- Shabaab Reports Over 30 Somali Forces Killed in Operations in Past 5 Days in Mogadishu, Including 2 with VBIEDs
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, reported that over 30 Somali security forces were killed in operations in the past five days in the capital, Mogadishu, including two with vehicle-borne improvised explosive devices (VBIED).
- Syria-based Uzbek Faction Imam al-Bukhari Battalion Criticizes Terrorist Designation by U.S.
The Imam al-Bukhari Battalion, a Syria-based Uzbek jihadi faction, criticized its terrorist designation by the U.S. State Department and questioned why Shi'ite militias were not instead listed.
- IS' Khorasan Province Claims 2-Man Suicide Attack on Shi'ite Mosque in Heart
The Islamic State's (IS) Khorasan Province claimed a two-man suicide raid on the Shi'ite Rasool-e-Akram mosque in Herat in western Afghanistan.
- IS Supporters Wage Coordinated Celebratory Online Campaign for Trebes, France Attack
Islamic State (IS) supporters launched a coordinated online campaign for a reportedly IS-pledged gunman’s hostage-taking operation at a supermarket in Trebes, France.
- IS' 'Amaq Reports Trèbes Attacker a "Soldier" of the Group
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported that the perpetrator of the hostage-taking incident at a supermarket in Trèbes, France, was a "solider" of the group.
- AQ's Mali Branch Claims Rocket Strike Wounding Cambodian, French Forces in Kidal
The Mali-based al-Qaeda (AQ)-affiliate Nusrat al-Islam wal Muslimeen (NIM) claimed a rocket strike on a camp in Kidal, wounding Cambodian and French forces.
- IS Reports Clash with Philippine Soldiers in Sulu in Naba 124
The Islamic State (IS) reported in Naba 124 that its fighters on Jolo island in the Philippines' Sulu province clashed with soldiers and killed six.
- IS-linked Khalid ibn al-Walid Army Releases Video on Schools it Operates in Yarmouk Basin
The Islamic State (IS)-linked Khalid ibn al-Walid Army released a video on schools it operates in the Yarmouk Basin in Syria's Daraa governorate, disputing allegations that it shut down such institutions.
- In Lead-Up to Egyptian Presidential Election, IS Supporters Launch Campaign Opposing Democracy
Just four days before the Egyptian presidential election, Islamic State (IS) supporters launched a campaign to reveal the "truth" about democracy, seeking to impact voter turnout.
- Shabaab Claims Car Bombing Outside Wehliye Hotel in Mogadishu
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, claimed credit for the detonation of a car bomb outside the Wehliye Hotel in downtown Mogadishu, targeting a gathering of government officials and security officers.
- Pro-IS Group Promotes Grozny Attacker in Inciting for Lone-Wolf Operations
A pro-Islamic State (IS) group promoted the fighter who perpetrated the attack on police in the Chechen capital, Grozny, and his will inciting for lone-wolf operations.
- Afghan Taliban Threatens to Continue Cutting Power to Kabul Unless Demands are Met
The Afghan Taliban threatened that it would continue cutting off power to Kabul unless its demands are met to power and civil services in Baghlan and Kunduz provinces.
- IS Reports Beheading Tribal Militia Commander, Bombing Neighborhood Leaders in Operations by "Security Detachments" in Mosul
The Islamic State (IS) reported that several of its "security detachments" executed operations in Mosul, including a raid on the house of a tribal militia commander and then his beheading.
- IS Cites Tunisia as Example of Democracy Contradicting Islamic Law in Naba 123
The Islamic State (IS) pointed to Tunisia and laws overturned and being considered as evidence of democracy contradicting Islamic law, charging in Naba 123 that politicians use democratic means to ultimately secure personal interests.
- AQ Leader Zawahiri Gives Historical Lecture on Muslims' Loss, European Conquests in East Africa
Al-Qaeda (AQ) leader Ayman al-Zawahiri presented a historical lecture on East Africa as it relates to European conquests and Muslims' loss of sovereignty, and drew conclusions about the cause, among which is corruption and internal conflict.
- Pro-IS Group Warns Americans While Another Incites for Lone-Wolf Attacks in West with Posters
A pro-Islamic State (IS) group warned Americans of fire and knives to afflict them, while another incited for lone-wolf attacks in the West and in France in particular.
- AQ-Aligned Ansar Ghazwat-ul-Hind Mourns 3 Slain Fighters in 2nd Issue of Nasr Bulletin
The Kashmir-based al-Qaeda (AQ)-aligned Ansar Ghazwat-ul-Hind (AGH) mourned three fighters who were killed in a recent clash in Srinagar in the second issue of its Nasr Bulletin.
- IS Supporting Group Calls Muslims to Follow Example of Paris Attackers
An Islamic State (IS) supporting group called on Muslims to follow the example of the November 2015 Paris attackers and mount strikes in the West.
- Pro-IS French Group Attempts to Shame Men to Act by Citing Woman in IS Battle Footage
A pro-Islamic State (IS) French media group attempted to shame men to act by citing the footage of a woman engaged in battle from an IS video production.
- IS Division in Yemen Photographs Beheading of Houthi Fighter in al-Bayda', Claims Killing and Wounding 6
Al-Bayda' Province of the Islamic State (IS) in Yemen claimed killing and wounding at least six Houthi fighters in separate incidents in the Qifa area, and photographed the beheading of one.
- AQ's as-Sahab Media Publishes Leadership Advice from Former Shariah Official
Al-Qaeda's (AQ) as-Sahab Media Foundation published a booklet containing leadership advice from a former religious official as the first part in a series of past letters from its command.
- Afghan Taliban Video Focuses on Targeted Attacks Such as Jan. 2014 Suicide Bombing on Military Bus, Oct. 2017 Rocket Strike on Camp Khidr
The Afghan Taliban released a video focusing on the targeted attacks it carried out over the past years, including the January 2014 suicide bombing on a military bus in Kabul, and the October 2017 rocket strike on American forces at Camp Khidr in Logar.
- Shabaab Claims Killing Puntland Mine Action Dept. Official, Repulsing Attack Involving U.S., AMISOM, and Somali Forces
The Somalia-based al-Qaeda (AQ) branch, the Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, claimed attacks in Bosaso, Bulo Gadud, Mogadishu, and elsewhere in the country, including one killing the official of Puntland's Mine Action Department, and another involving the repulsion of a joint strike by U.S., AMISOM, and Somali forces.
- IS-Pledged Kashmiri Fighter Rejects AGH Claim of Slain Indian Militant
An Islamic State (IS)-pledged Kashmiri fighter rejected the claim by Ansar Ghawat-ul-Hind (AGH) that slain Indian fighter Muhammad Taufeeq belonged to its ranks, alleging that he left it and pledged to the IS.
- AQAP Claims Raid on Houthi Position in Rada'a, Taking 5 POWs
Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) reported that it took five Houthi fighters prisoner in a raid on their position in Rada'a district in Yemen's al-Bayda' governorate.
- IS Recognizes Slain Leader of Pledged Group in Kashmir as Khorasan Province Member
The Islamic State (IS) recognized Essa Fazili, the leader of a group in Kashmir that pledged to it, as a member of its Khorasan Province.
- AQAP Memorializes Killer of Rabbi in West Bank in 1st Issue of “Madad Bulletin,” Reminds to Fight U.S.
Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) launched a new periodical it called “Madad Bulletin,” and in the first issue, memorialized the killer of a rabbi in West Bank and reminded Muslims to fight the U.S. due to its support to Israel.
- IS' Damascus Province Reports Taking Control Over Areas Handed to Syrian Regime by Opposition Factions
The Islamic State (IS) reported that its fighters in the Qadam neighborhood of southern Damascus seized control over areas handed over to the Syrian regime by opposition factions.
- Pro-IS Group Advises Fighters on Interacting with Local Populations, Protecting Against "Crusaders"
A pro-Islamic State (IS) group focused on foreign fighters provided them advice on interacting with local populations in Syria and protecting themselves against the "Crusaders".
- Ansar Ghazwat-ul-Hind Publishes 1st Issue of "Nasr Bulletin," Identifies Slain Militant as One of its Own
The Kashmir-based Ansar Ghazwat-ul-Hind (AGH) published the first issue of its "Nasr Bulletin," eulogizing in it one of three recently slain militants that an Islamic State (IS)-pledged group had claimed as its own.
- Leader and Members of IS-Pledged Kashmiri Group Eulogized in Audio, Youths Encouraged to Join Ranks
A Kashmir-centric pro-Islamic State (IS) media group issued an audio message eulogizing the leader and members of the local IS-pledged jihadi group, criticizing Kashmiri separatist organizations and individuals, and calling on the youth of the Kashmir Valley to join IS ranks.
- Shabaab Releases Oromic Translation of Video on June 2015 Attack on Ethiopian Military Convoy in Bay
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, released an Oromic translation of its video focusing on the June 2015 attack on an Ethiopian military convoy in Bay.
- AQ's Mali Branch Claims Attacks on Malian Army in Mopti, Introduces New Communique Design to Thwart Bogus Claims
Nusrat al-Islam wal Muslimeen (NIM), the Mali-based al-Qaeda (AQ) branch, claimed two bombings on Malian army vehicles in Mopti and introduced a new communique design to thwart bogus messages in its name.
- Shabaab Claims Attacks on AMISOM Forces, "UAE-Trained" Somali Troops in Mogadishu, Lower Shabelle, Bay, and Gedo
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, claimed attacks on Ethiopian and Ugandan forces within the AMISOM mission and also what is described as "UAE-trained" Somali troops in Mogadishu, Lower Shabelle, Bay, and Gedo.
- Pro-IS Group Depicts Messi as IS Captive Inside World Cup Stadium
A pro-Islamic State (IS) group published a poster threatening the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia, depicting FC Barcelona player Lionel Messi as an IS captive next to an explosive device in Luzhniki Stadium.
- IS Supporters Report Death of Leader of IS-Pledged Group in Kashmir
Islamic State (IS) supporters reported the death of the leader of an IS-pledged group in Kashmir, and urged Muslims in the region to fight rather than participate in demonstrations, and to attack members of separatist factions.
- IS' Khorasan Province Claims Killing 200+ Shi'ites in Suicide Bombing in Hazara Majority Neighborhood of Kabul
The Islamic State's (IS) Khorasan Province claimed killing over 200 Shi'ites and wounding hundreds more in a suicide bombing in Dasht-E-Barchi, a Hazara majority neighborhood in Kabul, Afghanistan.
- Prominent Jihadi Cleric Muhaysini Promotes Ansar al-Islam, Distributes Group's Hama Attack Video
Abdullah al-Muhaysini, a prominent Saudi cleric and jihadi figure in Syria, promoted Ansar al-Islam as "great" foreign fighters, and distributed the group's video of of an attack in northern Hama.
- Afghan Taliban Details Killing, Wounding 100+ in Four-man Suicide Raid on Boldak Security HQ, Kandahar
The Afghan Taliban provided details of a four-man suicide raid it carried out on the Boldak Security headquarters in Kandahar, where it claimed killing and wounding hundreds.
- IS Claims Killing Shi'ite Militia Elements in Clash Mounted by Two Fighters in Salah al-Din
The Islamic State (IS) claimed inflicting casualties among the Shi'ite militia Saraya Salam in the city of al-Ishaqi in Salah al-Din, Iraq, in a clash mounted by two fighters.
- Shabaab Claims Six Attacks in Three Days in Lower Shabelle, Hiran, & Mogadishu (Banaadir)
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda’s (AQ) branch in Somalia, claimed seven operations on Somali and Djiboutian forces in Lower Shabelle, Hiran, and Banaadir, including four in the country’s capital, Mogadishu.
- "Boko Haram" Video Features Freed Commander, Shows Battle Footage from Sambisa Forest
The Nigeria-based Jama’at Ahl al-Sunnah Lil Dawa Wal Jihad, or "Boko Haram," released a video featuring a freed commander threatening attacks and featuring battle footage from the Sambisa Forest in Borno State.
- IS' Khorasan Province Photographs its Distributing Gifts to Orphaned Children
The Islamic State's (IS) Khorasan Province published photos of its "Care of the Vulnerable" body distributing gifts to orphaned boys and girls.
- Sahel Brigade Announces its Joining Hurras al-Deen, Becomes 13th Faction to Enter Jihadi Group
The "Sahel Brigade" announced its joining Hurras al-Deen (Guardians of the Faith), to become the thirteenth faction to enter into and consolidate ranks with the jihadi group.
- IS' Khorasan Province Claims Killing Afghan Official in Jalalabad Suicide Bombing
The Islamic State's (IS) Khorasan Province claimed killing a local government official in a suicide bombing in Jalalabad, the capital of Nangarhar in eastern Afghanistan.
- Afghan Taliban Claims Inflicting Casualties Among American Soldiers in Logar Rocket Strike
The Afghan Taliban claimed inflicting casualties among American soldiers in a rocket strike on a military base in Pul-e Alam, the provincial capital of Logar.
- IS Supporters Call on Kashmiri Muslims to Join, Plan Large-Scale Attacks
Islamic State (IS) supporters circulated a message calling on Muslims in the Kashmir Valley to forgo attending protests and instead plan large-scale attacks and join the local IS-pledged group.
- IS Supporter Criticizes Saudi General Sports Authority for Partnering with WWE
An Islamic State (IS) supporter criticized the Saudi General Sports Authority and, in turn, the Saudi government, for partnering with World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) and supporting "pleasures of the Crusader youth".
- Abdul Rahman bin 'Awf Brigade Joins Hurras al-Deen, Following Suit of Pro-AQ Factions in Syria
Abdul Rahman bin 'Awf Brigade, a Syrian militant faction, announced its joining of the newly emerged Hurras al-Deen (Guardians of the Religion), following suit of pro-AQ and other factions in Syria.
- IS Video Promotes Afghanistan as Option for Immigration, Features Foreign Children and Adults
The Islamic State's (IS) Khorasan Province released a video promoting Jowzjan and Nangarhar in Afghanistan as options for Muslim immigrants, and featuring foreign children and adults echoing that portrayal.
- 'Amaq Reports on and Provides Video of IS Fighter Killed Somali Intel Agent in Afgoye
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported on and later provided a video of the assassination of a Somali intelligence agent in Afgoye.
- Al-Qaeda Leader Zawahiri Urges North African Muslims Fight Against French
Al-Qaeda (AQ) leader Ayman al-Zawahiri urged North African Muslims to fight against French soldiers, who he clams have returned to the region to occupy their lands and kill their brethren.
- IS Video Shows Ongoing Operations in Deir al-Zour, Townspeople Giving "Reception' for Fighters After Successful Return from Battle
The Islamic State's (IS) Furat Province released a video on its ongoing operations in the northeast of Shafa village in Syria's Deir al-Zour governorate, and featured scenes of a "reception" by townspeople for the successful return of fighters from battle.
- Al-Qaeda Figure Urges Muslims Maintain Religious Morals, Values on Social Media
An al-Qaeda (AQ) figure urged Muslims to maintain their religious morals and values on social media, and prohibited their "Islamic pens" from distorting the faith.
- Al-Qaeda's Mali Branch Warns Tribesmen who Tracked Fighters After Soumpi Raid
Noting that some tribesmen tracked its fighters after they stormed a Malian army base in Soumpi, Timbuktu, the al-Qaeda (AQ)-affiliated Nusrat al-Islam wal Muslimeen (NIM) warned them about delivering location information to the enemy.
- Eight More Syria-based Factions Announce Their Joining Hurras al-Deen
After the al-Qaeda (AQ)-aligned Syria-based Jaysh al-Badia, Jaysh al-Malahem, and Jaysh al-Sahel announced their joining Hurras al-Deen (Guardians of the Faith), eight more factions followed in entering into the organization.
- Al-Qaeda's Mali Branch Releases Photo of Suicide Bomber Involved in Ouagadougou Raid
The Mali-based branch of al-Qaeda (AQ), Nusrat al-Islam wal Muslimeen (NIM), released a photo of the suicide bomber involved in the raid on the French embassy and Burkinabe national army headquarters in Ouagadougou, the capital of Burkina Faso.
- IS Publishes Photos of Assassinating Two Yemeni Soldiers on City Street in Aden in Daylight
The Islamic State's (IS) Aden-Abyan Province published photos of its fighters assassinating two Yemeni soldiers on a city street in Aden in the daylight.
It released the five photos on March 4, 2018, indicating that the operation took place in the al-Mansourah neighborhood.
Below are the photos:
- Shabaab Claims Killing Over 50 AMISOM Troops in Bay and Middle Shabelle, 6 Kenyan Soldiers in Mandera
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, claimed killing more than 53 AMISOM troops in two operations, one in Bay region and the other in Middle Shabelle, and also reported the death of six Kenyan soldiers in an attack in Kenya's Mandera County.
- AQ's Mali Branch Claims Twin Attacks on French Embassy, Burkinabe Army HQ in Burkina Faso's Capital
Nusrat al-Islam wal Muslimeen (NIM), the Mali-based branch of al-Qaeda (AQ), claimed credit for the twin attacks in Ouagadougou, the capital of neighboring Burkina Faso, targeting the French embassy and Burkinabe army headquarters.
- IS Argues HTS Losing Positions to SLF is Similar to al-Qaeda’s Expulsion from Territories After Losing Popular Support
The Islamic State (IS) discussed Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS) losing its positions to the Syrian Liberation Front (SLF) in Naba 121, arguing that it is due to the failure to maintain popular support, which also afflicted al-Qaeda (AQ) and led to its expulsion from its controlled-territories.
- Kashmir-based Ansar Ghazwat-ul-Hind and Supporting Group Give Statement on Fake Claims
The Kashmir-based Ansar Ghzawat-ul-Hind (AGH) and a supporting group, al-Sindh, each gave statements on fake claims in AGH's name, with the latter noting a spurious claim of credit for the murder of a Hurriyat leader.
- IS Posts Photos of U.S. Spy Balloon Shot Down East of Tikrit
The Islamic State (IS) provided photos of an alleged U.S. espionage balloon that it shot down east of Tikrit, Iraq.
- Pro-IS TG Channel Continues to Propose Ideas for Lone Wolves in West
After proposing to lone-wolf jihadists in the West to burn parking garages and forests, a pro-Islamic State (IS) Telegram channel added another idea in its series.
- Shabaab Claims Killing 80+ Somali Soldiers and 4 South African Trainers in Suicide Bombing in Afgooye, Seizing Control Over Bal'ad
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, claimed killing over 80 Somali soldiers and four South African trainers in a suicide bombing in Afgooye, and also announced its seizing control over the city of Bal'ad after a raid on AMISOM and SNA bases.
- Shabaab Claims Killing 20+ in Suicide Operation Near Mogadishu, Attacks in Gedo and Banaadir
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda’s (AQ) branch in Somalia, claimed killing more than 20 in a suicide operation near Somalia’s capital, Mogadishu, as well as four further attacks in the country’s Banaadir and Gedo regions on Somali, Kenyan, and Ethiopian forces.
- Afghan Taliban Responds to Open Letter for Peace Talks and Ceasefire, States “We Do Not Fear America”
The Afghan Taliban responded to an open letter urging for peace talks and a ceasefire from Barnett Rubin, who currently directs the Afghanistan Pakistan Regional Program at the Center on International Cooperation (CIC), asserting Rubin missed “a few crucial points.”
- Al-Qaeda's Mali Branch Sends Video "S.O.S." For Elderly French Hostage in Medical Duress
The Mali-based branch of al-Qaeda (AQ), Nusrat al-Islam wal Muslimeen (NIM), released a video "S.O.S." for an elderly French hostage in medical duress.
- Shabaab Video Memorializes Reported Mastermind of 2015 Garissa University Attack
The Somalia-based branch of al-Qaeda (AQ), the Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, released a video memorializing the reported mastermind of the 2015 Garissa University attack in Kenya.
- After Giving Update on Results of Counter-Offensive in Sheikh Zuweid, IS' Sinai Province Provided Report on Rafah
One-day after giving an update on its counter-offensive agains the Egyptian army in Sheikh Zuweid, the Islamic State's (IS) Sinai Province provided an update for Rafah, claiming to have killed and wounded dozens of soldiers.
- Pro-IS Group Publicizes Major IS Operations in Afghanistan, Libya, and Yemen with Infographics
The pro-Islamic State (IS) al-Yaqeen Media Foundation publicized the recent major operations by the group's fighters in Afghanistan, Libya, and Yemen with a series of infographics.
- JTS Acknowledges “Mistakes” against Foreign Fighters, Forms “Special Office” to Handle Future Transgressions
Amid reports of its mistreatment toward migrants, Jabhat Tahrir Suriya (JTS) vowed to “protect” foreign fighters and announced the formation of an office to handle claims of unjust conduct.
- HTS Supporters in Africa and Europe Share Handwritten Notes Promoting Group
Supporters in Africa and Europe of the Syria-based Hay'at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS) shared photos of their handwritten notes promoting the group, most overlooking sites in their respective countries.
- Afghan Taliban Claims Taking 17 Security Forces and Governor Spokesman as POWs in Kandahar
The Afghan Taliban claimed taking 17 security forces and the spokesman for Uruzgan's provincial governor as POWs in a "special operation" in neighboring Kandahar province.
- HTS Reports Clashes and Gains against JTS in the Countryside of Idlib and Aleppo
Hay'at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS) reported engaging in numerous clashes with Ahrar al-Sham and Nour al-Din Zinki, the leading groups within the Jabhat Tahrir Suriya (JTS) umbrella, and gaining control of several villages in the countryside of Aleppo and Idlib.
- Pro-AQ Groups in Syria Distribute Group’s Call to Help Those in Besieged Eastern Ghouta
Pro-al-Qaeda (AQ) groups in Syria disseminated a newly emerged group’s call to protect besieged Muslims in the rebel-held area of Eastern Ghouta.
- IS Sinai Province Claims Destroying Egyptian Army Vehicles, Clashing with Soldiers in Sheikh Zuweid Amidst Enemy Offensive
The Islamic State's (IS) Sinai Province provided an updated on its ongoing counter-offensive against the Egyptian military campaign "Sinai 2018," claiming to have destroyed army vehicles and clashing with soldiers in Sheikh Zuweid.
- Afghan Taliban Condemns Bombings in Eastern Ghouta, Calls on Muslim Fighters to Unite Against “External Enemies”
The Afghan Taliban condemned the recent bombing of Syrian civilians in Eastern Ghouta, calling on fighters in the area to “set aside their internal differences” and fight against the “real external enemies.”
- Afghan Taliban Claims Inflicting Casualties Among U.S. Forces in Bombing in Laghman
The Afghan Taliban claimed inflicting casualties among American soldiers in a bombing in Laghman province in eastern Afghanistan.
- Pro-IS TG Channel Proposes Lone Wolves in West Burn Parking Garages, Forests
A pro-Islamic State (IS) Telegram channel dedicated to lone-wolf attacks proposed that jihadists in the West burn parking garages and forests.
- IS' Khorasan Province Claims Burning Bus Transporting Shi'ites in Quetta
The Islamic State's (IS) Khorasan Province claimed burning a bus transporting Shi'ite pilgrims in the city of Quetta in western Pakistan.
- IS’ Khorasan Province Stones “Adulterer” in Nangarhar, Releases Photos
Khorasan Province of the Islamic State (IS) released a photo report showing an “adulterer” being stoned to death in Nangarhar, Afghanistan.
- Pro-IS Group Raises Fear of Attacks in Major Cities, Suggests Automatic Weapons
Continuing its series of posters inciting for and raising fear of attacks in major cities, a pro-Islamic State (IS) group suggested lone wolves utilize automatic weapons and questioned where the next strike will be.
- Afghan Taliban Calls for U.S. to Accept “Legitimate Demands,” Find “Peaceful Strategy” for Afghanistan
The Afghan Taliban called for the U.S. government to accept its “legitimate demands” and proceed with a “peaceful strategy,” arguing continued military intervention “will only intensify and prolong the war.”
- IS Video Shows Raid on "PKK" Barracks in Northeast Shafa (Deir al-Zour)
The Islamic State (IS) released a video showing its fighters storming "PKK" barracks in the northeast of Shafa village in Syria's Deir al-Zour governorate.
- Pro-AQ TG Channel Summarizes Audio Interview with Shabaab Suicide Bomber from Feb 23rd Attack
A pro- al-Qaeda (AQ) Telegram channel provided an English summary for a Somali interview with one of the two Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement suicide bombers prior to his carry out his attack at the Presidential Palace in Mogadishu on February 23, 2018.
- IS-linked Khalid ibn al-Walid Army Shows Beheadings of an Attacks on Opposition Factions in Daraa, Syria
The Islamic State (IS)-linked Khalid ibn al-Walid Army released a video of its attacks on and beheadings of fighters from opposition factions in Syria's Daraa governorate.
- Pro-IS Group Promotes IS Attack in Kashmir Valley, Shows Rifle Taken as War Spoil
A Kashmir-centric pro-Islamic State (IS) media group promoted the IS attack on an Indian policeman in Srinagar, showing a rifle allegedly taken as a war spoil, and warning of more strikes to come.
- AQ-Aligned Ansar Ghazwat-ul-Hind Leader Calls "Every Able Youth" to Attack Indian Army, Companies Seeking Investment in India
Zakir Musa, the head of the al-Qaeda (AQ)- aligned Kashmir-based Ansar Ghazwa-ul-Hind, called on fighters and "every able youth" to participate in jihad against India and, in particular, strike army patrols, companies associated with the Indian government, and foreign companies seeking investment opportunities in India.
- Shabaab Reports Over 80 Casualties in Suicide Bombings, Raid on Government Targets in Mogadishu
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, provided a final update on its dual suicide bombings and raid on the Presidential Palace and intelligence HQ in the capital, Mogadishu, claiming over 80 casualties.
- IS Claims Rare Suicide Bombing in Kirkuk, Targets Alleged Shi'ite Militia-run "Secret Torture Center"
The Islamic State (IS) claimed a rare suicide bombing in Iraq's Kirkuk governorate, targeting what it described as a "secret torture center" operated by the Shi'ite militia Asa'ib Ahel al-Haq (League of the Righteous).
- Afghan Taliban Claims Inflicting Dozens of Casualties in 2 Suicide Bombings 3 Hours Apart in Helmand, Provides Details
In an update to its prior reports on two suicide bombings three hours apart in Helmand province, the Afghan Taliban provided details on the operations and claimed inflicting dozens of casualties among Afghan military and intelligence personnel.
- 'Amaq Reports Two Suicide Bombings by IS Fighters on Counterrorism Office in Aden
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported that the group carried out two suicide bomings on a counterterrorism office in Aden, Yemen.
- Gaza-based Jaysh al-Islam Releases Inaugural Issue of "Nida' al-Masra" Magazine
The Gaza-based Jaysh al-Islam (Army of Islam), a jihadi faction that in the past expressed support for the Islamic State (IS), released the inaugural issue of its magazine, presenting articles ranging from the importance of training to medical information about cancer.
- Afghan Taliban Claims Inflicting Heavy Losses in 2 Suicide Bombings 3 Hours Apart in Helmand
The Afghan Taliban claimed inflicting heavy losses among Afghan soldiers and intelligence elements in two suicide bombings three hours apart in Helmand province in southern Afghanistan.
- Al-Qaeda Uses Ghouta Massacre as Rallying Cry for Syria-based Fighters
Al-Qaeda (AQ) cited the massacre of Muslims in the eastern Ghouta of the Syrian capital, Damascus, as a rallying cry for Syria-based fighters to unite and settle their conflicts.
- Shabaab Media Unit States 35 Killed in Suicide Raid in Somali Capital
A media unit of al-Qaeda’s (AQ) branch in Somalia, the Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, put the death toll at 35 from the suicide raid mounted by fighters in the capital, Mogadishu.
- IS' Khorasan Province Claims Suicide Bombing at Afghan Intel Facilities in Kabul
The Islamic State's (IS) Khorasan Province claimed credit for the suicide bombing in the diplomatic area of the Afghan capital, Kabul, targeting Afghan intelligence facilities.
- Shabaab Claims Two Suicide Operations and “Fierce Clashes” Near Presidential Palace in Mogadishu
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda’s branch in Somalia, claimed two suicide operations and ongoing clashes near the presidential palace in Mogadishu.
- IS Video Shows Suicide Bombings, Clashes in Deir al-Zour in "Revenge for the Chaste" Offensive
The Islamic State's Barakah Province released a video showing suicide bombings and clashes within its "Battle of Revenge for the Chaste" campaign in Syria's Deir al-Zour governorate.