- Jaysh al-Adl Claims Credit for Bombing on IRGC Bus in Iran
The Iran-based Jaysh al-Adl (Army of Justice) claimed credit for the bombing on a bus carrying Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) personnel along the Khash-Zahedan road.
- IS-aligned Persian Group Releases Video of Attacks by IS Supporters in Ahvaz and Balochistan
An Islamic State (IS)-aligned group released a video of attacks by IS supporters in Sheyban a town in Ahvaz, Iran, and in Balochistan, including the May 2018 strike on Basij forces.
- Ansar al-Furqan Portrays Chabahar Suicide Bombing as Revenge for Killing of Officials
The Balochistan-based Ansar al-Furqan released a video portraying the December 6, 2018, suicide bombing at a Chabahar police headquarters as revenge for the killing of officials.
- Ansar al-Furqan Claims Suicide Bombing at Iranian Police HQ in Chabahar
Ansar al-Furqan, a Sunni Balochistan-based jihadi group, claimed credit for the suicide bombing an a police headquarters in Chabahar.
- Afghan Taliban Denies Receiving Weapons from Iran
The Afghan Taliban denied receiving weapons from Iran and elsewhere, assuring supporters that its arms cache consists of war spoils or weapons from Soviet-Afghan war. Group spokesman Muhammad Yusuf issued a statement on November 30, 2018, rejecting allegations by Brian Hook, Senior Policy Advisor to the U.S.
- Balochistan Jihadist Group Captures Iranian Special Forces and Revolutionary Guards
A Balochistan-based Sunni jihadist group claimed the “arrests” of twelve Iranians from Badr Air Base.
- HTS Releases Video of Captive IRGC Officer Appealing for Release
The Syria-based Hay'at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS)) released a video of a captive Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) officer appealing for his release.
- After IS Promotion of Ahvaz Attack, IS-linked Group Calls for Mass-Targeting in Iran
As the Islamic State (IS) promotes its recent attack on a military parade in the Iranian city Ahvaz, a media outfit linked to the group called for the mass-targeting of "disbelievers" and "polytheists" in the country.
- IS Spokesman Promotes IRGC Military Parade Attack in Ahvaz, Rallies Fighters in Hasakah
Islamic State (IS) spokesman Abu al-Hassan al-Muhajir promoted the recent attack on an IRGC military parade in the Iranian city of Ahvaz and rallied IS fighters in Syria's Hasakah governorate.
- IS’ ’Amaq Releases Video of IRGC Military Parade Attackers in Ahvaz
The Islamic State’s (IS) ‘Amaq News Agency released a video of the three attackers behind the operation at the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) military parade in Ahvaz.
- IS Claims Attack on Military Parade in Southern Iran, Killing and Wounding over 100
The Islamic State’s (IS) Khorasan Province claimed responsibility for killing and wounding over 100 Iranian forces in Southern Iran.
- IS Claims Attack on IRGC Military Parade in Iranian City of Ahvaz
Through its 'Amaq News Agency, the Islamic State (IS) claimed credit for the attack on a military parade in the Iranian city of Ahvaz.
- IS-linked Group Identifies Americans, Iranians, and Russians as Targets
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group identified the leaders of America, Iran, and Russia and their respective people as targets.
- IS-linked Group Calls to Kill Rouhani and Putin and Their Supporters
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group called on lone-wolf jihadists to kill Iranian President Hassan Rouhani and Russian President Vladimir Putin and their supporters.
- IS' Khorasan Province Releases Video on Suicide Attacks, Including June 2017 Iran Operation, and a Child Bomber
The Islamic State's (IS) Khorasan Province released a video focusing on its suicide attacks, including the June 7, 2017, attack in the Iranian capital, Tehran, and others, including a child bomber who executed strikes in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
- IS Reports Killing 37 Syrian Soldiers During Southern Damascus Defense, Portrays Battle as Repulsing Iranian Influence
The Islamic State (IS) reported that its fighters killed at least 37 Syrian soldiers while repulsing their attempts to advance on their positions in southern Damascus, and portrayed the battle as one of deterring Iranian influence over Sunni areas.
- IS Portrays Return to Baghdad as Bad Omen for Iran and Shi’ites in Naba 115
The Islamic State (IS) portrayed the January 15, 2018, suicide bombings in Baghdad, which marked its return to the Iraqi capital after seven months, as a bad omen for Iran and Shi’ites in general in Naba 115.
- IS Urges Supporters to Capitalize on Iran Protests, Foment Unrest Among Shi'ites Towards Regime in Naba 113
Amidst the protests in Iran, the Islamic State (IS) urged its supporters in Naba 113 to capitalize on the event and foment unrest among Shi'ites towards the ruling regime.
- Ansar al-Furqan Claims Bombing Oil Pipeline in 1st Operation in Iranian City of Ahvaz
Ansar al-Furqan, a Sunni jihadi group operating in Iran's Sistan and Baluchestan Province, claimed bombing what it described as a "major" oil pipeline, in its first operation in Ahvaz, and provided footage of the attack.
- Ansar al-Furqan Iran Declares No Connection to Group of Similar Name in Syria
Ansar al-Furqan Iran declared that it has no connection to "Ansar al-Iran in the Land of Sham [Syria]," a group that had announced its establishment three days prior.
- Ansar al-Furqan Iran Video Shows Strike on Enemy Camp in Sistan and Baluchestan Province
Ansar al-Furqan Iran released a video of a nighttime strike on an enemy camp in Sistan and Baluchestan Province, and its fighters traversing the desert.
- Ansar al-Furqan Publishes Cartoons of Bashar al-Assad, Ali Khamenei, Suggests Using Them as ‘Gun Target Practice’
Ansar al-Furqan, a Balochistan-based Sunni jihadi group, published cartoons of Syria’s President, Bashar al-Assad, and Supreme Leader of Iran, Ali Khamenei, with targets over their heads and bodies, suggesting fighters use them as “gun target prectise [sic].”
- Iranian, Russian, Turkish, and Turkmen Children Execute Prisoners in Grisly IS Video, Call for Attacks
Al-Jazeera Province of the Islamic State (IS) in Iraq released a grisly video featuring Iranian, Russian, Turkish, and Turkmen children brutally executing prisoners and calling for and threatening attacks in their native lands and the West.
- IS Claims Killing 30, Wounding 40 Iraqi Federal Police Total in Separate Attacks in Mosul
Ninawa Province of the Islamic State (IS) claimed killing 30 Iraqi Federal Police and wounding 40 others in separate attacks in Mosul.
- IS’ ‘Amaq Releases Video from Tehran Attackers, Threaten Further Attacks in Iran, Saudi Arabia
The Islamic State’s (IS) ‘Amaq News Agency released a video “message” from the five fighters who carried out the June 7, 2017, attack in the Iranian capital, Tehran threatening further attacks in the country.
- IS Identifies Tehran Attackers as Iranian, Gives Details of Raid in Naba 84
The Islamic State (IS) identified the noms de guerre of the five fighters who carried out the June 7, 2017, attack in the Iranian capital, Tehran, in the 84th issue of its al-Naba weekly newspaper, and provided a photo of the assembled group, in addition to giving details of the operation.
- IS Claims Killing, Wounding 60 in 5-Man Suicide Raid in Iranian Capital
The Islamic State (IS) issued a formal communique for its operation in the Iranian capital, Tehran, claiming that its five-man suicide raid on the parliament and Khomeini shrine left 60 people dead and wounded.
- ‘Amaq Releases Video Taken by IS Fighter Inside Iranian Parliament
The Islamic State’s (IS) ‘Amaq News Agency released a video recorded by one of the fighters involved in the raid inside the Iranian parliament in Tehran.
- IS Claims Through ‘Amaq its First Attack in Iran, Striking the Iranian Parliament and Khomeini Shrine in Capital
The Islamic State (IS) claimed through its ‘Amaq News Agency its first attack in Iran, striking the Iranian parliament and the Khomeini shrine in the capital, Tehran.
- IS Calls on Sunnis in Iran to Form Cells, Carry Out Attacks
The Islamic State (IS) released a video featuring Iranian fighters in which it called on Sunnis in Iran to form cells and carry out attacks on Shi’ite forces.
- IS Incites to Target Western, Arab Economic Interests in Naba 70
The Islamic State (IS) incited its supporters to attack American, European, and other Western economic interests, as well as those of Arab states, in the 70th issue of its al-Naba newspaper.
- JFS Officials Inspire Steadfastness Among Rebels In Video
A Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) video focused on significance of patience, unity, and resilience during jihad, and compared past and current battles to inspire and encourage steadfastness among the rebel fighters to achieve victory.
- Ansar al-Furqan Threatens Suicide Attacks on Iranian Economic, Military Centers in Revenge for Prisoner Executions
Ansar al-Furqan, a Balochistan-based Sunni jihadi group, threatened to carry out suicide attacks on Iranian economic and military centers in revenge for the government executing Sunni prisoners.
- Zawahiri Threatens "Harsh Consequences" for U.S. if Death Sentence Implemented on Boston Marathon Bomber
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri threatened "harsh consequences" upon Americans if the death sentence is implemented on Boston Marathon bomber Dzokhar Tsarnaev.
- Alleged Group "Battalions of Sheikh Ahmed al-Assir" Threatens to Shoot Down Iranian Military Planes in Video
An alleged Lebanon-based group calling itself the "Battalions of Sheikh Ahmed al-Assir" threatened Hezbollah and Iran in a video, and declared that it will target every Iranian plane carrying military gear.
- Balochistan-based Ansar al-Furqan Claims Killing 20 Iranians in Attack in Khash
Ansar al-Furqan, a Balochistan-based Sunni jihadi group, claimed killing 20 Iranian forces and wounding nearly 80 others in a suicide raid in Khash County.
- Jihadists Disseminate Instructions for Starting Grassroots Operations around the World
Jihadist Telegram channels have circulated a list of instructions for starting grassroots recruitment, propaganda, or “physical” operations throughout the world.
- TIP Releases Video on al-Khalidiyah and Khan Touman Takeovers in Aleppo
The Syria division of the Turkistan Islamic Party (TIP) released a video on the recent takeovers of al-Khalidiyah and Khan Touman, two villages in northern Aleppo.
- IS Claims Killing 10 from "Iranian Militias" in Clash West of Tadmur (Palmyra)
Homs Province of the Islamic State (IS) in Syria claimed killing 10 and wounding 15 elements from "Iranian militias" west of the city of Tadmur (Palmyra).
- Nusra Front Video Shows Arrival of Reinforcement from Hama to Aleppo
Nusra Front (NF), al-Qaeda’s branch in Syria, released a video featuring the arrival of reinforcements from Hama to Aleppo and its countryside.
- IS-Linked ‘Amaq News Releases Video of Iranian-Made UAV Downed in Ninawa
The Islamic State (IS)-linked ‘Amaq News Agency released a video of what it described as an Iranian-made reconnaissance plane that was shot down in Ninawa.
- Jaish al-Islam Claims Killing 7 in Clashes with Regime Forces in Southern Countryside of Aleppo
Jaish al-Islam (Army of Islam) claimed killing seven in clashes against the regime and Iranian militia forces in the southern countryside of Aleppo.
- Levantine Front and Thouwar al-Sham Announce Merger, Call upon Opposition Factions to Unite
Thouwar al-Sham (Rebels of al-Sham) announced its merger with the Levantine Front (Jabhat al-Shamiya), and called upon other opposition factions to unite their ranks.
- Zawahiri Calls to Attack Interests of “Zionist-Crusader Alliance” to Avenge Prisoner Executions by Saudi Arabia
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri called in an audio speech for fighters to attack interests of the “Zionist-Crusader alliance” in revenge for the execution of Sunni militants and scholars by Saudi Arabia.
- NF Claims Attacks on Regime and Iranian Militia Forces in Hama
The Nusra Front (NF), the al-Qaeda (AQ) branch in Syria, claimed attacks on the Syrian regime and the Iranian militia forces in the southern and eastern countryside of Hama.
- Ansar al-Furqan Claims Bombing Iranian Police, Revolutionary Guard
Ansar al-Furqan, a Balochistan-based Sunni jihadi group, claimed bombing an Iranian police and IRGC (Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps) station and a military headquarters in Jaleq district of Iran’s Sistan and Balochistan Province.
- Austrian, Chechen IS Fighters Threaten Attacks Like Paris in Russia, Coalition Countries
Two fighters, an Austrian and a Chechen, in al-Jazeera Province of the Islamic State (IS) in Iraq are featured in a video threatening attacks similar to Paris in Russia and coalition countries militarily intervening against the IS.
- NF Reports of Battle with Syrian, Iranian Forces in Southern Countryside of Aleppo
The Nusra Front (NF), the al-Qaeda branch in Syria, claimed to have battled and deterred Syrian and Iranian forces from advancing on a village in the Southern countryside of Aleppo.
- Document Alleges IS’ Attempts to “Buy” Ansar al-Furqan’s Allegiance
Anti-Islamic State (IS) jihadists on Twitter disseminated a document based on claims by an alleged member of Ansar al-Furqan, a Balochistan-based jihadi group, of persistent attempts by IS to bribe the group for its allegiance.
- NF Details Entrance into the Group, Claims Intent to Fight Russia and Iran in Video
In a video released by the Nusra Front (NF), the al-Qaeda branch in Syria, a young fighter from Idlib explained events that led to him joining the group and detailed the training process.
- Jihadist Calls for Financial Support for Ansar al-Furqan
A jihadist-supporter on Twitter called for financial and other forms of support to Balochistan-based jihadi group Ansar al-Furqan.
- NF Fighter Claims Group Is Ready to Battle Russia, Iran, Syria in Video
The Aleppo division of the Nusra Front, al-Qaeda’s branch in Syria, released a video showing a fighter asserting that Russia will not be able to win the war in Syria and documenting fighters training with various types of Russian-made weapons.
- Jaish al-Adl Claims Saudi Riyal Donation from Unnamed “Philanthropist”
Jaish al-Adl, an Iranian Sunni Islamist insurgent group, claimed to have received financial donations from an unspecified donor.
- Jihadist Explains How al-Qaeda Officials Were Imprisoned in Iran
A jihadist explained how recently released al-Qaeda official Saif al-Adl and others ended up in Iranian custody and the measures al-Qaeda took to free them from Iran.
- Ansar al-Furqan Fighter Chronicles Battle with Iranian Forces in English Booklet
The Balochistan-based jihadi group Ansar al-Furqan published an English booklet chronicling the course of a battle with Iranian forces in Nik Shahr in early-2015, and stressing its need for support.
- Ansar al-Furqan Fundraising Campaign for Money, Weapons on Twitter
The Ansar al-Furqan (Supporters of the Furqan), an Iranian-based Sunni Baloch militant organization, began a Twitter campaign to raise funds for the group’s jihadi activities and military equipment, including weapons, vehicles, rockets and even the cost of “preparing a mujahid.”
- Balochistan-Based Ansar al-Furqan Announces Death of Leader
Ansar al-Furqan, a Balochistan-based Sunni jihadi group, announced that its leader and two other fighters were killed a clash with Iranian forces.
- Army of Justice Claims Killing 8 Iranian Guards on Iran-Pakistan Border
The Army of Justice (Jaish al-‘Adl), a Balochistan-based Sunni jihadist group, claimed credit for the killing of eight Iranian guards on the Iran-Pakistan border.
- Houthis, Jihadists React to Airstrikes in Yemen by Saudi Arabia and Partnering Nations
Houthis and jihadists provided an array of both religious and nationalist-minded reactions on social media following recently initiated airstrikes on Houthi targets in Yemen by Saudi Arabia and Arab allies.
- Brigades of Abdullah Azzam Official Denies Coordinating Female Suicide Bomber
Sirajuddin Zurayqat, an official in the Lebanon-based Brigades of Abdullah Azzam, denied reports in the Lebanese media that he coordinated to send a female suicide bomber to strike the Iranian embassy in Beirut.
- Al-Nusra Front Publishes Pictures of Attack on Hezbollah and Syrian Army in Qalamoun
The al-Nusra Front (NF), the al-Qaeda branch in Syria, posted photos showing the group's attack on the al-Masrub camp in Jord al-Falita, Qalamoun, on the Iranian Hezbollah and Syrian army.
- IS Video Profiles Iranian UAV Shot Down in Diyala
The Diyala provincial division of the Islamic State (IS) released a video profiling an Iranian Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) that fighters allegedly shot down and had previously identified as a coalition aircraft.
- AQAP Official Nasser bin Ali al-Ansi Speaks on U.S.-Iran Relations, Houthi Seizure of Sana’a and War with Group
In the third and final sections of the first part of the interview by al-Malahem Media Foundation, the media arm of al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), with Nasser bin Ali al-Ansi, the group official discussed relations between the U.S. and Iran, and the seizure of the Yemeni capital, Sana'a, by Shi'ite Houthis.
- Jihadists Discuss Suggestion for IS to Enter Iran, Jordan, and Saudi Arabia
A jihadist suggested that the Islamic State (IS) enter Iran, Jordan, and Saudi Arabia in order to disorganize the enemies' plans against the group, and reduce the pressure in Iraq and Syria.
- Brigades of Abdullah Azzam Official Urges Lebanese Sunnis Take Up Arms Against Hezbollah in Audio
Sirajuddin Zurayqat, a religious official in the Brigades of Abdullah Azzam, urged Lebanese Sunnis to take up arms against Hezbollah, and Sunni soldiers in the Lebanese army to defect.
- Ansar al-Furqan Releases Video of Bombing Iranian Military Train
The Balochistan-based Sunni jihadi group Ansar al-Furqan released a video alleging to show the bombing of a military train of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) on the outskirts of Zahedan.
- Pro-Hezbollah Forum Members Question Hezbollah-Iran Relationship
Members of the pro-Hezbollah forum Qawem discussed the recent statements by high-level Iranian officials including General Hussein Hamdani, former head of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard, regarding the formation a second Hezbollah in Syria, and that it was willing to send 130,000 trained Basij fighters to prop up the Syrian regime.
- Brigades of Abdullah Azzam Claims Beirut Blasts in Video Announcement
The Brigades of Abdullah Azzam released a video announcing its claim of responsibility for the twin suicide bombings near the Iranian cultural center in Beirut.
- Ansar al-Furqan Leader Calls Balochi Sunnis to Jihad
Abu Hafs al-Balochi, the leader of the Balochistan-based Sunni jihadi group Ansar al-Furqan, urged Balochi Sunnis to join them in jihad against the Iranian government and asked Sunni members of militias to turn their guns against their colleagues.
- Ansar Iran Declares Merger with Hizb al-Furqan, Becomes Ansar al-Furqan
The Balochistan-based Sunni jihadi group Ansar Iran announced its merger with a fellow group, Hizb al-Furqan, and rebranding themselves as "Ansar al-Furqan".
- Hezbollah's No.2 Says U.S.-Iran Negotiations is Victory for Iran
Al-Manar, Hezbollah's official media channel, held an interview with Naim al-Qassem, Deputy Secretary General of Hezbollah, on November 29, 2013, as part of its reporting on the recent U.S.-Iran negotiations.
- Hezbollah Says Iran Scored a Number of Gains in Geneva Deal
As part of its continuing coverage of the nuclear deal between Iran and the P5+1 countries, Hezbollah released an article on its "Moqawama" website on November 25, 2013, entitled, "Details of the Nuclear Deal Between Iran and P5+1".
- Hezbollah: Nuclear Agreement is Great Victory for Iran, Defeat for Enemies of the Ummah
Hezbollah released a statement on November 25, 2013 that hailed the interim nuclear deal as a great victory for Iran and a defeat for the enemies of the Islamic nation and their allied forces of evil in the region and the world.
- Jihadist Says Embassy Bombings in Beirut Signal Start to Fight Iran
A jihadist claimed that the November 19, 2013, suicide bombings near the Iranian embassy in Beirut have signaled the start for fighters to "punish" Iran.
- Brigades of Abdullah Azzam: Bringing the War into Lebanon
After years of threatening Hezbollah and Iranian interests in Lebanon, and solely claiming responsibility for attacks outside the country, the Brigades of Abdullah Azzam took credit for the November 19, 2013, twin suicide bombings near the Iranian embassy in Beirut.
- Hezbollah Media Portrays Iranian Embassy Attack as Failed Attempt, Releases Animation of Attack
Hezbollah's Al-Manar satellite television channel and its accompanying website along with the semi-official bintjbeil.org news website portrayed the attack on the Iranian embassy as having failed.
- Lead Hezbollah MP Blames Israel for Iranian Embassy Bombing
Mohammad Raad, the head of Hezbollah's "Loyalty to the Resistance" parliamentary bloc, blamed Israel for the two explosions that targeted the Iranian embassy in Beirut on November 19, 2013. The Iranian embassy is located in Southern Beirut, a Hezbollah stronghold.
- Nasrallah: Hezbollah Will Be Stronger after any Iran Nuclear Deal, Regional War is Alternative to an Understanding
Hezbollah Secretary General Hassan Nasrallah made a rare appearance in person to deliver a speech on November 13, 2013 in which he addressed a number of political and security issues in the region and in Lebanon. Nasrallah focused on negotiations over Iran's nuclear program, Israel, and Lebanon's inability to form a new government.
On the issue of Iran negotiations, Nasrallah stated that a potential deal between Iran and the West would make Hezbollah and its political allies stronger. He refuted the claim that he is worried about Iran abandoning Hezbollah as part of deal with the West. Curtailed Iranian support for Hezbollah would be a major blow to the militant organization that would significantly change the balance of power within Lebanon and in the region. Nasrallah stated, however, that he trusts his allies because they have never sold out the organization or conspired against it, emphasizing the unity of purpose shared by Iran, Syria, and Hezbollah.
Saudi Arabia and its allies, however, had good reason not to trust the United States, their strongest ally, according to Nasrallah. He implied that the United States had been an unreliable partner and unable to stand by its obligations. He cited the abandoned military strike on Syria as evidence that the Gulf states cannot count on the United States to stand by its declarations or its commitments to its regional allies.
The Secretary General warned that a regional war was the alternative to a deal with Iran. He urged Arab Gulf states and Israel to stop obstructing a deal because they will be the losers in any regional confrontation that results from failed negotiations. "Everyone must be worried," about a regional war said Nasrallah, "but others besides us must be more worried."
Nasrallah also warned that Israel is working to perpetuate the current state of division, strife, and conflict in the Middle East.
- Libyan Jihadists Threaten Iraq and Iran Over Prisoner Executions, Treatment
Libyan jihadists threatened the Iraqi and Iranian governments over the treatment of Libyan prisoners and in particular, the reported execution of Libyan national 'Adel al-Zawi, who was charged with terrorism-related offenses in Iraq.
- Ansar Iran Video Shows Attack on Iranian Forces as Training Exercise
The Ansar Iran Movement, a Balochistan-based Sunni jihadi group, released a video of its fighters attacking a machine gun post of Iranian forces as a "training exercise".
- Ansar Iran Challenges Iranian Government, Threatens Iran's Allies
The Ansar Iran Movement a Balochistan-based Sunni jihadi group, released a video challenging the Iranian government to dismantle its training camps, and threatening Iran's allies.
- Hezbollah Forum Members Speculate on Effects of U.S-Iran Détente in Lebanon
Members on Hezbollah's Qawem.org forum debated whether or not the recent opening between Iran and the United States would have positive effects in Lebanon.
- Ansar Iran Commander Urges Sunni Youths to Fight Iranian Government
The Balochistan-based Ansar Iran Movement released an audio speech from one of its commanders, Zubair Balochi, calling upon Sunni youths to fight the Iranian government in order to defend Sunni men and women in Iran and Syria.
- Hezbollah Forum Members: American Decision to Delay Military Action is Huge Defeat
Prominent members on Hezbollah's Qawem.org forum discussed the American decision to delay military action on Syria, saying that it represents an enormous defeat for the United States and the American President.
- Hezbollah Officials Warn of Consequences for Attack on Syria, Urge Americans to Oppose Military Action
Hezbollah members along with representatives of other pro-Syrian regime factions in Lebanon held a solidarity meeting at the Syrian embassy in Lebanon in which they denounced Western policy on Syria and warned of consequences for a potential American military strike.
- Hezbollah Forum: Delayed Decision to Hit Syria Shows Western Weakness
Members on Hezbollah's Qawem.org forum discussed the American decision to delay a strike on Syria until it gains congressional approval, saying that the move shows weakness and that the West caved in the face of retaliatory threats from Iran, Syria, and Hezbollah.
- Ansar Iran Claims Firing at Iranian Patrol, Issues Video of Attack
The Ansar Iran Movement, a Balochistan-based Sunni jihadi group, claimed engaging in a 10 minute exchange of fire with an Iranian patrol in a mountain area, and issued a video of the attack.
- PFLP-GC Threatens to Retaliate for Western Attack on Syria, Says it is part of Hezbollah-Iran-Syria Agreement to Strike Back
London based pan-Arab newspaper Al-Quds Al-Arabi reported on August 28, 2013 that officials in the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine – General Command (PFLP-GC) said that they were part of an agreement between Hezbollah, Iran, and Syria to retaliate for any possible military strike against the latter.
- Ansar Iran Founder Speaks on Chabahar Suicide Bombing, Lauds ISIL
Abu Hafs al-Balochi, the founder of the Balochistan-based Sunni jihadi group Ansar Iran, declared the Iranian city of Chabahar to be a "military target" and discussed the execution of the July 9, 2013, suicide bombing in an audio speech.
- Ansar al-Islam Urges Sunnis in Iran to Seek Independence
The Iraq-based jihadi group Ansar al-Islam called on Sunnis in Iran to seek independence and prepare themselves for jihad against the Iranian government.
- Ansar Iran Claims Suicide Bombing in Chabahar was Successfully Executed
The Ansar Iran Movement, a Balochistan-based Sunni jihadist group, claimed that the suicide bombing in Chabahar, Iran, on July 9, 2013, was successfully executed and resulted in the killing of eight Revolutionary Guards and the wounding of over 14 others.
- Afghan Taliban Confirms Sending Delegation to Iran, Denies Attacking ICRC
The Afghan Taliban confirmed reports that it sent delegations to Iran, saying that high-ranking officials and representatives from the group went to discuss "mutual interests" and participate in an international Islamic conference.
- Balochistan-Based Army of Justice Calls to Arab Sunnis for Support
The Army of Justice, a Balochistan-based Sunni jihadist group comprised of former Jundallah elements, released a video from its spokesman, Abdul Raouf Rigi, calling upon Arab Sunnis to provide financial and physical support.
- Ansar Iran Gives Info on Founder, Calls to Boycott Presidential Election
The Ansar Iran Movement, a Balochistan-based Sunni jihadist group, gave information about its founder and spokesman, Abu Hafs al-Balochi, and urged Sunni Iranians to boycott the upcoming president election.
- Ansar Iran Announces Appointment of New Leader, New Operations
The Balochistan-based Ansar Iran Movement acknowledged the disappearance and possible death of its former leader, Abu Yasir Muskootani, and the appointment of his successor, and said the group is preparing operations but requires support.
- SSP Releases Third Issue of English Magazine "Al-Rashideen"
Sipah-e-Sahaba Pakistan (SSP), or "Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamaat," a Deobandi Pakistani group, released the third issue of its anti-Shi'a, English-language magazine "al-Rashideen."
- SSP Releases Special Issue of English Magazine, Focuses on Iran
Sipah-e-Sahaba Pakistan (SSP), or "Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamaat," a Deobandi Pakistani group, released a special issue of its English-language magazine "al-Rashideen," focusing on the 1979 Iranian Revolution and its impact in the region.
- SSP Releases First Issue of English Magazine "Al-Rashideen"
Sipah-e-Sahaba Pakistan (SSP), or "Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamaat," a Deobandi Pakistani group, released the first issue of its English-language magazine "al-Rashideen," with articles promoting jihad and inciting for violence against Shi'ites.
- Army of Justice Claims Attack on Iranian Border Guards, Asks for Support
The Army of Justice, a Balochistan-based Sunni jihadist group comprised of former Jundallah elements, claimed killing eight Iranian border guards in a bombing in Saravan, Iran.
- Ansar Iran Calls for Support in Video, Threatens Suicide Bombings
The Balochistan-based Ansar Iran Movement released a video from one of its officials, Abu Hafs al-Balochi, calling upon Sunni Muslims to provide it physical and financial support, and threatening Iran to carry out more suicide bombings.