- Pro-AQ Group Highlights Zawahiri's Words on Kashmir in Video
A pro- al-Qaeda (AQ) group produced a video highlighting Ayman al-Zawahiri's words on Kashmir, featuring images from Ansar Ghazwat-ul-Hind (AGH) and its al-Hurr Media.
- AQIM Promotes Zawahiri's Call to Support North African Fighters in Multiple Western Languages
Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) promoted a call made by AQ leader Ayman al-Zawahiri in his latest speech to support North African fighter, providing a translation of that excerpt in English, French, German, and Spanish.
- AQ Leader Zawahiri Advises How to "Confront" America on 17th Anniversary of 9/11
In its 17th anniversary production commemorating the 9/11 attacks, al-Qaeda (AQ) released a speech from its leader, Ayman al-Zawahiri, advising how to "confront" America.
- Groups Allegedly "Fulfill" Pledge to AQ Leader Zawahiri by Joining Hurras al-Deen
A jihadist distributed an announcement by six groups announcing their joining the Syria-based Hurras al-Deen as a means of "fulfilling" their pledge to al-Qaeda (AQ) leader Ayman al-Zawahiri.
The announcement lists the names of the six groups.
- AQ Leader Zawahiri Promotes Unity Among Muslims and Rejection of Division in Video Speech
Al-Qaeda (AQ) leader Ayman al-Zawahiri promoted unity among Muslims and rejection of division, considering these religiously mandated matters, in a video speech.
- AQ Leader Zawahiri Slams Hamas' "Document of General Principles and Policies," Urges Palestinians Reject "Traitors"
Al-Qaeda (AQ) leader Ayman al-Zawahiri slammed Hamas' charter that it published in May 2017, "A Document of General Principles and Policies," and urged Palestinians to reject "traitors" and embrace the jihadi methodology.
- AQ Leader Zawahiri Gives Eulogy for Former TTP Leader Fazlullah
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri gave a eulogy for former Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) leader Fazlullah Khorasani.
- AQ Leader Zawahiri Rallies Fighters and Muslims in East Africa to Establish a "Foundation for Islam and Jihad," Integrate into Global War
Al-Qaeda (AQ) leader Ayman al-Zawahiri rallied fighters and Muslim civilians alike in East Africa to establish a "foundation for Islam and jihad" and integrate into the global war being waged against the United States and Israel and their allies.
- AQ Leader Zawahiri Champions Jihad to Liberate Palestine, Calls Fighters to Expand Scope of Battle
Al-Qaeda (AQ) leader Ayman al-Zawahiri championed jihad above all other means to liberate Palestine in a video speech, and called on fighters to expand the scope of their battle to reach those that enable Israel.
- Pro-AQ Telegram Channel Urges Muslims of East Africa to Participate in Jihad
After as-Sahab Media released a lecture from al-Qaeda (AQ) leader Ayman al-Zawahiri on East Africa and its historical place as the "southern battlefront of Islam," a pro-AQ Telegram channel urged Muslims in the region to participate in jihad.
- AQ Leader Zawahiri Gives Historical Lecture on Muslims' Loss, European Conquests in East Africa
Al-Qaeda (AQ) leader Ayman al-Zawahiri presented a historical lecture on East Africa as it relates to European conquests and Muslims' loss of sovereignty, and drew conclusions about the cause, among which is corruption and internal conflict.
- Al-Qaeda Leader Zawahiri Urges North African Muslims Fight Against French
Al-Qaeda (AQ) leader Ayman al-Zawahiri urged North African Muslims to fight against French soldiers, who he clams have returned to the region to occupy their lands and kill their brethren.
- Al-Qaeda Leader Zawahiri Reiterates Call for Unity in Syria, Tells Fighters to Prepare for Decades-Long War
Al-Qaeda (AQ) leader Ayman al-Zawahiri reiterated his call and that of his group to fighters in Syria to unite and put aside their differences, and asked fighters and Muslims alike to prepare for a decades-long war.
- AQ Leader Zawahiri Questions Outcome of Arab Spring on 7th Anniversary of Uprisings
Al-Qaeda (AQ) leader Ayman al-Zawahiri questioned the outcome of the Arab Spring on the seventh anniversary of the uprisings in the Middle East and North Africa, arguing as he did in years past that they failed due to not orienting towards Shariah-based governance and adopting violence.
- AQ Leader Zawahiri Demands Revenge Against U.S. for Death of “Blind Sheikh,” Urges Unity of Fighters
Al-Qaeda (AQ) leader Ayman al-Zawahiri demanded that Muslims take revenge against the U.S. for the death in prison of the “Blind Sheikh” Omar Abdul Rahman, and reiterated his call to fighters in general and those in Syria in particular to unite against the enemy alliance.
- Al-Qaeda Leader Zawahiri Urges Muslims Consolidate Ranks, Mobilize Efforts Against U.S. and "Client Regimes"
Al-Qaeda (AQ) leader Ayman al-Zawahiri urged Muslims to consolidate their ranks and mobilize efforts together against the United States and its "client" regime in a speech for the 16th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks.
- Al-Qaeda Leader Zawahiri Rallies Fighters in AQ Branches, Urges North African Branch “Teach the French a Lesson”
Al-Qaeda (AQ) leader Ayman al-Zawahiri rallied fighters in the group’s branches in the Indian Subcontinent, North Africa, Somalia, and Yemen, and to those in the Mali area, called to “teach the French a lesson”.
- Pro-AQ English Media Group Issues Bulletins 6 and 7, Quotes from Leaders on Pledge to Zawahiri and Sanctity of Muslim Blood
The pro- al-Qaeda (AQ) English media group “Al-Hijrah” published issues six and seven of its bulletin, quoting from AQ leaders on the sanctity of Muslim blood and pledging to Ayman al-Zawahiri.
- AQ Leader Zawahiri Promotes Unity of Muslims Against Unified Enemy in Audio Speech
Al-Qaeda (AQ) leader Ayman al-Zawahiri promoted the unity of Muslims regardless of nationality in an audio speech rallying them to oppose a unified enemy.
- AQ Leader Zawahiri Declares Syrian Jihad an Issue Concerning All Muslims, Calls to Reject Nationalist Sentiment
Al-Qaeda (AQ) leader Ayman al-Zawahiri addressed fighters in Syria, urging them to reject nationalist sentiment and wage a protracted guerrilla war against the Syrian regime, and called on Muslims the world over to support their brethren in the country.
- Zawahiri Rejects IS Accusations, Restates AQ Mission, Calls Attacks on U.S. “Top Priority”
Al-Qaeda (AQ) leader Ayman al-Zawahiri issued a speech reiterating his defense of the accusations from the Islamic State (IS) and its leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, regarding his position on Shi’ites, Muhammad Morsi, and other issues, categorizing attacks on America and its allies as a “top priority,” and restating the mission of AQ.
- Al-Qaeda Leader Zawahiri Calls Muslims to Fight on 15th Anniversary of 9/11, Blacks to Enter Islam
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri spoke in a speech to commemorate the 15th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, calling on Muslims to fight, and noting racial discord in the U.S., urging blacks to enter Islam.
- Zawahiri Calls Fighters to Unite, Attacks IS for Creating and Maintaining Division
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri stressed a "dire need" for fighters to unite, especially in Syria, and attacked the Islamic State (IS) and its leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, for creating and maintaining division between the factions and ranks.
- Zawahiri Urges Sunnis in Iraq to Mount Long-Term Guerilla War Against "New Safavid-Crusader Occupation"
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri urged Sunni fighters in Iraq to reorganize their ranks and mount a long-term guerilla war against what he called the "Safavid-Crusader occupation".
- Zawahiri Calls on Fighters to Rally Around Afghan Taliban, Reject IS
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri issued a speech calling on fighters to rally around the Afghan Taliban and reject the Islamic State (IS) and its leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.
- Zawahiri Draws Lessons from Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, Urges Muslims Adhere to Islamic Principles
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri launched a new speech series, and in the first episode, drew lessons from the perceived failure of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt to urge Muslims to adhere to Islamic principles. The 12 minute, 23 second video was produced by al-Qaeda's as-Sahab Media Foundation, and was posted on Telegram on August 13, 2016. The series is called "Brief Messages to a Victorious Ummah," and the first episode is titled, "Who Protects the Mus'haf [Qur'an]?". Zawahiri prefaced this episode by saying that it will provide a "brief overview," where the viewer can take a lesson from the Arab Spring and its "failure" in Egypt, Tunisia, and Yemen, and added: "I will tell you the story of what happened in Egypt, because it represents the flagrant pattern of the Muslims’ failure if they are disabled and deviated, and it demonstrates the truth of the Crusaders’ enmity if they are transgressed upon. What is drawn from Egypt can be applied elsewhere".
The story Zawahiri presents looks at the Muslim Brotherhood from Hassan al-Banna in the late-1920s through Muhammad Morsi today, and what he regards as its deviations from seeking Shariah-based governance and accepting secular democracy. Here, he likened the Muslim Brotherhood to chickens in a poultry farm that are happy to take what they are given and ignore everything else. Zawahiri said:
We have to review the march, and correct the errors and not repeat them. Every fervent Muslim in Egypt, and in the states of the Arab Spring, the Islamic world, and everywhere, must be a lion in his doctrine and behavior, for if he will not act like a lion, he will be eaten by wolves. We must raise our young children as if we are nurturing cubs and not breeding lambs, and to fight in the battle with the Book that guides and the sword that supports.
- Zawahiri Attacks IS and Baghdadi in Audio Eulogy for Former AQAP Leader
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri gave an audio eulogy for former al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQA) chief Abu Baseer al-Wuhayshi, which quickly became a platform to criticize the Islamic State (IS) and Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.
- Zawahiri Addresses Uyghur Muslims in Ninth Episode of “Islamic Spring”
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri addressed Muslims in the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region of northwestern China in the ninth episode of his “Islamic Spring” series, promoting their cause and urging them to have patience amidst the “long battle” with the “atheist Chinese occupiers”.
- Zawahiri Threatens "Harsh Consequences" for U.S. if Death Sentence Implemented on Boston Marathon Bomber
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri threatened "harsh consequences" upon Americans if the death sentence is implemented on Boston Marathon bomber Dzokhar Tsarnaev.
- Al-Qaeda Leader Ayman al-Zawahiri Pledges to New Afghan Taliban Chief
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri mourned the killing of former Afghan Taliban head Mullah Akhtar Muhammad Mansour and pledged allegiance to the group's new chief, Haibatullah Akhundzada.
- Zawahiri Calls Fighters' Unity in Syria a Matter of "Life and Death" in Audio
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri again urged fighters in Syria to unite in the face of the enemy and its conspiracies, calling it a matter of "life and death".
- Zawahiri Remembers Figure who Helped Bin Laden Escape Tora Bora in 5th Episode in “Days with the Imam” Series
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri, in the fifth episode of his series “Days with the Imam,” in which he remembers his experiences with Usama bin Laden, discussed the man who helped Bin Laden escape the siege on Tora Bora.
- Zawahiri Criticizes Riyadh Conference, Cautions Against and Condemns IS
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri criticized the Riyadh conference attended by Syrian opposition groups in an audio speech, warning of the “cunning” of Saudi Arabia, and continued to caution against and condemn the Islamic State (IS).
- AQAP Video “Guardians of Shariah” Explores Modern History of Jihad Against U.S., Allies
Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) released a documentary-style video exploring the modern history of jihad against the U.S. and its allies in the region, and featuring for the first time in one of its productions, former Guantanamo detainee Ibrahim al-Qosi (AKA Khubaib al-Sudani).
- Zawahiri Lauds January 2015 Paris Attacks, Calls for Strikes in U.S., Europe
In an as-Sahab video produced 3-4 months after the January 2015 attacks in Paris, but released on December 1, al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri praised the strikes and called on Muslims to “move the battle” to the United States and Europe.
- Zawahiri Recalls Siege, Escape from Tora Bora, Advises Jihadi Media to Stop Promoting Discord Between Fighters
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri recalled the siege on Tora Bora and his escape from it with fellow fighters and Usama bin Laden in the seventh episode of the “Days with the Imam” series, and advised members of the jihadi media to stop promoting discord between fighters and their supporters.
- Hamza bin Laden, Son of Usama, Calls for Lone-Wolf Attacks in the West
Al-Qaeda’s as-Sahab Media Foundation released an audio speech from Hamza bin Laden, a son of slain al-Qaeda leader Usama bin Laden, with an introduction by current chief Ayman al-Zawahiri.
- Zawahiri Pledges Allegiance to New Afghan Taliban Leader in Audio Speech
In an audio recording attributed to Ayman al-Zawahiri, the al-Qaeda leader pledged allegiance to new Afghan Taliban chief Mullah Akhtar Muhammad Mansour and eulogized its previous leader, Mullah Muhammad Omar.
- Fighters in Yemen Allegedly Break Pledge to Zawahiri, Give Allegiance to Baghdadi
A statement attributed to fighters in Yemen's Dhamar and Sana'a governorates announced their giving allegiance to Islamic State (IS) leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi after breaking their pledge to al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri.
- Al-Qaeda Announces Establishment of “Qaedat al-Jihad in the Indian Subcontinent”
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri and fellow officials 'Asim Umar and Usama Mahmoud announced the creation of a new branch called "Qaedat al-Jihad in the Indian Subcontinent".
- Al-Qaeda Addresses Message to Family of U.S. Hostage Warren Weinstein
Al-Qaeda addressed a message to the family of American hostage Warren Weinstein, telling them that the U.S. government has not made any "serious efforts" for his release and that it wants him to die in their possession.
- Zawahiri Calls for Revenge for Slain Libyan Officials, Remembers Tora Bora
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri continued to recall his experiences with fellow officials and fighters in Tora Bora in the sixth episode of the “Days with the Imam” series, and called for revenge for slain Libyan officials Ibn al-Sheikh al-Libi, Abu Yahya al-Libi, and Attiya Allah.
- Jihadists Launch Pro-IS English Magazine “The Truth and the Best Explanation”
Jihadists launched a pro-Islamic State (IS) English magazine called "The Truth and the Best Explanation," and in the first issue, drew lessons from the jihad in Bosnia, and gave a eulogy for a Serbian IS fighter.
- Indonesian Media Group Calls on Syrian Factions to Obey Zawahiri
Sawt al-Jihad Nusantara (Voice of Jihad in Nusantara), an Indonesian jihadi media group, urged jihadi factions in Syria to heed al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri's instructions to end their factional conflicts.
- Jihadi Ideologue Hussein bin Mahmoud Urges al-Qaeda, ISIL Leaders Keep Dispute Private
Jihadi ideologue Hussein bin Mahmoud urged al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri and the heads of the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) to keep their dispute private and away from the public and the enemy.
- ISIL Refuses Zawahiri Order to Withdraw from Syria, Responds to Message
Abu Muhammad al-'Adnani, the official spokesman of the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), responded to al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri's recent message in which he asked the group to withdraw from Syria to Iraq, refusing the order, and making demands of his own.
- Yemeni Jihadist Reports Death of AQAP Official Adib al-Nakh’i
A Yemeni jihadist reported that Adib al-Nakh'i, an official in al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), was killed in a clash on May 3, 2014, in Yemen's al-Bayda' province.
- Zawahiri Reflects on Experiences in Tora Bora in Series on Bin Laden
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri continued to reflect on his memories with Usama bin Laden in the fourth episode of the "Days with the Imam" series, speaking about their experiences in Tora Bora, and asking Afghans to take revenge against Americans soldiers and their "agents" who killed those who helped the fighters escape the area.
- Al-Nusra Front Announces Compliance with Zawahiri’s Order Regarding ISIL
Al-Qaeda’s branch in Syria, the al-Nusra Front, announced its compliance with the order of Ayman al-Zawahiri not to attack the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), but declared it will continue to push away its assaults from Muslims.
- Zawahiri Details Relationship with ISIL, Repeats Call to Return to Iraq
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri released an audio speech detailing the relationship between his group and the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) and its predecessor, including references to correspondence between officials recovered by the U.S. at Usama bin Laden's compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan.
- “Al-Qaeda in Kurdistan” Pledges to Zawahiri, Proclaims Willingness to Fight ISIL
An alleged group calling itself "al-Qaeda in Kurdistan" renewed its pledge of allegiance to al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri and expressed its willingness to fight the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) upon his order.
- Belmoktar Reaffirms Commitment to al-Qaeda, Zawahiri
Amidst the deepening rift between al-Qaeda and the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), as well as their respective supporters, al-Murabitoon official Moktar Belmoktar (AKA Khalid Abu al-Abbas) reaffirmed his group's commitment to al-Qaeda and its leader, Ayman al-Zawahiri.
- Brigades of Abdullah Azzam Leader Expresses Concerns to Zawahiri about ISIL in Posthumous Message
Nokhba Jihadi Media released a posthumous audio message from former Brigades of Abdullah Azzam leader Majid bin Muhammad al-Majid to al-Qaeda chief Ayman al-Zawahiri expressing concerns about the establishment of the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL).
- Jihadists, Ideologues Request Zawahiri Directly Address the ISIL Issue
A jihadist started a campaign on Twitter and jihadi forums for ideologues, fighters, and supporters of al-Qaeda to request Ayman al-Zawahiri to directly address issue of the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) as it pertains to the bloody conflict in Syria.
- Syrian Jihad: The Weakening of al-Qaeda’s Leadership
Syrian Jihad: The Weakening of al-Qaeda's LeadershipBy Rita Katz and Adam Raisman
In an unexpected and unprecedented turn of events, al-Qaeda members and jihadists from all over the world who embrace the ideology of global jihad are now doubting the group's leader, Ayman al-Zawahiri, and calling for his removal.
- Zawahiri Gives Eulogy for Abu Khalid al-Suri, Condemns Sedition in Syria
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri gave a eulogy for his designated representative in Syria, Abu Khalid al-Suri, and condemned the sedition between jihadi groups in the country that led to his death.
- Zawahiri Publishes Second Edition of Book Promoting Suicide Operations
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri published the second edition of his book "Winds of Paradise," clarifying in it the proper conduct of suicide operations and how to respond to enemy propaganda against them.
- Update: Zawahiri Praises Chechen Fighters As Models for Jihad, Reflects on Egyptian Revolution
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri praised Chechen insurgents, reflected on recent Egyptian history, and called upon Islamic revolutionaries to adhere fiercely to their religion.
- Zawahiri Urges Jihadi Groups in Syria to End Factional Conflict
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri urged jhadi groups in Syria to end the heated factional conflict among themselves, and stressed to the Syrian people that al-Qaeda does not accept any transgression against Muslims.
- Letter Attributed to Zawahiri's Arbiter in Syria Gives Advice to ISIL
A message attributed to Abu Khalid al-Suri, a jihadist named by al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri as his representative in Syria to arbitrate issues involving the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) and the al-Nusra Front, urged the ISIL to stop attacking fellow militant groups and Muslims.
- Zawahiri Speaks on Massacre of Muslims in Bangladesh
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri spoke on the reported massacre of Muslims in Bangladesh in a new audio speech.
- Zawahiri Audio Aired by al-Jazeera is Reading of June 2013 Letter
The audio recording of al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri voiding the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) and rebuking its chief, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, which al-Jazeera broadcast on November 8, 2013, is a reading of Zawahiri's letter from June 2013.
- Zawahiri Urges Egyptians, Syrians and Tunisians to Demand Shariah
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri called upon Egyptians, Syrians and Tunisians to demand Shariah-based governance and stand against the enemy, and focusing on Egypt, condemned crimes against Muslims.
- Jihadists Discuss Zawahiri's Guidelines for Jihad, Targeting of Americans
Jihadists discussed al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri's "general guidelines for jihad" as it relates to refraining from targeting non-combatants, and found that Americans and Alawites, for example, can still be hit.
- Zawahiri Gives General Guidelines for Jihad Regarding Military, Propaganda
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri authored a document giving "general guidelines for jihad" regarding military and propaganda work by the group's affiliates and their supporters, all of which focus on weakening the United States.
- Zawahiri Speaks on 12th Anniversary of 9/11, Calls for Attack on U.S.
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri released an audio speech for the occasion of the twelfth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks in New York and Washington, D.C., calling for attacks on the U.S. and an economic boycott of it and its allies.
- Zawahiri Says Morsi Ouster Part of Division Plot, Chastises Brotherhood
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri argued that the ouster of former Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi is part of a “Crusader” plot to divide Egypt, and chastised the Muslim Brotherhood for adopting democracy rather than Islamic Shariah.
- U.S. Travel Alert Comes Amidst Recent Threats from al-Qaeda and its Affiliates
Three days after al-Qaeda chief Ayman al-Zawahiri called for attacks on U.S. interests in response to its military engagements in the Muslim world and its drone strikes in Pakistan and Yemen in particular, the U.S. State Department issued a travel alert about the terror group potentially launching operations in the Middle East and North Africa.
- Zawahiri Calls to Act Against US and its Allies, Pledges to Free Detainees
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri called Muslims everywhere to act against the United States and its allies in order to stop their "crimes," and pledged to free Muslim detainees in Guantanamo and other prisons.
- Special Report on the Power Struggle Between al-Qaeda Branches and Leadership
The controversy between al-Qaeda's branches in Iraq and Syria took an unexpected turn on the night of June 14, 2013, when an audio message surfaced from Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the head of al-Qaeda's branch in Iraq, the Islamic State of Iraq (ISI)...
- ISIL Spokesman Criticizes Zawahiri Letter, Explains Faults
An audio message attributed to Abu Muhammad al-'Adnani al-Shami, the official spokesman of what is now the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), criticized the letter from al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri settling the dispute between it and the al-Nusra Front, and explained its faults.
- Indonesian Jihadists Show Readiness to Heed Zawahiri, Fight in Syria
Members of an Indonesia-based group calling itself "Anshorulloh Solo" showed their readiness to heed the call of al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri to fight the Bashar al-Assad regime in Syria, in a public demonstration in Solo, Central Java.
- Zawahiri Reportedly Settles Dispute Between ISI, al-Nusra Front
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri reportedly sent a letter to the respective leaders of the Islamic State of Iraq (ISI) and the al-Nusra Front resolving the dispute between them and naming a representative in Syria, Abu Khalid al-Suri, to arbitrate any issues.
- Zawahiri Speaks in New Audio on 65th Anniversary of Israel’s Founding
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri spoke in a new audio speech on the 65th anniversary of Israel’s founding.
- Jihadists Report on Egyptian Suicide Attackers in Mali
Jihadists reported that four Egyptian fighters carried out suicide attacks in Mali and that one of the men was a forum member who had appeared in videos with Muhammad al-Zawahiri, the brother of al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri.
- IWISC Gives Biography of Prominent Jihadi Figure Abu Bakr al-Zayla'i
The Somalia-based Islamic World Issues Study Center (IWISC) released a biography of Abu Bakr al-Zayla'i (AKA Ibrahim al-Afghani), a prominent jihadi figure and a founder of the Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, whose name is attributed to a document speaking out against the Shabaab's leader, Mukhtar Abu al-Zubeir.
- MYC Accuses Hammami of Masterminding Official's Appeal to Zawahiri
The Kenya-based Muslim Youth Center (MYC) accused Omar Hammami (AKA Abu Mansour al-Amriki) of masterminding the message attributed to a founding member of the Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement in which he spoke out against Shabaab leader Mukhtar Abu al-Zubeir and appealed to al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri for intervention.
- Zawahiri Calls for Unity in Creed, Attacks Egyptian Constitution
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri called on Muslims to unify in creed and actions, and specifically, to ignore borders imposed on their countries, implement Shariah-based governance, and support jihad in every battlefield.
- Zawahiri Gives Eulogy for Militant Leader Killed in Gaza
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri gave a eulogy for Hisham Ali al-Su'aydani AKA Abu al-Walid al-Maqdisi, the leader of the Gaza-based Tawhid and Jihad Group in Jerusalem, who was killed in an Israeli airstrike on October 13, 2012.
- Zawahiri Promotes Jihad in Somalia, Support to Shabaab
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri promoted jihad in Somalia against AMISOM and Kenyan forces in a new audio speech, urging Somalis to participate in fighting and calling Muslims all over the world to offer support.
- Zawahiri Calls for Continuing Egyptian Revolution, Kidnapping Westerners
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri called upon Egyptians to continue their revolution until they achieve Shariah-based governance, and urged Muslims to kidnap Westerners as a means to free imprisoned jihadists in the first part of the eleventh episode of his series "A Message of Hope and Glad Tidings to Our People in Egypt."
- As-Sahab Releases Video of Zawahiri's Incitement to Support the Prophet
Al-Qaeda's media arm, as-Sahab, released the video of Ayman al-Zawahiri's incitement to Muslims to defend the Prophet Muhammad against insults and mockery that was previously distributed in an audio format.
- Zawahiri Incites to Support the Prophet Muhammad
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri released a new audio speech calling upon Muslims to defend the Prophet Muhammad against insults and mockery.
- Zawahiri Recalls Bin Laden's Relationship with Scholars, Brotherhood
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri recalled Usama bin Laden's relationship with Afghan, Pakistani and Saudi scholars, and his membership in the Saudi branch of the Muslim Brotherhood in the third episode of his series of reflections on the slain official.
- As-Sahab 9/11 Anniversary Video Features Two 9/11 Hijackers
Al-Qaeda's media arm, as-Sahab, released a new video featuring a speech by al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri and previously unreleased footage of two 9/11 hijackers, Khalid Muhammad Abdullah al-Mihdhar and Nawaf Muhammad Salim al-Hazmi, reading their wills.
- As-Sahab Releases Video for 11th Anniversary of 9/11
Al-Qaeda’s media arm, as-Sahab, released its video production for the eleventh anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, featuring new footage of al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri and the group’s American spokesman Adam Gadahn.
- Ayman al-Zawahiri Gives Eulogy for Abu Yahya al-Libi
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri gave a eulogy for Abu Yahya al-Libi AKA Hasan Qa’id, acknowledging the death of the al-Qaeda official in a drone strike in Mir Ali, North Waziristan in June 2012.
- Jihadist Forum Releases Second Compilation of Advice from Zawahiri
A jihadist forum released its second compilation of advice from al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri, and focused on those excerpts calling to Muslims in Turkey to support their brethren in Syria.
- Zawahiri Urges Tunisians to Demand Shariah-Based Governance
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri urged Tunisians to demand Shariah-based governance in an audio speech released on jihadist forums on June 10, 2012.
- Zawahiri Reflects on Memories of Bin Laden in Second Episode of Series
Al-Qaeda's media arm, as-Sahab, released the second episode of the "Days with the Imam" video series in which al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri reflects on his memories of Usama bin Laden.
- Zawahiri Speaks on Saudi Arabia in New Audio Speech
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri called upon Saudis to follow the example of their brethren who participated in the Arab Spring in countries such as Egypt, Libya, and Tunisia, and revolt against their government.
- Zawahiri Calls for Continued Revolution in Yemen
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri called upon Yemenis to continue their revolution against their government and demand the ouster of President Abu Rabbuh Mansur and all corrupt politicians who obey American orders.
- Zawahiri Urges Somalis to Embrace Jihad, Defy London Conference
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri called upon Somalis to defy the February 2012 London conference on Somalia and embrace jihad.
- Zawahiri Remarks on Burning of the Qur'an in Afghanistan
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri addressed the incident in which copies of the Qur'an were burned in Bagram airbase in Afghanistan, calling it another crime of the "Crusaders" and urging Muslims to take action.
- Zawahiri Asks Afghans to Recognize Enemies' Contempt for Muslims
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri addressed the scandal of US Marines urinating on the dead bodies of alleged Taliban fighters in an audio speech addressed to Afghans, explaining that it represents the "Crusaders'" contempt for Muslims.
- Zawahiri Urges Revolution in Pakistan, Support for Jihad
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri urged Pakistanis to follow the example of the Arab Spring and revolt against their government and military, arguing that they only represent American interests.
- Zawahiri Urges Egyptians to Demand Change, Comments on US Influence
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri urged Egyptians to demand change, and in particular, Shariah-based governance and abrogating the peace treaty with Israel, in an audio speech, the ninth episode of his series called "A Message of Hope and Glad Tidings to Our People in Egypt."
- Zawahiri Issues Video in Support of Syrian Uprising
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri released a video message on jihadist forums on February 11, 2012, in support of the Syrian uprising.
- Zawahiri Announces Joining of Shabaab to al-Qaeda
Mukhtar Abu al-Zubeir, the leader of the Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, pledged to al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri in a video released by al-Qaeda's media arm, as-Sahab.
- Ansar al-Jihad in the Sinai Peninsula Pledges to Zawahiri
Ansar al-Jihad in the Sinai Peninsula, which announced its establishment in a message released in December 2011, declared its allegiance to al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri.