- Former JFS Official Calls for Unity, Deems Islamic State a “Cancer”
In the final installment of his open-interview, Australian cleric and former Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) official Mostafa Mahamed (AKA Abu Sulayman al-Muhajir) called for unity among Muslims and non-Muslims, discussed suicide operations and an Islamic government, and deemed the Islamic State (IS) a “cancer” that one must “completely eliminate.”
- Former JFS Official Calls U.K. Attacks “Completely Unjustified,” Discusses Reasons for Joining and Leaving NF/JFS
Australian cleric and former Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) official Mostafa Mahamed (AKA Abu Sulayman al-Muhajir) condemned the recent Manchester and London attacks, and explained why he joined—and later left—the Nusra Front (NF), al-Qaeda’s (AQ) former Syrian affiliate.
- Australian Cleric, Former JFS Official Declares IS a “Doomsday Cult on Steroids”
In an open interview, Australian cleric and former Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) official Mostafa Mahamed Farag (AKA Abu Sulayman al-Muhajir) decried the Islamic State (IS), declaring it a “doomsday cult on steroids” and labeling its leaders “a bunch of crazy men that love death and love killing.”
- Australian Cleric, Former JFS Official Points to London Bridge Attack to Decry IS
Australian cleric and former Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) official Mostafa Mahamed Farag (AKA Abu Sulayman al-Muhajir) pointed to the June 3, 2017, London Bridge attack and other incidents to decry the Islamic State (IS) and its supporters.
- Australian Cleric, Former JFS Official Takes Questions for Upcoming Open Interview
Australian cleric and former Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) official Mostafa Mahamed Farag (AKA Abu Sulayman al-Muhajir) promoted an upcoming open interview on his social media accounts, inviting both supporters and opponents to present him questions.
- Australian Cleric Remarks on U.S. Special Envoy for Syria’s Statement on Tahrir al-Sham
Mostafa Mahamed (AKA Abu Sulayman al-Muhajir), an Australian cleric and former Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) official, remarked on the statement from U.S. Special Envoy for Syria Michael Ratney regarding Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham and it allegedly being a front for al-Qaeda (AQ).
- JFS and Allied Groups Announce Dissolving to Form “Tahrir al-Sham Assembly”
Jihadist and Islamist opposition factions in Syria announced the formation of the “Tahrir al-Sham Assembly” (“Liberation of Syria Assembly”) amid escalating infighting amongst opposition factions.
- JFS Condemns SIC Fatwa Urging Rebels to Attack JFS
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) released a statement condemning the Syrian Islamic Council (SIC) for the double standard shown to the group and for being branded as “Renegades of Islam,” and the fatwa issued by the council which called upon the Syrian opposition factions to attack JFS until the group announces its disbanding.
- JFS Issues Clarification Regarding Conflicts and Attacks by Rebel Factions
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) claimed it was targeted by Suqoor al-Sham and Jaish al-Islam in separate attacks which it denounced, and expressed disbelief in being called “renegades of Islam” [term used for Islamic State fighters] by Suqoor al-Sham leader.
- JFS Elaborates on Recent Conflicts, Urges Cooperation Among Factions, Rejection of International Conventions
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) released a statement elaborating on the recent conflicts among rebel factions and JFS, as well as the truce talks and international conventions and their impact on the battlefield, and calling upon all rebel factions to reevaluate the circumstances and stand by and cooperate with JFS.
- Syrian Islamic Council Demands Opposition Factions in North Attack Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS)
The Syrian Islamic Council (SIC) demanded that Syrian opposition factions in the north attack Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS), arguing that it has adopted extremism towards fellow fighters and unjustifiably attacked their military positions.
- Ahrar al-Sham Rejects Isolating JFS, Urges JFS to Sharia Court
Ahrar al-Sham Islamic Movement declared it “rejects the scheme to alienate Jabhat Fateh al-Sham [JFS] and its being targeted by the international coalition and others,” while also warning it is essential that JFS cease transgression upon other rebel factions and submit to an independent Sharia court to settle all differences.
- JFS Announces Disavowal of Jund al-Aqsa, Due to Its Continued Conflict with Ahrar al-Sham
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) announced disowning Jund al-Aqsa due to the group’s continued infighting with Ahrar al-Sham, after explaining the reasons behind the initial acceptance of Jund al-Aqsa’s pledge for allegiance and what led to its disavowal.
- Shura Council of Scholars in Syria Urges JFS to Stop Support for Jund al-Aqsa
The Shura Council of Scholars in Sham [Syria] demanded that Jabhat Fateh al-Sham [JFS] release an official statement declaring disavowal of Jund al-Aqsa and urging that JFS cease support and protection for the faction.
- JFS Rejects Astana Meeting, Calls on Allies to Beware Such “Conspiracies”
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) rejected the meeting to be held in the Kazakh capital, Astana, regarding a political settlement with the Bashar al-Assad regime and a nationwide ceasefire, and called on its militant allies to beware such “conspiracies”.
- JFS Condemns American Airstrike on Training Camp in Aleppo, Declares U.S. Chose Assad Regime Over Syrian People
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) condemned the American airstrike on a training camp in western Aleppo in which over 100 fighters were reportedly killed, and declared that with this action the U.S. has shown it has chosen the Bashar al-Assad regime over the Syrian people.
- JFS Claims Killing 16 Russian Military Consultants in Double Suicide Bombing in Damascus
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) claimed killing 16 Russian military consultants, and “tens” of other enemy forces in a double suicide bombing carried out with explosive belts on January 12, 2017 in Kafr Sousah, Damascus after two months of observation of the enemy forces.
- JFS Suggests Methods of Protection from Airstrikes and Drones
The Security Division of Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) released a list of suggested methods to help fighters avoid drones and aerial attacks, following numerous recent casualties in the group’s ranks resulting from coalition airstrikes.
- JFS Video Shows Suicide Bombing Killing 15 in Beit Jenn, Western Ghouta
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) released a video featuring the suicide bombing which killed 15 soldiers of the regime forces at Beit Jenn intersection, near Sa’sa’ city in Western Ghouta.
- JFS Claims Killing 15 in Suicide Bombing in West Ghouta, More in Attacks in Homs
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) claimed killing more than 15 soldiers in Western Ghouta in a suicide operation, and tens of enemy forces in attacks in Homs.
- Fatwa for Merger Raises Criticism Among Rebel Factions in Syria
Rebel groups operating in Syria criticized the fatwa issued by prominent Islamic scholars calling for a merger among the Syrian rebel groups which was allegedly signed by Ahrar al-Sham, Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS), Ajnad al-Sham, Noor al-Dine al-Zanki, Turkistan Islamic Party (TIP) and others.
- JFS Officials Inspire Steadfastness Among Rebels In Video
A Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) video focused on significance of patience, unity, and resilience during jihad, and compared past and current battles to inspire and encourage steadfastness among the rebel fighters to achieve victory.
- JFS Spokesman Denies Rumors JFS Seeks Leadership of Large-Scale Merger
Following the fall of Aleppo, which brought leaders of opposition groups together in an attempt to initiate a large scale merger, Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) spokesman Husam al-Shafi'ee denied rumors that JFS will "swallow" the merger and assume control, and stated that such rumors are damaging to the goal of unification.
- JFS and Jaish al-Fateh Deny Involvement in Russian Ambassador’s Killing, Dismiss “Forged” Announcement
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) and the Jaish al-Fateh coalition of Syrian opposition groups denied involvement in the killing of Russian Ambassador to Turkey Andrey Karlov, calling a disseminated announcement of their responsibility “forged.”
- JFS Field Commander in Aleppo Discusses the Role of Kurdish Militia Forces in Syria
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) released a video discussing the role of the Kurdish militia forces, their tactics, and “treachery” in the battle of the rebels against the Syrian regime and its allies.
- Pro-JFS Groups Laud Assassin of Russian Ambassador to Turkey, Distribute List of Russian Embassies
Groups in support of Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) and other Syrian rebel factions lauded the assassin who killed the Russian ambassador to Turkey, and one group distributed a list of Russian embassies around the world and incited for violence against them.
- Pro-IS Group Increases Bounty on Pro-JFS Cleric Abdullah al-Muhaysini
The pro-Islamic State (IS) Nashir Media Foundation increased its bounty to kill prominent Saudi cleric and supporter of Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS), Abdullah al-Muhaysini, stating it is due to his “pivotal role” in the devastation facing Aleppo, Syria.
- Jihadists Demand Donations, Migration to Syrian Battlefronts amid Aleppo Siege
Jihadist fighters, clerics, and supporters on social media demanded that Muslims around the world wage jihad amid the ongoing siege on Aleppo by the Assad regime and allied forces.
- Australian Cleric, Former JFS Official Calls for Jihad to Support Aleppo Civilians, Cautions Against Support for IS
Mostafa Mahamed (AKA Abu Sulayman al-Muhajir), an Australian cleric and former Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) official, urged Muslims to participate in jihad to help civilians in Aleppo, and cautioned against support for the Islamic State (IS).
- JFS Video Shows Educational Center in Aleppo Teaching English and Arabic
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) released a video featuring a teaching facility in Aleppo which provides education in both English and Arabic languages.
- JFS Video States Severe Hardships Signify “Victory is Near”
The Aleppo Reporter of Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) released a video asserting that the extreme hardship and sufferings experienced on the ground are a sign that “victory of Allah is near.”
- JFS Member Calls “Rumours” of Split within Group “Baseless and Untrue”
A Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) member disputed “rumours” of a split within the group between “progressives” and al-Qaeda (AQ) supporters.
- Jihadi Ideologue Gives Biography for Slain Official in Syria Abu Abdullah al-Muhajir
Jihadi ideologue Hani al-Siba'i gave a biography for Abu Abdullah al-Muhajir (AKA Abu al-Afghan al-Masri), a veteran of the Afghan Jihad who was reportedly killed in a U.S. airstrike in Syria's Idlib governorate.
- JFS Claims Control of Points in Western Ghouta, Confrontations with Regime and Allied Forces in Aleppo, Qalamoun
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) claimed seizing various points in Khan al-Sheeh Farms, in Western Ghouta, and confrontations with the regime and pro-regime forces in Aleppo and Qalamoun.
- "Jund al-Shariah" in Idlib Joins Jabhat Fateh al-Sham
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) announced that a group called "Jund al-Shariah" has joined it and merged into its ranks.
- JFS Claims Capturing Villages in Aleppo, Start of New Battle near Daraa
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) claimed gaining control of multiple villages in Aleppo, attacking the regime forces on Itheria-Khanasir road, and the start of a new battle in the western countryside of Daraa.
- JFS Claims Two Suicide Operations at Start of New Battle for Aleppo
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) claimed two suicide operations on Syrian regime and allied forces amid opposition forces’ unfolding battle for Aleppo.
- JFS Claims Clashes with Regime in Aleppo, with IS in Qalamoun
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) claimed causing many casualties in clashes with the pro-regime militia forces in Aleppo, and with the Islamic State (IS) in Qalamoun.
- JFS Releases Sniping Video from Aleppo, Reports from Various Provinces
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) reported from fronts in Latakkia, Damascus, Aleppo, and Homs, and released a video showing the group’s sniping operations against the Syrian regime and pro-regime militia forces in the countryside of Aleppo.
- British Jihadi Fighter Calls War in Syria “Five-Star Jihad,” Urges Patience Despite Hardships
A jihadi media group disseminated an article by a British fighter in Syria urging migrants to be patient despite hardships, asserting “victory will take time.”
- Australian JFS Official Mostafa Mahamed Announces Resignation from Group
Mostafa Mahamed (AKA Abu Sulayman al-Muhajir), an Australian cleric and prominent Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) member in Syria, announced his resignation from the group.
- Groups in Jama’at al-Murabiteen Announce Pledge to Jabhat Fateh al-Sham
The four groups that compromise Jama’at al-Murabiteen announced their “total integration and pledge of allegiance to Jabhat Fateh al-Sham.”
- ‘Amaq Video Shows JFS Defector Describing Group’s “Apostasy”
The Islamic State’s (IS) ‘Amaq News Agency released a video showing an alleged Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) defector who turned himself into IS in Damascus.
- JFS Official Calls Jund al-Aqsa Dissolve “Well Overdue”
Mostafa Mahamed (AKA Abu Sulayman al-Muhajir), an Australian cleric and prominent Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) member in Syria, called the recent dissolve of Syrian jihadi group Jund al-Aqsa “overdue.”
- Rebels Launch Ashoura Battles Against Shiite Militia, Advance on al-Akrad Mountains
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham, Ahrar al-Sham Islamic Movement, Faylaq al-Sham, Turkistan Islamic Party (TIP), and other Syrian rebel factions announced the launch of operation al-Ashoura in Mount al-Akrad in the countryside of Latakkia, and claimed “liberating” various villages from the Syrian regime.
- Jihadists Celebrate Jund al-Aqsa’s Pledge to JFS, Discuss Discord of Syrian Rebel Groups
Following the announcement that Jund al-Aqsa would dissolve and join Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS), jihadists and Syrian opposition supporters on social media expressed differing opinions on the development.
- Jund al-Aqsa Dissolves, Pledges to Jabhat Fateh al-Sham
Following the ongoing tension between Jund al-Aqsa and Ahrar al-Sham, Jund al-Aqsa announced dissolving its ranks and joining Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) in order to “help those who are allied to it in continuing jihad” in Syria.
- JFS Official Mourns Shura Council Leader Killed in U.S. Airstrike, Threatens Revenge
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) official Abu Abdullah al-Shami mourned Abu Faraj al-Masri, an Egyptian veteran of jihad and member of its Shura Council, who was killed in a U.S. airstrike in Idlib, and threatened revenge.
- Pro-AQ Media Group: Fighters Leave JFS Because of Salary Issues, Lack of AQ Figures in Leadership
A pro-jihadist Telegram channel listed “reasons why many Mujahideen” leave Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS), claiming issues with salaries and a lack of al-Qaeda (AQ) figures within its leadership.
- JFS Video Shows Military Training of Youth in Aleppo
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) released a video of a training camp in Aleppo which was established following the regime’s siege of the city.
- JFS Confirms Death of Abu Faraj al-Masri in Coalition Airstrike in Idlib Countryside
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) confirmed the death of Abu Faraj al-Masri, an Egyptian member of the Shura Council, claiming that he was killed in a drone attack by the U.S.-led coalition airstrikes in the western countryside of Idlib.
- JFS, Ahrar al-Sham, Other Rebel Groups Claim Control of Various Points in Northern Countryside of Hama
Syrian rebel groups claimed capturing several villages and checkpoints in the northern countryside of Hama following clashes with the regime forces as part of Marwan Haded Battles.
- JFS Claims Freeing German Journalist and Her Baby from Captors
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) claimed that it freed German journalist Janina Findeisen and her baby from her captors in Syria.
- JFS Claims Capturing 4 Villages in Northern Countryside of Hama
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) claimed capturing four villages in the northern countryside of Hama after clashes with the Syrian regime and the pro-regime militia forces.
- JFS Video Criticizes Ceasefire, Calls U.S. Stance against Assad “Lies and Deception”
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham (JFS) released a video detailing tenants of the U.S.-Russia-brokered ceasefire deal for Syria, calling Russia “the cause of all hostilities” and characterizing America’s stated opposition to Assad as hollow.
- Jabhat Fateh al-Sham Leader Discusses Ceasefire Deal in al-Jazeera Interview
Abu Muhammad al-Julani, the leader of Jabhat Fateh al-Sham, formerly the Nusra Front, discussed the recent U.S.-Russian led ceasefire deal, previously proposed truces, the role of all involved parties, and the stance of the other Syrian rebel factions and people towards such proposals in an interview held by al-Jazeera.
- JFS Video Features Restoration of Tal-Hadiyah Following Temporary Displacement of its Residents
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham released a video showing the restoration activities in Tal-Hadiyah, south of Aleppo, following the temporary displacement of its residents which was caused by a potential takeover by the regime forces.
- JFS Launch “Operation Qadisiyya of the South” Against Regime, Claim Defeating IS in Eastern Qalamoun
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham announced the start of “Operation Qadisiyya of the South” to target the military positions of the regime forces in the northern countryside of Quneitra, and claimed killing an entire group of Islamic State (IS) fighters on Petra Mountains in Eastern Qalamoun.
- JFS Official Condemns U.S.-Russia-Brokered Ceasefire Deal: “No Honorable Group” Would Agree
Abu Sulayman al-Muhajir (AKA Mostafa Mahamed), an Australian cleric and Director of Foreign Media Relations with Jabhat Fateh al-Sham, condemned the U.S.-Russia-brokered ceasefire deal set to take effect on September 12, 2016.
- Jihadi Media Group Rereleases NF Video, Features Chant by Maldivian Suicide Bomber Calling Jihad “Obligatory”
Bilad al-Sham Media, a Jabhat Fateh al-Sham-associated media group dedicated to Maldivians fighting in Syria, rereleased a Nusra Front (NF) video memorializing a Maldivian suicide-bomber and featuring a chant in which he calls fighting “obligatory.”
- Jabhat Fateh al-Sham Releases Statement on the Death of Commander, Accuses US of “Alliance” with Russia
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham released a statement, in English, regarding the recent death of their General Commander, Abu Umar Saraqib, accusing the US of aiding Russia in weakening “the forces fighting the Assad regime.”
- Jabhat Fateh al-Sham and TIP Division in Syria Eulogize Military Commander Killed in Airstrike
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham issued a eulogy for one of its commanders, Abu Umar Saraqib, who was killed in an airstrike at the military operations room of the Jaish al-Fateh rebel coalition in Aleppo, Syria.
- Jabhat Fateh al-Sham Infographic Claims 14 Suicide Bombings in 100 Days in Syria
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham published an infographic on suicide operations by the group’s fighters, identifying 14 attacks carried out in 100 days.