- Indonesian Jihadists Show Readiness to Heed Zawahiri, Fight in Syria
Members of an Indonesia-based group calling itself "Anshorulloh Solo" showed their readiness to heed the call of al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri to fight the Bashar al-Assad regime in Syria, in a public demonstration in Solo, Central Java.
- As-Sahab Video Focuses on Fighters' Pains, Calls Doctors to Participate
Al-Qaeda's media arm, as-Sahab, released a video focusing on what fighters suffer while participating in jihad, such as pains and difficulty traveling with heavy weapons, traversing dangerous roads, and receiving wounds in battle.
- Zawahiri Reportedly Settles Dispute Between ISI, al-Nusra Front
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri reportedly sent a letter to the respective leaders of the Islamic State of Iraq (ISI) and the al-Nusra Front resolving the dispute between them and naming a representative in Syria, Abu Khalid al-Suri, to arbitrate any issues.
- JHUF Translates Urdu As-Sahab Video of Attack on US Base in Paktika
The Jamia Hafsa Urdu Forum (JHUF) released Arabic- and English-subtitled versions of an as-Sahab-produced video showing a BM rocket attack on a US base in Afghanistan's Paktika province.
- Zawahiri Speaks in New Audio on 65th Anniversary of Israel’s Founding
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri spoke in a new audio speech on the 65th anniversary of Israel’s founding.
- As-Sahab Series Promotes Shariah on Indian Subcontinent (Episode 1)
Al-Qaeda's media arm, as-Sahab, launched a series of videos promoting Islamic Shariah on the Indian subcontinent and condemning democratic-rule, and in the first episode, featured "mujahid Islamic scholar" Maulvi Asim Umar commenting on the issue.
- London Attack Echoes al-Qaeda Incitement to Target Soldiers in West
Aftermath of attack in Woolwich, London / Credit: ITV
Although it is not yet clear what motivated the beheading of a man believed to be a soldier outside of the Woolwich barracks in London, the incident, which is being treated as an apparent terrorist attack, is reflective of al-Qaeda's incitement for lone-wolf strikes against soldiers in Western countries.
- Shumukh al-Islam Forum Returns, Administrators Issue Statement
Administrators of the Shumukh al-Islam Network announced the forum's return after being inaccessible for the past week, and urged its members to participate more in jihadi media.
- Shumukh al-Islam Administrators Address Attacks on Forum, Assure Return
Al-Masada Media Foundation, the media affiliate of the Shumukh al-Islam Network, released a message from the network's administrators addressing attacks by the enemy and assuring jihadists that the forum will soon return.
- Jihadi Ideologue Says to Follow Bin Laden's Teachings to Remember Him
Jihadi ideologue Abu Sa'ad al-'Amili gave advice on the occasion of the second anniversary of Usama bin Laden's death, saying that while it's not appropriate for Muslims to celebrate such events and deify people, Muslims can follow Bin Laden's teachings to remember him.
- Al-Fajr Chastises Jihadists who Slandered ISI, Spread Rumors
Al-Fajr Media Center, the exclusive online distributor of al-Qaeda's propaganda, chastised jihadists who spread rumors about the Islamic State of Iraq (ISI) and slandered its leadership, and recommended that jihadist forums and media groups not associate with them.
- Al-Qaeda's Pakistan Media Head Calls for Rallying Around Scholars, Shariah
Al-Qaeda's media arm, as-Sahab, released a video speech from Ustadh Ahmad Farooq urging people to rally around Islamic scholars and Shariah-based governance as the solution to what he believes are Pakistan's problems.
- Jihadist Invites to "Electronic Islamic Army," Gives DDOS Program Tutorial
A jihadist gave a tutorial for a program he developed to facilitate Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks against "Zionist-Crusader" websites, and invited fellow al-Qaeda supporters to join the "Electronic Islamic Army".
- Al-Qaeda Security Expert Reportedly Killed in Drone Strike in North Waziristan
Jihadists reported that al-Qaeda security expert Abu Obeida Abdullah Khalid al-'Adam (AKA Abu Obeida al-Maqdisi) was killed in a US drone strike in North Waziristan.
- East African Group Gives Biography of Bilal al-Berjawi
In the fourth issue of its "Biographies of the Well-Known Martyrs in East Africa" series, an unnamed group of fighters focused on Bilal al-Berjawi, who was killed in a drone strike on the outskirts of the Somali capital, Mogadishu, in January 2012.
- Jihadist Says al-Qaeda's Strategy in Line with Boston Bombings
A jihadist remarked that while the perpetrator of the bombings in Boston, Massachusetts, is not yet known, the attack is in line with al-Qaeda's strategy to exploit security vulnerabilities and weaken the enemy with small attacks that spread fear.
- East African Group Gives Biography of al-Qaeda Official Slain in Somalia
An unnamed group of fighters in East Africa released a biography of Fazul Abu Muhammad, an al-Qaeda official and Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement commander who helped organize attacks in Kenya and Tanzania, and was killed in Somalia in June 2011.
- Jihadist Gives Update on Brigades of E-Jihad, Threatens US
A jihadist who had previously posted about organizing a center for jihadists who have expertise in hacking, networking, and programming language, gave an update about its brigades and threatened attacks against the United States.
- Zawahiri Calls for Unity in Creed, Attacks Egyptian Constitution
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri called on Muslims to unify in creed and actions, and specifically, to ignore borders imposed on their countries, implement Shariah-based governance, and support jihad in every battlefield.
- Jihadist Expresses Desire to Plan Attack in US
A jihadist expressed his desire to plan an attack in the United States similar in impact to al-Qaeda's 9/11 strikes and attempted to recruit other supporters.
- Al-Qaeda’s Pakistan Media Head Calls Bangladeshi Muslims to Revolt
Ustadh Ahmad Farooq, al-Qaeda’s head of media and preaching in Pakistan, urged Bangladeshi Muslims to revolt against their government and kill everyone who insults the Prophet Muhammad, reacting to recent incidents involving bloggers.
- Jihadists Discuss Possible Partnership Between al-Qaeda and North Korea
Jihadists discussed a possible partnership between al-Qaeda and North Korea centered around defeating the United States.
- Jihadist Calls Fellow al-Qaeda Supports to Join Hackers Targeting US
A jihadist encouraged fellow al-Qaeda supporters to participate with the hacking groups the "Tunisian Cyber Army" and "Al Qaida Electronic Cyber Army" in their upcoming operation aimed at targeting America's "vital joints".
- Husainan Calls for Jihad, Attacks "Crusader West" in Posthumously Released Eid al-Adha Speech
Khalid bin Abdul Rahman al-Husainan, a now-deceased al-Qaeda religious scholar, attacked the "Crusader West" for seeking to eliminate Islamic Shariah and called upon Muslims to participate in jihad in a posthumously released sermon for the occasion of Eid al-Adha 2012.
- Nokhba Jihadi Media Releases Compendium of Attiya Allah's Works
The jihadist media group Nokhba Jihad Media released a compendium of the audio speeches and writings of slain al-Qaeda official Attiya Allah al-Libi (AKA Jamal Ibrahim Ashtiwi al-Misrati).
- Al-Fajr Acknowledges Death of Khalid al-Husainan
Al-Fajr Media Center, the exclusive distributor of al-Qaeda’s propaganda online, acknowledged for the time the death of Khalid bin Abdul Rahman al-Husainan (AKA Abu Zeid al-Kuwaiti), in a posting for his Eid al-Adha 2012 sermon.
- "Al-Qaeda Airlines" Author Advertises Issue, Remarks on Benghazi Incident
Abdullah Dhu al-Bajadin, the author of "Al-Qaeda Airlines" magazine and a recognized explosives expert in the jihadist forum community, advertised the magazine's upcoming releases, including one about injections, and remarked on the death of US Ambassador John Christopher Stevens in Benghazi, Libya.
- Al-Qaeda's Pakistan Media Head Lectures on Truthfulness in Audio
Ustadh Ahmad Farooq, al-Qaeda's head of media and preaching in Pakistan, released an audio lecture about truthfulness as it relates to a Muslim's sincerity in his deeds and worship.
- Jihadists Distribute Story of Suleiman Abu Gheith's Capture by US
Jihadists distributed an account of the events leading to the capture of al-Qaeda spokesman Suleiman Abu Gheith by US authorities on the Kuwait-Jordan border, as well as a statement from the Ummah Party holding the Kuwaiti government responsible for what transpired.
- Jihadist Suggests Way to Promote Fighters, Jihadi Websites in Schools
A jihadist suggested that fellow supporters of al-Qaeda use chalkboards in university classrooms as a means to promote the fighters and jihadi websites.
- Al-Qaeda Security Expert Gives Tips to New Jihadi Recruits
Al-Fajr Media Center published a set of tips from al-Qaeda security expert Abu Obeida Abdullah Khalid al-'Adam to new jihadi recruits to protect them from suspicion and ensure they succeed in their assigned tasks wherever they are deployed.
- Al-Qaeda's Pakistan Media Head Speaks on Death of Kashmiri Jihadi Leader
Ustadh Ahmad Farooq, al-Qaeda's head of media and preaching in Pakistan, released a video concerning Kashmiri jihadi leader Ahsan Aziz, who was killed in a US drone strike in North Waziristan on August 18, 2012.
- Husainan Vilifies America in Posthumously Released Eid al-Fitr Sermon
Khalid bin Abdul Rahman al-Husainan, a now-deceased al-Qaeda religious scholar, vilified the United States as the "head of terror" in a posthumously released sermon for the occasion of Eid al-Fitr 2012, which fell during the month of August.
- Prominent Jihadist Incites Forum Members to Take Initiative and Strike
A prominent jihadist chastised fellow al-Qaeda supporters for their lack of action and incited them to take the initiative and strike the enemy.
- Husainan Appears Posthumously in TIP Video, Urges Support for Uyghurs
Khalid bin Abdul Rahman al-Husainan, a now-deceased al-Qaeda religious scholar, urged Muslims to support Uyghurs in Xinjiang province of China, in a posthumous lecture featured in a video by the Turkistan Islamic Party (TIP).
- Fajr Releases Biography of Slain al-Qaeda Official, Former Milan Cell Head
Al-Fajr Media Center released a biography of Abd el-Kader Mahmoud Mohamed el-Sayed (AKA Abu Saleh al-Masri), an al-Qaeda official and former organizer of an al-Qaeda cell in Milan, Italy, who was killed in a drone strike in Waziristan in May/June 2012.
- Jihadist Distributes Alleged Pictures of Deceased Husainan
A jihadist distributed three pictures showing who he alleges to be Khalid bin Abdul Rahman al-Husainan (AKA Abu Zeid al-Kuwaiti) after he succumbed to wounds inflicted in a drone strike.
- Al-Qaeda-Affiliate Claims Kidnapping of Foreign Nationals in Algeria
The al-Mulathameen Brigade, an al-Qaeda-affiliate in the Sahara, reportedly claimed responsibility for the kidnapping of 41 foreign nationals after a raid on a BP oil facility in Illizi province of eastern Algeria.
- Top-Tier Jihadist Forums Return Online
Three top-tier jihadists forums have returned online two weeks after suffering outages.
- Top-Tier Jihadist Forums are Currently Offline
The al-Fida' and Shumukh al-Islam forums, two primary sources for official messages from al-Qaeda and its affiliates, and the Ansar al-Mujahideen Arabic forum, another major network, are currently offline.
- Al-Qaeda Scholar Khalid al-Husainan Reportedly Dead
Kuwaiti news sites and contemporaries of Khalid bin Abdul Rahman al-Husainan, a former imam in Kuwait's Endowments Ministry who has appeared in dozens of al-Qaeda videos and published texts on jihad and martyrdom through al-Qaeda's media channels, have reported that he died.
- Al-Qaeda Scholar Khalid al-Husainan Reportedly Dead
Kuwaiti news sites and contemporaries of Khalid bin Abdul Rahman al-Husainan, a former imam in Kuwait’s Endowments Ministry who has appeared in dozens of al-Qaeda videos and published texts on jihad and martyrdom through al-Qaeda’s media channels, have reported that he died.
- As-Sahab Video Shows Mortar and Rocket Attacks in Afghanistan
Al-Qaeda's media arm, as-Sahab, released a video showing mortar and rocket attacks against enemy bases in Afghanistan.
- Zawahiri Gives Eulogy for Militant Leader Killed in Gaza
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri gave a eulogy for Hisham Ali al-Su'aydani AKA Abu al-Walid al-Maqdisi, the leader of the Gaza-based Tawhid and Jihad Group in Jerusalem, who was killed in an Israeli airstrike on October 13, 2012.
- Zawahiri Promotes Jihad in Somalia, Support to Shabaab
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri promoted jihad in Somalia against AMISOM and Kenyan forces in a new audio speech, urging Somalis to participate in fighting and calling Muslims all over the world to offer support.
- Gadahn Concludes Five Episode Series on Arab Spring, Calls to Bear Arms
In the fifth and final episode of his series about the Arab Spring, al-Qaeda's American spokesman, Adam Yahiye Gadahn, urged Muslims to bear arms and to beware individuals and governments, particularly those from the West, that wish to ruin the gains of their revolutions.
- Zawahiri Calls for Continuing Egyptian Revolution, Kidnapping Westerners
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri called upon Egyptians to continue their revolution until they achieve Shariah-based governance, and urged Muslims to kidnap Westerners as a means to free imprisoned jihadists in the first part of the eleventh episode of his series "A Message of Hope and Glad Tidings to Our People in Egypt."
- As-Sahab Releases Video of Zawahiri's Incitement to Support the Prophet
Al-Qaeda's media arm, as-Sahab, released the video of Ayman al-Zawahiri's incitement to Muslims to defend the Prophet Muhammad against insults and mockery that was previously distributed in an audio format.
- Jihadist Gives New Pictures of Slain Fighters Including al-Qaeda Members
The Waziristan-based fighter who announced the death of Jund al-Khilafah leader Moez Garsalloui provided over a dozen new pictures of slain colleagues including al-Qaeda members Abu Yahya al-Libi and Abu Kandahar al-Zarqawi, as well as Ahmed "Saif" Omar Abdul Rahman, a son of the "Blind Sheikh" Omar Abdul Rahman.
- Adam Gadahn Speaks on Arab Spring in Fourth Episode of Series
Al-Qaeda's American spokesman, Adam Yahiye Gadahn, focused on Libya in the fourth episode of his series about the Arab Spring, asking questions of Libyans in the post-revolution period and observing "glad tidings" for the country.
- French Shooter Mohammed Merah Directed By Moez Garsalloui
Amidst the French police siege on Toulouse shooter Mohammed Merah's apartment on March 22, 2012, a post on the Shumukh al-Islam jihadist forum, the online primary source for al-Qaeda's propaganda, claimed responsibility for Merah's March 19th shooting at the Ozar Hatorah Jewish day school that killed three students and a rabbi.
- Biography of Bekkay Harrach – “Islamic World” Magazine, Issue 4
In the fourth issue of the Turkish jihadist magazine "Islamic World," an author published a brief biography of Bekkay Harrach AKA Abu Talha al-Almani, a German member of al-Qaeda who had appeared in its audio and video releases between January and September, 2009, before his death in a raid on Bagram Airfield in Afghanistan.
- Zawahiri Incites to Support the Prophet Muhammad
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri released a new audio speech calling upon Muslims to defend the Prophet Muhammad against insults and mockery.
- Al-Fajr Media Center Publishes Guide on Facing Enemy Raids
Al-Fajr Media Center published a guide for fighters to face enemy raids on their positions. The 10-page guide, which is authored by an individual named Badr al-Sabhi, and titled, "How to Face the Storming Special Forces," was posted on jihadist forums on October 9, 2012.
- Adam Gadahn Speaks on Arab Spring in Third Episode of Series
In the third episode of his series about the Arab Spring, al-Qaeda's American spokesman Adam Yahiye Gadahn discussed "facts and warnings" and emphasized that Muslims, especially those in Egypt, must "complete" the revolutions by choosing governments that implement Shariah.
- Al-Qaeda’s Pakistan Media Head Threatens Burma, India
Ustadh Ahmad Farooq, al-Qaeda's head of media and preaching in Pakistan, spoke on what he called the "genocide" of Muslims in South Asia, particularly in Arakan, Burma, and Assam, India, and threatened both countries with consequences if the violence continues.
- As-Sahab Video Focuses on Current State of Conflict (Part Two)
In the second part of as-Sahab's two-part documentary-style video on the current state of what it sees as the global war on Islam, it continued to contrast Western armies with Muslim fighters, and argued that the fighters' faith and the purity of their cause ensure their victory.
- Zawahiri Recalls Bin Laden's Relationship with Scholars, Brotherhood
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri recalled Usama bin Laden's relationship with Afghan, Pakistani and Saudi scholars, and his membership in the Saudi branch of the Muslim Brotherhood in the third episode of his series of reflections on the slain official.
- Adam Gadahn Speaks on Arab Spring in Second Episode of Series
In the second episode of his series about the Arab Spring, al-Qaeda's American spokesman Adam Yahiye Gadahn discussed "challenges and good omens" and remarked that the revolutions have not brought about the desired radical change.
- Adam Gadahn Gives Advice to Rebels in New as-Sahab Video Series
Al-Qaeda's American spokesman Adam Yahiye Gadahn AKA Azzam the American, discussed the factors and circumstances behind revolutions in the first episode in a new video series produced by as-Sahab.
- As-Sahab Video Shows Fighters' Activities in Ghazni
Al-Qaeda's media arm, as-Sahab, released a video showing activities of fighters in Ghazni province of eastern Afghanistan, including their carrying out attacks and evading enemy aircraft.
- Al-Fajr Media Center Launches Technical Committee
Al-Fajr Media Center, the exclusive online distributor of al-Qaeda's propaganda, announced its opening of a "technical committee" to address technical issues on top-tier jihadist forums and to develop the knowledge of members of the jihadi media.
- GIMF Gives Eulogy for Abu Yahya al-Libi
The General Command of the Global Islamic Media Front (GIMF) gave a eulogy for Abu Yahya al-Libi AKA Hasan Qa'id, after al-Qaeda confirmed his death in a drone strike in Mir Ali, North Waziristan, in June 2012.
- Al-Fajr Center Gives Eulogy for Abu Yahya al-Libi, Calls for Media Invasion
Al-Fajr Media Center, the exclusive online distributor of al-Qaeda's propaganda, gave a eulogy for slain al-Qaeda official Abu Yahya al-Libi and called for a "media invasion" in his name to spread the call of jihad.
- American Captive Warren Weinstein Asks Help from Jewish Groups
Al-Qaeda's American captive, Warren Weinstein, asked his wife to contact Jewish communities in the United States to help with his release in the second video of him to be released within two days.
- As-Sahab 9/11 Anniversary Video Features Two 9/11 Hijackers
Al-Qaeda's media arm, as-Sahab, released a new video featuring a speech by al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri and previously unreleased footage of two 9/11 hijackers, Khalid Muhammad Abdullah al-Mihdhar and Nawaf Muhammad Salim al-Hazmi, reading their wills.
- American Captive Warren Weinstein Appeals to Netanyahu for Release
Al-Qaeda's media arm, as-Sahab, released a video showing American captive Warren Weinstein appealing to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to intervene on his behalf and to work with al-Qaeda to accept their demands for his release.
- As-Sahab Releases Video for 11th Anniversary of 9/11
Al-Qaeda’s media arm, as-Sahab, released its video production for the eleventh anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, featuring new footage of al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri and the group’s American spokesman Adam Gadahn.
- Masada al-Mujahideen Gives Condolences for Abu Yahya al-Libi
Masada al-Mujahideen, a Palestinian militant faction, congratulated Abu Yahya al-Libi for attaining "martyrdom" and offered its condolences to al-Qaeda and Muslims in general for his loss.
- Ayman al-Zawahiri Gives Eulogy for Abu Yahya al-Libi
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri gave a eulogy for Abu Yahya al-Libi AKA Hasan Qa’id, acknowledging the death of the al-Qaeda official in a drone strike in Mir Ali, North Waziristan in June 2012.
- Husainan Lectures on Qualities of a Successful Preacher in as-Sahab Video
Khalid bin Abdul Rahman al-Husainan lectured on the qualities of a successful preacher, especially one preaching for jihad, in a video produced by al-Qaeda's media arm, as-Sahab.
- Jihadists Discuss if al-Qaeda Needs to Change its Strategy
Jihadists discussed if al-Qaeda needs to change its strategy, after one questioned if it's conceivable that the group fight local Arab states while the "biggest enemy," the United States, is left safe.
- Al-Qaeda's "Vanguards of Khorasan," Issue 21; Biography of Attiya Allah
Al-Fajr Media Center released the 21st issue of al-Qaeda in Afghanistan's e-magazine "Vanguards of Khorasan" on jihadist forums on August 17, 2012, featuring a biography of slain al-Qaeda official Attiya Allah.
- Al-Qaeda Security Expert Incites for Violence against Alawites
The Ansar al-Mujahideen Network published an article by Abu Obeida Abdullah al-'Adam inciting for violence against Alawites, a Shi'ite sect in Syria, for what is being committed against Sunnis by the Bashar al-Assad regime.
- Al-Qaeda's Pakistan Media Head Calls Fighters to Strike NATO Supply Lines
Ustadh Ahmad Farooq, al-Qaeda's head of media and preaching, called upon fighters to "pay special attention" to striking American and NATO supply lines in Pakistan and targeting the owners of supply contracting companies.
- Husainan Lectures on Importance of Good Qualities in as-Sahab Video
Khalid bin Abdul Rahman al-Husainan discussed the importance of having good manners and qualities in the eighth episode of his latest series of video lectures produced by al-Qaeda's media arm, as-Sahab for the holy month of Ramadan.
- "Vanguards of Khorasan" Editor Calls Yemenis to Stop Supporting Regime
The editor of al-Qaeda in Afghanistan's "Vanguards of Khorasan" magazine, Hossam Abdul Raouf AKA Abdul Hadi Mustafa, addressed Yemenis, urging those who support the government of Abd Rabbuh Mansour to stop, and to cease fighting al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP).
- Husainan Lectures on "Dangerous Illness" of Vanity in as-Sahab Video
As part of his latest Ramadan lecture series, al-Qaeda cleric Khalid bin Abdul Rahman al-Husainan AKA Abu Zeid al-Kuwaiti, spoke about the "dangerous illness" of vanity and how to treat it.
- Al-Qaeda Security Expert Advises How to Prevent Growth of Tribal Militias
Al-Fajr Media Center published a document by Abu Obeida Abdullah Khalid al-'Adam giving recommendations to fighters about how to prevent the growth of tribal militias patterned after the Awakening Councils that fought al-Qaeda in Iraq.
- Husainan Lectures on Supplication of Guidance in as-Sahab Video
Khalid bin Abdul Rahman al-Husainan lectured on the meaning behind a supplication asking for guidance and piety in a video produced by al-Qaeda's media arm, as-Sahab.
- Husainan Lectures on Aspects of Strength in as-Sahab Video
Khalid bin Abdul Rahman al-Husainan lectured on the "aspects of strength in the life of the believer," including constantly calling for virtue and going out for jihad, in a video produced by al-Qaeda's media arm, as-Sahab.
- As-Sahab Releases Urdu Lecture on Faith, Jihad
Al-Qaeda's media arm, as-Sahab, released an Urdu audio lecture from an individual named Maulvi Asim Umar about the benefits and necessity of jihad.
- GIMF Releases Letter from Imprisoned German Fighter to Fellow Prisoners
The Global Islamic Media Front (GIMF) released a letter from an imprisoned German fighter identified as Abu Khattab al-Muhajir addressing fellow prisoners and urging that they have patience amidst their difficulties.
- As-Sahab Video Urges Spending for Jihad
Al-Qaeda's media arm, as-Sahab, released a video urging Muslims to spend money for jihad, highlighting the good it will provide the fighters and the benefits donors will receive in the hereafter.
- Prominent Jihadist Recommends Propaganda Campaign to Defend al-Qaeda
A prominent jihadist recommended that fellow al-Qaeda supporters launch a propaganda campaign to defend the group against enemy attempts to harm it and its recruitment efforts.
- Libi Condemns American Ethics in War in New Video
Al-Qaeda official Abu Yahya al-Libi condemned America's ethics in war, drawing mostly on examples of soldiers' actions against civilians and fighters in Afghanistan in January and March, 2012, in a new video speech released on jihadist forums on June 22, 2012.
- Al-Fajr Releases Urdu-Language First Aid Manual for Fighters
Al-Fajr Media Center released an Urdu-language first aid manual for fighters, explaining how to treat burns, fractures, poisons, stings, and other issues.
- Zawahiri Demands Shariah in Egypt, Remarks on Razing of Bin Laden House
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri remarked on Pakistani authorities razing the house where Usama bin Laden lived in Abbottabad, and continued to demand that Shariah-based governance be instituted in Egypt in the tenth episode of his “A Message of Hope and Glad Tidings to Our People in Egypt” series.
- Libi Speaks on the Plight of Syrians in New Video
Al-Qaeda official Abu Yahya al-Libi spoke on the plight of Syrians in a new video speech released on jihadist forums on June 12, 2012.
- Jihadist Declares Revenge for Bin Laden Not Forgotten
Addressing "cowardly" Americans, a jihadist declared that supporters of al-Qaeda have not forgotten to avenge the assassination of Usama bin Laden.
- Zawahiri Urges Tunisians to Demand Shariah-Based Governance
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri urged Tunisians to demand Shariah-based governance in an audio speech released on jihadist forums on June 10, 2012.
- Al-Qaeda’s Pakistan Media Head Eulogizes Two Murdered Pakistani Clerics
Ahmad Farooq, al-Qaeda’s head of media and preaching in Pakistan, gave a eulogy for two Pakistani clerics who were murdered by unknown persons in May 2012, and held the Pakistani government responsible.
- Zawahiri’s Wife Addresses Women in Post-Arab Spring Countries
Al-Fajr Media Center released a message from the wife of al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri, Umayma Hassan Ahmed Muhammad Hassan, addressing Muslim women in the countries that experienced the Arab Spring.
- Jihadists React to News of Abu Yahya al-Libi's Death
After reports that a US drone strike in North Waziristan killed al-Qaeda official Abu Yahya al-Libi, some jihadists expressed doubt and believed the claim to be an enemy ploy, while others declared that whether he is alive or dead, jihad will continue.
- Zawahiri Reflects on Memories of Bin Laden in Second Episode of Series
Al-Qaeda's media arm, as-Sahab, released the second episode of the "Days with the Imam" video series in which al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri reflects on his memories of Usama bin Laden.
- Al-Qaeda Scholar Lectures on the Religious Benefits of Jihad
Al-Qaeda scholar Khalid bin Abdul Rahman al-Husainan lectured on what he considers to be the religious benefits of jihad in a video produced by al-Qaeda's media arm, as-Sahab.
- Zawahiri Speaks on Saudi Arabia in New Audio Speech
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri called upon Saudis to follow the example of their brethren who participated in the Arab Spring in countries such as Egypt, Libya, and Tunisia, and revolt against their government.
- Zawahiri Calls for Continued Revolution in Yemen
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri called upon Yemenis to continue their revolution against their government and demand the ouster of President Abu Rabbuh Mansur and all corrupt politicians who obey American orders.
- Zawahiri Urges Somalis to Embrace Jihad, Defy London Conference
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri called upon Somalis to defy the February 2012 London conference on Somalia and embrace jihad.
- Afghan Taliban Member Comments on Meeting Usama bin Laden
In a message commemorating the anniversary of Usama bin Laden's death, a member of the Afghan Taliban remarked on his meeting the now-former al-Qaeda leader and his associates in Afghanistan.