- IS' West Africa Province Claims Bombing MJTF Vehicle in Diffa (Niger)
The Islamic State's West Africa Province (ISWAP) claimed bombing a vehicle belonging to the African Multinational Joint Task Force (MJTF) near Toumour village in Niger's Diffa region.
- 'Amaq Video Shows Armed Attack by IS Fighters on French Forces Near Mali-Niger Border
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency released a video of an armed attack by fighters on what it described as French forces, near the Mali-Niger border.
- IS' West Africa Province Claims Killing Spies in Niger and Nigeria, Attack on "Crusader" in Lake Chad Area
In both Niger and Nigeria, the Islamic State's West Africa Province (ISWAP) claimed killing spies, one working for the Nigerian army, and the other, the Multinational Joint Task Force (MJTF), and also attacking a "Crusader" in the Lake Chad area.
- IS Formally Claims Tongo Tongo Operation, Claims Kidnapping and Execution of Canadian in Burkina Faso
In Naba 175, the Islamic State (IS) presented a special report on operations by its fighters in the Sahel and West Africa, formally claiming credit for the Tongo Tongo ambush in in which 4 U.S.Special Forces were killed, and the kidnapping and execution of Canadian Kirk Goodman in Burkina Faso.
- IS' West Africa Province Claims Mortar Strikes in Borno (Nigeria), Publishes Photos of Rocket Attack on Diffa Airport (Niger)
The Islamic State's West Africa Province (ISWAP) claimed mortar strikes on Nigerian army positions in two towns in Borno, Nigeria, and published photos of its rocket attack on Diffa airport in Niger.
- IS Claims Killing 6 Russian Soldiers in Homs, Reports Previously-Undocumented Suicide Bombing in Niger in Naba 174 "Exclusives"
In an issue with multiple "exclusives," installment 174 in the Islamic State's (IS) al-Naba newspaper reported fighters killing six Russian soldiers in Homs, Syria, and a previously-undocumented suicide bombing in Niger.
- IS' West Africa Province Publishes Photos of Attack on Nigerien Military Positions in Diffa
The Islamic State's West Africa Province (ISWAP) published photos of its attack on Nigerien military positions in Toumour, a city in Niger's Diffa region.
- IS' West Africa Province Claims Rocket Strike on Diffa Airport in Niger
The Islamic State's West Africa Province (ISWAP) claimed a rocket strike on Diffa Airport in Niger.
- IS’ West Africa Province Claims Killing 30 in Diffa Region of Niger, Small-Scale Attacks in Nigeria
The Islamic State’s (IS) West Africa Province claimed killing 30 Nigerien soldiers, and wounding others, as the result of an armed assault in Diffa, Niger.
- IS’ West Africa Province Claims Attacks in Niger and Nigeria
The Islamic State’s West Africa Province (ISWAP) claimed responsibility for an attack on a barracks in Niger and an attack on vehicles of the Nigerian army near Lake Chad.
- Boko Haram Releases Video of Beheading "Apostates," Training, and Presenting War Spoils from Boboshe Raid; Shows Shekau Speech
The Nigeria-based Jama’at Ahl al-Sunnah Lil Dawa Wal Jihad, or "Boko Haram," released a video featuring a speech from its leader, Abu Bakr Shekau, and showing the beheading of "apostates," fighter training, and war spoils from a recent raid in Boboshe.
- IS' West Africa Province Publishes Photos of War Spoils from Attack in Niger
The Nigeria-based West Africa Province of the Islamic State (IS) published photos of war spoils its fighters seized following an attack across the border in Niger's Diffa region.
- IS' West Africa Province Gives Photo Report on Attack in Toumour (Niger)
The Nigeria-based West Africa Province, a division of the Islamic State (IS) comprised of former "Boko Haram" fighters, published a photo report on its January 18, 2018, attack on Nigerien soldiers in Toumour village in Niger's Diffa region.
- IS' West Africa Province Claims Killing 25 Nigerien Soldiers in Attack in Toumour
The Islamic State's (IS) West Africa Province claimed killing over 25 Nigerien soldiers in an attack on their positions in Toumour village in Niger's Diffa region.
- Al-Qaeda’s Mali Branch Claims Attack on Nigerien Soldiers in Midal
Al-Qaeda’s (AQ) branch in Mali, Nusrat al-Islam wal Muslimeen (NIM), claimed credit for the July 5, 2017, attack on Nigerien army barracks in Midal, in Niger, and published photos of the war spoils it captured.
- ‘Amaq Reports IS Fighters Killing 3 Nigerien Soldiers in Attack in Diffa
‘Amaq News Agency reported that Islamic State (IS) fighters killed three Nigerien soldiers in an attack on their position in southeastern Niger.
- IS’ West Africa Province Releases Video of Attack on Military Camp in Bosso (Niger)
West Africa Province, the division of the Islamic State (IS) formerly known as “Boko Haram,” released a video on its attack in early-June 2016 on a Nigerien and Nigerian military camp in Bosso.
- IS’ ‘Amaq Releases Video of War Spoils Captured by West Africa Province in Diffa (Niger)
‘Amaq News Agency of the Islamic State (IS) released a video of the war spoils captured by fighters in the group’s West Africa Province after attacking Nigerien army barracks in Diffa.
- IS’ West Africa Province Claims Attack on Military Barracks in Niger’s Diffa Region
West Africa Province, the division of the Islamic State (IS) formerly known as "Boko Haram," claimed an attack on Nigerien forces in the region of Diffa.
- IS’ ‘Amaq News Agency Shows Attack on Nigerien and Nigerian Forces in Bosso
'Amaq News Agency, a media division of the Islamic State (IS), released a video showing IS’ West Africa Province (formerly known as “Boko Haram”) attacking Nigerian and Nigerien Army forces in the border town of Bosso.
- IS' West Africa Province Claims Killing 35 Nigerien and Nigerian Soldiers in Attack on Base in Bosso
West Africa Province, the division of the Islamic State (IS) formerly known as "Boko Haram," claimed killing 35 soldiers and wounding nearly 70 from the Nigerien and Nigerian armies in an attack in the border town of Bosso.
- AQIM Claims Rocket Attack on Areva-Operated Mine in Niger
Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) claimed a rocket attack on a mining base operated by the French energy company Areva in Niger, and declared that "companies of the Crusader thieves" are legitimate targets.
- AQIM Releases Video of Swiss Captive Beatrice Stockly, Gives Demands for Release
The Sahara division of al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) released a proof-of-life video of Swiss captive Beatrice Stockly, and featuring an English-speaking fighters giving demands for her release.
- IS Infographic Claims 100+ Attacks by West Africa Province in Two-Month Period, 1000 Killed and Injured
The Islamic State (IS) published an infographic on operations in the last two months by West Africa Province, the IS division formerly known as Boko Haram, claiming more than 100 attacks and 1,000 killed and injured.
- Shariah Official in AQIM’s Sahara Branch Incites Muslims in North and West Africa for Jihad
The Sahara branch of al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) released an audio speech from Abu Abdul Rahman Ali al-Sanhaji, the group’s deputy Shariah judge, inciting Muslims in North and West Africa for jihad.
- Boko Haram Threatens Attacks in Chad, Moving War into Cities in Niger
The Nigeria-based jihadi group Jama’at Ahl al-Sunnah Lil Dawa wal Jihad, or what is known as “Boko Haram,” threatened attacks in Chad in retaliation for the coalition it gathered against it in Nigeria, and warned Niger that if it persists in its role in the coalition, then fighters will move the war to the “depths” of its cities.
- Belmoktar Unites al-Mulathameen with Tawhid and Jihad in West Africa
Moktar Belmoktar reportedly united his group, the al-Mulathameen Brigade, with another faction that split from al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM), Tawhid and Jihad Group in West Africa, and named the new organization "al-Murabitoon".
- Al-Mulathameen Brigade Claims Joint Raids with Tawhid and Jihad in Niger
The al-Mulathameen Brigade (Brigade of the Masked Ones), the al-Qaeda-linked group behind the January 2013 raid in In Amenas, Algeria, announced its participation in raids at a uranium mine and military base in Niger and confirmed the death of Abdel Hamid Abu Zeid.
- Jihadist Proposes Striking African Allies of France
Jihadists issued a call for the mujahideen to strike diplomatic targets associated with French allies, particularly African nations who provide military assistance to the country, and tourist targets in Dubai.
- AQIM Criticizes France's Alleged Negligence of Hostage Issue, Makes Threat
Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) criticized the French government for allegedly neglecting negotiations over its citizens who were kidnapped in Arlit, Niger, in September 2010, and threatened to kill them if France invades northern Mali.