- Pro-AQ Hurras al-Deen Decries Sochi Agreement, Calls for Support with Men and Money to Syrian Jihad
The Syria-based al-Qaeda (AQ)-aligned Hurras al-Deen decried the Sochi agreement between Russia and Turkey and called on Muslims to support the Syrian Jihad with men and money.
- IS Identifies Swedish Boy as Slain Media Operative in Raqqah
The Islamic State’s (IS) Raqqah Province in Syria identified a Swedish boy as a slain media operative.
- IS Claims Suicide Bombing by Swedish Fighter on “PKK Apostates” South of Raqqah
The Islamic State (IS) claimed killing 11 “PKK apostates” in a suicide bombing by a Swedish fighter south of Raqqah.
- Pro-IS Telegram Channel Calls for Lone Wolves to “Hunt Your Prey” in U.K.
A pro-Islamic State (IS) Telegram channel made an implied call for lone wolves to carry out attacks in the United Kingdom, providing publicly available information regarding U.K. government bodies and officials.
- IS Reports Sweden Shi’ite Center Fire Started by One of its “Soldiers” in Naba 51
The Islamic State (IS) reported that an October 11, 2016 fire at a Shi’ite center in Malmo, Sweden was started “by one of the soldiers of the Islamic State” in issue 51 of the group’s al-Naba newspaper.
- Telegram Channels Seeks Anti-IS Evidence for Arrested Swedish “Brothers”
A Syria-focused Telegram channel requested evidence to clear two Swedish Muslims suspected of attempting to join the Islamic State (IS), following their January 2016 arrest in Greece.
- Fath Halab Operations Room Launch Offensive in North of Aleppo, Claim Killing Dozens of Regime Forces
Syrian rebel groups within the Fath Halab Operations Room claimed attacking the regime forces in multiple areas in the countryside of Aleppo, and killing “dozens” of pro-regime soldiers during the ongoing clashes.
- Afghan Taliban Condemns Raid on Swedish NGO-Run Hospital in Wardak
The Afghan Taliban condemned what it called a "US-led troops raid" on a Swedish NGO-run hospital in Wardak province, and described the enemy as "sadist".
- AQIM Releases Proof-of-Life Video of South Africa and Swedish Hostages, Cautions Against Using France as Mediator
Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghrab (AQIM) released a proof-of-life video of two hostages, Stephen McGowan of South Africa and Johan Gustofsson of Sweden, and indicated that they will continue to hold them prisoner until their demands are met.
- AQIM to Release Video Featuring South African and Swedish Hostages
Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghrab (AQIM) announced a forthcoming video featuring hostages Stephen McGowan of South Africa and Johan Gustofsson of Sweden.
- Jihadist Gives Purported Home Addresses of “Wanted” Individuals in Sweden: Activist, Cartoonist, and Diplomat
A jihadist gave the purported home addresses of "wanted" individuals in Sweden including Swedish diplomat Rolf Ekéus, cartoonist Lars Vilks, and female activist Aliaa Elmahdy, and noted that Sweden is participating in the U.S.-led coalition against the Islamic State (IS).
- ANI Reports on AQIM Video of European, South African Hostages
The Mauritanian news organization Nouakchott News Agency (ANI) reported on a video it received from al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) showing seven Dutch, French, Swedish and South African hostages the group kidnapped in Mali in September 2010 and Mali in November 2012.
- AQIM Says European Hostages Safe, Announces Forthcoming Video
Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) announced that the eight European hostages it is holding are safe and that a video of them is forthcoming.
- Syrian Jihadist Group Releases Video on Slain Swedish Fighter
The Syria-based al-Muhajireen Brigade (Emigrants Brigade) released a video presenting the story of a slain Swedish fighter named Abu Kamal.