- IS Claims Attack on Military Parade in Southern Iran, Killing and Wounding over 100
The Islamic State’s (IS) Khorasan Province claimed responsibility for killing and wounding over 100 Iranian forces in Southern Iran.
- IS Claims Attack on IRGC Military Parade in Iranian City of Ahvaz
Through its 'Amaq News Agency, the Islamic State (IS) claimed credit for the attack on a military parade in the Iranian city of Ahvaz.
- IS-linked Group Raises Specter of Threat to Australia in Posters
Shortly after Islamic State (IS) supporters distributed posters suggesting IS-inspired individuals are behind the strawberry scare in Australia, an IS-linked group released its own images raising the specter of such a threat.
- Statement Attributed to NIM Deputy Leader Warns Tribesmen from Cooperating with Enemy Forces
A statement attributed to Yahya Abu al-Hammam, the deputy leader of al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Mali Nusrat al-Islam wal Muslimeen (JNIM), warned tribesmen from cooperating with enemy forces, announcing that one individual was already executed in Timbuktu.
- IS Supporters Suggest Group-Inspired Individuals Behind Australia Strawberry Scare
In a series of posters, Islamic State (IS) supporters suggested that group-inspired individuals are behind the strawberry scare in Australia.
- IS' al-Hayat Identifies 483 Casualties in 127 Attacks in Statistical Breakdown of Ops (September 13-19)
The Islamic State (IS) released the eighth episode in a video series providing statistical breakdowns of IS operations, covering in this installment the week of September 13-19, 2018.
- AQAP Claims Killing 4 Houthis, 2 SBF in Attacks in al-Bayda' and Abyan
Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) claimed killing a total of four Houthi fighters and two soldiers from the UAE-backed Security Belt Forces (SBF) in attacks in Yemen's al-Bayda' and Abyan province.
- Pro-IS Group Accuses AQAP Fighters of Risking Civilian Lives in Battling IS, Causing Death of Girl
A Yemen-focused pro-Islamic State (IS) group accused al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) fighters of risking civilian lives in battling the IS and causing the death of a young girl.
- After Depicting U.S. President Trump Beheaded, Pro-IS Group Portrays Him Shot
A pro-Islamic State (IS) group portrayed U.S. President Donald Trump shot in the head, in a poster claiming that fighters will ultimately conquer America.
- HTS’ Ebaa Releases App On Google Play
Ebaa News Agency, a news channel for Syria-based Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS), released a news app on Google Play which it claims provides a “huge archive of local and international news archives” as well as news concerned with the Syrian revolution and “communicating the voices of the oppressed in Syria.
- IS Claims Killing 15 U.S.-"PKK" Forces and Wounding 25 Others in Hasakah, Threatens Escalation in Battle
The Islamic State (IS) claimed killing 15 U.S. and "PKK" forces and wounding 25 others in a bomb blast and clash in Syria's Hasakah governorate, and threatened an escalation in the battle.
- IS 'Amaq Reports Ambush on U.S.-"PKK" Forces in Hasakah
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported that group fighters ambushed a convoy of American and "PKK" forces in Syria's Hasakah governorate.
- Afghan Taliban Boasts 877 Government "Administration Workers" Joined Group in August, 50 Soldiers in September
The Afghan Taliban boasted that 877 Afghan government "administration workers" joined its group in August 2018 and that 50 soldiers have thus far switched sides to it in September.
- Shabaab Claims Killing 23 Somali Soldiers in 2-Day Period, Reports Enemy Drone Hitting Hospital and School
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, claiming killing 23 Somali soldiers combined in two attacks in Gedo and Lower Juba in two days, and reported an enemy drone hitting a general hospital and school for boys in Middle Juba.
- IS Claims Killing Three U.S. Soldiers in Thwarted Anbar Airdrop
The Islamic State (IS) claimed killing three U.S. soldiers during an attempted airdrop in Anbar, Iraq.
- AQ Fighters Announce Presence in Burkina Faso in Video
Fighters belonging to al-Qaeda (AQ) announced their presence in Burkina Faso in a video.
- IS Media Affiliate Releases English Chant Promoting Jihad as a Form of Worship
The Islamic State (IS) affiliated Furat Media released an English nasheed (chant) promoting jihad as a form of worship.
- Depicting U.S. President Trump Assassinated, IS-linked Group Echoes Baghdadi's Threat of Attacks to Come
Depicting U.S. President Donald Trump assassinated, an Islamic State (IS)-linked group echoed the threat of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi of more attacks and violent conflict to come.
- IS Claims Credit for Bombing on Filipino Civilians in General Santos
The Islamic State (IS) claimed credit for the bombing in General Santos city in which seven Filipino civilians, including a six-year-old girl, were wounded.
- Shabaab Claims Bombing Kenyan Military Vehicles in Lower Juba, Assassination Attempt on Somali MP in Mogadishu
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, claimed bombing Kenyan military vehicles in Lower Shabelle and making an assassination attempt on Somali MP Muhammad Mursal in the capital, Mogadishu.
- IS Video Shows Clashes with Iraqi Soldiers, PMU in Various Areas of Diyala
The Islamic State (IS) released a video showing its clashes with Iraqi soldiers and Popular Mobilization Units (PMU) forces in various areas of Diyala.
- IS Claims Inflicting 40 Casualties Among Philippine Forces in Mindanao
The Islamic State's (IS) East Asia Province claimed inflicting 40 casualties among Philippine forces in separate attacks in Mindanao.
- Pro-IS Group Refers to Hitler and WW2 in Challenging U.S. to Defeat IS
A pro-Islamic State (IS) group referred to Adolph Hitler and World War II in challenging the United States to defeat the IS.
- AQAP Claims Bombing Houthis in al-Bayda', Inflicting Casualties Among SBF in Clash in Abyan
Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) claimed bombing Houthis in Yemen's al-Bayda' governorate and inflicting casualties among UAE-backed Security Belt Forces (SBF) in a clash in Abyan.
- IS-linked Group Promote Lone-Wolf Attacks in Belgium, Canada, and France in Video
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group copied the format of al-Hayat's weekly statistical video of IS operations and applied it to lone-wolf attacks in Belgium, Canada, and France over the past four months.
- IS Claims Bombing Joint U.S.-SDF Patrol in Hasakah
The Islamic State (IS) claimed bombing a joint patrol of American troops and Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), or what it calls "PKK," in Syria's Hasakah governorate.
- AQIS Incites Lone-Wolf Attacks in West in Revenge for Insults to Prophet Muhammad
Al-Qaeda in the Indian Subcontinent (AQIS) incited Muslims in the West to mount lone-wolf jihadi attacks in revenge for insults to the Prophet Muhammad.
- Afghan Taliban Claims Shooting Down Helicopter in Farah, Provides Video of Wreckage
The Afghan Taliban claimed shooting down an Afghan military helicopter by RPG fire in Farah province and provided a video of the wreckage.
- AQIS Gives Eulogy for Jalaluddin Haqqani
Al-Qaeda in the Indian Subcontinent (AQIS) released a statement eulogizing Afghan Taliban official and Haqqani Network chief, Jalaluddin Haqqani.
- IS-linked Group Releases Cartoon for Biography of Former IS Spokesman
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group released a cartoon for a biography of former IS spokesman Abu Muhammad al-'Adnani.
- IS Supporters Disseminate Spanish, Pashto Translations of Baghdadi Speech
Supporters of the Islamic State (IS) disseminated Spanish and Pashto translations of group leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi’s most recent speech, "Give Glad Tidings to the Patient.
- IS' al-Hayat Media Gives Statistical Breakdown of Group Operations (September 5-12)
The Islamic State (IS) released the seventh episode in a video series providing statistical breakdowns of IS operations, covering in this installment the week of September 5-12, 2018.
- Afghan Taliban Threatens to Shut Down Private Transport Companies Violating its Rules
The Afghan Taliban threatened to shut down private transportations companies it determines to have violated agreed upon rules.
- AQ Supporter Explains Why U.S. is Higher Priority Target than Others
An al-Qaeda (AQ) supporter distributed a message explaining why the United States is a higher priority target than other Western forces, focusing on its economy and military and technological abilities.
- Al-Qaeda Central Gives Eulogy for Jalaluddin Haqqani
Al-Qaeda Central (AQC) issued a two-page statement eulogizing Afghan Taliban official and Haqqani Network chief Jalaluddin Haqqani.
- Shabaab Claims Thwarting U.S. Special Forces Operation in Lower Shabelle, Bombing KDF Vehicle in Mandera County
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement claimed thwarting an operation by U.S. Special Forces in Lower Shabelle region in its home base of Somalia and bombing a Kenyan military vehicle in Mandera County in neighboring Kenya.
- AQ and IS Supporters Alike Celebrate 9/11 Anniversary with Remembrance and Threats
On their respective channels, al-Qaeda (AQ) and Islamic State (IS) supporters celebrated the 17th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks with posters remembering the event and threats of similar operations to come.
- IS Division in Yemen Releases Video Documenting Major Suicide Attacks and Bombings in Aden
Aden-Abyan Province, a division of the Islamic State (IS) in Yemen, released a video documenting its major suicide attacks and bombings in 2016-2018 on Yemeni security forces and the Ministry of Finance building in Aden.
- IS Claims Credit for Attack on Libyan National Oil Offices in Tripoli, Threatens Oil Fields
The Islamic State (IS) claimed credit for the attack at the Tripoli offices of Libya's National Oil Company and threatened oil fields and the economic interests of the "tyrants" in the country.
- Sinai-based Jund al-Islam Releases Video Promoting its Fighters and Jihad, Guarding Frontiers
The Sinai-based Jund al-Islam, an al-Qaeda (AQ)-aligned group, released a video promoting its fighters and urging Muslims to participate in jihad and guard the frontiers of Sinai against enemy plots.
- AQ Leader Zawahiri Advises How to "Confront" America on 17th Anniversary of 9/11
In its 17th anniversary production commemorating the 9/11 attacks, al-Qaeda (AQ) released a speech from its leader, Ayman al-Zawahiri, advising how to "confront" America.
- IS Claims Killing Indian Intelligence Official in Kashmir
The Islamic State's (IS) Khorasan Province claimed killing an Indian intelligence official in the Kashmir Valley.
- IS Province in Yemen Releases Video of Eid al-Adha Celebrations in Hadramawt
Al-Bayda' Province, a division of the Islamic State (IS) in Yemen, released a video showing its celebration of Eid al-Adha in Hadramawt.
- IS Infographic Video Focuses on Faith-based Bond Between Muslims
The Islamic State's (IS) al-Himmah Library released an infographic video on the faith-based bond between Muslims.
- Shabaab Claims 20 Killed in Suicide Bombing at Hodan District Offices
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, claimed killing over 20 Somali soldiers in a suicide bombing at the Hodan district offices in the capital, Mogadishu.
- IS' Khorasan Province Identifies Militant Killed in Srinagar as One if its Fighters
The Islamic State's (IS) Khorasan Province identified the militant killed in Srinagar on September 8, 2018, as one of its fighters.
- IS' Khorasan Province Claims Inflicting 55 Casualties in Suicide Bombing in Kabul
The Islamic State's (IS) Khorasan Province claimed inflicting 55 casualties among Afghan security forces and government staff in a suicide bombing in the capital, Kabul.
- Photo Report from IS’ West Africa Province Shows Clashes with MJTF Forces in Garunda
The Nigeria-based West Africa Province of the Islamic State (IS) issued a photo report on ongoing clashes with African Multi-National Joint Task Force (MJTF) soldiers in the village of Garunda.
- ISJK Mouthpiece Says Militant Killed in Srinagar was Leader, Tempers Charge Against Rival Group
Al-Tazkirah Media, a mouthpiece for "Islamic State Jammu and Kashmir" (ISJK), said that the militant killed by unidentified gunmen in Srinagar on September 8, 2018, was the ISJK leader, and tempered the charge of responsibility against Hizb-ul-Mujahideen.
- IS' West Africa Province Releases Video of Storming Nigerian Military Post in Zari
The Nigeria-based West Africa Province of the Islamic State (IS) released a video on its August 30, 2018, raid on a military post in the town of Zari in Borno State.
- IS' West Africa Province Claims Attack on Nigerian Military Posts in Gudumbari (Borno)
The Islamic State's (IS) West Africa Province claimed an attack on Nigerian military posts in the town of Gudumbari in Nigeria's Borno State.
- Prominent Pro-IS Group Spins Latest AQAP Video on Espionage to Reflect Askew Priorities
A prominent Islamic State (IS) supporting media group spun the recent video from al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) on espionage to reflect its askew priority in entering into physical conflict with the IS.
- Pro-IS Kashmiri Jihadists Vow Revenge Against Rival Group for Killing of Fighter in Srinagar
Pro-Islamic State (IS) Kashmiri jihadists vowed revenge against Hizb-ul-Mujahideen on charges of perpetrating the murder of an IS-affiliated fighter in Srinagar.
- Pro-IS Kashmiri Group Echoes IS' Calls in "Reminder for the Muslims of India"
A pro-Islamic State (IS) Kashmiri group released a video echoing incitement from the IS as a "reminder for the Muslims of India".
- IS' al-Hayat Media Gives Statistical Breakdown of Group Operations (August 30 - September 5)
The Islamic State (IS) released the sixth episode in a video series providing statistical breakdowns of IS operations, covering in this installment the week of August 30 – September 5, 2018.
- IS' 'Amaq Releases Video Showing Wreckage of Alleged Coalition Helicopter in Mosul
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency released a video showing what it described as the wreckage of an "international coalition" helicopter in the Iraqi city of Mosul.
- French IS-linked Group Stresses Faith in God as Sole Determinant of Victory
A French Islamic State (IS)-linked group stressed faith in God as the sole determinant of victory and encouraged fighters to possess a "desire for death".
- IS' Khorasan Province Issues Formal Communique for Bombings at Sports Club in Kabul
The Islamic State's (IS) Khorasan Province issued a formal communique for the suicide bombing and VBIED blast at a sports club in the Afghan capital, Kabul.
- Afghan Taliban Provides Summary of "Jihadi Progress" in Panjshir Province in North
The Afghan Taliban provided a summary of what it called its "jihadi progress" in Panjshir province in northern Afghanistan, boasting of its controlling the supply routes and "shattering" its defensive lines.
- 'Amaq Reports 150 Casualties in IS Suicide Bombing at Sports Club in Kabul
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported 150 casualties among Shi'ite civilians, news correspondents, and security forces in a suicide bombing and car bomb explosion at a sports club in the Afghan capital, Kabul.
- HTS' News Agency Reports on Russian Airstrikes in Western Idlib, Photographs and Records Destruction to Villages
Ebaa News Agency, a media unit for the Syria-based Hay'at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS), provided coverage on Russian airstrikes on villages in the west of rebel-controlled Idlib and the devastation they caused.
- AQAP Video Documents Confessions of Alleged Saudi Intel Spy Network Uncovered After Year-Long Investigation
Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) released a video documenting the confessions of spies involved in an alleged Saudi intelligence network that was uncovered after a year-long investigation.
- IS Supporters Promote Kashmir as Alternative Jihadi Battlefield to Afghanistan and Iraq
Kashmir-focused Islamic State (IS) supporters promoted Jammu and Kashmir as an alternative jihadi battlefield for those Muslims who wish to travel to Afghanistan or Afghanistan to fight but are unable.
- Haqqani Family Eulogizes Patriarch Jalaluddin, Notes His Parting Advice on Jihad and Maintaining Cohesiveness of Taliban
The Afghan Taliban released a statement from the Haqqani family eulogizing its patriarch, Jalaluddin Haqqani, and noting his parting advice on continuing jihad and maintaining the cohesiveness of the Taliban.
- Afghan Taliban Announces Death of Haqqani Network Head, Jalaluddin Haqqani
The Afghan Taliban announced the death of Jalaluddin Haqqani, a member of its Leadership Council and the head of what is known as the "Haqqani Network".
- Afghan Taliban Claims Killing 2 U.S. Soldiers in Attack in Logar
The Afghan Taliban claimed killing two American soldiers in an attack in Muhammad Agha district in Logar province of northern Afghanistan.
- IS-linked Group Identifies Americans, Iranians, and Russians as Targets
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group identified the leaders of America, Iran, and Russia and their respective people as targets.
- Shabaab Claims Suicide Bombing on Howl-Wadag District HQ in Mogadishu
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, claimed credit for the suicide bombing at the Howl-Wadag district headquarters in the capital, Mogadishu.
- IS' Khorasan Province Claims RPG Attack on Dining Facility for U.S. Soldiers in Bagram
The Islamic State's (IS) Khorasan Province claimed an RPG attack on a dining facility for U.S. soldiers in Bagram district in Parwan, Afghanistan.
- AQIM Official Delivers Eid al-Adha Lecture on Total Devotion to God, Submission to Shariah
Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) released an audio speech from Abu Obeida Yusuf al-’Annabi, the head of its “Council of Dignitaries,” lecturing to Muslims for the occasion of Eid al-Adha on total devotion to Allah and all that entails, and submission to Shariah.
- IS' West Africa Province Claims Attack on Nigerian Army Post in Zari
The Islamic State's West Africa Province claimed killing several Nigerian soldiers in an attack on their post in Zari, a town in Nigeria's northeast Borno state.
- Jihadi Factions Formerly Operating in Damascus and Daraa Announcing Joining AQ-aligned Hurras al-Deen
Two jihadi factions, one allegedly formerly operating in Damascus, and the other formerly in Daraa, separately announced their joining the al-Qaeda (AQ)-aligned Hurras al-Deen in Syria.
- Afghan Taliban Deems Dutch People Complicit in "Crime" of Muhammad Cartoon Contest, Threatens Dutch Troops in Afghanistan
In a follow-up to its condemnation of the Muhammad cartoon contest organized by Dutch parliamentarian Geert Wilders and his PVV party in the Netherlands, the Afghan Taliban deemed the Dutch people complicit in the "crime" and threatened Dutch troops in Afghanistan.
- IS' West Africa Province Claims Mortar Strike on Nigerian Troops in Arege
The Nigeria-based West Africa Province of the Islamic State (IS) claimed a mortar strike on Nigerian troops in the Arege area.
- AQAP Claims 2 Attacks on SBF in Abyan, 1 on Houthis in al-Bayda' in Past 3 Weeks
Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) claimed three attacks in the past three weeks, two targeting UAE-backed Security Belt Forces (SBF) in Yemen's Abyan governorate, and one against Houthis in al-Bayda'.
- 'Amaq Reports U.S. Soldiers Wounded in IS Bomb Blast in Hasakah
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported that American soldiers were wounded in a bomb blast in Hasakah governorate of Syria.
- Shabaab Claims Killing 20 Kenyan Soldiers in Ambush in Lamu County, Attacks on SNA and AMISOM
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement claimed killing 20 Kenyan soldiers in an ambush in Kenya's Lamu County and multiple attacks on the Somali National Army (SNA) and AMISOM forces in its home base of Somalia.
- AQAP Condemns Extremism of IS and its Sowing Sedition and Destruction in Madad Bulletin 4
Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) condemned the Islamic State (IS) for demonstrating extremism in its policies and sowing sedition and destruction in the countries in which it operates in the fourth issue of Madad Bulletin.
- Afghan Taliban Condemns Muhammad Cartoon Contest in Netherlands
The Afghan Taliban issued a statement condemning the Muhammad cartoon contest organized by Dutch parliamentarian Geert Wilders and his PVV party in the Netherlands.
In the Arabic message, which was posted on its website on August 29, 2018, the group's spokesman Zabihullah denounced the offense to Muslims and appealed to Muslim countries and Islamic organizations to stand against it.
- IS Claims Killing 28 Iraqi Soldiers and PMU, Wounding 22 Others in Suicide Bombing in Anbar
The Islamic State (IS) claimed killing 28 Iraqi soldiers and elements from the Popular Mobilization Units (PMU) and wounding 22 others in a suicide bombing in Anbar, in western Iraq.
- IS' East Asia Province Claims Bombing Filipino Soldiers in Sultan Kudarat in Mindanao
The Islamic State's (IS) East Asia Province claimed bombing Filipino soldiers in the capital of Sultan Kudarat on Mindanao island.
- Pro-IS Kashmiri Group Links Kashmir Jihad to "Worldwide Campaign," Calls it "Integral Part of the War on Kufr"
The pro-Islamic State (IS) Jundul Khilafah Kashmir, a self-professed part of the IS' Khorasan Province, linked the Kashmir Jihad to the "worldwide campaign" and called its battlefield an "integral part of the war on kufr [disbelief]".
- IS Claims Repulsing Egyptian Military Offensive, Executing Commando Attack in North Sinai
The Islamic State (IS) claimed repulsing an Egyptian military offensive and executing a commando attack in two separate incidents in North Sinai.
- Afghan Taliban Again Boasts of Rendering IS an "Exemplary Defeat" in Northern Afghanistan, Charges U.S. with Backing IS
The Afghan Taliban again boasted of rendering the Islamic State's (IS) Khorasan Province an "exemplary defeat" in northern Afghanistan and charged the U.S. with not only backing the IS there but in Iraq, as well.
- IS' al-Hayat Media Releases French Chant Promoting Patience Till Victory
Al-Hayat Media Center, the foreign language media division of the Islamic State (IS), released a French chant promoting patience till victory.
- AQ's as-Sahab Media Publishes 2nd Installment in Leadership Advice Series, Focuses on Wrongdoing in the Name of Jihad
Al-Qaeda's (AQ) as-Sahab Media Foundation published the second installment in its leadership advice series, focusing in this part on cautioning against wrongdoing in the name of jihad, such as suicide bombings in public squares.
- Sinai-based Jund al-Islam Publicly Dismisses Group Member
The Sinai-based Jund al-Islam, an al-Qaeda (AQ)-aligned group, publicly dismissed one of its members in its first statement since November 2017.
In the message, which was distributed on Telegram on August 26, 2018, the group announced that "Ahmed al-'Arjani" was expelled its ranks due to his "lack of adherence to the policy of the group and its regulations," without elaborating upon his exact violation.
Using his example as a warning to others, Jund al-Islam wrote:
We call on our dear brothers - soldiers and officials - on the necessity of being disciplined on the methodology and policy followed by the group, for there is no group without listening and obeying. We stress that any violation of this policy requires punishment and accountability, which may rise above dismissal.
- After Threatening Telegram Founder, Pro-IS Group Warns Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey
After threatening Telegram founder Pavel Durov over the suspension of accounts and channels, a pro-Islamic State (IS) group warned Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey for the same.
- IS' Khorasan Province Claims Suicide Bombing on Security Elements, Local Officials in Jalalabad
The Islamic State's (IS) Khorasan Province claimed a suicide bombing on Afghan security elements and local officials in Jalalabad, the capital of Nangarhar in eastern Afghanistan.
- Groups Allegedly "Fulfill" Pledge to AQ Leader Zawahiri by Joining Hurras al-Deen
A jihadist distributed an announcement by six groups announcing their joining the Syria-based Hurras al-Deen as a means of "fulfilling" their pledge to al-Qaeda (AQ) leader Ayman al-Zawahiri.
The announcement lists the names of the six groups.
- IS Claims Credit for Attack on Libyan Security Checkpoint in Wadi Kaam, East of Tripoli
The Islamic State's (IS) Tripoli Province claimed credit for the attack on a Libyan security checkpoint in Wadi Kaam, east of the capital.
- IS-linked Group Promotes and Incites for Attacks in Poster Displaying a City in Ruins
Using an open-source wallpaper image displaying a devastated city on fire, an Islamic State (IS)-linked group promoted and incited for attacks.
- Afghan Taliban Accuses U.S. Forces of "Rescuing" IS in Nangarhar, Charges U.S. General with Deliberately Lying about Trump Strategy
The Afghan Taliban again accused American forces of "rescuing" Islamic State (IS) fighters from its clearing operations, and charged U.S. General John Nicholson with deliberately lying to the American people about the success of President Donald Trump's strategy in Afghanistan.
- AQ-linked Group Releases Video of Bangladeshi Fighters Attacking U.S. Forces in Afghanistan
An al-Qaeda (AQ)-linked group released a video showing what it described as Bangladeshi fighters attacking U.S. forces in Afghanistan.
- IS' al-Hayat Media Gives Statistical Breakdown of Group Operations (August 16-22)
The Islamic State (IS) released the fourth episode in a video series providing statistical breakdowns of IS operations, covering in this installment the week of August 16 – August 22, 2018.
- Pro-IS Group Depicts U.S. President Donald Trump Beheaded
A pro-Islamic State (IS) group depicted U.S. President Donald Trump beheaded along with the word "soon".
- AQ Leader Zawahiri Promotes Unity Among Muslims and Rejection of Division in Video Speech
Al-Qaeda (AQ) leader Ayman al-Zawahiri promoted unity among Muslims and rejection of division, considering these religiously mandated matters, in a video speech.
- Shabaab Claims Assassination Attempt on Somali Deputy Defense Minister in Capital
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement claimed credit for the assassination attempt on deputy defense minister Abdullahi Olad Rooble in the capital, Mogadishu, in addition to two attacks in its home base of Somalia and one in neighboring Kenya.
- Shabaab Releases Video on September 2017 Raid at Somali Special Forces (Danab) Base in Barire
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, released a video on the September 28, 2017, raid at a Somali Special Forces (Danab) camp in Barire, in Lower Shabelle region.
- 'Amaq Reports Paris Suburb Knife Attacker an IS Fighter
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported that the executor of the knife attack in Trappes, a suburb in western Paris, France, is an IS fighter.