- IS-aligned Group Portrays Notre Dame Cathedral Fire as Divine Punishment for Baghuz
An Islamic State (IS)-aligned group portrayed the fire at the Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, France, as divine punishment for Baghuz and warned of more to come.
- Jihadists Revel in Notre Dame Cathedral Fire
Jihadists reveled in the fire engulfing the Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, France, sharing media photos of the flames and billowing smoke, and comments expressing their joy.
- IS-aligned Group Regards Notre Dame Cathedral Fire as "Retribution and Punishment"
An Islamic State (IS)-aligned group published a poster on the Notre Dame Cathedral fire regarding it as "retribution and punishment".
- Against Backdrop of Notre Dame Cathedral Fire, IS-aligned Group Threatens Attacks
On a poster using the fire at the Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, France, an Islamic State (IS)-aligned group threatened attacks.
- IS-Aligned Group Regards Notre Dame Cathedral as Future Target
An Islamic State (IS/ISIS)-aligned media group released a graphic depicting Notre Dame Cathedral in flames threatening “wait for the next.”
- IS-linked Media Group Threatens Paris in Two Posters, Provides Design Tools for Supporters to Make Their Own Warnings
An Islamic State (IS)-linked media group threatened Paris, France, in two posters, and provided design tools and guidance for supporters to make their own warnings.
- Lone Wolves Encouraged to Follow Example of IS-inspired Magnanville Attacker and "Answer the Call"
A message directed to lone-wolf jihadists encouraged they follow the example of the Islamic State (IS)-inspired Larossi Abballa, who stabbed to death a police officer and police secretary in Magnanville, France, in June 2016, and "answer the call".
- Pro-IS Newspaper "Liwa al-Ansar" Warns Group "Will Burn the Lands of the Cross"
The editors of the pro-Islamic State (IS) "Liwa' al-Ansar" (Brigade of the Supporters) newspaper warned that group fighters and those it inspires "will burn the lands of the Cross," naming the United States, Belgium, Britain, Canada, France, and Russia.
- IS-aligned Group Threatens France in Poster Depicting Fighter Monitoring Eiffel Tower
An Islamic State (IS)-aligned group threatened France in a poster depicting a fighter monitoring the Eiffel Tower.
- IS Supporter Incites Lone Wolves to Ignite a "Baghuz" in Chicago, Moscow, and Paris
An Islamic State (IS) supporter incited lone wolves in the "land of the disbelievers" to ignite a "Baghuz" in Chicago, Moscow, and Paris.
- Depicting Paris in Flames, IS-aligned Group Reminds of Former IS Spokesman's Prayer for God's Wrath on Enemy
An Islamic State (IS)-aligned group depicted Paris in flames in reminding of former IS spokesman Abu Muhammad al-'Adnani's prayer for God's wrath on the enemy.
- IS-aligned Group Portrays Marseille Knife Attack as IS Inspired
An Islamic State (IS)-aligned group portrayed the knife attack in Marseille, France, as IS inspired and warned of additional strikes.
Muntasir Media published a poster on Telegram on February 19, 2019, the same day as a man wounded three people with a knife in the city's Canebière area, showing media photos of the aftermath, and Arabic, English, and French text reading:
Your Results And we have more insha-allah
Die in your rage!
- Graphic from IS-Linked Group Incites Attacks in Paris
An Islamic State (IS/ISIS)-linked media group disseminated a poster urging lone wolf attacks in Paris, France.
- IS-linked Group Urges French People to End Economic and Human Costs of War
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group urged the French people to end the economic and human costs of its war against the IS and not be "victim" of their "stupid government".
- Suggesting Attack During "Yellow Vest" Protests in France, IS Supporter Advises How to Conceal Weapon
Suggesting that lone-wolf jihadists capitalize on the "Yellow Vest" protests in France, an Islamic State (IS) supporter advised how they can conceal a weapon.
- Using Strasbourg Attack as Example, IS-aligned Group Incites Lone Wolves to Strike France in Video
Using the December 11, 2018, Islamic State (IS)-inspired attack in Strasbourg, France, as an example, an IS-aligned group released a video inciting lone wolves to mount operations in the country.
- IS-aligned Group Uses Photo of Hotel in French Riviera to Threaten Coming Attacks
An Islamic State (IS)-aligned group used a manipulated image of fighters standing outside a hotel in the French Riviera to threaten coming attacks. Hadm al-Aswar (Demolish the Fences) Foundation published the graphic on Telegram on January 7, 2019.
- IS-aligned French Group Incites for Attacks, Portrays French Austerity Measures as Consequence of War
A nascent Islamic State (IS)-aligned French group incited supporters to mount attacks and portrayed the French austerity measures leading in part to the "Yellow Vest" protests as the "consequences of war".
- IS Supporters Distribute Call to Kill Families of French Soldiers
Islamic State (IS) supporters distributed a call to kill the families of French soldiers.
- IS-aligned French Group Promotes Jihad, Suggests Attack on National Assembly
Using cartoons and booklets, an Islamic State (IS)-aligned French group promoted jihad and suggested an attack on the National Assembly.
- 'Amaq Identifies Strasbourg Gunman as an IS "Soldier"
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency identified the shooter in Strasbourg, France, as a "soldier" of the group.
- AQIM Leader Addresses Yellow Vest Protests in France in Audio, Denies Killing of JNIM's Macina Official
Abu Musab Abdul Wadud, the leader of al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM), addressed the Yellow Vest protests in France, attributing the cause of the fuel taxes and other issues to French military spending abroad, and denying the killing of the Macina official in Jama'at Nusrat al-Islam wal Muslimeen (JNIM).
- Jihadi Poster Campaign Aimed at Lone Wolves Capitalizing on Paris Unrest Continues
Jihadists persist in publishing posters aimed at inciting lone wolves to capitalize on the Yellow Vest protests in Paris, France, and use the large gatherings and diverted security as an opportunity to attack.
- Eying French Unrest as Opportunity for Attacks, More IS-aligned Groups Participate in Incitement Campaign
Additional Islamic State (IS)-aligned groups and jihadists participated in the recent campaign to use the French unrest as an opportunity for attacks, publishing posters in Arabic, English, and French to inspire lone wolves.
- Jihadists Reiterate Call to Capitalize on Civil Unrest in Paris and Mount Attacks
As civil unrest continues in Paris, France, with violent protests for the third consecutive weekend, jihadists reiterated their call to lone wolves to capitalize on the situation and mount attacks.
- Two IS-aligned Groups Call Lone-Wolf Jihadists to Capitalize on Protests in Paris and Attack
Two Islamic State (IS)-aligned groups separately issued posters inciting lone-wolf jihadists to strike France, coming after violent protests in the capital, Paris.
- IS-aligned Group Claims Hacking Surveillance Cameras, Threatens Paris
An Islamic State (IS)-aligned group claimed hacking seven surveillance cameras, four of them in Israel, and separately threatened Paris, France.
The "Ansar Cyber Army" (Jaysh al-Ansar al-Elektroni) published a poster of its own design and that of a subsidiary, al-Irhab (Terror) Media Foundation, on Telegram on November 20, 2018.
In the poster regarding CCTV cameras, the group warned "we are watching you in your homes" and identified the locations and numbers of cameras:
4 inside the Jewish statelet 1 inside the home of the Crusaders 1 American forest 1 Greek cafe
The second poster shows an individual looking over Paris, with most of the cityscape covered by an obtrusive warning in Arabic and French stating: "Soon in Paris".
- IS-aligned Group Gives Biography of Alleged French Fighter who Voiced IS Chant
A foreign-fighter centric Islamic State (IS)-aligned group published a biography of an alleged French fighter who it claimed voiced chants produced by the IS.
- IS Supporter Advises on Lone-Wolf Tactics in Infographic Depicting Palais de Chaillot and Eiffel Tower
An Islamic State (IS) supporter advised on lone-wolf tactics in an infographic depicting the Palais de Chaillot and Eiffel Tower in Paris.
- London, Paris, Rome, Sydney, and Washington Threatened in Poster Collection by IS-aligned Group
An Islamic State (IS)-aligned group published a collection of posters threatening and inciting for attacks in London, Paris, Rome, Sydney, and Washington D.C..
- Pro-IS Media Groups Warn America, France, and Italy of Attacks
Pro-Islamic State (IS) media groups warned America, France, and Italy of attacks, depicting, for example, the IS flag in Venice and the Eiffel Tower collapsed in Paris.
- French IS-linked Group Urges Fighters to Obey Their Leaders
The French Islamic State (IS)-linked an-Nur Media Center urged fighters to obey their leaders, arguing that disobedience can ultimately lead to revolt.
- IS-linked Groups Warns of Drone Attacks in Poster Depicting Eiffel Tower
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group published a poster warning of drone attacks and depicting the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France, and a cityscape.
- French IS-linked Group Publishes Essay Urging Supporters to Ignore Defeatists, Anticipate Victory
A French Islamic State (IS)-linked group published an essay urging supporters and particularly those in areas where the IS operates, to ignore defeatists and anticipate victory.
- IS-linked Group Promote Lone-Wolf Attacks in Belgium, Canada, and France in Video
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group copied the format of al-Hayat's weekly statistical video of IS operations and applied it to lone-wolf attacks in Belgium, Canada, and France over the past four months.
- French IS-linked Group Stresses Faith in God as Sole Determinant of Victory
A French Islamic State (IS)-linked group stressed faith in God as the sole determinant of victory and encouraged fighters to possess a "desire for death".
- IS' al-Hayat Media Releases French Chant Promoting Patience Till Victory
Al-Hayat Media Center, the foreign language media division of the Islamic State (IS), released a French chant promoting patience till victory.
- 'Amaq Reports Paris Suburb Knife Attacker an IS Fighter
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported that the executor of the knife attack in Trappes, a suburb in western Paris, France, is an IS fighter.
- Al-Qaeda's Mali Branch Claims Attack on French Forces Before Malian Elections
The Mali-based al-Qaeda (AQ) branch, Nusrat al-Islam wal Muslimeen, claimed credit for attacking French and MINUSMA forces in Aguelhok before the Malian elections.
- NIM Leader Ag Ghaly Urges Malian Muslims Join it and Fight G5 Sahel and French Forces
Nusrat al-Islam wal Muslimeen (NIM) leader Iyad Ag Ghaley (AKA Abu al-Fadhil) addressed a speech to Malian Muslims, urging them to join the group and fight forces from G5 Sahel countries and France.
- Al-Qaeda's Mali Branch Warns Tribal Leaders from Allowing Tribesman to Join French Ally
Nusrat al-Islam wal Muslimeen (NIM), the Mali-based branch of al-Qaeda (AQ), warned tribal leaders from allowing their tribesman to join a French ally against fighters.
- French IS-linked Group Publishes Letter Advising Muslims in France How to Support IS
A French Islamic State (IS)-linked group published a letter advising Muslims in France how to support the IS despite living in a "land of disbelief" and under the watchful eye of enemy intelligence.
- Al-Qaeda's Mali Branch Vilifies France and Urges Muslims Join in Expelling it from Country
The Mali-based al-Qaeda (AQ) branch, Nusrat al-Islam wal Muslimeen (NIM), issued a statement regarding its April 2018 suicide attack at Timbuktu Airport and what allegedly followed of French criminality, vilifying France and urging Muslims to join in expelling its forces from the country.
- French Pro-AQ Group Incites Lone Wolves to Attack Russia
Again citing the May 2017 speech from al-Qaeda (AQ) official Hamza bin Laden, a French pro-AQ group incited lone wolves to attack Russia.
- NIM Issues Formal Communique for Suicide Bombing on French Forces in Gao
Nusrat al-Islam wal Muslimeen (NIM), the Mali-based branch of al-Qaeda (AQ), issued a formal communique claiming credit for the suicide bombing on French forces in Gao, and provided a photo of the bomber.
- Al-Qaeda's Mali Branch Reportedly Claims Suicide Bombing on French Forces in Gao and Calls it Message to Macron
The Mali-based al-Qaeda (AQ) branch, Nusrat al-Islam wal Muslimeen, reportedly claimed credit for the attack on French forces in Gao, identifying it as a suicide bombing and declaring it to be a message to French President Emmanuel Macron ahead of the African Union summit in Mauritania.
- Displaying a Knife and the Eiffel Tower, IS-linked Group Warns France
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group warned France if attacks to come in a poster displaying a knife-wielding man and the Eiffel Tower.
- French Pro-AQ Group Promotes Hamza bin Laden's Call to Lone Wolves
The French pro- al-Qaeda (AQ) media group al-Kifah published posters in three languages promoting AQ official Hamza bin Laden's May 2017 call to lone wolves in the West.
- French Pro-AQ Group Distributes Posters Urging Murder of Americans and Jews
The French pro- al-Qaeda (AQ) media group al-Kifah distributed posters in three languages urging the murder of Americans and Jews.
- IS-linked Group Says "Blood for Blood" in Justifying Paris Attack
After the Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency declared the Paris knife attacker to be a group "soldier," an IS-linked group published a poster justifying the incident as "blood for blood".
- 'Amaq Reports Paris Knife Attacker an IS "Soldier"
'Amaq News Agency reported that the man who stabbed five people in Paris, France, on May 12, 2018, is a "soldier of the Islamic State".
- AQIM Threatens Western Companies in North Africa and Sahel, Calls Muslims to Boycott
Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) threatened Western companies and enterprises operating in North Africa and the Sahel, especially those owned by French, and called on Muslims to boycott them.
- IS-linked French Group Tells Lone Wolves to "Choose Your Target" at 2018 FIFA World Cup
In its third poster threatening the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia, an Islamic State (IS)-linked French media group told lone wolves to "choose your target".
- Pro-AQ French Media Unit Calls for Lone-Wolf Attacks in Paris and Timbuktu
The pro- al-Qaeda (AQ) French media unit al-Kifah called on lone-wolves in France and Mali to carry out attacks on soldiers.
- IS Supporters Distribute Posters Promoting Trèbes Attack as "Just Terror"
Islamic State (IS) supporters distributed Arabic and English posters promoting the IS-inspired attack in Trèbes, France, as "just terror," and warning of and inciting for more lone-wolf strikes.
- IS Supporters Wage Coordinated Celebratory Online Campaign for Trebes, France Attack
Islamic State (IS) supporters launched a coordinated online campaign for a reportedly IS-pledged gunman’s hostage-taking operation at a supermarket in Trebes, France.
- IS' 'Amaq Reports Trèbes Attacker a "Soldier" of the Group
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported that the perpetrator of the hostage-taking incident at a supermarket in Trèbes, France, was a "solider" of the group.
- IS Supporting Group Calls Muslims to Follow Example of Paris Attackers
An Islamic State (IS) supporting group called on Muslims to follow the example of the November 2015 Paris attackers and mount strikes in the West.
- Pro-IS French Group Attempts to Shame Men to Act by Citing Woman in IS Battle Footage
A pro-Islamic State (IS) French media group attempted to shame men to act by citing the footage of a woman engaged in battle from an IS video production.
- Al-Qaeda Leader Zawahiri Urges North African Muslims Fight Against French
Al-Qaeda (AQ) leader Ayman al-Zawahiri urged North African Muslims to fight against French soldiers, who he clams have returned to the region to occupy their lands and kill their brethren.
- Francophone IS Supporters Launch Magazine to Counter French Media
Francophone Islamic State (IS) supporters launched a magazine to counter what they see as an anti-Islam bias in the French media, where in one article they urged French rapper Maître Gims to eschew celebrity and truly embrace Islam.
- Jihadist Reports Deaths of French IS Fighter, Executor of Purported Mossad Spy in March 2015 IS Video
A jihadist reported the death of French Islamic State (IS) fighter and his young relative who had executed a purported Palestinian Mossad spy in a March 2015 IS video.
- Al-Qaeda's Mali Branch Claims Jan. 27 Raid on Malian Army Base in Soumpi, Attacks on French and MINUSMA Forces
The Mali-based branch of al-Qaeda (AQ), Nusrat al-Islam wal Muslimeen (NIM), claimed credit for the January 27, 2018, raid on the Malian army base in the town of Soumpi in Timbuktu region, and provided photos of the captured war spoils, and also took responsibility for attacks on French and MINUSMA forces.
- Fifth Issue of Pro-IS "Anfal" Features Threat to Paris, IS Operation Statistics for Past Month
The pro-Islamic State (IS) Dera' al-Sunni Foundation released the fifth issue of its "Anfal" magazine, featuring a poster threatening Paris, and another graphic presenting statistics of IS operations in Afghanistan, Egypt, Iraq, and Syria in the past month.
- Pro-IS Jihadists Continue Incitement Campaign, Tell Muslims in West that Knife is "Medicine"
Islamic State (IS) supporters continued their "Hunt Them" incitement campaign directed at Muslims in the West, with some posters portraying their situation among non-Muslims as a disease and a knife as "medicine" to cure themselves.
- After Christmas, IS Supporters Threaten Attacks On New Year's Eve
Following their flood of posters inciting for and threatening attacks in the West during Christmas, Islamic State (IS) supporters have begun to do the same for New Year's Eve.
- IS Supporters Incite Holiday Attacks, Threaten with English, French, and German Posters
With the arrival of Christmas and the approach of New Year's Eve, Islamic State (IS) supporters continue to incite lone-wolf jihadists to act and threaten attacks, publishing posters in English, French, and German.
- Threatening Pro-IS Posters Incite for Attacks During Holiday Season, Show New York and Paris
Pro-Islamic State (IS) Telegram accounts continued to circulate threatening posters inciting for lone-wolf attacks on those celebrating the holiday season, releasing five within two days.
- IS Supporter Produces "Christmas Hell" Video Threatening Attacks in West
After publishing a series of posters threatening attacks in the West, including America, Britain, and France, an Islamic State (IS) supporter produced a video he called "Christas Hell," reiterating the same warnings.
- IS Supporter Dismisses Concrete Barriers as Method to Prevent Attacks on Christmas Markets
An Islamic State (IS) supporter dismissed the measure taken by European security agencies of placing concrete barriers outside Christmas markets to prevent vehicular attacks similar to that in Berlin, Germany, in December 2016.
- IS Supporters Threaten Holiday Attacks in Amsterdam, London, and Paris
As pro-Islamic State (IS) media groups and jihadists publish posters threatening attacks during the holiday season in America and Europe, two more supporters designed their own graphics, specifying Christmas operations in London and Paris, and New Year's Day in Amsterdam.
- IS Claims Bomb Placement in Charles de Gaulle Airport Leading to Evacuation
The Islamic State (IS) claimed that a “security detachment” planted explosive devices in Charles de Gaulle Airport in Paris, France, causing its evacuation.
- Jihadi Media Group Gives Bio of Slain French AQ Explosives Expert David Drugeon
The jihadi media group al-Fursan published a biography of David Drugeon (AKA Abu Hamza al-Jaza’iri, Salman al-Faransi), a French al-Qaeda (AQ) explosives expert killed in an airstrike in Aleppo, Syria, in July 2015.
- Pro-AQ Group Specialized in French Translations Established
A pro- al-Qaeda (AQ) media group specialized in French translations of media from AQ and its branches in Mali, North Africa, Somalia, and Yemen announced its establishment.
- AQAP Dedicates Inspire 17 to Train Derailment - Economic Impact, Derail Tool Construction, U.S. Passenger Train Routes
Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) dedicated the 17th issue of its Inspire Magazine to train derailment and impacting the transportation sector, reviewing the economic impact, giving designs and instructions for fabricating a derail tool, and providing major passenger train routes in the United States.
- Al-Qaeda’s Branch in Mali Claims Attacks on Burkinabe and Malian Forces in Border Area, Strike on French Convoy
The Mali-based al-Qaeda branch, Nusrat al-Islam wal Muslimeen (NIM), claimed two attacks in the border area between Burkina Faso and Mali, one striking Burkinabe soldiers and the other Malian, as well as bombing a French military convoy near Kidal.
- Pro-IS Telegram Channel Encourages Attacks in Australia and France in Reaction to Security News
Addressing lone-wolf jihadists, a pro-Islamic State (IS) Telegram channel encouraged them to act and capitalize on disputes in France over defense budget cuts, and the Australian military being granted greater power to respond during terror attacks.
- IS Claims Credit for Ramadan Attacks in Paris and Brussels, Calls to Strike Western Economies and Kidnap Children
In the 11th issue of its Rumiyah magazine, the Islamic State (IS) for the first time claimed credit for the June 19, 2017, attack in Paris, France, and the bombing in Brussels, Belgium, the following day, and called to strike Western economies, to kidnap children, and to kill a German national.
- French-Writing Jihadi Says European Non-Muslims “Want another Attack”
After commenting on alleged threats to Muslims, a user on a French-language jihadist Telegram chat group expressed hope for retaliatory attacks with a focus on Paris and London.
- Iranian, Russian, Turkish, and Turkmen Children Execute Prisoners in Grisly IS Video, Call for Attacks
Al-Jazeera Province of the Islamic State (IS) in Iraq released a grisly video featuring Iranian, Russian, Turkish, and Turkmen children brutally executing prisoners and calling for and threatening attacks in their native lands and the West.
- IS Supporters Disseminate Image Threatening Paris with “Explosions”
Islamic State (IS) supporters disseminated an image threatening attacks on Paris, warning, “Wait for the explosions.”
- Pro-IS Group Calls to Poison “Crusaders” in Western Countries
After calling on lone wolves in Western countries to execute knife and vehicular attacks in Western countries, the pro-Islamic State (IS) Nashir News Agency urged them to poison “Crusaders”.
- IS Supporters Suggest Lone Wolves Attack Remote Areas in France and West in General, Set Forest Fires, Derail Trains
Islamic State (IS) supporters suggested lone wolves in France and the West in general attack remote areas and set forest fires to deter the enemy from harming Muslims.
- Alleged IS Fighters in France Demand People Pressure Government to End Anti-IS Campaign or Face Attacks
A message attributed to Islamic State (IS) fighters in France demanded the French people to pressure their government to end its role in the anti-IS coalition and “oppression of Muslims,” or be held accountable for its actions and be subject to attacks.
- Pro-IS Jihadists Discuss Disneyland Paris as Possible Lone-Wolf Target
Pro-Islamic State (IS) jihadists discussed Disneyland Paris as a possible target for lone wolves, with some mockingly suggesting that fighters give a “reception” to visitors to the theme park.
- AQIM Official Remarks on French President’s Speech in Mali, Reiterates Call to Lone Wolves to Mobilize in France
An official in al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) published an article in a digital newspaper linked to the group’s counterpart in Yemen, al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), remarking on the speech given by French President Emmanuel Macron in Gao, Mali, and reiterating a call to lone wolves to mobilize in France.
- French-Language Jihadi Chat Users Suggest Migration to Syria Via Jordan
Users on a Telegram French-language jihadist chat group discussed potential migration routes to Raqqa, Syria, suggesting traveling via Jordan.
- Users on French-Language Jihadi Chat Group Discuss Prospect of Future Attacks
Users on a Telegram French-language jihadist chat group discussed the prospect of future terrorist attacks, urging “discretion and patience” within the community.
- Pro-IS Telegram Channel Condemns “Pig” Macron, Calls for Terror Attacks in France
A pro-Islamic State (IS) Telegram channel dedicated to inciting lone wolves called for attacks in France in response to President-elect Emmanuel Macron’s willingness to fight terror at home and abroad.
- Pro-IS Images Demand Muslims not Participate in French Election, Call for Attacks
Islamic State (IS) supporters disseminated French-language artwork demanding that Muslims not participate in the 2017 French Presidential Election, insisting instead that they carry out attacks.
- French Edition of IS’ Rumiyah 9 Calls for Attacks on Politicians, Voters, and Staffers ahead of May 7 Election
In the French edition of the ninth issue of its “Rumiyah” magazine, the Islamic State (IS) called for attacks on politicians, voters, and polling staff ahead of France’s May 7 run-off election.
- AQIM Official Vilifies France in AQAP-Affiliated Newspaper, Incites for Lone-Wolf Attacks
Al-Masra, a digital newspaper linked to al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), published an article from an al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) official vilifying France for its military and political roles in Mali, and inciting for lone-wolf attacks.
- Francophone Jihadist Advises Potential Migrants on Preparations for Journey to Syria
A French-language jihadist addressed potential migrants to Syria, advising on how to prepare for their journey, including to remain discreet, sell items on Ebay, bring a portable charger, and be wary of online recruiters.
- Jihadists React to Champs-Élysées Shooting, Threaten “Worse” Attacks in France
Jihadist on social media criticized France following the April 20, 2017 shooting of police officers on Champs-Élysées, Paris, noting it took place just days before the country’s presidential election, and threatening “what is to come is worse.”
- ‘Amaq Claims Champs-Élysées Shooter an “Islamic State Fighter,” Identifies Attacker as Belgian
The Islamic State’s (IS) ‘Amaq News Agency reported that the Champs-Élysées shooter is an “Islamic State fighter” and identified him as Belgian.
- Jihadists on Social Media Describe MOAB Bombing as a “Joke,” Assign Blame, Incite for Violence in U.S. and Saudi Arabia
Jihadists on social media reacted to America’s dropping of a “Massive Ordnance Air Blast” (MOAB), a 10,300 kg bomb, on what was described as an Islamic State (IS) tunnel complex in Nangarhar, calling it a “joke,” assigning blame, and inciting for revenge attacks in the U.S. and Saudi Arabia.
- French-Language Jihadist Chatroom Members Praise Recent Attacks as “Good Start” toward “Carnage” in Europe
Users on a French-language jihadist chat group called recent terror attacks in Europe “a good start” toward impending “carnage” between Muslims and non-Muslims on the continent, and incited for more.
- IS Claims Suicide Bombing by French Fighter on PKK, East of Tabqa
The Islamic State’s (IS) ar-Raqqah Province claimed killing and wounding 16 PKK elements in a suicide bombing by a French fighter, east own the city of Tabqa.
- AQ’s Nusrat al-Islam was Muslimeen Claims Rocket Attack on French Military Base in Tessalit
The al-Qaeda (AQ)-affiliated Nusrat al-Islam was Muslimeen claimed a rocket attack on a French military base in Tessalit.
- AQIM Memorializes Slain Commander Abu al-Noor al-Andalusi in Video
The Sahara division of al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) released a video memorializing Abu al-Noor al-Andalusi, a commander from the Spanish enclave of Melilla who was killed in a raid by French commandos in Mali in March 2016.