- Telegram Channel Forwards Section of Poison Guide to use on Scholar-Identified Targets
A Telegram channel forwarded a section from a jihadi poison guide for individuals to use on “clear targets” identified in fatwas.
- Telegram Channel Forwards Section of Poison Guide to use on Scholar-Identified Targets
A Telegram channel forwarded a section from a jihadi poison guide for individuals to use on “clear targets” identified in fatwas.
- German-Speaking Jihadi in Syria Forwards Contact Info for Migration Advice
A German-language Telegram account pertaining to an alleged jihadist in Syria shared a personal email address, offering advice for jihad and migration.
- Pro-IS Telegram Channel Refers Prospective Migrants, Donors to American Recruiter
A pro-IS Telegram Channel referred prospective migrants and donors to an alleged American recruiter living in Syria, stating “he will help you out.”
- Telegram Channel Houses “Inspire” Magazine Issues, Incites for Attacks
Jihadists have promoted a Telegram channel purposed to disseminate al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula’s (AQAP) English magazine, “Inspire.”
- IS Supporters Forward Migration Call: Doctors Needed “Badly”
Pro-Islamic State (IS) channels on Telegram disseminated a call for medical professionals to migrate to jihadist fronts, claiming that fighters “need them badly.”
- British IS Fighter to Prospects: Jihad is “Not a Fantasy World”
A solemnly expressed message attributed to a prominent British Islamic State (IS) fighter and recruiter warned prospects to expect hardships under jihad.
- NF Fighter Claims New and Coming Pledges to Group, Coming Offensive
A fighter with the Nusra Front (NF), al-Qaeda’s Syrian affiliate group, claimed new and coming pledges to the group in Aleppo and Hama, and claimed that a “new offensive” would soon begin.
- IS Supporter Instructs Separation of Pro-IS and Public Identities Online
A pro-Islamic State (IS) Twitter account highlighted to IS supporters potential unwanted connections regarding their identities as IS followers and as normal citizens online.
- Jihadi Telegram Account Solicits for “Men and Money” in Syria
A Telegram account representing jihadi fighters in Syria solicited for donations, stressing that “Jihad is need of men and money.”
- IS Recruiter Affirms Migration to Group in Iraq and Syria Still Possible
An Islamic State (IS) recruitment blog claimed that migration to the group in Iraq and Syria is still possible, and also claimed that IS “won’t prevent” Muslims from leaving its territories.
- Wife of IS Fighter in Syria Solicits for a “Co-Wife”
An alleged female jihadist living under the Islamic State (IS) solicited a “co-wife” under IS in the hope to build a “wonderful sisterhood.”
- IS Fighter Claims Western Recruits Left Group, Returned Home
An alleged Islamic State (IS) fighter on Twitter bemoaned the lack of resolve of some Western fighters, claiming in the process that “5-6” had returned to their home countries.
- IS Fighter’s Poem Describes “Sad Decline” in IS Ranks, Advises Prospects
A poem by an alleged Islamic State (IS) fighter described a “sad decline” in the group’s ranks in Syria, and provided advice to prospective recruits.
- IS Recruiter Forwards Migration Call by Fighter in Libya
The Telegram channel of an Islamic State (IS) fighter in Syria forwarded a call by an alleged IS fighter in Libya for prospects to join the group on other fronts, making particular focus on Libya.
- Prominent IS Fighter “Ordered” to Close Telegram Recruitment Channel
A British Islamic State (IS) fighter in Syria announced that IS “Media Team” officials had halted his public recruitment activities.
- Pro-IS Twitter Account Calls for “Martyrdom Operations” in U.S., Allied Nations
A pro-Islamic State (IS) Twitter account called for “martyrdom operations” in the U.S. and its allied countries.
- Telegram Account Requests Donations for Fighters in Syria amid Winter
A Telegram account representing jihadi fighters in Syria made a call for donations amid harsh winter conditions in the country.
- IS Fighter Refers Prospective Migrants, Donors to American Recruiters in Syria
A British Islamic State (IS) fighter and recruiter in Aleppo provided information on a male and female recruiter, both of whom allegedly Americans.
- Telegram Channel Provides Online Library of Jihadi Manuals, Publications
A Telegram channel has provided a steady feed of jihadist manuals, speech transcripts, and other documents for jihadi followers.
- IS Fighter Calls to Rob “Easy Targets” During New Year Celebrations
A British Islamic State (IS) fighter called on jihadists in the West to assault and steal from “disbelievers” during New Year celebrations.
- Female IS Recruiter Encourages Women to Marry Fighters, Addresses Potential Concerns
A female Islamic State (IS) recruiter in Syria encouraged Muslim women to marry jihadi fighters, reassuring them of a blessed life under jihad.
- Radical British Preacher: Trump is Proof that West “Hates” Muslims
Radical British Islamist preacher Abu Haleema commented in a video on Donald Trump’s statements on Muslims, asserting Trump’s words to be proof that the West hates Islam and those who practice it.
- Opposition Fighters and Supporters Eulogize Zahran Alloush
Fighters with opposition groups in Syria, along with those groups’ supporters, commented on the death of Jaish al-Islam leader Zahran Alloush.
- British IS Fighter Calls to Kill, Beat, and Rob “Disbelievers” on Christmas
A British fighter in the Islamic State (IS) called on lone wolves in the West to poison, stab, and beat and rob “disbelievers” on Christmas.
- IS Medics Advise Trauma Training to Prospective Medics, Suggest Equipment
A blog representing medics under the Islamic State (IS) advised that prospective medics pursue trauma training courses, and suggested medical devices to bring to IS territories.
- IS Recruiter Requests Financial Support from Women Outside of Syria
A British Islamic State (IS) fighter and recruiter disseminated an essay advising women on various methods to fundraise for IS.
- IS Recruiter’s EBook Advises Domestic Attacks, Donations from Those Unable to Enter Syria
A British Islamic State (IS) fighter and recruiter released an ebook of practical and ideological advice regarding lone wolf attacks, making donations, and other matters for those unable to migrate to IS in Syria.
- Arrested Pennsylvania IS Supporter Conversed with Fighters, Promoted Calls for Attack
Jalil Ibn Ameer Aziz, a 19 year old American arrested for attempting to provide material support to the Islamic State (IS), was a recognized member of the online IS community.
- Jihadists Campaign for Arrested German Preacher Sven Lau (“Abu Adam”)
Jihadists on social media campaigned for Sven Lau, a German Islamist preacher known as “Abu Adam,” following his December 15, 2015 arrest for allegedly aiding jihadists in Syria.
- Nusra Front Fighters Claim Meager Wages from Group
Fighters with the Nusra Front (NF), al-Qaeda’s branch in Syria, commented on salaries paid to NF fighters versus those of other opposition groups.
- IS Fighter Requests Donations on Telegram
A fighter with the Islamic State (IS) requested donations amid the approaching winter in Syria.
- Fighters Condemn Riyadh Conference, Claim “Huge Consequences on the Ground”
Jihadi fighters in Syria commented on the ongoing conference of Syrian rebel groups in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, which aims to achieve unified positions amongst opposition parties to bring to negotiations with the Syrian government.
- NF-Affiliated Fighter Condemns Strikes on IS Oil Fields, Claims Raised Prices
A fighter affiliated with the Nusra Front (NF), al-Qaeda’s (AQ) Syrian affiliate, condemned British airstrikes on Islamic State (IS) oil fields and detailed their alleged consequences on oil prices in the region.
- Shabaab Allegedly Arrests American Fighter
An American fighter and media worker with the Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement in Somalia was allegedly arrested by the group. The claim was made by the Twitter account of "Salafi Jihadi #Somal,” allegedly belonging to IS-supporting American Shabaab fighter Mohamed Abdullahi Hassan (“Mujahid Miski").Salafi Jihadi #Somal stated on November 13, 2015 that Abu Ahmed al-Amriki, who served as editor of the Shabaab’s media, was arrested for not complying with Shabaab’s propaganda aims: Al-Shabab has imprisoned Abu Ahmed Al-Amriki for refusing to contribute to it's official media lies. He was the chief editor of HSM Press. On November 20, 2015, Salafi Jihadi #Somal responded to another user who asked whether Abu Ahmed is still alive. He replied, “No one knows.” A February 25, 2013 video from the Shabaab featured an American fighter also identified as "Abu Ahmed al-Amriki." However, Salafi Jihadi #Somal did not state if this was the same individual. Salafi Jihadi #Somal's claim was made in wake of various Shabaab defectors pledging to IS.
- Jihadis: Germany “Needs a Lesson” Following Entrance into Anti-IS Coalition
Jihadi users on Twitter threatened Germany in response to its decision to join an intensified anti-Islamic State (IS) military campaign with other Western nations in Syria.
- Jihadi Wife in Syria: IS Women Living Under “Tight Security” and “Terror”
The wife of a non-Islamic State (IS) jihadist fighter in Syria forwarded purported messages from women living under IS, claiming that they were regretfully living under “tight security” and “terror” by the group.
- Pro-IS Tumblr Accounts Renew Call for Lone Wolf Attacks
Pro-Islamic State (IS) Tumblr users circulated an entry calling for lone wolf attacks throughout Europe and the West.
- NF Fighter Posts Picture of Killed Dutch Fighter
An alleged fighter with the Nusra Front (NF), al-Qaeda’s (AQ) Syrian affiliate group, posted a photograph on Twitter of an alleged Dutch fighter killed with the group.
- International Peace Talks and Foreign Aid Prompts Tensions Among Fighters
In response to the second round of the Vienna Talks on Syria on November 14, 2015, fighters and supporters of the Nusra Front (NF) and other Syrian opposition groups discussed the implications of foreign aid and political engagement.
- British IS Fighter Omar Hussein Cautions Women from Sharing Photos with Potential Husbands
A British Islamic State (IS) fighter on Twitter published a statement advising women in the IS that are trying to find a spouse how to keep their modesty online.
- IS Widow Tweets List of Pilots and Airmen, Picture of High-Ranking Air Force Member
A British woman living under Islamic State (IS) called for attacks on American airmen as well as a high-ranking member of the U.S. Air Force.
- Canadian Elections Seen as Highly Consequential to Jihadists
The recent electoral victory of Justin Trudeau's Liberal party in Canada, and consequential defeat of Conservative Prime Minister Stephen Harper, has attracted much attention from jihadists on Twitter.
- IS Widow Disseminates Info on High-Profile U.S. Military Figures, Calls for Attacks
A prominent widowed woman living under the Islamic State (IS) disseminated information on three high-profile U.S. military figures for the purposes of lone wolf attacks.
- IS Supporter Calls for Attacks on U.S. Soldiers, Suggests Methods
An Islamic State (IS) supporter on Twitter made calls for attack against U.S. military personnel and suggested ways for jihadists to do so.
- Jihadi Fighters in Syria Claim Frustrating Lack of Progress in Aleppo
Fighters and supporters of al-Nusra Front and Islamist opposition groups in Syria complained of a lack of progress by those groups in Aleppo.
- Jihadists Express Unanimous Condemnation, Calls for Attack amid al-Aqsa Mosque Violence
Recent clashes between Israeli police and Palestinian protestors at al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem have sparked a unanimous wave of incitements from both al-Qaeda (AQ) and Islamic State (IS) supporters against Israelis and Jews.
- IS Widow Laughs off Placement on UN Terror List
An Islamic State (IS) resident commented on her recent placement on an anti-terror sanctions list by the United Nations.
- IS Supporters Condemn American Muslims’ Interfaith Activities with Pope
Supporters of the Islamic State (IS) on Twitter condemned American Muslims’ participation in interfaith activities with Pope Francis amid his U.S. visit.
- IS Supporter Continues Calls for Attack on Copenhagen Cartoon Event
An Islamic State (IS) supporter on Twitter continued calling for attacks on a Prophet cartoon exhibit in Copenhagen.
- Taliban Supporter Calls For Attacks in U.S., Liberation of Aafia Siddiqui
The Twitter account of an alleged Taliban supporter in the Afghanistan-Pakistan region made a call for attacks in America while attempting to renew calls to free Aafia Siddiqui, an alleged Pakistani jihadi imprisoned in the U.S.
- IS Fighter Claims He Entered Syria with an Illegitimate Syrian ID Card
A migrant fighter with the Islamic State (IS) claimed to have entered Syria with an illegitimate Syrian ID card.
- IS Supporters on Twitter Call for Attacks on Planned Prophet Cartoon Exhibitions
Islamic State (IS) supporters and residents on Twitter called for attacks on planned Prophet cartoon exhibitions in Copenhagen, Paris, Madrid, and London.
- IS Fighter Solicits Financial Assistance for Group, Refers Donors to Contact
A British Islamic State (IS) fighter solicited financial assistance to the group and referred donors to a contact with whom to make the arrangements.
- IS Fighters and Supporters Dispute Prioritizing Migration to Syria or Libya
Islamic State (IS) fighters and supporters shared intense disputes regarding the prioritization of migration to Syria or Libya.
- IS Supporter Forwards Supposed IS Fighters’ Open Offer for Marriage
An Islamic State (IS) supporter on Twitter forwarded a supposed open request by an IS fighter for marriage.
- NF-Affiliated Fighter Posts Alleged Pictures of Gun Taken From U.S.-Backed Rebel Group
An alleged fighter affiliated with the Nusra Front (NF), al-Qaeda’s Syrian affiliate group, posted pictures on Twitter of what he implied to be a gun taken from the U.S.-backed Syrian rebel group, Division 30.
- IS Fighter, Widow in Syria Call for Migration to IS Outside of Country
A fighter and woman living under the Islamic State (IS) in Syria called for migration to the group outside of the country and offered assistance.
- Fighter in Syria Gives Live Updates on Jaish al-Fath Offensive
An alleged fighter in Syria provided live updates on Jaish al-Fath’s ongoing offensive on the Idlib towns of al-Fu'ah and Kafriya, describing various attacks by fighters and resistance from airstrikes.
- American IS Fighter Purportedly Killed in Syria According to Twitter Accounts
Islamic State (IS) supporters and Syrian activists claimed that an American IS fighter by the alias “Abu Khalid Al Amriki” had died in a drone strike in Syria.
- IS Supporter Renews Calls for Attack against Pam Geller
An Islamic State (IS) supporter renewed calls to kill American anti-Islam activist Pamela Geller while providing her alleged address and images of the given location.
- IS Widow Comments on Husband’s Assassination, Forwards “Kill List” of U.S. Military Personnel
The British wife of a prominent deceased Islamic State (IS) fighter commented on her husband’s recent death and forwarded a pro-IS hacking “kill list” of American military personnel.
- IS Fighter Solicits Material and Financial Donations for Fellow Fighter
An Islamic State (IS) fighter solicited donations for another alleged fighter, asking for such things as medicine, drones, sniper scopes, and money.
- Alleged Children’s Letters Praise Jihadi Fighters as “Heroes and Role Models”
A Twitter user posted pictures of what were presented as children’s praising letters to fighters with Syrian al-Qaeda (AQ) Syrian affiliate group the Nusra Front (NF).
- IS Fighter Claims Jewish and American Slaves Held under Group
An alleged fighter with the Islamic State (IS) asserted that the group had “revived” slavery, and claimed that it holds Jewish and American slaves.
- British IS Fighter Explains Syrian Culture in Negative Light to Prospects
A British fighter with the Islamic State (IS) published a blog entry commenting on Arab culture via his experience with Syrians in a perceivably negative light.
- IS Fighter Reaches out to Muslims in Militaries, Claims Dutch Soldier Recently Joined IS
A Dutch Islamic State (IS) fighter and former Dutch soldier called for Muslims in other national military forces to fight for IS.
- IS Recruiter Stresses Closed Entryways into Syria and Iraq, Promotes other IS Provinces
A prominent Islamic State (IS) fighter and recruiter announced to prospective migrants not to enquire about entering Iraq or Syria amid border closings.
- Prominent IS Fighter Details Events Leading to Steady Role as Online Recruiter
A prominent recruiter with the Islamic State (IS) detailed events leading to his steady role as an online recruiter. The statements were made by the Twitter account of “Qa'qa' al-Baritani.”
- IS Fighter Describes Fighters’ Focus on Taking Sex Slaves
An alleged American fighter with the Islamic State (IS) described a strong focus among fighters on taking female sex slaves, characterizing it as a dominant point of conversation among them.
- IS Fighter Gives Personal Accounts of Misleading Interrogators and British Surveillance
A British Islamic State (IS) fighter provided advice for migrants on getting past airport interrogations and misleading investigators’ from one’s migratory plans.
- IS Fighter Affirms Group’s Reported Use of Chemical Weapons
A fighter with the Islamic State (IS) affirmed the group’s reported use of chemical weapons in Syria.
- Users Celebrate IS’ Recently Profiled Currency as Economic Weapon, Proof of Islamic Legitimacy
Islamic State (IS) fighters and supporters celebrated the group’s previously announced currency following a recent IS video profiling it.
- Prominent IS Recruiter Claims Migration to IS in Syria Halted
A prominent Islamic State (IS) recruiter announced that migration to the group in Syria had come to a halt amid closed borders.
- IS Recruiters Press for Lone Wolf Attacks, Offer Advice via Private Messenger
Two prominent Islamic State (IS) recruiters pressed their followers to message them for advice on carrying out lone attacks.
- IS Fighters Solicit Private Conversations, Request Financial Assistance
Islamic State (IS) fighters on Twitter attempted to recruit prospects via private conversations and solicited financial assistance.
- IS Fighters and Supporters Affirm Death of Junaid Hussain
Islamic State (IS) fighters and supporters affirmed the reported death of Junaid Hussain, a prominent British IS fighter, hacker, and recruiter who went by the name “Abu Hussain al-Britani.”
- IS Supporter Circulates Preparation and Execution Guide for Lone Wolf Attacks
An Islamic State (IS) supporter circulated a guide for lone wolf attacks, which touched on planning, identifying targets, and properly claiming an attack.
- IS Supporter Announces Telegram Messenger Group for IS News and Media Dispersal
An Islamic State (IS) supporter on Twitter announced a group on Telegram, an encrypted chat program, for the dispersal of official IS news and media.
- IS Recruiter Calls for Lone Wolf Attacks, Advises Consultation Prior to Migration
A prominent fighter and recruiter with the Islamic State (IS) called on supporters in other countries to commit lone wolf attacks.
- IS Supporters Promote Method for Bypassing Twitter Account-Creation Limits
Islamic State (IS) supporters on Twitter circulated a concise guide for bypassing the platform’s limits on account creation via registered phone numbers.
- NF-Affiliated Fighter Posts Photo of Gun Taken from Division 30
A jihadi fighter affiliated with the Nusra Front (NF) in Syria posed with what he presented as war spoils taken from Division 30.
- IS Fighter Issues Vague Threat toward Britain
An alleged Islamic State (IS) fighter issued an ambiguous threat toward Britain, stating that the country would soon “learn a harsh lesson.”
- IS Fighter Demands Lone Wolf Attacks by Rejecting Islamic Covenants of Security
A prominent Islamic State (IS) fighter and recruiter implied a call for lone wolf attacks by rejecting Islamic covenants of security in nations where Muslims are perceivably oppressed.
- IS Fighter in Libya Pushes for “Flood” of Recruits, Receives Requests for Migration Assistance
An alleged Islamic State (IS) fighter in Libya solicited assistance for migration to the group, and received numerous corresponding responses from pro-IS users from different countries.
- Blog Post Quotes Women on Lessons Learned Under IS
A blog run by alleged women living under the Islamic State (IS) featured an entry sampling “lessons” learned while living under IS.
- Jihadi Fighters on Twitter Call for Donations, Lone Wolf Attacks
Jihadi fighters on Twitter made calls for lone wolf attacks and financing of jihadi causes.
- Blog Post Suggests Ways for IS Supporters to Boost Social Media Effectiveness
An Islamic State (IS)-supporting blog post provided a lengthy array of suggestions for promoting IS online.
- IS Recruiter Implies Attack Threat on Australian Journalist
A prominent Islamic State (IS) fighter and recruiter made an implied attack threat on an Australian journalist.
- Jihadists on Twitter Call For Doctors to Emigrate, Help Fighters
Jihadists on Twitter called for doctors in the west to make hijrah and join the groups, saying that there are many injured fighters that need help.
- Jihadists Forward Alleged Personal Info of Government Personnel, Call for Attacks
Jihadists on Twitter forwarded recently leaked alleged personal information of U.S. soldiers and government workers, and called for lone wolf attacks against them.
- IS Fighter Advises Lone Wolves to Get Jobs at McDonald’s to Poison Food
A Canadian Islamic State (IS) fighter advised lone wolf attackers to kill Westerners by obtaining jobs at McDonald’s fast-food restaurants and poisoning customers’ food.
- Prominent Dutch Nusra Front Fighter Declared Dead by Twitter Users
A prominent Dutch fighter with the Nusra Front (NF), al-Qaeda’s (AQ) Syrian affiliate group, was announced dead by users on Twitter.
- IS Fighter in Libya Advises Muslims to kill “Apostate” Parents
An alleged Islamic State (IS) fighter in Libya advised Muslims to kill their parents if they reject the abandonment of apostasy, and told them to reject any parental refusal to migrate to IS.
- NF Fighter Implies Call for Lone Wolf Attacks, Provides Link to AQAP Bomb-Making Instructions
A Dutch fighter with the Nusra Front (NF) made an implied call for lone wolf attacks by referencing a recent video by al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) and provided a link to a magazine containing a bomb manual.
- IS Fighters Complain of Self-Motivated Recruits Exploiting the Group
Alleged Islamic State (IS) fighters on Twitter complained of wrongfully motivated migrants to IS, including those “milking” the group by pursuing non-fighter roles.
- IS Fighters Affirm Increased Difficulty in Crossing Turkish-Syrian Border
Islamic State (IS) fighters and recruiters affirmed claims that migration to IS in Syria via Turkey has become increasingly difficult, though still claimed it was possible.