- IS Photographs Italian National Killed Amidst Battles in Baghuz
The Islamic State (IS) photographed the body and identification cards of an Italian national it claimed to have killed amidst battles in the Syrian town of Baghuz.
- London, Paris, Rome, Sydney, and Washington Threatened in Poster Collection by IS-aligned Group
An Islamic State (IS)-aligned group published a collection of posters threatening and inciting for attacks in London, Paris, Rome, Sydney, and Washington D.C..
- Pro-IS Media Groups Warn America, France, and Italy of Attacks
Pro-Islamic State (IS) media groups warned America, France, and Italy of attacks, depicting, for example, the IS flag in Venice and the Eiffel Tower collapsed in Paris.
- Videos Released of Italian and Japanese Captives in Syria
Videos of an Italian man, Alessandro Sandrini, and a Japanese man, Yasuda Jumpei, were released in which they appealed for their release.
- Afghan Taliban Claims Killing 8 Italian Soldiers in Separate Rocket Strikes on Base in Farah
The Afghan Taliban claimed killing a total of eight Italian soldiers in two rockets attacks on an airbase in Farah province in western Afghanistan.
- IS Supporters Behead Santa Claus, Burn Vatican in Threatening Posters
Islamic State (IS) supporters published additional posters threatening holiday attacks, displaying a beheaded Santa Claus and St. Peter's Basilica ablaze.
- Using Image of Vatican, Pro-IS Wafa' Media Calls Lone Wolves to Prepare Attacks on "Crusaders"
Again using an image of the Papal Basilica of St. Peter in the Vatican, the pro-Islamic State (IS) Wafa' Media Foundation called on lone-wolf jihadists to prepare attacks for "Crusaders" for the upcoming Christmas holiday.
- Pro-IS Media Group Continues Threats to Vatican and Italy, FIFA World Cup
The pro-Islamic State (IS) Wafa' Media Foundation continued to threaten attacks on the Vatican and Italian landmarks as well as the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia, publishing posters about both targets.
- Pro-IS Media Group Depicts Christmas Attack on Vatican in Poster
The pro-Islamic State (IS) Wafa' Media Foundation published a poster depicting a vehicular attack on the Vatican on Christmas.
- Focusing on Italian Jihadists, Pro-IS Telegram Channel Incites for Lone-Wolf Attacks
After suggesting to lone wolves a target for vehicular attacks in Italy, a pro-Islamic State (IS) Telegram channel directed incitements to Italian jihadists, demanding they act.
- Pro-IS Telegram Channel Suggests Italy as Next Target of IS Attack
After the Islamic State (IS) claimed credit for the recent attacks in Spain and Russia, a pro-IS Telegram channel suggested Italy as its next target.
- IS' 'Amaq Releases Video of Berlin Attacker Pledging to Baghdadi, Desiring to Avenge Slain Muslims
After acknowledging the death of Berlin attacker Anis Amri in a shootout with Italian police in Milan, the Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency released a posthumous video of the man pledging to the group and declaring his desire to avenge Muslims slain in airstrikes.
- IS' 'Amaq News Agency Acknowledges Death of Berlin Attacker in Milan
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported that the executor of the vehicular attack in Berlin, Germany, was killed in a shootout with Italian police in Milan.
- Pro-IS Accounts Distribute Poem Calling for Indiscriminate Killing of Non-Muslims in the West
Pro-Islamic State (IS) social media accounts distributed a poem calling for Muslims to “respond to the call” of former IS spokesperson Abu Muhammad Al-‘Adnani and indiscriminately kill non-Muslims in the West.
- Pro-IS Telegram Channel Provides Regular Italian Translations of IS Media
The pro-Islamic State (IS) community on Telegram has begun promoting a channel which provides Italian translations of IS media.
- Pro-IS Jihadists Compare Earthquake in Italy to Coalition Bombings, Call it a “Punishment” from Allah
Following the August 24, 2016 earthquake in Italy, which killed at least 120 people, pro-Islamic State (IS) accounts on social media called the destruction a “familiar” sight, one deeming it a “punishment” from Allah due to the country’s involvement in coalition-airstrikes in Libya.
- Pro-IS Media Group Calls on Muslims in U.S. and Europe to Rise Up, Carry Out Lone Wolf Attacks
Addressing Muslims in America and several European countries including Belgium, Denmark, France, Italy, and Spain, the pro-Islamic State (IS) al-Thabaat ("Constancy") Media Foundation urged they rise up and carry out lone wolf attacks against "disbelievers".
- Zawahiri Speaks on Slain Hostages Weinstein and Lo Porto, Reiterates Call to Fighters to Kidnap for Prisoner Swaps
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri spoke on slain hostages Warren Weinstein and Giovanni Lo Porto in the third episode of his series "Take Up the Weapon of the Martyr," and reiterated his call to fighters to kidnap for prisoner swaps.
- AQIM Fighters Threaten Italy and Spain, Incite Against France in Video Focusing on Activities in Mali
Fighters in the Sahara branch of al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) threatened Italy and Spain, and incited Malian Muslims against France, in a video focusing on the group’s activities in Mali.
- IS Claims Killing Japanese National in Bangladesh, Threatens Additional Attacks
The Islamic State (IS) claimed credit for the shooting death of Japanese national Kunio Hoshi in the city of Rangpur in Bangladesh, just five days after claiming the killing of Italian national Cesare Tavella in the capital, Dhaka.
- IS Claims Killing of Italian National in Bangladesh
The Islamic Start (IS) claimed the killing of an Italian national, identified as Tavella Cesare, in the Bangladeshi capital city of Dhaka.
- IS Supporter Implies Desire for Attack on Pope in Europe amid Refugee Crisis
An Islamic State (IS) supporter on Twitter implied the desire for an attack on Pope Francis by other IS supporters hiding among refugees in Europe.
- Pro-IS al-Battar Media Calls on Lone Wolves to Kill Americans, Europeans in Video, Leaks Data from Alleged Hack
Al-Battar Media Foundation, a pro-Islamic State (IS) jihadi media group, released a video directed at lone wolf jihadists, calling on them to kill Americans and Europeans, and leaking data from an alleged hack of a UK website.
- Children in IS Training Camp Threaten in Video that IS Will Conquer Rome
Children in an Islamic State (IS) training camp in northern Iraq appeared in a video and threatened that the group will come to and conquer Rome.
- IS Fighter in Libya Claims Fighters will Enter Italy by Boat, Warns of Coming Attack on Westerners
An alleged Islamic State (IS) fighter in Libya called for lone wolf attacks from those not able to migrate to IS, and threatened that IS fighters look to enter Italy by boat.
- IS al-Bayan News Bulletin for July 12, 2015
The Islamic State (IS) released the English edition of its al-Bayan news bulletin for July 12, 2015, which included reports of suicide operations in Chad, Nigeria and Syria, and a car bombing near the Italian consulate in Cairo, Egypt.
- “Islamic State Hacking Division” Leaks Alleged Addresses of 10 Italian Army Officers
The “Islamic State Hacking Division” (ISHD) leaked the names, addresses, and phone numbers of 10 Italian army officers and, along with other jihadists, called on lone wolves in Italy to take action.
- IS Supporters Circulate Photos Threatening Italy, Other Nations
Supporters of the Islamic State (IS) on Twitter have been distributing images, most of which allegedly taken from inside Italy, threatening the country and others with lone wolf attacks.
- British IS Fighters Call for Lone Wolf Attacks, Specify Targets and Methods
Between April 4 and 6 of 2015, three alleged British Islamic State (IS) fighters and recruiters called for lone wolf attacks in Western countries while providing targets and methods of attack.
- Jihadist Warns Italy Not to Take Any “Foolish Step” Towards IS
A jihadist warned Italy not to take any "foolish step" towards the Islamic State (IS) by entering into war against it, suggesting that such a move "suffices to ignite the entire Mediterranean".
- IS Fighters and Supporters Persist with Threats to “Conquer Rome”
Fighters and supporters of the Islamic State (IS) on Twitter have persisted with a hashtag threatening Italy. Following the February 15, 2015 release of “A Message Signed with Blood to the Nation of the Cross, wherein IS fighters executed a line of Egyptian Christians, users began echoing the lead executor’s threat that IS will “will conquer Rome.”
- Jihadist Warns Italy Not to Enter War Against IS, Advises Potential Italian Lone Wolves
A jihadist warned Italy not to involve itself in the war against the Islamic State (IS) and thus avoid the Mediterranean Sea "being colored using the blood of [its] citizens".
- Afghan Taliban Reports Insider Attacks on Foreign Soldiers in Kabul, Paktia
The Afghan Taliban reported on two insider attacks, one by an Afghan policeman in Paktia, and the other by an Afghan soldier in Kabul, on American and Italian troops and military trainers.
- Jihadist Reports Death of Italian Fighter Ibrahim Giuliano Delnovo in Syria
An alleged Italian jihadist reported that a fighter from Genoa, Italy, Ibrahim Giuliano Delnovo, was killed in Syria on June 18, 2013.
- Afghan Taliban Reports Suicide Raid, Infiltrator Attacks; Says Child Killed Italian Soldier
The Afghan Taliban reported the death of dozens in a five-man suicide raid at the provincial council building in Qalat district of Afghanistan's Zabul province, and claimed that an 11-year-old Afghan boy killed an Italian soldier with a hand grenade.
- Nigerian Jihadist Group Claims Kidnapping Foreigners in Nigeria
The Nigeria-based Ansar al-Muslimeen in the Land of Black Africans (Bilad al-Sudan) claimed responsibility for kidnapping seven foreign employees of the Setraco construction company in Bauchi, Nigeria.
- Jihadist Turns Hacked Websites into File Servers for Jihadi Propaganda
In support of jihadi media, a jihadist hacked ten websites and installed on their servers a file-sharing script enabling users to upload and download jihadi propaganda.
- Fajr Releases Biography of Slain al-Qaeda Official, Former Milan Cell Head
Al-Fajr Media Center released a biography of Abd el-Kader Mahmoud Mohamed el-Sayed (AKA Abu Saleh al-Masri), an al-Qaeda official and former organizer of an al-Qaeda cell in Milan, Italy, who was killed in a drone strike in Waziristan in May/June 2012.
- Afghan Taliban Reports Infiltrator Soldiers Killing Italian Troops
The Afghan Taliban reported that fighters who infiltrated the Afghan police and army, shot and killed Italian troops in Farah province of western Afghanistan.
- Tawhid and Jihad in West Africa Releases Video of Freeing Hostages
A jihadist who in the past weeks has posted Mali-related reports and videos, distributed a video released by Tawhid and Jihad Group in West Africa showing its freeing Italian and Spanish hostages in Mali in July 2012.