- In IS Video Presenting Slain Fighters in Somalia, Somali-Canadian Doctor Calls for Medical Professionals to Join Group
The Islamic State (IS) released a video from its "Somalia Province" on slain fighters, featuring a posthumous clip of an English-speaking Somali-Canadian doctor calling for medical professionals to travel to and join the group.
- IS-Aligned Group Gives Biography of Alleged Canadian Hacker of U.S. CENTCOM Twitter Account
A foreign fighter-centric Islamic State (IS)-aligned group published a biography of an alleged Canadian who it claimed is behind the January 2015 hacking of the Twitter account of U.S. CENTCOM.
- IS-linked Group Promote Lone-Wolf Attacks in Belgium, Canada, and France in Video
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group copied the format of al-Hayat's weekly statistical video of IS operations and applied it to lone-wolf attacks in Belgium, Canada, and France over the past four months.
- Pro-IS Group Gives Biography of Slain Canadian-Pakistani Fighter "Abu al-Zubayr al-Kanadi"
A foreign fighter-centric pro-Islamic State (IS) group gave a biography for a slain Canadian-Pakistani IS member it identified as "Abu al-Zubayr al-Kanadi".
- IS-linked Group Urges Lone Wolves to Follow Example of Toronto Shooter
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group urged lone wolves to follow the example of the Toronto shooter and mount attacks in the West.
- 'Amaq Reports Toronto Shooter a "Soldier of the Islamic State"
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported that the shooter in the recent attack in Toronto, Canada, was a "soldier of the Islamic State".
- IS-linked Groups Threaten Random Attacks in Western Cities, Poster Shows Explosion in Vancouver
Islamic State (IS)-linked groups threatened random attacks in the cities of Western countries, with one depicting an explosion on a city street in Vancouver, British Columbia in Canada.
- Canadian Shabaab Fighter Threatens Kenyan Civilians in Posthumous Video
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda’s (AQ) branch in Somalia, released a posthumous video of Canadian fighter Mahad Ali Dhore (AKA Farhan) threatening Kenya and calling his counterparts in the country to kill both soldiers and civilians.
- Pro-IS Group Calls to Poison “Crusaders” in Western Countries
After calling on lone wolves in Western countries to execute knife and vehicular attacks in Western countries, the pro-Islamic State (IS) Nashir News Agency urged them to poison “Crusaders”.
- IS Releases Photo of Slain Fighter, Possibly Canadian
IS released a photo in its “Caravans_of_Martyrs” reports, showing a slain fighter identified as Abu Suleiman al-Kindi [Kanadi], a possible designation for a Canadian.
- IS Claims Suicide Bombing by Alleged Canadian Fighter in Mosul
The Islamic State (IS) claimed a suicide bombing by an alleged Canadian fighter in Mosul.
- Afghan Taliban Correspondent Says “Reported Undergoing Negotiations” Regarding Captive American-Canadian Couple
An Afghan Taliban correspondent claimed that there are “reported undergoing negotiations” to release an American-Canadian couple and their two children in the form of a prisoner swap.
- Pro-IS Media Group Warns Russia of Future Attacks
Echoing its warnings to Canada after the attempted suicide bombing by Aaron Driver in Ontario, the pro-Islamic State (IS) al-Wa'd Foundation published posters with similar messages to Russia after the attack on police near Moscow.
- Pro-IS Media Group Warns Canada of Future Lone-Wolf Attacks
The pro-Islamic State (IS) al-Wa'd Foundation published two posters warning of future lone-wolf attacks in Canada.
- IS Portrays Aaron Driver Attack in Canada as Success, Reports Enemy Losses in Sirte in al-Naba Infographic
The Islamic State (IS) portrayed the attempted suicide bombing by Aaron Driver in Ontario, Canada, as a success in its al-Naba newspaper, and reported in an infographic on losses to the enemy amidst attempts to retake the Libyan city of Sirte.
- IS Identifies Aaron Driver as the "Soldier" who Attempted Suicide Bombing in Canada in its al-Bayan Radio News Bulletin
In its al-Bayan Radio news bulletin, the Islamic State (IS) identified Aaron Driver as the "soldier" of the IS who attempted a suicide bombing in Ottawa, Canada.
- IS' 'Amaq Agency Calls Canadian Bomber Aaron Driver a "Soldier" of IS
Referring to Aaron Driver and his attempted suicide bombing in Ottawa, Canada, 'Amaq News Agency of the Islamic State (IS) dubbed him a "soldier" of the IS.
- IS Highlights Fighters who Converted to Islam in Dabiq 15, Calls Lone Wolves to Strike
The Islamic State (IS) released the 15th issue of its English magazine, “Dabiq,” calling Western non-Muslims to Islam and highlighting American, Canadian, Finnish, and Trinidadian fighters who converted, and also calling on lone wolves to strike.
- German Pro-IS Telegram Channel Threatens Attacks “All Over the World” Following Attack in Nice
In the wake of the attack in Nice, France, a German-language pro-Islamic State (IS) Telegram channel threatened that “faithful lions” will “terrorize the disbelievers in Europe, in the USA, Canada, Australia, and all over the world” in retaliation for the coalition bombings in Syria and Iraq.
- Pro-IS Group Distributes Posters Inciting Attacks on Gay Pride Events
Al-Thabaat ("Constancy") Media Foundation, a pro-Islamic State (IS) group, distributed five posters inciting for lone-wolf attacks, two of which suggest targeting gay pride events.
- IS Identifies Belgium Attackers in Dabiq 14, Names "Imams of Kufr" to Kill in West
In the 14th issue of its English magazine "Dabiq," the Islamic State (IS) identified the four men behind the March 2016 Brussels attacks, named "imams of kufr [disbelief]" to kill in the West, and interviewed its official in Bangladesh.
- Son of Former Ottawa Cleric Reportedly Killed in Benghazi
A son of a former imam from Ottawa, Canada, was reportedly killed during clashes in the Libyan city of Benghazi.
- Canadian Shabaab Fighter Calls Muslims in West to Immigrate for Jihad in Posthumous Video
A Canadian fighter in the Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement who participated in the suicide raid at the Somali Supreme Court complex in April 2013, is featured posthumously in a Shabaab video calling on Muslims in the West to travel to and join jihadi battlefields.
- Radical Canadian Cleric to Egyptian Revolutionaries: “No Victory except by Jihad”
A radical Canadian cleric provided a list of advice for the “Revolutionaries of Egypt,” pushing for violent jihad against the Egyptian government.
- Afghan Taliban Releases Canadian Hostage Held Since 2010
The Afghan Taliban announced the release of Canadian national Colin McKenzie Rutherford, and attributed the development to “humanitarian sympathy” and “sublime Islamic ethics,” with mediation by Qatar.
- Canadian Elections Seen as Highly Consequential to Jihadists
The recent electoral victory of Justin Trudeau's Liberal party in Canada, and consequential defeat of Conservative Prime Minister Stephen Harper, has attracted much attention from jihadists on Twitter.
- IS Fighter Calls for Allegiance from African Americans, Lone Wolf Attacks in West
An alleged Islamic State (IS) fighter called for lone wolf attacks in the West and for African American communities to pledge to the group.
- Pro-IS Media Group Rabitat al-Ansar Leaks Alleged Emails, Phone Numbers of Americans, Canadians, and Others
Rabitat al-Ansar, a pro-Islamic State (IS) jihadi media group, leaked alleged emails and phone numbers of 400 Americans, Canadians, and others from the East and West, claiming that they are part of a larger data set obtained by its hacking team.
- British IS Fighter Echoes IS Spokesman’s Calls for Lone Wolf Attacks, Proposes Targets
An alleged British fighter with the Islamic State (IS) echoed IS spokesman Abu Muhammad al-'Adnani's January 26, 2015 speech, entitled, "Say, 'Die in Your Rage!'," wherein he called for lone wolf attacks in Western countries.
- Shabaab Video on Attacks on Somali Court and Parliament Features American and Canadian Fighters
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement released a video on its suicide raids at the Somali Supreme Court complex in April 2013 and the Somali parliament building in May 2014, featuring clips of American and Canadian fighters.
- Jihadist Incites for Lone-Wolf Attacks in Churches and Hotels in U.S., Canada, and Europe
A jihadist incited Muslims in the United States, Canada, and Europe to carry out lone-wolf attacks in churches and hotels, and follow the example of the recent stabbing and vehicular attack in France.
- “AQ Chef” Advises Lone Wolves, Threatens Civil Aviation in Interview in Inspire 13
In the 13th issue of “Inspire,” a representative of the magazine interviewed the “AQ Chef,” the author of the “Open Source Jihad” articles since the inception of the publication, discussing lone wolf operations and the manual to make a bomb similar to that of Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab.
- Canadian IS Fighter Echoes Recent Call for Lone Wolf Attacks in Canada
A Canadian Islamic State (IS) fighter echoed a recent IS-released video's call for attacks within Canada, and offered justification for any such action.
- Canadian IS Fighter Calls Countrymen to Execute Lone-Wolf Attacks or Travel to Join Group
The Islamic State (IS) released a video from a Canadian fighter identified as “Abu Anwar al-Canadi” calling upon his fellow Muslim countrymen to carry out lone-wolf attacks and take Martin 'Ahmad' Rouleau as an example, who travel to join the ranks of the group.
- Female Jihadist Posts Pictures of American, British, Canadian, Australian Passports to be Burned
A female jihadist allegedly living under the Islamic State (IS) posted a picture to Twitter of four passports from the UK, America, Australia, and Canada, which she claimed were going to be burned.
- IS Releases 5th Issue of English Magazine “Dabiq”
The Islamic State (IS) released the fifth issue of its English magazine “Dabiq,” focusing on the coordinated pledges from jihadi groups in Algeria, Libya, Sinai, Saudi Arabia, and Yemen, and featuring a message attributed to British captive John Cantlie discussing the recent attacks in Australia, Canada, and the U.S., as well as musing what he would do as American President.
- Islamic State Fighter Calls for Domestic Attacks, Mentions Quebec
A Canadian Islamic State (IS) fighter renewed his calls for domestic attacks in a tweet inciting IS supporters to perform attacks in their own countries.
- Western Jihadist Claims Assisting Fighter in Entering Syria, Details IS Emigration Necessities
A Canadian IS fighter in Syria answered emigration-focused questions on November 12, 2014, claiming in one answer that he had assisted a fighter in entering Syria.
- Jihadists Continue Commentary on Ottawa Shooting, Call for More Attacks
As news of the hit-and-run attack by Martin Rouleau and shooting by Michael Zehaf-Bibeau (and possible unidentified accomplices) in Canada has reached across the globe, the online jihadist community has erupted in celebration and commentary.
- Canadian, Foreign Jihadists Comment on Attacks in Canada, Call for Further Attacks
Two attacks in Canada within the span of three days—one in the form of a hit-and-run by suspected jihadist Martin Rouleau on October 20 in Quebec, and another by multiple unidentified shooters on October 22 on Parliament Hill in Ottowa—has prompted claims of justice by jihadists online.
- Canadian Jihadist Calls for Attacks on Canada
An Islamic-converted Islamic State (IS) fighter claiming to be from Canada urged for attacks in his homeland, asserting that Canada a whole is involved in attacking IS, therefore making it "permissible to retaliate in a like manner."
- Canadian Fighter Urges Muslims to Travel to Syria in Posthumous IS Video
The Islamic State (IS) released a posthumous video from a Canadian fighter urging fellow Muslims to come to Syria with their families and participate in jihad.
- English-Speaking ISIL Fighter Threatens America, Canada
An unidentified English-speaking fighter in the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) addressed a message to Canada and all the American "tyrants," threatening that the fighters are coming for them.
- Death of Canadian Fighter in Syria Announced
An alleged jihadi fighting in Syria announced that a Canadian convert, Damian Clairmont, has been killed by the Free Syrian Army.