
A pro-jihadist Telegram channel listed “reasons why many Mujahideen” leave Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS), claiming issues with salaries and a lack of al-Qaeda (AQ) figures within its leadership.
- IS Claims Killing 35 in Idlib Suicide Bombing Including Ahrar al-Sham Field Commander
The Islamic State (IS) claimed killing 35 people including an Ahrar al-Sham field commander in a suicide bombing in Syria's Idlib governorate.
- JFS Video Shows Military Training of Youth in Aleppo
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) released a video of a training camp in Aleppo which was established following the regime’s siege of the city.
- ‘Amaq Video Shows Fuel Drums Mistakenly Dropped by Russian Aircraft in IS-Held Territory
‘Amaq News Agency of the Islamic State (IS) released a video showing fuel drums that it said were meant for the Syrian army, but Russian aircraft mistakenly dropped them in IS-held territory in Deir al-Zour, Syria.
- Message Attributed to Purported British IS Member Claims Group is Keeping its Members “Captive”
A purported British Islamic State (IS) “member” in Raqqah described extreme security and spying measures by the group, claiming it is “keeping brothers and sisters captive when they have decided to leave.”
- IS Claims Single Suicide Attacker Killed 40, Wounded 100 PKK in al-Hasakah
Al-Barakah Province, the division of the Islamic State (IS) for al-Hasakah, Syria, claimed that a single suicide attacker killed 40 PKK fighters and wounded nearly 100 others.
- IS Claims Triple Suicide Operation in Two Locations within Hama City
The Islamic State (IS) claimed a triple suicide operation in two different locations within Hama, Syria, resulting in “tens” killed and wounded.
- IS Supporters Claim Group’s Currency in Circulation for “Months Already,” Now Used for Monthly Stipends
Pro-Islamic State (IS) social media accounts circulated updates on the group’s self-minted “Dirham” and “Dinar” coins, claiming that they have been in circulation for “months” and are now being used to pay stipends.
- JFS Confirms Death of Abu Faraj al-Masri in Coalition Airstrike in Idlib Countryside
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) confirmed the death of Abu Faraj al-Masri, an Egyptian member of the Shura Council, claiming that he was killed in a drone attack by the U.S.-led coalition airstrikes in the western countryside of Idlib.
- Pro-IS Telegram Channel Names "Apostates" to be Killed in “Germany and All Over the World”
A pro-Islamic State (IS) German-language Telegram channel posted and forwarded several incitements to kill specific “apostates,” naming journalists, “spies,” and Muslim preachers, including German Islamic preacher, Pierre Vogel.
- Chechen Commander in Al Muhajirun Video Stresses Importance of Scholars in Battlefield for Uniting Ranks
Al Muhajirun, a group promoting itself as the “representative face” of foreign fighters from various jihadi factions in Syria, released a video from Muslim al-Shishani, commander of the Junud al-Sham Battalion in Syria, stressing the importance of scholars in the jihadi battlefield for uniting ranks.
- JFS, Ahrar al-Sham, Other Rebel Groups Claim Control of Various Points in Northern Countryside of Hama
Syrian rebel groups claimed capturing several villages and checkpoints in the northern countryside of Hama following clashes with the regime forces as part of Marwan Haded Battles.
- Burial Footage of NF Sniper Trainer Abu Yusuf Turki Released on 2nd Anniversary of His Death
The burial footage of the Turkish Nusra Front (NF) sniper and trainer Abu Yusuf Turki was released on the second anniversary of his death in Syria, a result of U.S. and coalition airstrikes.
- JFS Claims Freeing German Journalist and Her Baby from Captors
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) claimed that it freed German journalist Janina Findeisen and her baby from her captors in Syria.
- JFS Claims Capturing 4 Villages in Northern Countryside of Hama
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) claimed capturing four villages in the northern countryside of Hama after clashes with the Syrian regime and the pro-regime militia forces.
- Syrian Rebel Group Officially Joins Jaish al-Fateh
The Syrian rebel group, Harakat Nour al-Din al-Zenki, announced its official merger with the Jaish al-Fateh rebel coalition.
- Jihadi Media Group Narrates Syrian Fighter’s Return to Country from Holland
A jihadi media group provided a brief narration of an alleged Syrian fighter’s migration from Syria to Holland, and then back to Syria to “join the ranks of the Mujahideen.”
- ‘Amaq Video Shows Alleged American UAV Downed in Hasakah
The Islamic State’s (IS) ‘Amaq News Agency released a video showing what it claimed to be a U.S. unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) downed in Syria.
- ‘Amaq Infographic Details IS Suicide Operation on “Major Syrian Opposition Leaders” in Daraa
The Islamic State’s (IS) ‘Amaq News Agency released an English infographic detailing a recent suicide operation on “major Syrian opposition leaders” in the Daraa village of Inkhil.
- ‘Amaq Video Shows IS Graduate Fighters Parading in Streets of Albu Kamal
'Amaq News Agency of the Islamic State (IS) released a video showing a large group of graduates from an IS training camp parading in the streets of Albu Kamal.
- Woman under IS Describes Days Leading up to Her Husband’s Suicide Operation
A prominent migrant IS resident and recruiter in Syria detailed months spent with her husband, an IS fighter and recruiter by the alias “Abu Layth Tamimi,” leading up to his alleged suicide operation.
- IS Claims Killing “Top” Rebel Leaders Suicide Operation in Daraa
The Islamic State (IS) claimed killing “top leaders” with rebel forces in a suicide operation in Syria’s Darra governorate.
- Three Syrian Rebel Groups Announce Formation of “Free Idlib Army”
The Syrian rebel groups Division 13, Northern Division and Suqoor al-Jabal [Mountain Hawks] Brigade announced merger and formation of the Free Idlib Army which will operate in Idlib, Hama, Latakkia, and Aleppo.
- Jund al-Aqsa Claim Recapturing al-Iskandariyah, Killing Dozens of Regime Forces in Northern Hama
Jund al-Aqsa claimed recapturing al-Iskandariyah in the northern countryside of Hama as part of Marwad Haded battles, and killing “dozens” of regime soldiers.
- JFS Video Criticizes Ceasefire, Calls U.S. Stance against Assad “Lies and Deception”
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) released a video detailing tenants of the U.S.-Russia-brokered ceasefire deal for Syria, calling Russia “the cause of all hostilities” and characterizing America’s stated opposition to Assad as hollow.
- Jihadi in Syria Offers Alternative Methods for Non-Migrants to Assist Fighters
A jihadi fighter Syria solicited private conversations to discuss “different ways” non-migrants can help jihadi efforts in the country.
- Migrant Fighters in Syria Establish “Fursan al-Sham Media” on Facebook, Twitter, and Telegram
Migrant fighters in Syria established a media group to provide news updates and publish content pertaining to other fighters’ migrations and daily lives.
- Jund al-Aqsa Condemn Ceasefire, Promise Destruction of Syrian Regime
Jund al-Aqsa released a video from the northern countryside of Hama to denounce the U.S.-Russia-led ceasefire, and promised to defeat and “destroy” the Syrian regime. The one-minute, 55-second video was shared via Telegram channels on September 20, 2016.
- IS Executes Captive U.S.- and Turkey-Backed Rebel Faction Element with Faction’s American Machine Gun
Aleppo Province of the Islamic State (IS) released a video of executing a captive element from a U.S.- and Turkey-backed rebel faction with an American machine gun.
- Jabhat Fateh al-Sham Leader Discusses Ceasefire Deal in al-Jazeera Interview
Abu Muhammad al-Julani, the leader of Jabhat Fateh al-Sham, formerly the Nusra Front, discussed the recent U.S.-Russian led ceasefire deal, previously proposed truces, the role of all involved parties, and the stance of the other Syrian rebel factions and people towards such proposals in an interview held by al-Jazeera.
- Scholar in Al Muhajirun Video Calls on Factions to Unite or Collaborate, Urges Colleagues Come to Syria Rather than Tweet from Afar
Al Muhajirun, a group promoting itself as the “representative face” of foreign fighters from various jihadi factions in Syria, released a video from scholar calling on rebel factions to unite or at least collaborate, and urging his colleagues to come to Syria rather than tweet their messages from afar.
- IS Claims Killing and Wounding “Nearly 60” from U.S.-Backed Rebel Forces in Aleppo
The Islamic State’s (IS) Aleppo provincial division in Syria claimed killing and wounding nearly 60 from U.S.-backed rebel forces amid ongoing clashes in the governorate.
- JFS Video Features Restoration of Tal-Hadiyah Following Temporary Displacement of its Residents
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham released a video showing the restoration activities in Tal-Hadiyah, south of Aleppo, following the temporary displacement of its residents which was caused by a potential takeover by the regime forces.
- Jund al-Aqsa Claims Suicide Bombing, Capturing Village in Northern Hama
Jund al-Aqsa claimed capturing Kawkab village in the northern countryside of Hama, following a suicide bombing carried out by a Kuwaiti fighter.
- Syrian Rebel Groups Rebuke U.S.-Russia Ceasefire Deal in Syria
Following the announcement of the U.S.-Russia brokered nationwide ceasefire agreement in Syria, Syrian rebel factions released a joint statement condemning the exclusion of Jabhat Fateh al-Sham in the truce, however agreeing to let in and protect the humanitarian aid in the besieged areas.
- ‘Amaq Video Shows Children Enjoying Eid al-Adha Festivities in IS-held Raqqah
‘Amaq News Agency of the Islamic State (IS) released a video showing children enjoying amusements during Eid al-Adha festivities in IS-held Raqqah city.
- IS Mocks Foreign Intelligence Agencies, Executes Spies in Scene Reminiscent of a Slaughterhouse in Sickening Video
Al-Khayr Province, the division of the Islamic State (IS) for Deir al-Zour, Syria, released a grisly and sickening video in which fighters execute spies in a scene reminiscent of a slaughterhouse.
- JFS Launch “Operation Qadisiyya of the South” Against Regime, Claim Defeating IS in Eastern Qalamoun
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham announced the start of “Operation Qadisiyya of the South” to target the military positions of the regime forces in the northern countryside of Quneitra, and claimed killing an entire group of Islamic State (IS) fighters on Petra Mountains in Eastern Qalamoun.
- JFS Official Condemns U.S.-Russia-Brokered Ceasefire Deal: “No Honorable Group” Would Agree
Abu Sulayman al-Muhajir (AKA Mostafa Mahamed), an Australian cleric and Director of Foreign Media Relations with Jabhat Fateh al-Sham, condemned the U.S.-Russia-brokered ceasefire deal set to take effect on September 12, 2016.
- Jihadi Media Group Rereleases NF Video, Features Chant by Maldivian Suicide Bomber Calling Jihad “Obligatory”
Bilad al-Sham Media, a Jabhat Fateh al-Sham-associated media group dedicated to Maldivians fighting in Syria, rereleased a Nusra Front (NF) video memorializing a Maldivian suicide-bomber and featuring a chant in which he calls fighting “obligatory.”
- Jabhat Fateh al-Sham Releases Statement on the Death of Commander, Accuses US of “Alliance” with Russia
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham released a statement, in English, regarding the recent death of their General Commander, Abu Umar Saraqib, accusing the US of aiding Russia in weakening “the forces fighting the Assad regime.”
- Jabhat Fateh al-Sham and TIP Division in Syria Eulogize Military Commander Killed in Airstrike
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham issued a eulogy for one of its commanders, Abu Umar Saraqib, who was killed in an airstrike at the military operations room of the Jaish al-Fateh rebel coalition in Aleppo, Syria.
- IS-linked Army of Khalid bin al-Walid Releases Video on Operations in Yarmouk Basin (Southern Syria)
The Army of Khalid bin al-Walid, a group linked to the Islamic State (IS) in southern Syria, released a video on its operations in the Yarmouk Basin against Southern Front rebels, claiming these rebels operate under what it called a U.S.-run Military Operations Center.
- Jabhat Fateh al-Sham Infographic Claims 14 Suicide Bombings in 100 Days in Syria
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham published an infographic on suicide operations by the group’s fighters, identifying 14 attacks carried out in 100 days.
- German Jihadist in Syria Recruits “Single Sisters,” Provides Contact Information
A German speaking jihadist living in Syria called on “single sisters” to migrate to the country, detailing options and expectations, and providing an email address for further questions.
- Jaish al-Islam Claims Clashes with IS and Regime in Rif Dimashq
Jaish al-Islam claimed battles against the Islamic State (IS) in Mount an-Naqb and confrontations with the Syrian regime forces near Ramousah in Rif Dimashq [Damascus countryside].
- Jabhat Fateh al-Sham Reports Encounters with Regime in Southern Aleppo
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham claimed clashes against the Syrian regime forces in the southern countryside of Aleppo.
- Jabhat Fateh al-Sham Video Focuses on Success in Battle of Aleppo
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham released a video documenting the battles against the Syrian regime under the campaign, “Lifting the Siege of Aleppo.”
- Pro-AQIS Media Group Issues New Bengali Magazine “Al-Balagh,” Calls on Youth to Join, Discusses AQ “Strategy” for Syria
Titumir Media, a pro-al-Qaeda in the Indian Subcontinent (AQIS) jihadi media outlet, released the first issue of its Bengali-language magazine “Al-Balagh,” calling on Muslim youth to “join the caravan,” threatening the U.S., and including an article about al-Qaeda’s (AQ) “strategy” for Syria.
- Children Express Desire for Martyrdom in IS Video Comparing Education in "Caliphate" to Arab Countries
Two children expressed a desire for martyrdom, one hoping to follow the path of his suicide bomber brother, in a video from the Islamic State (IS) comparing education in its "Caliphate" with that in Arab countries.
- IS' 'Amaq Video Shows Guided Rocket Attack on Turkish Tanks in Aleppo
'Amaq News Agency of the Islamic State (IS) released a video showing a scene from the guided rocket attack by IS fighters on Turkish tanks south of the town of al-Ra'ee in Aleppo, Syria.
- IS Claims Two Attacks on Turkish Forces Since Start of Turkey's Operation Euphrates Shield
Aleppo Province of the Islamic State (IS) claimed two attacks on Turkish forces since Turkey began its "Operation Euphrates Shield" in northern Syria on August 24, 2016, and allegedly inflicted casualties in each.
- Palestinian Fighters Give Eulogy for IS Spokesman in al-Nusra al-Maqdisiyya Video
The pro-Islamic State (IS) al-Nusra al-Maqdissiya Media released video featuring Palestinian fighters eulogizing IS spokesman Abu Muhammad al-'Adnani and rallying IS fighters and supporters.
- IS Claims Three Suicide Bombings Killing, Wounding Dozens in Latakia
In its second communique since its creation in May 2016, al-Sahel Province of the Islamic State (IS) in Syria, claimed credit for three suicide bombings on Syrian army and security positions in Latakia, killing and wounding dozens.
- Telegram Channel: IS Supporters Should “Go Back to Twitter” to Counter Condemnations of ‘Adnani
A pro-Islamic State (IS) Telegram channel requested that IS supporters counter condemnations of IS spokesman ‘Abu Muhammad al-‘Adnani following his reported death on August 30, 2016.
- Pro-IS Group Incites in Video for Muslims to Avenge Child Victims of Coalition Airstrikes, Heed ‘Adnani’s Call to Lone Wolves
The pro-Islamic State (IS) Granddaughters of 'Aisha Foundation released a video inciting Muslims in the West to heed the call of IS spokesman Abu Muhammad al-‘Adnani in the wake of his death, and to avenge the child victims of coalition airstrikes.
- Jihadi Fighter Killed After “Very Easy” Migration from Wales to Syria
An alleged jihadi fighter in Syria announced that a fighter, purportedly having migrated to Syria from Wales, died in Aleppo.
- Pro-IS Group Publishes Posters Threatening West, Inciting Lone-Wolves to Avenge 'Adnani Killing
The pro-Islamic State (IS) Nashir Foundation published posters inciting lone-wolves to avenge the killing of IS spokesman Abu Muhammad al-'Adnani and threatening the West.