- Al-Qaeda Central Calls for Support to Uyghurs in Western China, Praises TIP
Al-Qaeda Central (AQC) called Muslims to support their Uyghur brethren in Xinjiang, China, or what is known as "East Turkistan," and praised the Turkistan Islamic Party (TIP).
- IS Incites Uyghur Muslims to Fight Chinese Government, Muslims Elsewhere to Target Chinese Nationals and Economic Interests
The Islamic State (IS) incited Uyghur Muslims to fight the Chinese government domestically and for Muslims elsewhere to target Chinese nationals and economic interests.
- IS Supporter Calls to Kill Chinese in Defense of Islam and Uyghurs
A Kashmir-focused Islamic State (IS) supporter called on lone wolves to kill Chinese in defense of Islam and Uyghurs.
- IS Claims Dual Suicide Bombing Near Hajin by Algerian and Uyghur Fighters, Bringing Single Day Total to 4 Bombers
The Islamic State (IS) claimed a dual suicide bombing involving Algerian and Uyghur fighters near Hajin, bringing the single day total of bombers in that area to four.
- Filipino IS Operative Declares Battle Continues, Threatens U.S., Australia, China, and India
A message attributed to a Filipino Islamic State (IS) operative who reported on events in Marawi in the past, declared that fighting in the Philippines is not over, and threatened revenge against America, Australia, Israel, and China.
- Former IMU Religious Scholar Promotes Uyghur Cause, Calls for Chinese Boycott and "Special Operations" on Chinese Interests
Abu Dher Azzam, a Burmese religious scholar who previously served as a mufti in the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan (IMU), released an audio speech for Eid al-Fitr promoting the cause of Uyghur Muslims in China while urging Muslims in general to boycott Chinese goods and fighters in particular to attack Chinese interests.
- IS Video Focuses on Elderly Fighter Brainwashing Children to Become Suicide Bombers, Inciting Attacks in America, China, and Russia
The Islamic State (IS) released a video from its Khayr Province (Deir al-Zour) in Syria focusing on an elderly fighter brainwashing children to become suicide bombers and inciting Muslims outside the country, namely those in America, China, and Russia, to carry out attacks.
- Jihadist Demands Muslims Throughout East Asia Including Japan, Singapore, and South Korea, Rise Against Their Governments
A jihadist promoted jihad in Thailand while demanding that Muslims throughout East Asia including those in Japan, Singapore, and South Korea, rise against their governments and expand the “provinces” of the Islamic State (IS).
- ‘Amaq Reports IS Fighters Killed Two Chinese Nationals Held in Balochistan
The Islamic State’s (IS) ‘Amaq News Agency reported that group fighters killed two Chinese nationals who were being held in Balochistan province of Pakistan.
- Fursan al-Sham Gives Story Tracing Journey of Fighters from China to Syria
Fursan al-Sham, a jihadi media outlet operated by foreign fighters in Syria, published a story tracing the journey of Uyghur fighters from China to Syria.
- Jihadist Telegram Channel Requests German, Spanish, Other Language Translators for Outreach
A jihadist Telegram channel requested assistance from German, Spanish, French, Dutch, and other language translators for outreach material.
- Zawahiri Addresses Uyghur Muslims in Ninth Episode of “Islamic Spring”
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri addressed Muslims in the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region of northwestern China in the ninth episode of his “Islamic Spring” series, promoting their cause and urging them to have patience amidst the “long battle” with the “atheist Chinese occupiers”.
- IS Begins Releasing al-Bayan News Bulletins in Uyghur
Al-Bayan Radio of the Islamic State (IS) is now issuing its daily news bulletins in Uyghur, with the IS adding yet again to the languages in which its makes its propaganda available.
- IS’ al-Hayat Media Center Releases Bengali Chant “Story of a Mujahid”
Al-Hayat Media Center, the foreign language media division of the Islamic State (IS), released a Bengali chant entitled, “Story of a Mujahid”.
- TIP Releases Issue 18 of Islamic Turkistan Magazine
The Turkistan Islamic Party (TIP) released the 18th issue of its magazine, Islamic Turkistan, through the Global Islamic Media Front (GIMF).
- IS Identifies Chinese and Norwegian Hostages in Dabiq Issue 11
In the 11th issue of its English magazine “Dabiq,” the Islamic State (IS) identified Chinese and Norwegian hostages and gave a Telegram number for individuals to pay their ransoms.
- IS Fighter Threatens China for Fasting Ban
An alleged Islamic State (IS) fighter threatened China in response to its banning of Ramadan fasting in its Xinjiang province.
- TIP Leader Congratulates Attack in Hotan in Video
The Turkistan Islamic Party (TIP) released a visual speech from its leader, Abdul Haq Damollam, congratulating an attack in Zawa township of Hotan prefecture in China’s Xinjiang region, and calling on Uyghurs to either immigrate to jihadi battlefields or remain where they are and kill “Chinese infidels”.
- Uyghur-Speaking IS Suicide Bomber Calls Muslims to Pledge to Baghdadi in Posthumous Video
A Uyghur-speaking suicide bomber appeared in a posthumous video calling on Muslims and jihadi factions to pledge to Islamic State (IS) leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, and urging foreign fighters to travel to IS-held territories.
- IS Video Shows Interview with Elderly Turkistani Fighter Explaining Life in China
The Islamic State (IS) in Syria published a video showing an interview with an 80 year old fighter from Turkistan, in which he talks about his time before coming to Syria and his reason to join the IS, and shows his grandson, who threatens China.
- Afghan Taliban Denies Rumored Meeting with Peace Council in China
The Afghan Taliban “strongly rejected” rumors that a four-man delegation from its group met with Afghan government representatives for peace talks in China.
- TTP Jamat-ul-Ahrar Threatens Chinese Economic Interests in 9th Issue of Magazine
The Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) offshoot Jamat-ul-Ahrar threatened Chinese economic interests due to the government's reported persecution of Uyghur Muslims in Xinjiang province, and its assistance to Pakistan in mounting campaigns against fighters.
- TIP Claims Urumqi Bombing, Video Shows Briefcase Bomb
The Turkistan Islamic Party (TIP) claimed credit for the April 30, 2014, suicide bombings at a railway station in Urumqi in China's Xinjiang region, and showed in a video the construction of a briefcase bomb used in the attack.
- IMU Scholar Incites Uyghur Muslims Support TIP, Jihad in Burma
Burmese jihadi ideologue Abu Dher Azzam incited Uyghur Muslims to support the Turkistan Islamic Party (TIP) and jihad in Burma.
- TIP Commanders Speak on Kunming Knife Attack
The Turkistan Islamic Party (TIP) released a video focusing on the deadly knife attack at the Kunming railway station in Yunnan, China, on March 1, 2014, and called it an "expensive offer" to the Chinese government to reconsider its "cruel" policies in East Turkistan.
- TIP Video Shows Preparation of Gasoline Mine
The Turkistan Islamic Party (TIP) demonstrated how to prepare a gasoline mine in the twelfth episode of its weapons training video series, "Express Mail of the Mujahideen of Turkistan".
- Afghan Taliban Comments on Neighboring States' Concerns, Loya Jirga; Publishes Article on Drones
The Afghan Taliban rejected concerns from states neighboring Afghanistan that the withdrawal of American forces will threaten stability in the region, and condemned the Loyal Jirga that was convened over a government security pact with the U.S..
- TIP Leader Speaks on Suicide Attack at Tiananmen Square
The Turkistan Islamic Party (TIP) released a Uyghur audio speech from its leader, Abdullah Mansour, calling the October 28, 2013, incident at Tiananmen Square in Beijing a "jihadi operation" and its executors "mujahideen".
- TIP Releases 13th Issue of "Islamic Turkistan" Magazine
The Turkistan Islamic Party (TIP) released the 13th issue of its Arabic e-magazine "Islamic Turkistan," and in its introduction, incited against Chinese President Xi Jinping, charging that he will be no different to Uyghurs than his predecessor.
- TIP Claims Attack in Kashgar Killing 15, Incites for Jihad
The Turkistan Islamic Party (TIP) claimed responsibility for the April 23, 2013, attack in the city of Kashgar of China's Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region in which 15 community workers and police officers were killed.
- TIP Releases Posthumous Video of Husainan Promoting Jihad, Patience
The Turkistan Islamic Party (TIP) released a posthumous video of al-Qaeda religious scholar Khalid bin Abdul Rahman al-Husainan promoting jihad and patience to Uyghur Muslims in Xinjiang province of China.
- Jihadist Group Interviews al-Muhajireen Brigade in Syria Representative
The "Islamic News Agency - Haq," a division of the jihadist research center Dawa'at al-Haq Foundation for Studies and Research, interviewed a representative of the al-Muhajireen Brigade (Emigrants Brigade) about the group's foundation and jihadi activities in Syria.
- Husainan Appears Posthumously in TIP Video, Urges Support for Uyghurs
Khalid bin Abdul Rahman al-Husainan, a now-deceased al-Qaeda religious scholar, urged Muslims to support Uyghurs in Xinjiang province of China, in a posthumous lecture featured in a video by the Turkistan Islamic Party (TIP).
- IMU Scholar Promotes Support to Burmese Muslims, Incites for Attacks
The Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan (IMU) released an audio speech from one of its scholars, Abu Dher Azzam AKA Abu Dher al-Burmi, raising the issue of Rohingya Muslims in Burma and inciting for attacks against those countries he claims supports the massacres against them, namely, Burma, China and Germany.
- TIP Video Shows Education, Military Training of Children
The Turkistan Islamic Party (TIP) showed the religious education and military training of children in its camps in the fifth episode in its video series "The Travels of the Believers."
- TIP Video Shows Operations, Training of Male and Female Fighters
The Turkistan Islamic Party (TIP) released the fourth episode in its video series "The Travels of the Believers," showing military operations and training exercises of its male and female fighters.
- TIP Releases 11th Issue of "Islamic Turkistan" Magazine
The Turkistan Islamic Party (TIP) released the eleventh issue of its Arabic-language e-magazine, "Islamic Turkistan," on jihadist forums on October 13, 2012.
- TIP Fighter Advises Muslims in Xinjiang about Chinese Deception
The Turkistan Islamic Party (TIP) released a video of a fighter advising Muslims in Xinjiang province (East Turkistan) to beware China's alleged tricks to make them abandon their Islam.