- Pro-IS Chat Groups Share MIT Video from Poso Rallying Fighters
Jihadists distributed a video attributed to Mujahidin Indonesia Timur (MIT) wherein a fighter in Poso rallies others to persevere against the enemy and never surrender.
The 2 minute, 14 second video was posted on pro-Islamic State (IS) Telegram chat groups on October 22, 2018, accompanied with an English message reading:
less than 10 indonesian mujahideen with only 2 assault rifles against thousands of Indonesian army in Poso forest
struggling to Tamkin [be empowered] in Indonesia
They need weapons supply
In the video, a fighter flanked by two armed men gives a speech in Indonesian, advising fellow fighters to be firm in the "fields of jihad" and to rely in God to grant them victory despite the gross imbalance in their numbers and weapons against those of the enemy.
- IS Promotes Recent Operations in Indonesia and Philippines in Naba 133 Infographic
The Islamic State (IS) promoted in a Naba 133 infographic the recent operations claimed by its East Asia division in Indonesia and the Philippines, tallying casualties at “75 apostates and Christian disbelievers” killed.
- Indonesian IS-linked Group Relaunches "Al-Fatihin" Magazine, Releases 10 Issues in 2 Months
An Indonesian Islamic State (IS)-linked group relaunched "Al-Fatihin" magazine and released ten issues in the span of two months.
- IS Claims 52 Casualties in 3 Suicide Bombings on Churches in Indonesia
The Islamic State (IS) claimed killing 11 people and wounding 41 others in three suicide bombings on churches in Indonesia's East Java province.
- IS' 'Amaq Reports Group's Responsibility for 3 Suicide Bombings at Churches in Indonesia
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported that the group is responsible for three suicide bombings at churches in the Indonesian city of Surabya.
- IS Reports Ongoing Clashes Inside Prison in Jakarta, Provides Photos of Fighters and Seized Weapons
The East Asia division of the Islamic State (IS) reported on the ongoing clashes inside the Depok city prison in the Indonesian capital, Jakarta, and provided photos of fighters and seized weapons.
- 'Amaq Reports IS Fighters Clashing with Anti-Terrorism Police Inside Prison in Jakarta
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported that fighters have engaged in a clash with Indonesian anti-terrorism police inside a prison in Jakarta.
- Pro-IS Indonesian Group Portrays 2018 FIFA World Cup as "IS vs Russia"
A pro-Islamic State (IS) Indonesian media group that had previously threatened attacks to come during the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia published another poster portraying the event as "IS vs Russia".
- Jihadi Media Group Gives Biography of Indonesian HTS Suicide Bomber
The Maldivian-run Bilad al-Sham Media gave a biography of an Indonesian Hayat Tahrir al-Sham (HTS) fighter who performed a suicide operation in eastern Idlib.
- IS Supporters Share Poster Threatening Indonesia, Indonesian Politicians
Islamic State (IS) supporters distributed a poster threatening Indonesia and Indonesian politicians, namely Luhut Binsar Pandjaitan and Megawati Sukarnoputri.
- Pro-IS Telegram Channels Urge for Increased IS Presence in Indonesia
Pro-Islamic State (IS) Telegram channels forwarded a series of messages urging IS supporters to strengthen their presence in Indonesia and “avenge… the rapes of your sisters…and blood of your brothers.”
- Pro-IS Group Urges Lone Wolves in Indonesia to Attack Americans, Britons
A pro-Islamic State (IS) group urged lone-wolf jihadists in Indonesia to focus on “smaller targets” and to stab foreigners, specifically Americans and Britons, as well as Buddhists.
- AQAP Official Batarfi Urges Support for Rohingya Muslims in Myanmar, Calls AQIS to Attack
Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) released a video speech by one of its officials, Khalid bin Umar Batarfi, calling on Muslims and especially those in Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, and Malaysia to support their Rohingya Muslim brethren in Myanmar (Burma), and for al-Qaeda in the Indian Subcontinent (AQIS) to carry out attacks.
- IS Focuses on Marawi in 3rd Episode of “Inside the Caliphate”
The Islamic State (IS) focused on Marawi in the third episode of its "Inside the Caliphate" series, highlighting fighters' perseverance against Philippine soldiers and American and Australian aircraft, and calling on Muslims in the region to come and fight.
- Jihadist Demands Muslims Throughout East Asia Including Japan, Singapore, and South Korea, Rise Against Their Governments
A jihadist promoted jihad in Thailand while demanding that Muslims throughout East Asia including those in Japan, Singapore, and South Korea, rise against their governments and expand the “provinces” of the Islamic State (IS).
- IS Supporter on Telegram Calls on Indonesian Muslims to “Unite” Against Police
Islamic State (IS) supporters on Telegram forwarded a message labeling police in Indonesia as the group’s “number one enemy,” calling Muslims to “unite...in arms against the police.”
- IS’ ‘Amaq Reports Jakarta Attack Carried out by IS Fighter
‘Amaq News Agency of the Islamic State (IS) reported that the May 24, 2017 attack on a “police gathering” the Indonesian city of Jakarta was carried out by “one of the fighters of the Islamic State.”
- IS Media Affiliate Releases Video of Indonesian Fighters Inciting for Jihad
The Islamic State (IS) affiliate Furat Media released a video of Indonesian fighters inciting for jihad and threatening Arab governments and America and its allies that they will ultimately be conquered.
- Jihadist Telegram Channel Requests German, Spanish, Other Language Translators for Outreach
A jihadist Telegram channel requested assistance from German, Spanish, French, Dutch, and other language translators for outreach material.
- 'Amaq Reports IS Responsibility for Knife Attack on Police in Indonesia
Through its 'Amaq News Agency, the Islamic State (IS) claimed credit for the knife attack on policemen in the Indonesian city of Tangerang.
- IS Division in Philippines Releases First Video, Features Filipino, Indonesian, and Malaysian Inciting for Jihad
The division of the Islamic State (IS) in the Philippines released its first official video, showing the pledging of four factions to the IS, and Filipino, Indonesian, and Malaysian fighters inciting their respective countrymen to join the IS and carry out lone wolf attacks.
- American, French, Indonesian, Russian, and Uzbek Fighters Laud Omar Mateen in Video, Call for Lone-Wolf Attacks
American, French, Indonesian, Russian, and Uzbek fighters in Furat Province the Islamic State (IS) in Iraq lauded Orlando nightclub gunman Omar Mateen and called upon Muslims to follow his example and kill "disbelievers".
- IS Video Shows Training of Children from Southeast Asia in al-Hasakah, Fighters and Kids Burn Passports
Al-Barakah Province, the division of the Islamic State (IS) for al-Hasakah, Syria, released a video on fighters from Southeast Asia, showing military training and religious indoctrination for children, and adult fighters and kids burning their passports.
- Indonesian Pro-IS Jihadist Releases Android Games: "Shoot Obama," "Captain IS," "Go to Syria"
An Indonesian pro-Islamic State (IS) jihadist released three games for Android devices: "Shoot Obama," "Captain IS," and "Go to Syria".
- Indonesian IS Fighter Calls on Countrymen to Pledge to "Caliphate" in Video
An Indonesian Islamic State (IS) fighter called on his Muslim countrymen to reject all groups other than the IS and pledge to its "Caliphate" in a video released by Furat Media.
- Zawahiri Promotes al-Qaeda to Muslims in East Asia Over IS in 8th Episode of “Islamic Spring”
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri addressed an audio speech to Muslims in East Asia, promoting his group and its ideology and goals over that espoused by the Islamic State (IS), and urged they contribute to jihad.
- Jihadists Celebrate Terror Attack “Extremist Crusaders” in Indonesia
Jihadists on social media celebrated the January 14, 2015 terror attack in the Indonesian capital city of Jakarta, which was claimed by the Islamic State (IS).
- IS Claims Attack in Jakarta, Indonesia
The Islamic State (IS) claimed the January 14, 2016 attack in the Indonesian capital city of Jakarta.
- Indonesian IS Fighter Calls on Muslims to Travel to Join IS, Attack at Home
Furat Media, a media affiliate of the Islamic State (IS), released a video of an Indonesian IS fighter in Syria urging Muslims and his fellow countrymen specifically to travel to join the group, noting that his own disability did not prevent him from doing so.
- Sawt al-Jihad Nusantara Incites Against GIDI (Evangelical Church of Indonesia)
Sawt al-Jihad Nusantara, an Indonesian jihadi media group affiliated with the Global Islamic Media Front (GIMF), incited for attacks on GIDI (The Evangelical Church of Indonesia), stemming from an incident in Tolikara in which GIDI members reportedly incited a riot during Eid al-Fitr and burned a Muslim prayer room.
- Video Shows Training Camp of Pro-IS Fighters in Indonesia
A video attributed to Furat Media, a Russian-language media affiliate of the Islamic State (IS), shows scenes from a training camp of pro-IS fighters in Indonesia.
- Indonesian Suicide Bomber in Kirkuk Incites Muslims to Join IS in Video
An Indonesian suicide bomber in the Islamic State (IS) urged his fellow Muslim countrymen and Muslims in general to travel to and join the group, in a posthumous clip within an IS video on striking Peshmerga barracks adjacent to Kirkuk.
- Mujahideen Indonesia Timur (MIT) Rallies Fighters, Calls Muslims to Mobilize for Jihad
Mujahideen Indonesia Timor (MIT, East Indonesian Mujahideen) issued a statement rallying fighters in every battlefield and calling upon Muslims to mobilize for jihad.
- IS Publishes Photo Report on Attack by Indonesian Suicide Bomber at Speicher Base
The Salah al-Din provincial division of the Islamic State (IS) published a photo report on a suicide bombing by an Indonesian fighter at Speicher airbase.
- Jihadist Leader in Indonesia Thanks Supporters, Preachers
A message attributed to Abu Warda Santoso, the leader of Mujahidin Indonesia Timur (Mujahideen in East Indonesia), thanked preachers and supporters of the group in Indonesia and particularly those in the town of Masamba, South Sulawesi.
- Indonesian Media Group Calls on Syrian Factions to Obey Zawahiri
Sawt al-Jihad Nusantara (Voice of Jihad in Nusantara), an Indonesian jihadi media group, urged jihadi factions in Syria to heed al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri's instructions to end their factional conflicts.
- Video From MIT Leader Calls to Kill Special Forces, Claims They Are American and Australian Agents
Abu Warda Santoso, the leader of the Mujahidin Indonesia Timur (East Indonesian Mujahideen), incited Muslims to kill members of Densus 88, the Indonesian Special Forces counter-terrorism squad, and claimed they are American and Australian agents.
- GIMF Gives Condolences For Death Indonesian Forum Founder
The Global Islamic Media Front (GIMF) issued condolences for the death of Hanzala al-Khorasani, the founder of the al-Busyro Indonesian-language jihadi forum.
- Ansar al-Shariah in Tunisia Leader Rallies Youth to be Faithful
The leader of Ansar al-Shariah in Tunisia, Abu Ayyad al-Tunisi, addressed a message to Muslim youths, rallying them to be faithful solely to God and Islamic principles.
- Radical Indonesian Cleric Urges Jihadi Factions in Syria to Settle ConflictRadical Indonesian Cleric Urges Jihadi Factions in Syria to Settle Conflict
A message attributed to radical Indonesian cleric Abu Bakar Bashir urged jihadi factions in Syria to settle the infighting that has raged between them in the past months, and to concentrate their "resistance" on the Syrian enemy and its "assistants".
- Indonesian Islamists Express Support for ISIL
Indonesian Islamists in Bekasi and Jakarta expressed support to the former al-Qaeda affiliate the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), and its leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.
- Indonesian Jihadist Group Announces Deaths of Fighters, Calls for Emulation of Uprisings
Sawt al-Jihad (Voice of Jihad) in Nusantra, an Indonesian jihadi media group, accused Indonesian counterterrorism special forces of torturing six jihadi fighters to death.
- Indonesian Jihadist Group Incites for Attacks on Counter-Terrorism Squad
Sawt al-Jihad (Voice of Jihad) in Nusantra, an Indonesian jihadi media group, incited Muslims to attack Special Detachment 88, which is the Indonesian Special Forces counter-terrorism squad.
- Imprisoned, Radical Indonesian Cleric Calls for Jihad in Syria
A message attributed to Jama'ah Ansharut Tauhid (JAT) founder, Abu Bakar Bashir, called upon Muslims to participate in jihad in Syria in order to remove Bashar al-Assad from power.
- Indonesian Jihadists Show Readiness to Heed Zawahiri, Fight in Syria
Members of an Indonesia-based group calling itself "Anshorulloh Solo" showed their readiness to heed the call of al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri to fight the Bashar al-Assad regime in Syria, in a public demonstration in Solo, Central Java.