- Foreign Fighter-Centric Group Eulogizes Belgian IS Fighter, Former Footballer
Al-Muhajireen Foundation, an Islamic State (IS)-aligned foreign fighter-centric group, published a biography for a slain Belgian fighter who was a former footballer in Germany.
- Pro-IS Newspaper "Liwa al-Ansar" Warns Group "Will Burn the Lands of the Cross"
The editors of the pro-Islamic State (IS) "Liwa' al-Ansar" (Brigade of the Supporters) newspaper warned that group fighters and those it inspires "will burn the lands of the Cross," naming the United States, Belgium, Britain, Canada, France, and Russia.
- Pro-IS Group Gives Biography of Alleged Belgian Blogger, Recruiter
A foreign fighter-centric pro-Islamic State (IS) group gave a biography for an alleged Belgian blogger and recruiter. Al-Muhajireen Foundation posted the biography of "Abu Ayyub al-Beljiki" on Telegram on February 4, 2019.
- Pro-IS Group Gives Biography of Alleged Teenage Belgian Sniper
A foreign fighter-centric pro-Islamic State (IS) group gave a biography for an alleged teenage Belgian sniper who was killed in a coalition airstrike in Deir al-Zour.
- IS-linked Group Promote Lone-Wolf Attacks in Belgium, Canada, and France in Video
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group copied the format of al-Hayat's weekly statistical video of IS operations and applied it to lone-wolf attacks in Belgium, Canada, and France over the past four months.
- IS Identifies Belgium Attacker as "Bakr al-Beljiki" in Naba 134 "Exclusive"
The Islamic State (IS) identified the perpetrator of the May 29, 2018, attack in Liege, Belgium, as "Bakr al-Beljiki" and provided other information in an "exclusive" in Naba 134.
- IS-linked Groups Promote Liège Attack, Threaten More Strikes in Belgium
Two Islamic State (IS)-linked media groups separately promoted the May 29, 2018, attack in Liège, and threatened more IS-inspired strikes in Belgium.
- 'Amaq Reports Belgium Attacker a "Soldier of the Islamic State"
'Amaq News Agency of the Islamic State (IS) reported that the attacker in Liege, Belgium, was from the "soldiers of the Islamic State".
- IS Threatens to Escalate Attacks in the West in Rumiyah 13
The Islamic State (IS) threatened in the 13th issue of Rumiyah magazine to escalate attacks against Western states participating in the coalition against it, and presented a story of an Australian woman’s travels to join her husband in the battlefield.
- 'Amaq Reports Brussels Knife Attacker is a 'Soldier of the Islamic State'
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported that the individual who stabbed two soldiers with a knife in Brussels, Belgium, is from the "soldiers of the Islamic State".
- IS Claims Credit for Ramadan Attacks in Paris and Brussels, Calls to Strike Western Economies and Kidnap Children
In the 11th issue of its Rumiyah magazine, the Islamic State (IS) for the first time claimed credit for the June 19, 2017, attack in Paris, France, and the bombing in Brussels, Belgium, the following day, and called to strike Western economies, to kidnap children, and to kill a German national.
- Jihadists React to Champs-Élysées Shooting, Threaten “Worse” Attacks in France
Jihadist on social media criticized France following the April 20, 2017 shooting of police officers on Champs-Élysées, Paris, noting it took place just days before the country’s presidential election, and threatening “what is to come is worse.”
- ‘Amaq Claims Champs-Élysées Shooter an “Islamic State Fighter,” Identifies Attacker as Belgian
The Islamic State’s (IS) ‘Amaq News Agency reported that the Champs-Élysées shooter is an “Islamic State fighter” and identified him as Belgian.
- Belgian IS Suicide Bomber Appeals to Muslims in Belgium, France, and Germany in Posthumous Video
A Belgian suicide bomber appealed to Muslims in Belgium, France, and Germany in a posthumous video released by the Islamic State (IS), calling on them not to fear death but to seek it.
- IS Mocks Foreign Intelligence Agencies, Executes Spies in Scene Reminiscent of a Slaughterhouse in Sickening Video
Al-Khayr Province, the division of the Islamic State (IS) for Deir al-Zour, Syria, released a grisly and sickening video in which fighters execute spies in a scene reminiscent of a slaughterhouse.
- Pro-IS Group Releases "Videographic" on "Most Important" Attacks by IS Fighters, Supporters on Coalition Citizens
The pro-Islamic State (IS) Granddaughters of 'Aisha Foundation released in Arabic, Dutch, English, and French, what it described as a "videographic" on the "most important" attacks by IS fighters and supporters on citizens of coalition countries.
- Pro-IS Media Group Calls on Muslims in U.S. and Europe to Rise Up, Carry Out Lone Wolf Attacks
Addressing Muslims in America and several European countries including Belgium, Denmark, France, Italy, and Spain, the pro-Islamic State (IS) al-Thabaat ("Constancy") Media Foundation urged they rise up and carry out lone wolf attacks against "disbelievers".
- Pro-IS Telegram Channel Incites for Attacks in Europe, Calls Belgium “Target for Islam”
A pro-Islamic State (IS) Telegram channel called for lone wolves to perform attacks in Europe, and specified Belgium as “a target of Islam.”
- IS Boasts Charleroi Machete Attack Came Despite Heightened Security, Claims Assassinating Balochistan Bar Assoc. Pres. in al-Naba
In its al-Naba newspaper, the Islamic State (IS) boasted that the machete attack carried out by an IS "soldier" in Charleroi, Belgium, came despite heightened security in the country, and claimed credit for the assassination of the Balochistan Bar Association president in Quetta in the morning prior to the suicide bombing.
- IS' 'Amaq Reports Charleroi Machete Attack Carried Out by IS "Soldier"
'Amaq News Agency of the Islamic State (IS) reported that the machete attack in Charleroi, Belgium, was carried out by an IS "soldier".
- IS’ ‘Amaq News Agency Infographic Lists “Important” Attacks in “Coalition Countries”
The Islamic State’s (IS) ‘Amaq News Agency released an infographic listing 11 of the “most important attacks” by alleged IS fighters with corresponding numbers of citizens killed in each location.
- Pro-IS Groups Urge Supporters Become Attackers and Not Spectators
Pro-Islamic State (IS) groups urged supporters to carry out lone-wolf attacks against "disbelievers" and become executors rather than spectators.
- IS Affiliate Furat Media Publishes Will of Brussels Metro Bomber Khalid El Bakraoui
The Islamic State (IS)-affiliated Furat Media published a French-language will attributed to Khalid El Bakraoui (AKA Abu Walid al-Baljiki), who carried out the suicide bombing at the metro station in the March 2016 Brussels attack.
- Pro-IS al-Battar Media Video Promotes Nice Attack, States “Kill Them”
The pro-Islamic State (IS) media group, Al-Battar Media Foundation, released a video promoting the July 14, 2016 attack in Nice, France, as well as with other large scale attacks claimed by IS.
- IS French Video Chant Promotes Attacks in France and Belgium, Features Clips of Two Fighters Involved in Brussels Operation
The Islamic State (IS) released a French video chant promoting its attacks in France and Belgium, and featuring clips of two fighters involved in the March 2016 operation in Brussels.
- Jihadi Telegram Channel Calls for Attacks in Berlin and Brussels to “Paralyse” Europe Following British Referendum to Leave EU
A jihadi Telegram channel expressed joy for the economic impact and fracturing of the EU following the British referendum to leave the political-economic union, and called for attacks in Berlin and Brussels to “paralyse” Europe.
- IS Identifies Belgium Attackers in Dabiq 14, Names "Imams of Kufr" to Kill in West
In the 14th issue of its English magazine "Dabiq," the Islamic State (IS) identified the four men behind the March 2016 Brussels attacks, named "imams of kufr [disbelief]" to kill in the West, and interviewed its official in Bangladesh.
- Pro-IS Media Group Warns of Revenge on Coalition States in Arabic, French Posters
The pro-Islamic State (IS) Izzat al-Jihad Media Foundation published a series of posters in Arabic and French warning states involved in the anti-IS military coalition of revenge attacks like those in Paris and Brussels.
- Pro-IS Jihadists Distribute Graphics Inciting German Muslims to Copy Brussels Attacks in Germany
Pro-Islamic State (IS) jihadists distributed graphics inciting German Muslims to draw inspiration from the Brussels attacks and strike Germany, showing, for example, Cologne Bonn Airport.
- IS Urges Muslims to Find Inspiration in Brussels Attacks, Discusses in al-Naba a Reason for Operation
Continuing to promote the Brussels attacks, in the 24th issue of its al-Naba weekly newspaper, the Islamic State (IS) claimed that its executors destroyed the "illusion" of omniscience by enemy intelligence agencies, and urged Muslims to find inspiration in this to carry out their own strikes.
- IS Publicizes "Most Important Results" of Brussels Attacks in al-Naba Newspaper
A week after the Brussels attacks, the Islamic State (IS) published an infographic publicizing its "most important results" in the 24th issue of its al-Naba weekly newspaper.
- IS' al-Furat Province Portrays Brussels Attacks as "Eye for an Eye," Francophone Fighter Threatens
Al-Furat Province, a division of the Islamic State (IS) in Iraq's Anbar governorate, portrayed the Brussels attacks as "an eye for an eye," in a video in which a Francophone fighter held citizens of coalition states accountable for their governments' actions.
- Belgian IS Fighter in ar-Raqqah Justifies Brussels Attacks, Executes Spy for "Crusader Coalition"
A Belgian Islamic State (IS) fighter in the group's ar-Raqqah Province in Syria justified the Brussels attacks in a video and executed a spy for the "Crusader coalition".
- Pro-IS Media Group Threatens Belgium, Germany, and UK in Video
Al-Thabaat ("Constancy") Media Foundation, a pro-Islamic State (IS) jihadi media group, released a video threatening that IS supporters will "invade" Berlin, Brussels, and London.
- IS al-Bayan Provincial News Recaps for March 21-24, 2016
The Islamic State (IS) released the March 21-24, 2016, English edition of its al-Bayan provincial news bulletin, which included recaps of attacks in Iraq, Libya, Bangladesh, Belgium and Syria.
- Belgian IS Fighters in Ninawa Laud Brussels Attacks, Make Threats in Video
Two Belgian Islamic State (IS) fighters in the group's Ninawa Province lauded the Brussels attacks in a video, one of whom threatened that "this is just the beginning of your nightmare".
- Pro-IS Jihadist Warns UK Prime Minister David Cameron that London is Coming Target
The pro-Islamic State (IS) Wafa' Media Foundation published a message from a jihadist warning UK Prime Minister David Cameron that after Paris and Brussels, London is a target of the IS.
- Pro-IS al-Battar Media Defends Brussels Attacks in Video, Incites Supporters
Al-Battar Media Foundation, a pro-Islamic State (IS) media group, released a video defending the Brussels attacks and inciting supporters to wage jihad.
- Pro-IS Telegram Channel Advises “Brothers in Belgium” on OPSEC Strategies Following Brussels Attacks
A pro-Islamic State (IS) Telegram channel advised IS supporters, particularly those residing in Belgium, on Operations Security (OPSEC) and other technical strategies for avoiding apprehension by authorities following the attacks on Brussels.
- IS Supporters Coordinate Social Media Campaign for Brussels Attack
The Islamic State (IS) and its supporters coordinated a multi-pronged social media campaign in wake of IS’ claim of responsibility for the March 22, 2016 Brussels bombings.
- Pro-IS Recruiter Calls for Attacks “Anywhere,” Refers Belgian Prospects to Recruiter
An alleged American female Islamic State (IS) recruiter in Syria called on jihadists who cannot migrate to Syria, to fight in their native lands instead.
- Belgian IS Fighter in Aleppo Calls Muslims to Travel to “Caliphate,” Threatens West in Video
A Belgian Islamic State (IS) fighter in Aleppo, Syria, appeared in a video calling on Muslims to travel to and join IS-held areas within its “Caliphate,” and threatened Western states participating in the anti-IS coalition.
- Belgian, Algerian, and Tajik IS Fighters in Deir al-Zour Promote Paris Attacks, Call Upon Lone Wolves
Al-Khayr Province, the division of the Islamic State (IS) for Deir al-Zour, Syria, released a video featuring Belgian, Algerian, and Tajik fighters promoting the Paris attacks and calling upon lone wolves to emulate the actions of its perpetrators.
- Prominent Belgian IS Fighter Announced Dead by Twitter Users
Islamic State (IS)-associated accounts on Twitter announced the death of a prominent Belgian IS fighter known as “Abu Maria al-Beljiki.” Accounts began posting of Abu Maria’s purported death on August 18, 2015.That day, alleged IS fighter “Rassas” tweeted:
MAY Allah accept my brother Abu Maria Belgiki always wantd shahada very harsh on kuffar soft towards the mujahideen jannah wil meet my bro
“Ameer Wilayah,” an IS-supporter claiming to be in Somalia, tweeted of him:
Make dua for this Brother Abu Mariya that Allah accept him as shaheeed.
- French-Speaking IS Fighters Threaten France and Belgium, Call for Lone-Wolf Attacks in Video
Two French-speaking fighters threatened France and Belgium and called for lone-wolf attacks in a video released by the Salah al-Din provincial division of the Islamic State (IS).
- IS Reports on School in ar-Raqqah, Interviews Belgian Child
The ar-Raqqah provincial division of the Islamic State (IS) released a video reporting on the "Imam al-Bukhari Institute" in Tal Abyad, and interviewed one of its students, a Belgian child.
- IS Releases 7th Issue of English Magazine “Dabiq,” Features Interviews with Hayat Boumediene, Abdel Hamid Abaaoud
The Islamic State (IS) released the seventh issue of its English magazine “Dabiq,” featuring among other articles, an interview with Hayat Boumediene (AKA Umm Basir al-Muhajirah), the wife of Paris gunman Amedy Coulibaly, after her “safe arrival” to IS-controlled territory.
- British IS Fighter Echoes IS Spokesman’s Calls for Lone Wolf Attacks, Proposes Targets
An alleged British fighter with the Islamic State (IS) echoed IS spokesman Abu Muhammad al-'Adnani's January 26, 2015 speech, entitled, "Say, 'Die in Your Rage!'," wherein he called for lone wolf attacks in Western countries.
- IS Beheads Peshmerga Element in Video, Threatens U.S., France, Belgium
The Ninawa provincial division of the Islamic State (IS) in Iraq released a video documenting the effects of the alleged poison gas attack by the Kurdish Peshmerga on civilians in Mosul, and showing the beheading of a Peshmerga element, and a fighter threatening the U.S., France, and Belgium.
- Jihadist Warns West of Inevitable Uprising of Muslims, Domestic Attacks
A jihadist warned the West that its "crimes" against Muslims and preventing them from traveling to Iraq and Syria to join the Islamic State (IS) will inevitably lead to a mass uprising against Western civilization and domestic attacks.
- Belgian, Dutch Jihadi Fighters Featured on Twitter
Several Dutch and Belgian jihadi fighters were shown and discussed in pictures and messages on Twitter, fighting alongside both the Islamic State (IS) and the al-Nusra Front (NF), the al-Qaeda branch in Syria.
- Shabaab Calls Brussels Conference on Somalia a "Belgian Waffle"
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement remarked on an international conference held in Brussels, Belgium, regarding reconstruction aid to Somalia, calling it meaningless and likening it to a Belgian waffle - "sweet on the outside but really has no much substance to it".
- Jihadists React to Alleged Police Assault on Muslim Woman in Belgium
Jihadists demanded retaliation for the alleged police assault on a Muslim woman in Brussels, Belgium for wearing a niqab (veil), with some calling for death and destruction.