- IS-aligned Spanish Group Releases Incitement Video for Lone-Wolf Attacks During Christmas
An Islamic State (IS)-aligned Spanish group released an incitement video for lone-wolf attacks in America and Europe during Christmas.
- IS-aligned Group Releases Spanish-narrated Video Threatening Attacks in Barcelona
An Islamic State (IS)-aligned group released a Spanish-narrated video threatening attacks in Barcelona, using a montage of photos from the IS-claimed attack on Las Ramblas in August 2017 as a reminder.
- IS-linked Group Calls to Kill Spanish Police in Poster
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group called to kill Spanish police in a poster in English and Spanish.
- IS-linked Group Depicts Spanish Prime Minister as IS Prisoner in Graphi
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group depicted Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy as an IS prisoner in a graphic.
- IS-linked Group Threatens Spain in Poster Featuring Sagrada Família Church in Barcelona
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group threatened Spain in a poster featuring the Sagrada Família church in Barcelona.
- IS Supporter Depicts Beheading of Ronaldo, Threatens “We Meet at Luzhniki Stadium”
An Islamic State (IS) supporter distributed a poster depicting the beheading of Real Madrid star and Portugal national team player Cristiano Ronaldo, and a threat that “we meet at Luzhniki Stadium”.
- Pro-IS Media Group Wafa’ Next Uses Real Madrid’s Marco Asensio to Threaten 2018 FIFA World Cup
The pro-Islamic State (IS) Wafa’ Media Foundation published a poster threatening the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia, this time using Real Madrid’s Marco Asensio.
- Pro-IS Media Group Uses FC Barcelona Star Lionel Messi on Poster Threatening 2018 FIFA World Cup
Amidst its propaganda campaign threatening the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia, the pro-Islamic State (IS) Wafa’ Media Foundation used FC Barcelona star Lionel Messi on a poster.
- “Knights of Lone Jihad” Part 5 to Muslims in Europe: Come to Marawi or Attack at Home, Suggests Causing Traffic Accidents
In the 5th part of the English-language “Knights of Lone Jihad” series, its authors addressed Muslims in France and Spain as well as Europe in general, urging them to come to Marawi to fight or to stay carry out attacks, suggesting methods of causing traffic accidents.
- After Proposing Beaches and Camp Nou in Spain as Targets, Pro-IS Telegram Channel Suggests Barcelona Metro, Plaça de Sant Jaume
After proposing multiple targets in Spain, with an emphasis on Barcelona, including beaches and Camp Nou, a pro-Islamic State (IS) Telegram channel suggested the Barcelona Metro, Plaça de Sant Jaume, and other locations as possible attack locations.
On August 24, 2017, the English-language “Lone Mujahid” channel posted a map of the Barcelona Metro, Plaça de Sant Jaume, locations of synagogues, and bars and clubs.
- After Spain, IS Threatens More Attacks on Coalition States in Naba 95
After the attacks in Barcelona and Cambrils, Spain, the Islamic State (IS) threatened additional strikes on states involved in the U.S.-led coalition against it and warned that they cannot be stopped.
- IS Releases Infographic for Spain Attacks in Naba 95, Counts 120 “Jews and Crusaders” Killed, Wounded
In the 95th issue of its al-Naba newspaper, the Islamic State (IS) published an infographic on the August 17, 2017 attacks in Spain, counting 120 killed and wounded.
- Spanish-Speaking IS Fighters Laud Barcelona Attackers in Video, Threaten More Operations
Two Spanish-speaking Islamic State (IS) fighters lauded the Barcelona attackers and threatened more operations in Spain in a video released from the IS’ al-Khayr Province (Deir al-Zour) in Syria.
- Pro-IS Group Publishes Second Message Threatening Spain, Calls Recent Attacks a "Simple Warning"
Emboldened by the Islamic State (IS)-claimed attacks in Spain, an IS supporter gave a second message to Spanish citizens, calling the operation in Barcelona and Cambrils a “simple warning” and threatening actions to come.
- IS Supporter Warns Spanish Citizens to Withdraw from Coalition and Release Muslim Prisoners or Face More Attacks
An Islamic State (IS) supporter using the name “Muhajir Cordoba” addressed a message to Spanish citizens, warning them to pressure their government to withdraw from the U.S.-led coalition and release Muslim prisoners, or face more attacks.
- IS Issues Formal Communique for Spain Attacks, Claims Killing and Wounding Over 120 “Crusaders” and Jews
After its ‘Amaq News Agency reported its responsibility for the attack in Barcelona, Spain, the Islamic State (IS) issued a formal communique for the operation there and in Cambrils, claiming the killing and wounding of more than 120 “Crusaders” and Jews.
- Pro-IS Nashir News Agency Calls for Vehicular Attacks in Wake of Barcelona
The pro-Islamic State (IS) Nashir News Agency called on group supporters to carry out vehicular attacks in the wake of the IS-claimed operation in Barcelona, Spain.
- IS Supporter Suggests Openly Discussing Potential Targets to Instill Fear in Enemy, Drain Financial Resources
An Islamic State (IS) supporter suggested openly discussing potential targets as a means to instill fear in the enemy, and gave the example of a Spanish football stadium.
- AQIM Memorializes Slain Commander Abu al-Noor al-Andalusi in Video
The Sahara division of al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) released a video memorializing Abu al-Noor al-Andalusi, a commander from the Spanish enclave of Melilla who was killed in a raid by French commandos in Mali in March 2016.
- AQIM Previews Forthcoming Video Eulogy for Slain Commander
Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) previewed a forthcoming video eulogy for Abu al-Noor al-Andalusi, a commander from the Spanish enclave of Melilla who was killed in a raid by French commandos in Mali in March 2016.
- Jihadist Telegram Channel Requests German, Spanish, Other Language Translators for Outreach
A jihadist Telegram channel requested assistance from German, Spanish, French, Dutch, and other language translators for outreach material.
- Pro-IS Media Group Calls on Muslims in U.S. and Europe to Rise Up, Carry Out Lone Wolf Attacks
Addressing Muslims in America and several European countries including Belgium, Denmark, France, Italy, and Spain, the pro-Islamic State (IS) al-Thabaat ("Constancy") Media Foundation urged they rise up and carry out lone wolf attacks against "disbelievers".
- Pro-IS Group Publishes Message Threatening Attacks in Spain, Inciting Lone Wolves to Kill Spanish Nationals
The pro-Islamic State (IS) Wafa' Media Foundation published a message threatening attacks in Spain more devastating than those in France, and inciting lone wolves to kill and kidnap Spanish nationals as revenge for historic crimes against Muslims.
- Pro-IS Group Publishes Message Threatening Citizens of Spain Ahead of General Election
The pro-Islamic State (IS) Wafa' Media Foundation published a message threatening citizens of Spain ahead of the general election on June 26, 2016.
- Pro-IS Group Publishes Message Threatening Spanish "Disbelievers"
The pro-Islamic State (IS) Wafa' Media Foundation published a message threatening Spanish "disbelievers" in Muslim lands and claiming that lone-wolves in Spanish-speaking countries will kill them as "previously planned".
- AQIM Fighters Threaten Italy and Spain, Incite Against France in Video Focusing on Activities in Mali
Fighters in the Sahara branch of al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) threatened Italy and Spain, and incited Malian Muslims against France, in a video focusing on the group’s activities in Mali.
- IS Supporters on Twitter Call for Attacks on Planned Prophet Cartoon Exhibitions
Islamic State (IS) supporters and residents on Twitter called for attacks on planned Prophet cartoon exhibitions in Copenhagen, Paris, Madrid, and London.
- IS Fighter in ar-Raqqah Rallies to “Pledge to the Death” in Video, States Desire to Create Province in Europe
An Islamic State (IS) fighter in the group’s ar-Raqqah province rallied colleagues to “pledge to the death,” and declared that the IS will create a province in Europe and seize al-Andalus (Muslim Spain).
- AQIM Distributes Jihadist's Threat to Catalonia Over Burqa Registry
Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) distributed via its "Muslim Africa" Twitter account a jihadist's threat to the Catalan regional government over its plan to create a registry of Muslim women who wear burqas.
- AQIM Reacts to Arrests in Ceuta of Suspected al-Qaeda Recruiters
The head of al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb’s (AQIM) al-Andalus Media Foundation, Abu Abdul Ilah Ahmed, criticized Spanish authorities and local media over the arrest of eight men in the Spanish enclave of Ceuta on charges of recruiting for jihad in Syria.
- Jihadists Threaten Spain for Participating in EU's Training Mission to Mali
Jihadists threatened Spain over its sending six troops to participate in the European Union's training mission to Mali, reminding the Spanish people of the 2004 Madrid attacks and Spain already being embroiled in domestic issues.
- Tawhid and Jihad in West Africa Releases Video of Freeing Hostages
A jihadist who in the past weeks has posted Mali-related reports and videos, distributed a video released by Tawhid and Jihad Group in West Africa showing its freeing Italian and Spanish hostages in Mali in July 2012.