- Hezbollah Brigades in Iraq Spokesman Says U.S. Forces are "Legitimate Targets" in Response to Trump Planning to Keep Troops in Country to Monitor Iran
Ja'afar al-Husseini, the military spokesman for the Shi'ite militant faction Hezbollah Brigades in Iraq, declared that American forces are "legitimate targets," in response to U.S. President Donald Trump remarking that he will keep troops in Iraq to monitor Iran.
- AQIM's Uqba bin Nafi Battalion Claims Credit for Attack on Tunisian National Guard Near Tunisia-Algeria Border
The Tunisia-based division of al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM), the Uqba bin Nafi Battalion, claimed credit for the attack on Tunisian National Guard forces near the country's border with Algeria.
- Hezbollah Says US will be “Held Responsible” for Any Deaths from IS Members’ Disrupted Travel from Syrian Border
Hezbollah released a statement commenting on the U.S. government’s halting of Islamic State (IS) members’ transport from the Syria-Lebanon border, calling for the international community “to prevent the occurrence of a horrible massacre.”
- IS Releases Video on Storming Syrian Army and Hezbollah Positions on Iraq-Syria Border Just Five Days Prior
The Islamic State (IS) released a video on its August 23, 2017, raid on positions of Syrian regime forces and Hezbollah elements in Wadi al-Wa’ir near the Iraq-Syria border.
- IS Reports 40 Hezbollah Fighters Killed in Latest Update on Ongoing Clashes in Western Qalamoun
In its latest update on the ongoing clashes in western Qalamoun, the Islamic State (IS) reported that it killed nearly 40 Hezbollah fighters.
- HTS Claims Killing over 200 Hezbollah and Iranian Militia Forces in Western Qalamoun in the Course of Five Days
Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS) claimed killing over 200 Hezbollah and Iranian militia forces and wounding over 250 in the past five days in fierce clashes in Western Qalamoun.
- Video Shows Kata'ib Hezbollah (Hezbollah Brigades) Transporting Rockets to Fallujah
A video disseminated on social media showed a convoy of Kata'ib Hezbollah (Hezbollah Brigades), a Shi’ite militant group in Iraq, transporting rockets to the Iraqi city of Fallujah.
- Hezbollah Fighter Shows Appreciation for Nusra Front Treatment After Capture in al-Eis Battle
The Nusra Front (NF), al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Syria, released a video featuring a Hezbollah fighter captured after the battle in al-Eis, in the northern countryside of Aleppo, who expressed appreciation for the humane treatment he received from NF fighters.
- NF Releases Video of Ambush on Hezbollah Forces in Arsal Hills, Qalamoun
The Nusra Front (NF), al-Qaeda’s branch in Syria, released a video showing their discovery of Hezbollah fighters positioned to attack the group’s supply route in Arsal Hills located on the border of Qalamoun.
- Jaish al-Islam Releases Monthly Report for January 2016
Jaish al-Islam (Army of Islam) released a video report of its military offensives, some of which have been previously claimed, in Syria for the month of January 2016.
- IS Photo Report Shows War Spoils from Regime, Hezbollah Forces in Homs
The Homs provincial division of the Islamic State (IS) in Syria claimed a stockpile of equipment as war spoils in a photo report after a battle with Syrian regime and Hezbollah forces in the al-Dawa region.
- “Sunni Resistance Committees in Lebanon” Remarks on Reported Kidnapping in Hezbollah-Held Area, Urges Sunnis to Act
The “Sunni Resistance Committees in Lebanon,” which had previously claimed a bombing and a rocket attack on Hezbollah in Arsal and Chtaura, highlighted the reported kidnapping of a young woman in a Hezbollah-controlled area to incite Sunnis to confront the Shi’ite group.
- “Sunni Resistance Committees in Lebanon” Releases Video on Arsal Attack
The recently-established “Sunnis Resistance Committees in Lebanon” released a video of its fighters firing two rockets at what it described as a Hezbollah checkpoint in Arsal.
- “Sunni Resistance Committees in Lebanon” Claims Attacks on Hezbollah, Incites for Protests, Stabbings
A group calling itself the “Sunni Resistance Committees in Lebanon” claimed two attacks on Hezbollah and incited Lebanese Sunnis to resist the Shi’ite organization with a combination of protests, firebombing, and stabbings.
- Hezbollah Claims Rocket Attack on Israeli Convoy in Shebaa Farms
The Lebanon-based Shi'a militant group Hezbollah claimed credit for a rocket attack on an Israeli convoy in Shebaa Farms.
- Al-Nusra Front Publishes Pictures of Attack on Hezbollah and Syrian Army in Qalamoun
The al-Nusra Front (NF), the al-Qaeda branch in Syria, posted photos showing the group's attack on the al-Masrub camp in Jord al-Falita, Qalamoun, on the Iranian Hezbollah and Syrian army.
- Jihadi Cleric Abu Mariya al-Qahtani Advises Fighters in Lebanon to Unite Efforts Against Hezbollah
Abu Mariya al-Qahtani, a prominent jihadi cleric and former Shariah official in al-Qaeda's branch in Syria, the al-Nusra Front, recommended fighters in Lebanon, including the Brigades of Abdullah Azzam, to unite efforts against Hezbollah.
- Brigades of Abdullah Azzam Official Urges Lebanese in Tripoli to Fight Hezbollah, not Army
Sirajuddin Zurayqat, an official in the Brigades of Abdullah Azzam, urged Lebanese youths in Tripoli to fight Hezbollah and not the army, claiming that Hezbollah is the "head" and they should not occupy themselves with the "tools".
- Brigades of Abdullah Azzam Calls for Attacks on Hezbollah in Lebanon, Urges Sunnis in Lebanese Army to Desert
The Lebanon-based Brigades of Abdullah Azzam incited Sunnis to attack Hezbollah and its supporters, challenging them to be more "ardent" against Shi'ites than al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) against the Shi'ite Houthis.
- Pro-Hezbollah Forum Members Discuss ISIS Actions on Lebanese
Members of the pro-Hezbollah forum Qawem discussed videos of the Islamic State (ISIS) that shows the group's criminal actions. In a September 10, 2014 thread entitled "Will the Lebanese unite ... read the details?!," posters discussed videos allegedly released by ISIS that show torture and beheadings, including that of two Lebanese soldiers.
- Pro-Hezbollah Forum Discusses Lebanese Soldiers Held by al-Nusra Front
Members of the pro-Hezbollah forum Qawem discussed the Lebanese soldiers kidnapped by the al-Nusra Front (NF), the al-Qaeda branch in Syria.
- Brigades of Abdullah Azzam Claims 11 Additional Rocket Strikes on Israel
The Brigades of Abdullah Azzam claimed 11 additional rocket strikes on Israeli targets, while a group official, Sirajuddin Zurayqat, slammed Hezbollah for not taking action against Israel but continuing to assault Sunnis in Syria.
- Al-Nusra Front Official in al-Qalamoun Threatens Attacks in Lebanon
The al-Qaeda-affiliated al-Nusra Front released an audio speech from Abu Malik al-Shami, its leader in al-Qalamoun, threatening attacks in Lebanon in revenge for strikes by Hezbollah in Syria.
- Pro-Hezbollah Forum Members Fear Spillover from Iraq Conflict
Pro-Hezbollah forum members debated the effect of the crisis in Iraq and its potential spillover into Lebanon.
- Pro-Hezbollah Forum Members Debate Hezbollah's Entry Into Iraq
Members of the pro-Hezbollah forum Qawem discussed the likelihood of the group deciding to enter the conflict in Iraq due to the sectarian war between Sunni fighters and the Shi'ite forces of Prime Minister Nouri Al-Maliki.
- Brigades of Abdullah Azzam Official Urges Lebanese Sunnis Take Up Arms Against Hezbollah in Audio
Sirajuddin Zurayqat, a religious official in the Brigades of Abdullah Azzam, urged Lebanese Sunnis to take up arms against Hezbollah, and Sunni soldiers in the Lebanese army to defect.
- Islamic Front, Other Syrian Factions Identify ISIL as “Military Target”
The Islamic Front and four other Syrian jihadi factions issued what they called a "revolutionary covenant," outlining their commitment to several goals and identifying as military targets the Syrian regime, Hezbollah, and the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL).
- Pro-Hezbollah Forum Members Question Hezbollah-Iran Relationship
Members of the pro-Hezbollah forum Qawem discussed the recent statements by high-level Iranian officials including General Hussein Hamdani, former head of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard, regarding the formation a second Hezbollah in Syria, and that it was willing to send 130,000 trained Basij fighters to prop up the Syrian regime.
- Hezbollah Cooperates with Government in Lebanon, Brings Peace in Beirut
In a column in the Lebanese newspaper al-Jumhooriyah, a journalist discussed the cessation of the regularly occurring car bombings that had plagued the Shi'ite southern district of Beirut.
- Pro-Hezbollah Forum Members Discuss Group’s Decreasing Finances
Members of the pro-Hezbollah forum Qawem discussed the financial repercussions of Hezbollah's involvement in Syria.
- Pro-Hezbollah Forum Members Discuss Strength of Lebanese Army
Members of the pro-Hezbollah forum Qawem discussed the Lebanese Army's increasingly tenuous position in maintaining order in Lebanon, as soldiers have been exposed to a continuous stream of attacks as the country's security has destabilized due to the spillover from the conflict in neighboring Syria.
- Pro-Hezbollah Forum Members Discuss Effect of Syria Battle on Lebanon
Members of the pro-Hezbollah forum Qawem celebrated the fall of the city of Yabroud, a Sunni-dominated town on the Syrian side of the Lebanese-Syrian border that has been accused of harboring elements of the extremists and has been repeatedly blamed for supplying car bombs that have struck the Shi'ite areas of Lebanon.
- Journalist Discusses Frontlines Near Hezbollah-Controlled Area in Beirut
Abdullah Qamah, a journalist for a Lebanese Shi'ite newspaper, published an article discussing the infiltration of neighborhoods adjacent to the Hezbollah stronghold in the southern Dahyeh in Beirut.
- Hezbollah Forum Members Discuss Security Decline After Beirut Clashes
Members of the pro-Hezbollah forum Qawem discussed the worsening security situation in Lebanon in the wake of a clash between two armed groups on March 23, 2014, in the capital, Beirut.
- Al-Nusra Front in Lebanon Claims Suicide Bombing in Nabi Uthman
The al-Nusra Front in Lebanon claimed credit for the suicide bombing in Nabi Uthman in the Bekaa Valley, and declared it to be an act revenge for Hezbollah boasting of recapturing Yabroud, a Syrian town near the Lebanese border.
- Pro-Hezbollah Forum Members Argue Validity of Involvement in Syria
Members of the pro-Hezbollah forum Qawem discussed whether loyalists of the Shi'ite organization are supportive of its intervention in the Syrian conflict.
- Al-Nusra Front Warns Lebanese Soldiers not to Support Hezbollah
The al-Nusra Front in Lebanon, which claimed credit for the suicide bombing near a Lebanese army checkpoint in Hermel on February 22, 2014, warned soldiers not to involve themselves in its conflict with Hezbollah.
- Brigades of Abdullah Azzam Official Responds to Nasrallah Speech
Sirajuddin Zurayqat, a religious official in the Brigades of Abdullah Azzam, responded to the recent speech by Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah regarding the Shi'ite organizations opposition to Israel, and remarks about infighting between the al-Nusra Front and the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL).
- Hezbollah Implements New Plan and Equipment to Stop Car Bombings
In response to the numerous car-bombing attacks taking place in Hezbollah-controlled areas in Lebanon, Hezbollah has begun using new methods to deter these attacks, including the use of "car scanners," which the group brought in from Iran.
- Marwan Hadid Brigades Joins Brigades of Abdullah Azzam
The Marwan Hadid Brigades confirmed that they joined the Brigades of Abdullah Azzam in a January 27, 2014 announcement.
- Hezbollah Strengthens Strongholds, Reorganizes Military Command Councils
Hezbollah has allegedly heightened efforts to protect the organization's strongholds in the wake of the January 21, 2014 suicide operation in the southern Dahyeh area of Beirut, according to an article published by the al-Anbaa' daily newspaper.
- Brigades of Abdullah Azzam Claims Joint Rocket Strike on Hermel
The Brigades of Abdullah Azzam released two pictures from its joint rocket strike with the al-Nusra Front in Lebanon on Hezbollah targets in the town of Hermel.
- Hezbollah Supporters Question Involvement in Syria Following Beirut Attack
Members of the Hezbollah supporter forum Qawem posted about their concerns following the most recent car bombing that took place on January 21, 2014, in the Shi'ite-dominated Southern Dahyeh neighborhood of Beirut.
- Hezbollah Forum Members Discuss Reports of Group's Calling for a General Draft
Members of the Hezbollah forum Qawem.org discussed a report that the Shi'ite organization will declare a general draft to build up forces, perhaps to confront Sunni extremists or to send to Syria.
- Al-Nusra Front in Lebanon Claims Suicide Bombing in Hermel
The al-Nusra Front in Lebanon claimed credit for the suicide car bombing against a Hezbollah "stronghold" in Hermel on January 16, 2014, saying that it was revenge for the Shi'ite organization's actions in Syria.
- Al-Manar Columnist Speculates on Nature of Saudi Grant to Lebanon
A columnist for Hezbollah's al-Manar website published an article speculating on the nature of the $3 billion grant from the Saudi government to Lebanon.
- Hezbollah Forum Members Discuss Arsal as Base of Sunni Extremism
On the Hezbollah forum Qawem.org, members discussed the assumption that a Sunni-dominated town on the Lebanese-Syrian border is the source of the car bombs that have recently struck different parts of the capital, Beirut.
- Hezbollah Forum Members Express Lack of Support for Group’s Involvement in Syria
Members of the Hezbollah forum Qawem.org expressed their lack of support for the organization's participation in the war in Syria, suspecting it is the reason for the tense security and the recent spate of attacks Lebanon has endured, the latest of which took place on January 2, 2014.
- Hezbollah Condemns Beirut Bombing, Killing of Mohamad Chatah
Hezbollah issued a statement condemning the car bombing in the Lebanese capital, Beirut, that killed Hezbollah critic and former Lebanese finance minister Mohamad Chatah and at least six other people.
- Hezbollah Forum Members Take Aggressive Position Against Involvement in Syria
Members of Hezbollah's Qawem.org forum have demonstrated an increasingly aggressive position towards the organization's military involvement in Syria, with some vigorously opposed, and others giving their endorsement.
- Hezbollah Releases Statement on Hassan al-Laqis Assassination
Hezbollah released a statement on December 4, 2013 on the assassination of Hassan al-Laqis, a leader within the organization.
- Nasrallah Discusses Iran Nuclear Deal, Syrian Civil War, and Lebanese Security in December 3 OTV Interview
Hezbollah Secretary General Hassan Nasrallah was a guest on the "Without Immunity" program on Lebanon's OTV television station on December 3, 2013.
- Speculation Over Numbers of Hezbollah Dead in Recent Clashes in Syria
Al-Hadath News, a Lebanese news website, published an article discussing the number of Hezbollah fighters who died amidst fighting in the Eastern Ghouta of Damascus, Syria.
- Hezbollah Condemns Israel’s Prawer Plan to Resettle Negev Bedouin
Hezbollah released a statement on December 2, 2013 in which the group condemned Israel's Prawer Plan to resettle Bedouin Arabs living in the Negev.
- Hezbollah's No.2 Says U.S.-Iran Negotiations is Victory for Iran
Al-Manar, Hezbollah's official media channel, held an interview with Naim al-Qassem, Deputy Secretary General of Hezbollah, on November 29, 2013, as part of its reporting on the recent U.S.-Iran negotiations.
- Hezbollah Launches New Games Website Simulating Insurgency in Southern Lebanon
Hezbollah launched a new games website on November 25, 2013 featuring five flash games where games play as Hezbollah fighters against Israelis and their Lebanese allies on the other.
- Hezbollah Says Iran Scored a Number of Gains in Geneva Deal
As part of its continuing coverage of the nuclear deal between Iran and the P5+1 countries, Hezbollah released an article on its "Moqawama" website on November 25, 2013, entitled, "Details of the Nuclear Deal Between Iran and P5+1".
- Jihadist Suggests Fighters Record Hezbollah Prisoners, Behead Them
A jihadist suggested that fighters in Syria videotape Hezbollah elements taken prisoner and then behead one of them to create a "resonating effect on the public of this disbelieving party".
- Hezbollah: Nuclear Agreement is Great Victory for Iran, Defeat for Enemies of the Ummah
Hezbollah released a statement on November 25, 2013 that hailed the interim nuclear deal as a great victory for Iran and a defeat for the enemies of the Islamic nation and their allied forces of evil in the region and the world.
- Hezbollah Releases Article Venerating its First Suicide Bomber
The website of Hezbollah's military wing, Moqowama.org, released an article on November 11, 2013 that venerated Ahmad Qassir, the organization's first suicide bomber.
- Jeish a-Mukhtar Claims Mortar Attack on Saudi Arabian Border Post
In interviews with Iraqi channel Sumariyah News and BBC Arabic released on November 21, 2013, General Secretary of Hezbollah in Iraq and head of Jeish al-Mukhtar, Wathiq al-Bataat, claimed responsibility for a mortar attack on the al-'Uja Police Center, near the Iraqi-Saudi Arabian border as a "response to the takfir fatwas and the sectarian fitnah incitement and the description of Shi'ites as Magi and pigs and promoting their killing" by Saudi Arabia.
- Selected Hezbollah News Updates for November 12 – November 21, 2013
Hezbollah officials call for calm in wake of suicide bombings at Iranian embassy
- Hezbollah Parliamentary Bloc Makes Statement on Iranian Embassy Attack
Hezbollah's Loyalty to the Resistance parliamentary bloc released a statement on November 21, 2013 that addressed the attack on the Iranian embassy in Beirut two days prior.
- Hezbollah Media Portrays Iranian Embassy Attack as Failed Attempt, Releases Animation of Attack
Hezbollah's Al-Manar satellite television channel and its accompanying website along with the semi-official bintjbeil.org news website portrayed the attack on the Iranian embassy as having failed.
- ISIL Video Shows Clash in Aleppo with Syrian Soldiers, Hezbollah
The al-Qaeda-affiliated Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant released a video showing scenes from a clash with Syrian soldiers and men they identified as Hezbollah elements in Syria's Aleppo governorate.
- Lead Hezbollah MP Blames Israel for Iranian Embassy Bombing
Mohammad Raad, the head of Hezbollah's "Loyalty to the Resistance" parliamentary bloc, blamed Israel for the two explosions that targeted the Iranian embassy in Beirut on November 19, 2013. The Iranian embassy is located in Southern Beirut, a Hezbollah stronghold.
- Hezbollah Forum Members Discuss why Sunnis have Failed to Create a Culture of Resistance
Members of Hezbollah's Qawem.org forum discussed why, in their view, Sunni Muslims have not been successful in creating a culture of resistance to Israel like the one Hezbollah has created in Southern Lebanon.
- Nasrallah Vows to Keep Fighters in Syria
Hassan Nasrallah made rare in-person appearance for the second straight day to deliver a speech on the Day of Ashura, the climax of the Mourning of Muharram during which Shi'a Muslims commemorate the martyrdom of Hussein ibn Ali, the Prophet's grandson and successor according to Shi'a belief.
- Nasrallah: Hezbollah Will Be Stronger after any Iran Nuclear Deal, Regional War is Alternative to an Understanding
Hezbollah Secretary General Hassan Nasrallah made a rare appearance in person to deliver a speech on November 13, 2013 in which he addressed a number of political and security issues in the region and in Lebanon. Nasrallah focused on negotiations over Iran's nuclear program, Israel, and Lebanon's inability to form a new government.
On the issue of Iran negotiations, Nasrallah stated that a potential deal between Iran and the West would make Hezbollah and its political allies stronger. He refuted the claim that he is worried about Iran abandoning Hezbollah as part of deal with the West. Curtailed Iranian support for Hezbollah would be a major blow to the militant organization that would significantly change the balance of power within Lebanon and in the region. Nasrallah stated, however, that he trusts his allies because they have never sold out the organization or conspired against it, emphasizing the unity of purpose shared by Iran, Syria, and Hezbollah.
Saudi Arabia and its allies, however, had good reason not to trust the United States, their strongest ally, according to Nasrallah. He implied that the United States had been an unreliable partner and unable to stand by its obligations. He cited the abandoned military strike on Syria as evidence that the Gulf states cannot count on the United States to stand by its declarations or its commitments to its regional allies.
The Secretary General warned that a regional war was the alternative to a deal with Iran. He urged Arab Gulf states and Israel to stop obstructing a deal because they will be the losers in any regional confrontation that results from failed negotiations. "Everyone must be worried," about a regional war said Nasrallah, "but others besides us must be more worried."
Nasrallah also warned that Israel is working to perpetuate the current state of division, strife, and conflict in the Middle East.
- Hassan Nasrallah Delivers Speech in Commemoration of Martyr’s Day
Hassan Nasrallah gave a televised address on November 11, 2013 in which he spoke on the occasion of Martyr's Day, an annual celebration of fighters and leaders who have died while serving with Hezbollah.
- Selected Hezbollah News Updates for November 5 – November 11, 2013
Hezbollah Reacts to revelations of Israeli spying
Hezbollah officials made several statements in reaction to Speaker of the Lebanese Parliament Nabih Berri's revelation on November 6, 2013 that Israel was installing several spying stations along the Lebanese border.
- Hezbollah Forum Members Proud of Israeli Strikes in Syria
Members of Hezbollah's Qawem.org forum argued with anti-Hezbollah posters, saying that they considered the recent purported Israeli airstrikes in Syria a source of pride for the regime and its supporters.
- Selected Hezbollah News Updates for October 21 – November 4, 2013
Deputy Secretary General Naim Qassem says Syria opposition incapable of political solution
- A’isha Media Center Urges Sunnis in Tripoli, Lebanon to Defend Themselves against Hezbollah, Lebanese Army
The A'isha Media Center, a jihadi outlet focused on Lebanon, issued a statement encouraging Sunni Muslims in Lebanon in general and in Tripoli in particular to defend the northern Lebanese city from Hezbollah and the Lebanese Army.
- Selected Hezbollah News Updates for October 6 – October 20, 2013
Hezbollah commander threatens Israel with force to protect Lebanese oil and gas fields
Nabil Qaouk, Hezbollah's top commander in Southern Lebanon, warned Israel against encroaching on Lebanese oil and gas fields in the Eastern Mediterranean. Hinting at potential military retaliation for alleged Israeli encroachments,
- Nasrallah Delivers Speech on October 28, 2013
Hezbollah Secretary General Hassan Nasrallah delivered a speech on October 28, 2013 in which he addressed a number of political issues connected to the Syrian civil war and Lebanon.
- Hezbollah Media Reacts to Execution Video Purporting to Show Hezbollah Members
Several articles appeared on pro-Hezbollah media sites on October 10 and 11, 2013 that addressed the video purporting to show Hezbollah members executing injured and unarmed Syrians.
- ISIL Releases Video of Rocket Attack on Hezbollah Stronghold in Lebanon
The al-Qaeda-affiliated Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) released a video of firing rockets at Hezbollah strongholds in Hermel district in Lebanon's Beqaa governorate.
- Hezbollah Forum Admin Encourages Users to Be Familiar with Weapons
An administrator on Hezbollah's Qawem.org forum created a thread on September 23, 2013 entitled "Familiarity with Weapons" in which he posted photographs and information on weapons and weapons systems owned and operated by Hezbollah and its allies, Syria and Iran.
- Hezbollah Forum Members Argue that Gulf Rulers are Apostates
Members of Hezbollah's Qawem.org forum asserted that the rulers of the Gulf Arab countries were apostates and accused them of working with the United States and Israel in order to spread corruption and destroy Islam.
- Video Purports to Show Hezbollah Fighters Executing Wounded Syrians
Al Arabiya published a video on October 10, 2013 that purported to show Hezbollah fighters executing injured Syrians in Qusayr.
- Hezbollah Forum Anxious about Economic Impact of Gulf Sanctions
Members of Hezbollah's Qawem.org forum discussed recent measures taken against Hezbollah members living in Gulf countries.
- Hezbollah Forum Members Optimistic About Longevity of Syrian Regime
Hezbollah supporters on the group's main Qawem.org forum expressed optimism at the long-term prospects for the Syrian regime in light of recent developments.
- Selected Hezbollah News Updates for the Week of September 29, 2013
This report draws on accounts of Hezbollah's activities in the Arabic press.
- Hezbollah Forum Members Speculate on Effects of U.S-Iran Détente in Lebanon
Members on Hezbollah's Qawem.org forum debated whether or not the recent opening between Iran and the United States would have positive effects in Lebanon.
- Hezbollah Forum Members Defend Checkpoints after Baalbek Clashes
Members of Hezbollah's Qawem.org forum defended the party's use of checkpoints after clashes between the party and residents of Baalbek resulted in five deaths over the weekend.
- Hezbollah Forum Debate: Is Hezbollah Looking to Withdraw from Syria?
Members of Hezbollah's main Qawem.org forum debated whether or not the party was looking for a way to disengage from Syria, with some members arguing that there were indications that the party wanted to scale back its involvement in the Syrian civil war.
- Hezbollah Supporters Discuss Jihadi Infighting in Syria
Hezbollah supporters on the group's main Qawem.org forum briefly discussed recent infighting in Syria among rebel groups, namely between The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), an al-Qaeda affiliate, and a number of more moderate groups under the umbrella of the Free Syrian Army.
- Nasrallah Warns of Consequences of Continued Conflict in Syria, Insists on Political Solution
Hezbollah Secretary General Hassan Nasrallah delivered a speech in which he addressed a number of political and military developments in Lebanon and in the region. Hezbollah's Al-Manar television channel aired the speech on September 23, 2013.
- Hezbollah Characterizes Arab Gulf States as a Threat to all Lebanese
Several of Hezbollah's official media outlets reported on a statement made by the group's "Loyalty to the Resistance" parliamentary bloc in which it characterized Arab Gulf states as a threat to Lebanon and Lebanese citizens.
- Hezbollah Supporters Debate Group’s Private Communications Network
Hezbollah forum members debated a recent event in Zahle, the capital of the Beqaa Governorate in Lebanon, in which locals protested against Hezbollah men laying cables for the group's private communications network.
- Hezbollah Denounces Bahraini Government for Human Rights Violations
Hezbollah released a statement through its official media channels on September 19, 2013 in which it harshly criticized the Bahraini government for human rights violations committed against its own citizens.
- Hezbollah Forum: Chemical Weapons Plan Reveals American Weakness
Prominent members on Hezbollah's Qawem.org forum discussed the Russian plan for Syria to relinquish its chemical weapons.
- Hezbollah Forum Administrator Asserts Hezbollah’s Right to Detain, Interrogate, Execute Individuals at its Checkpoints
Hezbollah Forum Administrator "Ahmed al-Janoubi" defended Hezbollah's right to detain journalists and diplomats at its checkpoints in Beirut, arguing that the group could execute them if it saw fit.
- Hezbollah Forum Members Debate: Will Hezbollah Abandon Syria?
Members on Hezbollah's Qawem.org forum debated whether or not the party would abandon the Syrian regime in light of possible western military Action against it. Fadi Habib, a moderately active member of the Forum, began the thread entitled "Will the Resistance Abandon the Syrian Regime?" on August 29, 2013.
- Hezbollah Forum Members: American Decision to Delay Military Action is Huge Defeat
Prominent members on Hezbollah's Qawem.org forum discussed the American decision to delay military action on Syria, saying that it represents an enormous defeat for the United States and the American President.
- Attempts Ongoing to Reduce Tension Between Hezbollah and Palestinians in Lebanon
Hezbollah and Fatah officials held another meeting in which they attempted to calm tensions in the wake of an incident on September 8, 2013 in which Hezbollah elements manning a checkpoint killed Mohamed al-Simrawi, a Palestinian resident of the Burj al-Barajneh refugee camp in Beirut's Southern Suburbs.
- Hezbollah Official: Axis of Resistance Threats Deterred U.S. Military Action in Syria
Mahmud Qmati, deputy head of Hezbollah's Political Council, said that that his group along with Iran and Syria – the axis of resistance – successfully deterred American military action in Syria. According to Lebanon's National News Agency,
- Hezbollah Officials Warn of Consequences for Attack on Syria, Urge Americans to Oppose Military Action
Hezbollah members along with representatives of other pro-Syrian regime factions in Lebanon held a solidarity meeting at the Syrian embassy in Lebanon in which they denounced Western policy on Syria and warned of consequences for a potential American military strike.
- Hezbollah and Palestinian Factions Issue Joint Statement on Clashes
Hezbollah and Palestinian factions issued a joint statement on September 8, 2013 on the clashes that occurred between members of Hezbollah and several Palestinians near the Burj al-Barajneh refugee camp in Beirut's southern suburbs on the same day.