- Threatening Coalition Countries, English IS Recruitment Account Declares Caliphate "On the Verge” of Revival
An English-language Islamic State (IS/ISIS) recruitment account on social media incited against Saudi Arabia and the Netherlands, declaring IS to be “on the verge of the revival of the Caliphate.”
- IS Claims Attack on Military Parade in Southern Iran, Killing and Wounding over 100
The Islamic State’s (IS) Khorasan Province claimed responsibility for killing and wounding over 100 Iranian forces in Southern Iran.
- IS Claims Attack on IRGC Military Parade in Iranian City of Ahvaz
Through its 'Amaq News Agency, the Islamic State (IS) claimed credit for the attack on a military parade in the Iranian city of Ahvaz.
- IS-linked Group Raises Specter of Threat to Australia in Posters
Shortly after Islamic State (IS) supporters distributed posters suggesting IS-inspired individuals are behind the strawberry scare in Australia, an IS-linked group released its own images raising the specter of such a threat.
- IS Claims Attack on Russian Church, Killing Five and Wounding Four
Caucasus Province of the Islamic State (IS) claimed responsibility for an attack on a Christian church in the city of Kizlyar, located in the Russian republic of Dagestan.
- IS’ Sinai Province Reports Repulsing Egyptian Military Campaign at Beginning of its 2nd Week, Inflicting Human and Material Losses
As the “Sinai 2018” Egyptian military campaign on militants in the Sinai Peninsula enters its second week, the Islamic State’s (IS) local division reported their repulsing the offensive and inflicting human and material losses.
- IS Supporters Share Poster Threatening Indonesia, Indonesian Politicians
Islamic State (IS) supporters distributed a poster threatening Indonesia and Indonesian politicians, namely Luhut Binsar Pandjaitan and Megawati Sukarnoputri.
- IS Calls Manhattan Attacker a “Soldier of the Caliphate” in Naba 104
The Islamic State (IS) called the executor of the Manhattan vehicular attack a “soldier of the Caliphate” in the 104th issue of its al-Naba weekly newspaper.
- ‘Amaq Video Shows IS Fighters Destroying Religious Symbols, Burning Church in Marawi
The Islamic State’s (IS) ‘Amaq News Agency released a video showing IS fighters destroyed religious symbols inside a church in the battle-stricken city of Marawi in the Philippines and setting fire to the building.
- Fighter in IS' Damascus Province Collects Pledge to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi in al-Hajar al-Aswad City
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency released a video of a fighter from the group's Damascus Province collecting a pledge of allegiance to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi from men and children in the city of al-Hajar al-Aswad.
- IS Claims Killing, Wounding Over 100 Shi’ites in Two Bombings in Baghdad
Baghdad Province of the Islamic State (IS) in Iraq claimed killing and wounding more than 100 Shi’ites in two bombing operations.
- In New Magazine "Rumiyah," IS Calls for Lone-Wolf Attacks in Australia, West
The Islamic State (IS) released the first issue of a new magazine called "Rumiyah," calling in it for lone-wolf attacks in the West and in one article, Australia specifically.
- Jihadists Celebrate Orlando Nightclub Shooting, Call for More Attacks
Jihadists on social media celebrated the June 11, 2016 shooting in a gay nightclub in Orlando by Omar Mateen, who killed 50.
- IS’ Ninawa Province Shows Demolition of “Polytheist Antiquities” in Photo Report
Ninawa Province of the Islamic State (IS) in Iraq released a photo report showing the demolition of “polytheist antiquities” in Mosul.
- IS Claims Killing, Wounding Nearly 45 Shi'ites in Four-Man Suicide Attack on al-Taji Gas Plant, North of Baghdad
North Baghdad Province, a division of the Islamic State (IS) in Iraq, claimed killing and wounding nearly 45 Shi'ites from the Popular Mobilization in a four-man suicide attack inside al-Taji gas plant, north of Baghdad.
- IS Claims Killing CID Chief in Suicide Raid in Dagestan
Caucasus Province of the Islamic State (IS) claimed killing the head of the Criminal Investigation Department in the city of Derbent in southern Dagestan in a suicide raid.
- IS Claim Dual Suicide Bombing in Samawah
Al-Janoub Province, a division of the Islamic State (IS) in Iraq that it refers to as “South Baghdad,” claimed to have committed two suicide bombings in al-Samawah that targeted security services.
- IS' Sinai Province Claims Attack on Egyptian Security Convoy in Giza
The Islamic State (IS) claimed an attack on a security convoy in Egypt’s Giza governorate and reported killing an unidentified number of security forces.
- IS Fighters and Supporters Threaten Turkey amid New Attacks on IS Forces
Islamic State (IS) fighters and supporters on Twitter reacted to recently initiated offensives on the group by the Turkish military with violent rhetoric.
- British Islamic State Fighter Warns of Attack on July 7
A fighter belonging to the Islamic State (IS) has warned of attacks that will occur in England on July 7, 2015.
- Western Jihadist Claims Assisting Fighter in Entering Syria, Details IS Emigration Necessities
A Canadian IS fighter in Syria answered emigration-focused questions on November 12, 2014, claiming in one answer that he had assisted a fighter in entering Syria.
- Female IS Supporter Claims to Arrive at IS-Controlled Territory, Encourages Others to Follow
A female supporter of the Islamic State (IS) announced that she had arrived to live under IS in an unspecified location and urged others to follow with haste amid rising conflict in the region.
- Jihadist Disregards Call for IS-AQ Unity in Syria, Criticizes IS
A user on an English-language jihadist forum provided a scathing rebuttal to a recent call by Omar Khaled al-Khorasani, an official in Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) offshoot Jamat-ul-Ahrar, for al-Qaeda (AQ) and the Islamic State (IS) to make amends amid coalition aggression in Syria.
- Forum Member Shares, Translates IS Recap of Suicide Mission
A user on a prominent English-language jihadist forum provided a translated announcement of a completed martyrdom operation in northern Iraq on behalf of the Islamic State (IS).
- IS Video Shows Scenes from Tabqa Airport Raid, Executing Syrian Soldiers
The Islamic State (IS) released a video showing scenes from its raid on the Tabqa military airport in Syria's ar-Raqqah government, including its marching soldiers in their underwear and mercilessly executing them.
- Pro-IS Female Jihadists Reactivate “Al-Khansa’ Media Battalion”
Female jihadists within the pro-Islamic State (IS) media group al-Battar Media Foundation reactivated their division called the "al-Khansa' Media Battalion". Al-Battar had initially announced the creation of the group in December 2013, and notified about its reactivation on its Twitter account September 4, 2014.
- Pro-IS Media Group Discusses Fighters Opting to Leave for Home
The Ask.fm account of a prominent jihadist media group provided insights to the Islamic State's (IS) rules on its fighters leaving to go back home.
- Jihadists Weigh Legitimacy, Safety of VK Social Media Platform
Conversations regarding the Islamic State's (IS) migration of official accounts to a Russian social media platform called VK arose in a prominent English-language jihadist forum.
- Jihadist on Twitter Discuss IS Kidnapping of David Cawthorne Haines
Following the SITE Intelligence Group’s early release of the Islamic State (IS) video in which Steven Sotloff was beheaded and the executioner warned that a Briton, David Cawthorne Haines, was next, Twitter accounts of Jihadists expressed their support and confusion regarding the announcement of a British prisoner.
- IS Official Accounts Move to Russian Social Media Platform
The Islamic State (IS) has migrated its array of official media accounts to VK, a Russian social media website similar to that of Facebook, following SITE Intelligence Group's reporting of the group's activity on Diaspora, another social media platform which removed the accounts shortly after.
- IS Claims Suicide Bombing Near Tikrit, Gives Pictures of Bomber, Attack
The Islamic State (IS) claimed credit for a suicide bombing near Tikrit in Iraq's Salah al-Din province, and provided pictures of the Saudi bomber, the preparation of the explosives, and the blast.
- IS Photo Reports Show Activities with Orphans in Ninawa, “Prosperity” in Mosul Under Caliphate
The Islamic State (IS) published photo sets of its activities with orphaned children in Iraq's Ninawa province, and scenes showing the "prosperity" enjoyed by residents in the city of Mosul under the "shade of the Caliphate".
- TTP Jamat-ul-Ahrar Spokesman Says Beheading of American Journalists by IS has a “Great Message” for Pakistani Media
Ehsanullah Ehsan, the spokesman for Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) splinter group Jamat-ul-Ahrar, remarked that the beheading of American journalists James Wright Foley and Steven Joel Sotloff by the Islamic State (IS) has a "great message for Pakistani media".
- IS Publishes Alleged Full Message from Executed Journalist in 3rd Issue of “Dabiq”
The Islamic State (IS) published the third issue of its English magazine “Dabiq,” featuring what it called the “complete message” from executed American journalist James Wright Foley, and calling Muslims to join the group’s “Caliphate” in Iraq and Syria.
- IS Humiliates Syrian Soldiers in Underwear March Before Execution
Jihadists distributed videos of Islamic State (IS) fighters humiliating Syrian soldiers in ar-Raqqah governorate by making them march in their underwear to their death, and executing them.
- Pro-IS Jihadists Criticize al-Nusra Front for Releasing American Journalist
Pro-Islamic State (IS) jihadists criticized the al-Nusra Front for releasing American journalist Peter Theo Curtis, arguing that it betrayed the Muslims who are killed by U.S. drones and held in its prisons.
- IS Video Shows Dead Iraqi Soldiers, Destroyed Vehicles in Jurf al-Sakhar
The Islamic State (IS) released a video on the aftermath of its “cleansing” the city of Jurf al-Sakhar in Iraq’s Babil province, showing corpses of Iraqi soldiers and the remains of destroyed vehicles.
- IS Beheads Peshmerga Captive in Video, Threatens Barzani to End Alliance with U.S.
The Islamic State (IS) beheaded a captive Peshmerga element in a video, using the grotesque action to send a message to KDP leader Masoud Barzani to end his alliance with the U.S. or other captives will be killed.
- TTP Splinter Group Jamat-ul-Ahrar Announces Establishment in Video
A splinter group from Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) calling itself "Jamat-ul-Ahrar" (Group of the Free ones) announced its establishment and named its officials in a video, and in a separate release, its spokesman, Ehsanullah Ehsan, denied that it was inspired by the Islamic State (IS) and will pledge to it.
- IS Claims Suicide Bombing by Lebanese Fighter in Baghdad
The Islamic State (IS) claimed a suicide bombing by a Lebanese fighter in Baghdad, targeting a gathering of elements from the Shi'ite militia the League of the Righteous.
- Nahrwan al-Sham Twitter Page announces the killing of two American IS Fighters
The Free Syrian Army-run Twitter page for "Nahrwan al-Sham," an account documenting an ongoing battle in northern Aleppo against Islamic State (IS) forces, announced on August 25, 2014 the killing of two Americans IS fighters among the 43 killed in total.
- Jihadist Discuss Report that IS Executed Security Official who Worked for British Intelligence
After reports that the Islamic State (IS) executed a man identified as its top security official, Abu Obeida al-Maghribi, on charges of working for the British intelligence, anti-IS jihadists argued that this example demonstrates the weak faith and questionable jihadi spirit of the group's members.
- IS Claims Suicide Bombing in Baghdad in Revenge for Diyala Mosque Attack
The Islamic State (IS) claimed a suicide bombing by a foreign fighter at a Shi'a temple in Baghdad in revenge for an attack by Shi'a militiamen at a Sunni mosque in Diyala.
- IS Claims Suicide Attack Involving Two German Fighters in Kirkuk
The Islamic State (IS) claimed killing and wounding more than 200 from among the Kurdish Peshmerga and Asayish in three suicide bombings in Kirkuk, two of which were carried out by German fighters.
- IS Supporters Threaten US with New Hashtag
Islamic State (IS) supporters are using captured American journalist Steven Sotloff, whom the group threatened to behead upon further intervention from the US, as a threat toward the US using a new hashtag, "#StevensHeadinObamasHands."
- IS Releases Video on Capturing Brigade 93 in ar-Raqqah
The Islamic State (IS) released a video focusing on its capture of Brigade 93 in Syria's ar-Raqqah governorate, and showing its brutal execution of Syrian soldiers, including a beheading.
- IS Video Focuses on Alleged Conversion to Islam by Yazidis in Ninawa
The Islamic State (IS) released a video focusing on the alleged voluntary conversion of hundreds of Yazidis to Islam in Iraq's Ninawa province, and showing Yazidis who converted, calling upon their brethren in the mountains to come down and join them.
- Jihadists Emboldened by IS Beheading American, Challenge U.S.
Emboldened by the Islamic State (IS) directly challenging the United States by beheading American journalist James Wright Foley in a video, and threatening to execute another American if military intervention does not cease, jihadists taunted the U.S. and President Barack Obama, and also lauded the IS.
- IS Supporters React to James Foley Beheading Video
Islamic State (IS)-supporters took to Twitter to respond to IS's release of a video showing the beheading of U.S. journalist James Foley on August 19, 2014—collectively using the hashtags "#A_Message_to_America," based off the title of the IS video, and "#NewMessageFromISIStoUS," a modification of the recent hashtag formed in response to U.S. airstrikes, #AMessagefromISIStoUS."
- Jihadists Post Video of Japanese Security Contractor Allegedly Held by IS
Jihadists posted a video showing what they purport to be a Japanese security contractor interrogated by fighters from the Islamic State (IS) in Syria.
- AQAP Expresses Solidarity with IS Amidst U.S. Airstrikes, Threatens U.S.
Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) expressed solidarity with the Islamic State (IS) regarding the U.S. airstrikes on its positions in northern Iraq and offered recommendations in dealing with enemy aircraft, and also threatened attacks against the U.S.
- IS Returns to Twitter After Suspension of Accounts, Publishes Picture Sets from Anbar, Ninawa
Demonstrating its resilience on Twitter, the Islamic State (IS) opened new accounts for its provincial divisions on two occasions within the past 48-hours, after the social networking website twice suspended them.
- Jihadist Explains Female Medic Role as Circumstantial, Encourages Immigration
An alleged jihadist with the Islamic State (IS) explained the circumstantial exceptions necessary for women to aid fighters on the battlefield while encouraging them to immigrate in a series of Ask.fm answers on August 10, 2014.
- “Ansar al-Khilafah in the Philippines” Pledges to IS, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi
A group calling itself "Ansar al-Khilafah in the Philippines" pledged allegiance to the Islamic State (IS) and its leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, in a video release.
- Islamic State Supporters Promote New Hashtag, Dispute Allegations
In another effort to sway the online conversation regarding Islamic State (IS) activity in Iraq, IS supporters are using a new English hashtag to challenge what they claim to be lies about the group.
- IS Video Shows Aid Distribution to the Needy in Jurf al-Sakhar
The Islamic State (IS) promoted its good works for the people, releasing a video of its distributing aid to displaced and needy families in the area of Jurf al-Sakhar in Iraq's Babil province.
- Twitter Review: Alleged American Jihadist Donald Ray Morgan (Abu Omar al Amreeki)
Donald Ray Morgan, who pledged allegiance to the Islamic State through his Twitter account, was arrested on August 2, 2014 by the Federal Bureau of Investigations on charges of firearm possession.
- “Supporters of the Islamic State in Jerusalem” Announces Death of Member, IS Fighter in Syria
The "Supporters of the Islamic State in Jerusalem" (Jama'at Ansar al-Dawlat al-Islamiyya fi Beit al-Maqdis) announced that one of its members, a "representative" to the Islamic State (IS), was killed during clashes in Syria's Homs governorate.
- IS Video Shows Fighters Inside Brigade 93 After Capture in ar-Raqqah
The Islamic State (IS) released a video of its fighters inside Brigade 93 in Syria's ar-Raqqah governorate after capturing it on August 6, 2014.
- Jihadi Media Group Challenges U.S. to Enter Iraq Once Again
The jihadi media group Tarjuman al-Shami Media Productions released a video challenging the U.S. to deploy soldiers in Iraq once again, showing a series of clips from the war in Iraq and current media from the Islamic State (IS).
- IS Claims 4 Car Bombings in Baghdad, Gives Pictures of Suicide Bombers
The Islamic State (IS) claimed credit for four car bombings in Baghdad on August 6, 2014, and published pictures of the Lebanese and Saudi fighters who carried out suicide bombings in Baghdad's al-Kadhimiyah neighborhood on August 7.
- Jihadist Describes Occupational and Financial Life in Syria
A prominent jihadist recruiter answered questions to prospective jihadists regarding life and expenses under the Islamic State (IS) on Ask.fm.
- Jihadist Hashtag Fuels Disputes, Threats
A trending hashtag on Twitter has formed an aggressive body of dialogue between supporters and critics of the Islamic State (IS).
- Jihadists React to U.S. Airstrikes, Warn of Sleeper Cell Attacks in West
Jihadist and Islamic State (IS)-supporting Twitter accounts reacted to the announced airstrikes from the U.S. aimed at IS artillery locations Iraq.
- IS Claims Two Suicide Bombings Killing Dozens in Baghdad’s al-Kadhimiyah Neighborhood
The Islamic State (IS) claimed killing dozens of Iraqi security forces and Shi'ite militia elements in two suicide bombings in Baghdad's al-Kadhimiyah neighborhood.
- IS Continues to Claim Victories in Ninawa, Takes Control of Mosul Dam
The Islamic State (IS) continues to claim victories against Kurdish Peshmerga and Asayish forces in Iraq's Ninawa province, declaring in its latest communiqué that it has taken control of the Mosul Dam, the oil-rich area of Ain-Zalah, four districts, six sub-districts, and other areas.
- IS Claims Suicide Bombing by German Fighter Among Attacks in Ninawa
The Islamic State (IS) claimed a suicide bombing by a German fighter, Abu Usama al-Almani, among several attacks to control areas of Iraq's Ninawa province and drive out Kurdish forces.
- IS Claims Reaching Border Triangle Between Iraq, Syria, and Turkey
The Islamic State (IS) claimed reaching the border triangle between Iraq, Syria, and Turkey after securing victory in battles to open the Ninawa-Dohuk border, and reported on clashes with Kurdish security forces.
- Foreign Fighters from U.S., Europe Promote Jihad in IS Video
The Islamic State (IS) released a video of foreign fighters from Europe, North Africa, South Africa, Southeast Asia, and the United States promoting jihad and the “Caliphate” announced by the group.
- IS Video Documents Celebrations for Caliphate, Executions of Iraqi Soldiers
The Islamic State (IS) released a video documenting recent attacks and events in Iraq, including celebrations for the declaration of the "Caliphate," its executing Iraqi soldiers en masse, and destroying shrines.
- Fighters Break Ramadan Fast in 8th Episode of IS’ “Mujatweets”
The Islamic State (IS) released the eighth episode in its "Mujatweets" video series, showing fighters and children breaking their Ramadan fast, and one man calling upon Muslims to come to Syria.
- IS Publishes Pictures from Training Camps in Ninawa
The Islamic State (IS) published a picture set showing scenes from its training camps in Iraq's Ninawa province.
- IS Claims Suicide Bombings by German and Syrian Fighters in Baghdad
The Islamic State (IS) claimed killing and injuring more than 150 Iraqi security and militia elements in Baghdad as a result of two suicide bombings by German and Syrian fighters, and the detonating of two car bombs.
- French-Speaking Fighter Calls to Join IS in 6th Episode of “Mujatweets”
A French-speaking fighter urged Muslims to join the Islamic State (IS) and pledge to its “Caliph,” Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, in the sixth episode of the group’s “Mujatweets” video series.
- IS Claims Suicide Bombing by Australian Fighter in Baghdad
The Islamic State (IS) reported that an Australian fighter carried out a suicide bombing in Baghdad on July 17, 2014, killing and wounding more than 90 Shi'ites.
- Pro-IS Yemeni Cleric Questions al-Qaeda Supporters about “Caliphate”
A pro-Islamic State (IS) Yemeni cleric questioned supporters of al-Qaeda why they prefer to follow a group that seeks a Caliphate in a "fantasy world," when the IS has already established one in reality.
- Kazakh Fighter Calls His Countrymen to Jihad in Syria or Home in IS Video
A Kazakh fighter called upon his Muslim countrymen to participate in jihad in Syria or at home, in Kazakhstan, in a posthumous video released by the Islamic State (IS).
- Alleged Religious Official in Northern Mali Gives Support for IS
A message attributed to Hamaad bin Muhammad al-Amin al-Shinqiti, an individual identified as the former head of the Shariah judiciary in the Malian city of Gao, gave support to the Islamic State (IS) and its declared "Caliphate".
- Jihadi Ideologue Abu Muhammad al-Maqdisi Rallies Against IS’ Caliphate
Jihadi ideologue Abu Muhammad al-Maqdisi continues to rally against the "Caliphate" declared by the Islamic State (IS), publishing a second statement in which he attacked its establishment and urged Muslims to reject it.
- AQIM Rejects IS’ Declared Caliphate, Calls Jihadi Leaders to Rectify Issues
In a statement attributed to al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM), the group rejected the "Caliphate" announced by the Islamic State (IS), and urged jihadi leaders and scholars to rectify the issue of the IS and its conflict with factions in Syria.
- Children of Bosnian Fighters Featured in 5th Episode of IS’ “Mujatweets”
The Islamic State (IS) released the fifth episode in its “Mujatweets” video series, featuring children of Bosnian fighters standing with its flag and chanting that the group is “remaining”.
- Canadian Fighter Urges Muslims to Travel to Syria in Posthumous IS Video
The Islamic State (IS) released a posthumous video from a Canadian fighter urging fellow Muslims to come to Syria with their families and participate in jihad.
- Alleged TTP Faction Official and Abtalul Islam Media Pledge to IS
Abtalul Islam Foundation, a jihadi media group focused on the Afghanistan-Pakistan region, and Abu Yazid Abdul Qaher Khorasani, an official in an alleged faction of Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), pledged allegiance to the Islamic State (IS) and its leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.
- “Caliphate and Jihad Movement” in Pakistan Pledges to IS, Claims Attacks
A Pakistani jihadi group calling itself the "Caliphate and Jihad Movement" pledged allegiance to the Islamic State (IS) and its leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, and also claimed credit for four attacks in Hyderabad and Karachi.
- IS Video Shows Military Parade Celebrating “Caliphate” in ar-Raqqah
The Islamic State (IS) released a video of a military parade in Syria's ar-Raqqah governorate in celebration of its declaration of a "Caliphate".
- German Fighter Visits Injured Colleagues in 4th Episode of IS’ “Mujatweets”
The Islamic State (IS) released the fourth episode in its "Mujatweets" video series, showing a German fighter visiting injured colleagues in a medical facility.
- IS Shows Scenes from Explosives Workshop in Homs
The Islamic State (IS) published a picture set showing 24 scenes from its "booby-trapping" workshop in Syria's Homs governorate.
- Jihadists Launch Pro-IS English Magazine “The Truth and the Best Explanation”
Jihadists launched a pro-Islamic State (IS) English magazine called "The Truth and the Best Explanation," and in the first issue, drew lessons from the jihad in Bosnia, and gave a eulogy for a Serbian IS fighter.
- IS Claims Suicide Bombings in Baghdad Districts of Kazimiyah, Washash
The Islamic State (IS) claimed credit for suicide bombings in al-Kazimiyah and al-Washash districts of Baghdad, and identified the perpetrators as Libyan and Lebanese, respectively.
- Islamic State Launches New English Magazine, Promotes Caliphate
The Islamic State launched a new English-language magazine, “Dabiq,” and in the first issue, promoted its establishment of an alleged Islamic Caliphate.
- Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi Appears in Video, Delivers Sermon in Mosul
Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the leader of the Islamic State, appeared for the first time in a video, delivering a sermon at the Great Mosque in the city of Mosul in Iraq’s Ninawa province.
- Jihadist Suggests Arson, Kidnapping, and Strikes on Economic Interests to Support Islamic State
A jihadist recommended that Muslims who are unable to leave their country and join the Islamic State form small cells and carry out jihadi acts to support the group, such as kidnapping Americans and Europeans, striking Western economic interests, and attacking marine vessels.
- Dagestani Jihadi Group Opts to Wait for Scholarly Opinion Before Pledging to Islamic State
Vilayat Dagestan, a division of the Islamic Emirate of the Caucasus (IEC), praised the conquests of the Islamic State in Iraq's Ninawa and Salah al-Din provinces, but expressed apprehension in pledging allegiance to its declared Caliphate.
- “Supporters of the Islamic State in Jerusalem” Mourns Two Slain Fighters
The "Supporters of the Islamic State in Jerusalem" (Jama'at Ansar al-Dawlat al-Islamiyya fi Beit al-Maqdis), the alleged group that claimed credit for the killing of three high school students in the West Bank, announced the killing of two fighters in Gaza.
- Islamic State Gives Photo Set of Hundreds of “Apostates” Repenting in Ninawa
The Islamic State released a picture set showing the repentance of hundreds of "apostates" in one of its headquarters in Iraq's Ninawa province.
- AQIM Calls for Support to ISIS Conquests in Iraq, Stop Infighting
Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) congratulated the Islamic State in Iraq and Sham (ISIS) for its conquests in Iraq’s Ninawa and Salah al-Din provinces and hoped that they may divert attention from the infighting in Syria and enable the problems to be solved.
- Islamic State Leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi Encourages Emigration, Worldwide Action
In an audio message marking the onset of Ramadan, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the leader of the Islamic State (IS), called upon Muslims to act against global oppression and to emigrate to the newly-declared Caliphate.
- Islamic State Video Promotes Destruction of Iraq-Syria Border Crossing
The Islamic State released a video promoting its destruction of a border crossing between al-Hasakah in Syria and Ninawa in Iraq, and its mission to destroy all borders erected by the enemy.
- Islamic State Shows Parade in ar-Raqqah for Announcing Caliphate
The Islamic State published a set of pictures showing a parade it held in Syria’s ar-Raqqah governorate for its declaration of an Islamic Caliphate and the naming of its leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, as the Caliph Ibrahim.