- Depicting Fighter Overlooking New York City, IS-aligned Group Gives Warning
On a poster depicting an armed fighter overlooking New York City, an Islamic State (IS)-aligned group gave a warning to "worshipers of the cross".
- IS Media Affiliate Releases Video of Fighter Beheading Accused Spy in Tunisia
Furat Media, an Islamic State (IS) media affiliate that has been inactive for several months, resumed its activity, releasing a video of a fighter beheading an accused spy in Tunisia.
- Jihadists Incite for Attacks on Churches as Reciprocity for New Zealand Shootings
In posts, jihadists have incited for attacks on churches as reciprocity for the deadly shootings at the Al Noor Mosque and the Linwood Islamic Centre in New Zealand.
- IS-aligned Group Uses Footage of New Zealand Attack in Video Inciting Muslims to Attack "Crusaders"
An Islamic State (IS)-aligned group used footage recorded by the Christchurch, New Zealand, attacker, among anti-Islamic imagery and clips, to incite Muslims to attack "Crusaders". Muntasir Media Foundation released a 3 minute, 32 second, English-subtitled video entitled, "They Are One Sect," on March 16, 2019, one day after the deadly shooting at the Al Noor Mosque and the Linwood Islamic Centre.
- IS Supporter Calls to Attack Relatives of New Zealand Mosques Shooter, Strike Churches
Amid venomous posts demanding revenge for the massacre at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, an Islamic State (IS) supporter called on lone wolves to attack relatives of the shooter and also to strike churches.
- In Revenge for Christchurch, IS Supporters Urge Killing Australian Tourists
A message disseminated by Indonesian IS-linked channels and groups, issued in response to remarks by a Queensland senator, incited to target Australian tourists commanding: “stab and cut the kuffar in revenge for the Muslim blood they spilled!”
- Jihadists, Both AQ- and IS-aligned, Enraged by Attack at New Zealand Mosques, Demand and Incite for Revenge
In response to the deadly attack at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, jihadists, both al-Qaeda (AQ)- and Islamic State (IS)-aligned, expressed their outage in the form of demanding and inciting for revenge.
- IS' West Africa Province Claims Rocket Strike on Diffa Airport in Niger
The Islamic State's West Africa Province (ISWAP) claimed a rocket strike on Diffa Airport in Niger.
- IS Claims Killing 16 Filipino Soldiers, Wounding 32 Others in Clash in Lanao Del Sur
As the Islamic State's East Asia Province renews its military activity in the Philippines, the group claimed killing 16 Filipino soldiers and wounding 32 others in a clash in Lanao del Sur, in Mindinao.
- Afghan Taliban Condemns Attack on Mosques in New Zealand
The Afghan Taliban condemned the attack on two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, while reminding that Muslims in Afghanistan are also subjected to strikes.
- In First Official Video Release Since Siege on Baghuz, IS Fighters Boast "Firmness" in Town
In its first official video release since the SDF and coalition besieged Baghuz, the last bastion of the Islamic State's (IS) "Caliphate" in Syria, in early-February 2019, fighters boast of "firmness" in the town and their continued following of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.
- IS-linked Media Group Threatens Paris in Two Posters, Provides Design Tools for Supporters to Make Their Own Warnings
An Islamic State (IS)-linked media group threatened Paris, France, in two posters, and provided design tools and guidance for supporters to make their own warnings.
- Shabaab Publishes Photos of Weapons and Gear of Allegedly Slain U.S. Special Forces Operation Commander
Following-up on its claim for thwarting a raid by U.S. Special Forces outside Mogadishu and killing the operation commander, the Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement published photos of his alleged weapons and gear, including 200 USD and a picture of Jesus Christ.
- IS Claims Killing 27 Filipino Soldiers in Clashes in Mindanao
The Islamic State (IS), through its 'Amaq News Agency, claimed killing 27 Filipino soldiers in clashes in Mindanao, in the south of the Philippines.
- IS Resumes Attack Reporting from Baghuz, Claims Multiple Attacks on SDF
The Islamic State (IS) resumed its attack reporting from Baghuz, the town in Deir al-Zour, Syria, representing the last vestige of its "Caliphate," after a month of silence, and claimed multiple attacks on Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF).
- Afghan Taliban Slams U.S. State Department Human Rights Report for Hypocrisy
The Afghan Taliban slammed the latest human rights report issued by the U.S. State Department, deeming it hypocritical.
- IS' West Africa Province Claims Suicide Bombing on Nigerian Soldiers in Arege
The Islamic State's West Africa Province (ISWAP) claimed a suicide bombing - an attack method it has not documented for nearly a year - on Nigerian soldiers in Arege, a town in Borno state.
- IS-aligned Group Presents Fighters with "General Rules for Fortification"
Presenting fighters with what it called "general rules for fortification," an Islamic State (IS)-aligned group advised in protecting their positions in enemy territory.
- Foreign Fighter-Centric Group Dismisses European Countries Withdrawing Citizenship from IS Fighters
Al-Muhajireen Foundation, an Islamic State (IS)-aligned foreign fighter-centric group, dismissed European countries withdrawing citizenship from IS fighters, considering it irrelevant.
- IS' Naba 173 Features Biography of Group's "French Voice" Fabien Clain (Abu Anas al-Firansi)
In the 173rd issue of its weekly newspaper, al-Naba, the Islamic State (IS0 featured a biography of Fabien Clain (AKA Abu Anas al-Firansi), regarding as the group's "French voice".
- 6th Issue of IS-linked Magazine Features Article Inciting Attacks in Bangladesh
The publishers of the Islamic State (IS)-linked "Shabaab al-Khilafah" (Youth of the Caliphate) magazine featured in its sixth issue a user contribution inciting lone-wolf attacks in Bangladesh.
- Shabaab Claims Thwarting U.S. Special Forces Raid Outside Mogadishu and Killing Operation Commander
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, claimed thwarting a raid by U.S. Special Forces outside Mogadishu and killing the operation commander.
Shahada News Agency, an Arabic media unit of the group, published an article on March 12, 2019, stating that after midnight that day, fighters took both American and Somali Special Forces by surprise as they were preparing to launch an offensive on the town of Dar al-Salam, in Lower Shabelle region, 60 kilometers southwest of the capital.
- IS' Naba Identifies 156 Casualties in 44 Attacks in Breakdown of Ops (Feb 28 - March 6)
The Islamic State's (IS) al-Naba newspaper, Issue 172, featured an infographic identifying 156 casualties in 44 attacks - its lowest number of recorded attacks in eight months - in a breakdown of IS military actions for the week of February 28 - March 6, 2019.
- HTS Red Bands Claim Raids in Hama against SAA
Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham’s (HTS) elite forces carried out a double operation against the SAA in Hama as part of its “Heal the Chests of the Believers” campaign.
- 'Amaq Video Shows Explosion at Traffic Police Post in Kabul, Reports Two Officers Killed
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency released a video showing an explosion at a traffic police post in the Afghan capital, Kabul, reporting killing two officers.
- IS Claims Killing 10 Filipino Soldiers, Wounding 10 Others in Clashes in Lanao del Sur
The Islamic State's East Asia Province claimed killing 10 Filipino soldiers and wounding 10 others in clashes in Lanao del Sur.
- Poster Incites Lone-Wolf Knife Attacks in NYC
An Islamic State (IS/ISIS)-linked media group published a poster calling for lone-wolf attacks in New York City.
- IS-linked Group Depicts Brandenburg Gate Ablaze, Truck from 2016 Christmas Market Attack to Threaten Berlin
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group depicted the Brandenburg Gate ablaze and the truck from the IS-inspired December 2016 Christmas market attack to to threaten the German capital, Berlin.
- IS’ West Africa Province Claims Killing 30 in Diffa Region of Niger, Small-Scale Attacks in Nigeria
The Islamic State’s (IS) West Africa Province claimed killing 30 Nigerien soldiers, and wounding others, as the result of an armed assault in Diffa, Niger.
- AQ-aligned Hurras al-Deen in Syria Praises Shabaab and Afghan Taliban for Their Respective Large-Scale Raids
On its own, separate from the "Incite the Believers" Operations Room to which it belongs, the al-Qaeda (AQ)-aligned Syria-based Hurras al-Deen issued a statement praising the Afghan Taliban and the Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement for their respective large-scale raids.
- Lone Wolves Encouraged to Follow Example of IS-inspired Magnanville Attacker and "Answer the Call"
A message directed to lone-wolf jihadists encouraged they follow the example of the Islamic State (IS)-inspired Larossi Abballa, who stabbed to death a police officer and police secretary in Magnanville, France, in June 2016, and "answer the call".
- Pro-IS Newspaper "Liwa al-Ansar" Warns Group "Will Burn the Lands of the Cross"
The editors of the pro-Islamic State (IS) "Liwa' al-Ansar" (Brigade of the Supporters) newspaper warned that group fighters and those it inspires "will burn the lands of the Cross," naming the United States, Belgium, Britain, Canada, France, and Russia.
- Shabaab Reports 40 Somali Tribal Leaders Pledging Allegiance to its Leader and Vowing to Fight "Occupiers" Together
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, reported that 40 Somali tribal leaders pledged allegiance to its leader, Abu Ubaidah Ahmed Umar, and vowed to fight the "occupiers" together.
- Alleged Audio from IS Fighter in Baghuz Incites Muslims in Europe and Elsewhere to Avenge the Besieged
An audio message attributed to an Islamic State (IS) fighter in Baghuz, Syria, incites Muslims in Europe and elsewhere to avenge the besieged, claiming that the enemy has created a "holocaust" for the people in the town.
- IS-aligned Group Demands Supporters in West Avenge Besieged Fighters in Baghuz, Equates Inaction to Cowardice
An Islamic State (IS)-aligned group demanded supporters in the West o avenge besieged fighters in Baghuz, Syria, through lone-wolf attacks, and equated inaction to cowardice.
- IS-linked Group Depicts Trump as Prisoner as City Burns
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group depicted U.S. President Donald Trump as a prisoner on a street in a burning city.
- AQAP Official Attacks Saudi Arabia for "Quickening" Normalization with Israel, Urges Regime Change
After the release of a speech only 10-days prior regarding the UAE and the historic papal mass in Abu Dhabi, Khalid Batarfi, an official in al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), attacked Saudi crown prince Muhammad bin Salman for "quickening" the normalization process with Israel, and again urged regime change in the region.
- AQIM Official Champions Algerian Protests Against Bouteflika, Describes President as "Mummy"
Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) released an audio speech from group official Abu Obeida Yusuf al-’Annabi, championing the Algerian protests against current president Abdelziz Boutflika announcing he would stand for re-election, calling him a "mummy" and urging the people press forward to demand Shariah-based governance.
- IS’ West Africa Province Claims Killing 30 in Diffa Region of Niger, Small-Scale Attack in Nigeria
The Islamic State’s (IS) West Africa Province claimed killing 30 Nigerien soldiers, and wounding others, as the result of an armed assault in Diffa, Niger.
- IS Claims Killing 3 Americans in Suicide Bombing in Aleppo
After its 'Amaq News Agency reported a suicide bombing on a joint U.S.-SDF convoy in Aleppo, the Islamic State (IS) issued a formal communique stating that three Americans were killed.
- IS Claims Suicide Bombing on U.S.-SDF Convoy in Aleppo
The Islamic State (IS) claimed through its 'Amaq News Agency a suicide bombing on a joint convoy of Americans and Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) in Aleppo.
- In Ambush and Ensuing Clash in Northern Iraq, IS Claims 45 Casualties in PMU Ranks
The Islamic State (IS) claimed inflicting 45 casualties in the Population Mobilization Unit (PMU) ranks in an ambush and ensuing clash in northern Iraq.
- Threatening Coalition Countries, English IS Recruitment Account Declares Caliphate "On the Verge” of Revival
An English-language Islamic State (IS/ISIS) recruitment account on social media incited against Saudi Arabia and the Netherlands, declaring IS to be “on the verge of the revival of the Caliphate.”
- AQ-aligned Group Publishes Regulatory Guide for Jihadi Media Personnel
An al-Qaeda (AQ)-aligned group published a regulatory guide for jihadi media personnel to avoid infiltration of their ranks and deviation of their purpose.
- IS' West Africa Province Claims Attack on Nigerian Checkpoint in Dambowa (Borno)
The Islamic State's West Africa Province (ISWAP) claimed an attack on a Nigerian military checkpoint in Dambowa, a town in Borno state.
- Shabaab Claims Bombing Vehicle Transporting "Foreign Mercenaries Believed to be Americans" in Mogadishu
The same day it detonated a car bomb outside the Presidential Palace in Mogadishu, the Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement claimed bombing a vehicle belonging to "foreign Mercenaries Believed to be Americans," also in the Somali capital.
- In Formal Communique for Kabul Attack, IS' Khorasan Province Claims Firing 77 Projectiles and Deploying Two Fighters for Clash
In its formal communique for attack at a Shi'a ceremony in Kabul, the Islamic State's Khorasan Province (ISKP) claimed firing a total of 77 projectiles at the site and deploying two fighters to engage the enemy.
- Shabaab Claims Car Bombing at Presidential Palace Checkpoint in Mogadishu
Continuing to focus on Mogadishu, and demonstrate its ability to bypass security, the Shabaab al-Mujahideen Mujahideen claimed credit for the car bombing at a checkpoint of the Presidential Palace in the capital.
- IS Claims Attack on Shi'a Ceremony Attended by Government Officials in Kabul
The Islamic State (IS) claimed credit for the attack on a Shi'a ceremony attended by Afghan government officials in the capital, Kabul.
- HTS Military Commander Warns Syrian Regime that 35 Dead in Latakia Raid is "Beginning of the Rainstorm"
Hay'at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS) released a video speech from its military commander, Abu Khalid al-Shami, warning the Syrian regime that the 35 soldiers killed in the recent raid in Latakia is only the "beginning of the rainstorm" should it continue to bomb liberated areas.
- IS Claims 55 Casualties Among Afghan Security Forces and Airport Staff in 2-man Suicide Raid in Jalalabad
The Islamic State's Khorasan Province (ISKP) claimed inflicted 55 casualties among Afghan security forces and airport staff in a two-man suicide raid in Jalalabad, the capital of Nangarhar, Afghanistan.
- IS Claims 7 Casualties Among U.S. and Afghan Forces in Bombings in Nangarhar
The Islamic State (IS) claimed inflicting seven casualties among American and Afghan forces in multiple bombings in Nangarhar province, eastern Afghanistan.
- IS Supporter Displays Trump and U.S. Capitol on Fire in Poster Reiterating Bin Laden Threat
An Islamic State (IS) supporter displayed U.S. President Donald Trump and the U.S. Capitol building on fire in a poster reiterating a threat from former al-Qaeda (AQ) leader Usama bin Laden.
- IS' Naba Identifies 140 Casualties in 51 Attacks in Breakdown of Ops (Feb 21-27)
The Islamic State's (IS) al-Naba newspaper, Issue 171, featured an infographic identifying 140 casualties in 51 attacks, in a breakdown of IS operations for the week of February 21-27, 2019.
- IS Incites Uyghur Muslims to Fight Chinese Government, Muslims Elsewhere to Target Chinese Nationals and Economic Interests
The Islamic State (IS) incited Uyghur Muslims to fight the Chinese government domestically and for Muslims elsewhere to target Chinese nationals and economic interests.
- With Photo from 7/7 London Bombings, Prominent IS Supporter Posts Possible Address to Target on Tactical Manual Repository
On a poster displaying the wreckage of a double-decked bus at Tavistock Square during the 7/7 bombings in London, a prominent Islamic State (IS) supporter placed a possible address to target, and published it on his tactical manual repository.
- Noting Discovery of Explosive Packages in London, IS-aligned Group Declares London "Remains in Terror"
Noting the discovery of explosive packages at major transit hubs in London, an Islamic State (IS)-aligned group published a poster declaring that the city "remains in terror".
- Shabaab Retakes Fahfahdun After Seven Years, Reports on Capture of Town and Attack on Withdrawing Kenyan Forces
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement announced its recapture of Fahfahdun, a town in Somalia's Gedo region, and claimed attacking Kenyan forces as they withdrew, in addition to providing new details on the suicide raid at the Makka al-Mukarama Hotel in Mogadishu.
- Afghan Taliban Reports Uzbek Officials Meeting with Political Chief in Doha, Provides Update on Negotiations with U.S.
The Afghan Taliban reported that its Political Chief, Mullah Baradar Akhund, met with the Uzbek Foreign Minister and another official in Doha, and provided updates on its ongoing negotiations with the United States.
- Pro-AQ Jihadists in Syria Release Q&A Video with Fighters, Gives Questionnaire for Forthcoming Magazine
The pro- al-Qaeda (AQ) jihadists in Syria behind al-Haqiqa Magazine released a Q&A video featuring two fighters, and separately, gave a questionnaire for the forthcoming issue of its periodical.
- IS-aligned Group Threatens France in Poster Depicting Fighter Monitoring Eiffel Tower
An Islamic State (IS)-aligned group threatened France in a poster depicting a fighter monitoring the Eiffel Tower.
- Syria-Based Elite Forces Group Recruits for Medical Professional
Malhama Tactical (MT), a military instructor group that trains Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham’s (HTS) elite forces, put out an advertisement for an instructor to teach tactical medicine.
- IS-aligned Muhajireen Foundation Gives a Biography of Alleged British Convert, Notes Path of Travel to Syria
The foreign fighter-centric Muhajideen Foundation, an Islamic State (IS)-aligned group, published a biography of an alleged British convert and noted his path and that of his companions to Syria.
- HTS Claims Killing 35 During Raid on SAA in Latakia
Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS) claimed a raid on SAA and pro-regime militias in the Mount Turkman area of Latakia governorate killing 35.
- IS-aligned Group Publishes Message Inspiring "Mobile Bombs" who Wage Lone-Wolf Attacks in the West and Post on Social Media
An Islamic State (IS)-aligned group published a message inspiring jihadists to be "mobile bombs" who either wage lone-wolf attacks in the West or post IS media on social media.
- Shabaab Claims 135 Casualties and Reiterates Mission to "Paralyze" Government in Formal Communique for Makka al-Mukaraha Hotel Raid
After its Shahada News Agency reported its responsibility for the suicide raid at the Makka al-Mukarama Hotel in Mogadishu, the Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement issued a formal communique in which it claimed killing over 135 casualties, and reiterated its mission to "paralyze" the Somali government.
- In Final Report on Shurab Airbase Raid, Afghan Taliban Claims 397 Killed Among American and Afghan Troops
At the conclusion of the 46-hour, 9-man suicide raid at the Shurab Airbase in Helmand, Afghanistan, the Afghan Taliban claimed killing a total of 397 American and Afghan troops, and declared the operation as revenge for deliberate civilian casualties caused by these forces.
- HTS Executes 10 IS Fighters in Retaliation for Suicide Bombing in Idlib
Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS) executed 10 alleged IS fighters in the city of Idlib the day after an IS suicide bombing at a local restaurant.
- Afghan Taliban Reports Suicide Raid Still Ongoing at Shurab Airbase in Helmand, Over 200 Casualties Incurred by American and Afghan Forces
In an update to the suicide raid by Afghan Taliban fighters at the Shurab Airbase in Helmand, the group reported that clashes inside the location have surpassed 33 hours and are still ongoing, despite claims by the Afghan government to the contrary.
- IS Claims Suicide Attack at Civil-Military Relations HQ in Raqqah, Threatens Tribal Elders
The Islamic State (IS) claimed a suicide attack involving a single fighter on a Civil-Military Relations headquarters in Syria's Raqqah governorate, and threatened tribal elders cooperating with the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF).
- IS' West Africa Province Claims Killing 10 Nigerian Soldiers in Clash Near Maiduguri, Shows Bloody Corpse of Enemy
The Islamic State's West Africa Province (ISWAP) claimed killing 10 Nigerian soldiers in a clash near Maiduguri, in Borno state, and published photos of a bloody corpse from the enemy and a vehicle captured as war spoils.
- IS Supporter Incites Lone Wolves to Ignite a "Baghuz" in Chicago, Moscow, and Paris
An Islamic State (IS) supporter incited lone wolves in the "land of the disbelievers" to ignite a "Baghuz" in Chicago, Moscow, and Paris.
- Depicting Paris in Flames, IS-aligned Group Reminds of Former IS Spokesman's Prayer for God's Wrath on Enemy
An Islamic State (IS)-aligned group depicted Paris in flames in reminding of former IS spokesman Abu Muhammad al-'Adnani's prayer for God's wrath on the enemy.
- Shabaab Media Unit Gives Details on Suicide Raid at Makka al-Mukarama Hotel in Mogadishu
A media unit for the Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, provided details on the suicide raid at the Makka al-Mukarama Hotel in the capital, Mogadishu.
- IS Claims Wounding Tunisian Soldier in Landmine Explosion in Gafsa
The Islamic State (IS) claimed wounding a Tunisian soldier was wounded in a landmine explosion in Tunisia's Gafsa governorate.
- AQAP Claims Wounding 2 SBF in Bombing in Abyan, Attacking IS in al-Bayda'
Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) claimed wounding two troops from the UAE-backed Security Belt Forces (SBF) in Yemen's Abyan governorate, and two attacks on the Islamic State (IS) in al-Bayda'.
- Afghan Taliban Claims 40 U.S. Soldiers, 30 Afghans Killed Thus Far in Ongoing Suicide Raid at Shurab Airbase in Helmand
The Afghan Taliban has provided several updates on an ongoing multi-man suicide raid at the Shurab Airbase in Helmand province, southern Afghanistan, the latest of which is the alleged killing of 40 American soldiers and 30 Afghans.
- Poster Incites for Stabbing Attacks Against ‘Disbelievers’
A prominent Islamic State (IS/ISIS)-linked group called for stabbing attacks against “disbelievers,” in what appears to be a reference to avenging IS wives.
- HTS Special Forces Training Group Answers Inquiry on Twitter, Directs Communication to Telegram
Demonstrating how jihadists use Twitter for communication, a Syria-based military training group affiliated with Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS) obliged a Twitter account’s request to “make contact” with it by providing Telegram account information.
- IS Claims Beheading Spy, Booby-Trapping Area Around Corpse in Tunisia's Sidi Bouzid Governorate in Naba 171
The Islamic State (IS) claimed beheading a spy and then booby-trapping the area around his corpse to ambush enemies, in Djebel Mghila, in Tunisia's Sidi Bouzid governorate.
- Shabaab Claims Credit for Suicide Raid at Hotel in Downtown Mogadishu
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, claimed credit for the suicide raid at a hotel in downtown Mogadishu.
- JNIM Macina Official Remarks on French Claims of His Death in Visual Interview with Group and AQIM Media Representatives
Jama'at Nusrat al-Islam wal Muslimeen (JNIM) released a video of its Macina region official, Muhammad Kouffa, sitting for an interview with the group's media wing and that of AQIM, regarding the French military claiming to have killed him.
- Video of HTS Fighters in PKM & RPG Weapons Training
Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS) published a video featuring its fighters being trained with PKM and RPG weapons.
- HTS Claims Series of Artillery Attacks on Syrian Military Positions in Aleppo
Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS) began an operation called “And Heal the Chests of the Believers” targeting the SAA and pro-regime militants with projectiles in Aleppo governorate.
- AQAP Official Uses Occasion of Papal Mass in UAE to Incite Regime Change in Region
Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) delivered a video speech using the occasion of the historic papal mass in the UAE to incite regime change in the regime.
- Afghan Taliban Demands IGOs and NGOs Fulfill Duty and Condemn U.S. Airstrikes, Raids in Civilian Areas
Suggesting that silence from intergovernmental organizations (IGOs) and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to civilian casualties emboldens the U.S. to carry out its alleged massacres, the Afghan Taliban demanded these institutions fulfill their responsibilities and make an outcry.
- JNIM Identifies, Provides Photos of Executors of EU Training Center Suicide Bombing
One day after claiming credit for the suicide raid at a center for a European Union training mission near the Malian capital, Bamako, Jama'at Nusrat al-Islam wal Muslimeen (JNIM) identified and provided photos of the two suicide bombers.
- In Media Interview, IS Widow Echoes Reports that Women Ordered to Leave Baghuz
In a recent media interview, a female Islamic State (IS/ISIS) member in Syria claimed that women were ordered to leave Baghuz, the group's last remaining territory in Syria, ahead of a pending offensive to retake the town.
- AQ-aligned Jihadi Coalition Claims 14 Casualties Among Syrian Regime Forces in Raid in Aleppo
The "'Incite the Believers' Operations Room," a Syria-based al-Qaeda (AQ)-aligned coalition of jihadi factions including Hurras al-Deen, claimed inflicting 14 casualties among regime forces in a raid in Aleppo.
- IS' West Africa Province Claims Killing 3 Nigerian Soldiers in Ambush Northeast of Maiduguri
The Islamic State's West Africa Province (ISWAP) claimed killing three Nigerian soldiers in an ambush northeast of Maiduguri, in Borno state.
- AQ Jihadists Confirm Deaths of JNIM Deputy and "Ansar al-Shariah in Tunisia" Founder
Al-Qaeda (AQ)-linked jihadists confirmed the deaths of JNIM deputy leader Yahya Abu al-Hammam and "Ansar al-Shariah in Tunisia" founder Abu Ayyad al-Tunisi, both in a French military operation in Mali.
- JNIM Claims Suicide Raid on EU Training Mission at the Koulikoro Center Outside Bamako
Jama'at Nusrat al-Islam wal Muslimeen (JNIM), al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Mali, claimed credit for the suicide raid on a European Union training mission at the Koulikoro center outside the capital, Bamako.
- Shabaab Alleges Civilian Deaths in U.S. Airstrike in Qunyo Barrow, Attacks on Somalia MP in Mogadishu and AMISOM Helicopter in Lower Shabelle
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement charged the U.S. with civilian deaths in an airstrike in Qunyo Barrow, using a disturbing photo of a killed baby as evidence, and claimed credit for the assassination of Somali MP Osman Elmi Boqore in the capital, and hitting an AMISOM helicopter with an RPG as it sat at a base in Lower Shabelle.
- After Nigerian Elections, IS' West Africa Province Continues Military Activity in Attacking Soldiers in Borno Town
After its attack surge on the day of the Nigerian elections, the Islamic State's West Africa Province (ISWAP) continued its military activity, attacking soldiers in a town in Borno state.
- Depicting Prague Cityscape, IS-linked Group Declares "Caliphate is Coming"
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group depicted two fighters overlooking Prague in a poster declaring the coming of the "Caliphate" and the imposition of Shariah-based governance.
- Syria-Based Jihadi Training Group Resurfaces on Twitter
A Syria-based jihadi instructor group that trains Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham’s (HTS) elite forces returned to Twitter with videos and photo reports advertising its military training courses.
- Afghan Taliban Says Qatar Sent Private Plane for Political Chief to Participate in Negotiations
Following up on its prior report about Mullah Baradar Akhund being unable to participate in negotiations with the U.S. due to the UNSC blacklist, the Afghan Taliban announced that he ultimately did attend, where Qatar provided a private airplane for his travel.
- AQAP Claims Attacks on IS in al-Bayda', Bombing SBF in Abyan and Killing at Least 4 Including Commander
Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) claimed a sniper attack and raid on Islamic State (IS) fighters in Yemen's al-Bayda' governorate, and bombing UAE-backed Security Belt Forces (SBF) in Abyan, killing at least four elements including a commander.
- IS' West Africa Province Claims Multiple Mortar Strikes on Nigerian Soldiers in Borno and Yobe
The Islamic State's West Africa Province (ISWAP) claimed multiple mortar strikes on Nigerian soldiers in Borno and Yobe states, all of which took place during the country's elections.
- IS' West Africa Province Claims Mortar Strike on Nigerian Soldiers in Goneri (Borno)
The Islamic State's West Africa Province (ISWAP) claimed a mortar strike on Nigerian soldiers in Goneri, a town in Borno state.