- Afghan Taliban Leader Orders Fighters to Continue Attacks on Foreign Soldiers During Eid al-Fitr but Suspend Ops on Afghan Forces
In a statement attributed to Haibatullah Akhundzada, the Afghan Taliban leader ordered fighters to continue attacks on foreign soldiers during Eid al-Fitr but to suspend offensive operations against "domestic opposition forces".
- One Day After Attack Killing U.S. Soldier, Shabaab Claims Death of 50+ SNA in Suicide Bombing in Same Town
One day after its attack killing a U.S. soldier in Bulo Gadud, a town in Somalia's Lower Juba region, the Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement claimed to have caused the death of over 50 Somali soldiers in a suicide bombing in the same town.
- 'Amaq Reports IS' Responsibility for Suicide Bombing at Rural Development Ministry in Kabul
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported that the group is responsible for the suicide bombing at the entrance to the Afghan Ministry of Rural Development in the capital, Kabul.
- Shabaab Claims Seizing Control Over Town Following Attack on SNA Barracks, Storming two AMISOM Bases in Lower Shabelle
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, claimed that its fighters seized control over a town in Bakool following an attack on Somali National Army (SNA) barracks, and inflicted losses among Ugandan forces in the AMISOM mission when fighters stormed two military bases in Lower Shabelle.
- Shabaab Claims "Fierce Attack" on Joint U.S.-Somali Base Near Kismayo
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, claimed mounting a "fierce attack" on a joint U.S.-Somali military base near Kismayo and killing and wounding over five American soldiers.
- IS Supporters Report Death of Australian IS Fighter Nicknamed "Dr. Jihad" in Media
Islamic State (IS) supporters reported the death of Tareq Kamleh, an Australian fighter who had appeared in past IS videos and was nicknamed in the media as "Dr. Jihad".
- IS-linked Group Depicts Fighter on Street in Alabama to Threaten "Just Terror"
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group published a poster depicting a gun-toting fighter on a street in Alabama to threaten "just terror".
- IS' Barqah Province in Libya Claims 2 Attacks in One-Week Span
The Islamic State's Barqah Province, which encompasses the east (Cyrenaica) and parts of the central (Fezzan) region of Libya, claimed two attacks on Libyan security forces within a one-week span.
- Shabaab Video Presents Past Lecture by Slain AQIM Official on Priority of Knowledge
As the fourth episode in its video series featuring lectures from past al-Qaeda (AQ) leaders, the Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement presented a speech by now-deceased al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) official Abu al-Hassan Rashid al-Bulaydi on prioritizing religious knowledge.
- IS' Khorasan Province Claims Suicide Attack at Afghan MP's Home in Jalalabad
The Islamic State's (IS) Khorasan Province claimed credit for a suicide attack at the home of an Afghan parliamentarian in Jalalabad.
- AQ-aligned Ansar Ghazwat-ul-Hind Calls Muslims in India and Kashmir to Contribute to Promoting Jihad
The al-Qaeda (AQ)-aligned Ansar Ghazwat-ul-Hind (AGH) called on Muslims in India and the Jammu and Kashmir Valley to contribute to the promotion of jihad and defense of fighters.
- IS-linked Group Warns of Variety of Attacks at 2018 FIFA World Cup, Predicts "Victory"
Displaying a variety of attack methods, an Islamic State (IS)-linked group predicted "victory" for fighters in the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.
- AQ Leader Zawahiri Champions Jihad to Liberate Palestine, Calls Fighters to Expand Scope of Battle
Al-Qaeda (AQ) leader Ayman al-Zawahiri championed jihad above all other means to liberate Palestine in a video speech, and called on fighters to expand the scope of their battle to reach those that enable Israel.
- TTP Likens Incident in Wana to Srebrenica Massacre, Vows to Avenge Slain Civilians
Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) likened civilian deaths in clashes involving the Pashtun Protection Movement (PTM) in Wana, South Waziristan, to the massacre of Bosniaks in Srebrenica, and vowed to avenge the slain.
- Shabaab Claims Killing 20+ Kenyan Soldiers in Garissa Bombing, 2 Hirshabelle MPs in Bal'ad Ambush
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement claimed killing over 20 Kenyan soldiers in a bomb blast in Kenya's Garissa County, and in its home base of Somalia, took credit for five attacks on June 3-5, 2018, including that which killed two MPs in the Hirshabelle administration in Middle Shabelle.
- IS-linked Group Incites Lone Wolves in West to Strike During Upcoming Celebrations
Noting that many "kuffar celebrations are yet to come," an Islamic State (IS)-linked group urged lone-wolf jihadists in the West to mount attacks and provided motivation from an article taken from the IS' Rumiyah magazine.
- Editorial in Pro-IS Magazine Demands Lone Wolves Act, Suggests Means of Financial Support and Spreading Poison
An editorial in the pro-Islamic State (IS) magazine “Anfal” demanded that Muslims all over the world take action as lone wolves and suggested means of financial support and spreading poison.
- Pro-IS Group Warns of Unprecedented Massacre During 2018 FIFA World Cup
Amidst a propaganda campaign against the 2018 FIFA World Cup in which several pro-Islamic State (IS) groups have participated, a media outfit warned of an unprecedented massacre during the event.
- 'Amaq Releases Video of IS Fighter Killing Somali Policeman in Mogadishu's Bakara Market
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency released a video of a group fighter killing a Somali policeman in the Bakara market of the capital, Mogadishu.
- French Pro-AQ Group Distributes Posters Urging Murder of Americans and Jews
The French pro- al-Qaeda (AQ) media group al-Kifah distributed posters in three languages urging the murder of Americans and Jews.
- IS Supporters Design Posters Showing U.S. President Trump as Prisoner and Beheaded
Islamic State (IS) supporters designed and published posters depicting U.S. President Donald Trump in different scenes, one as a prisoner, and the other as a decapitated head on a street in New York City.
- AQ-aligned Hurras al-Deen Claims Raid on Syrian Army in Lattakia, Provides Photos
The al-Qaeda (AQ)-aligned Hurras al-Deen claimed storming Syrian army positions in Lattakia and provided photos of the operation.
- On Same Day as Kabul Suicide Bombing, IS' Khorasan province Claims Suicide Raid in Neighboring Pakistan
On the same day it claimed credit for a suicide bombing on a meeting of scholars in the capital of Afghanistan, Kabul, the IS' Khorasan province took responsibility for a two-man suicide raid in neighboring Pakistan.
- IS Claims Killing, Wounding 70 in Formal Communique for Suicide Bombing on Scholars' Gathering in Kabul
The Islamic State's (IS) Khorasan Province claimed killing and wounding 70 scholars and security elements in a suicide bombing near Polytechnic University in the Afghan capital, Kabul.
- Afghan Taliban Claims Destroying British APC in Kabul, Provides Video of Vehicle Debrisv
The Afghan Taliban claimed destroying a British armored personnel carrier (APC) in Kabul and killing those soldiers onboard, including a female officer, and provided a video of the vehicle debris.
- Shabaab Claims Destroying U.S. Military Vehicle in Lower Shabelle, Storming PSF Base Near Bosaso
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, claimed destroying a U.S. military vehicle in Lower Shabelle and inflicting casualties among those soldiers onboard, and storming a Puntland Security Force (PSF) base near Bosaso.
- IS Claims Attacks on Gas Pipeline in Tunisia, Police in Chechnya
The Islamic State (IS) claimed two attacks outside its usual areas of operations, bombing a gas pipeline in Tunisia and detonating an IED on policemen in Chechnya.
- 'Amaq Reports IS' Responsibility for Suicide Bombing on Gathering of Scholars in Kabul
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported that the group is responsibility for the suicide bombing on a gathering of Muslim scholars near Polytechnic University in the Afghan capital, Kabul.
- AQAP Condemns Saudi Entertainment and Sports Authorities, Points to WWE Event in Jeddah as Example of “Sin”
Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) condemned the Saudi General Sports Authority and General Entertainment Authority for spreading moral degradation and rejecting Islamic ideals, and pointed the recent WWE wrestling event in Jeddah as an example of “sin”.
- IS Identifies Belgium Attacker as "Bakr al-Beljiki" in Naba 134 "Exclusive"
The Islamic State (IS) identified the perpetrator of the May 29, 2018, attack in Liege, Belgium, as "Bakr al-Beljiki" and provided other information in an "exclusive" in Naba 134.
- Swahili Pro-IS Telegram Channels Distribute Photos of Alleged Fighters in Mozambique
Swahili pro-Islamic State (IS) Telegram channels distributed photos of alleged fighters in Mozambique.
- HTS Condemns U.S. Terror Designation, Demands Evidence of AQ Link
Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS) condemned its terror designation by the U.S. State Department and demanded evidence of the link to al-Qaeda (AQ) cited in the amended order.
- Shabaab Claims Killing, Wounding 150+ Somali Soldiers in Offensive in South-Central Somalia
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, claimed that its fighters killed and wounded over 150 Somali soldiers in an offensive on their base in Moqokori district in Hiran.
- AQAP Claims Attacks on Houthis, UAE-backed SBF in al-Bayda’ and Abyan
Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) claimed five operations targeting Houthis and UAE-backed Security Belt Forces (SBF) in al-Bayda’ and Abyan.
- Shabaab Releases Video of Fighter Training, Assassinations in Mogadishu and Bombings in Lower Shabelle
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, released a video of fighter training at a camp named in honor of two former officials, and featuring assassinations in Mogadishu and bombings of AMISOM forces in Lower Shabelle.
- French Pro-AQ Group Cites AQIM Leader in Promoting Lone Jihad
A French pro- al-Qaeda (AQ) group cited al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) leader Abu Musab Abdul Wadud in poster promoting lone-wolf jihad.
- TTP Publishes Photos of Fighter Training at Mehdi Alaih Rizwan Camp
Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) published a set of photos from its Mehdi Alaih Rizwan camp showing fighters training with firearms and exercising.
- IS' Khorasan Province Claims 10-Man Suicide Raid on Afghan Interior Ministry in Kabul
The Islamic State's (IS) Khorasan Province claimed killing and wounding "dozens" in a ten-man suicide raid on an Afghan Interior Ministry building in the capital, Kabul.
- IS-linked Groups Promote Liège Attack, Threaten More Strikes in Belgium
Two Islamic State (IS)-linked media groups separately promoted the May 29, 2018, attack in Liège, and threatened more IS-inspired strikes in Belgium.
- 'Amaq Reports Belgium Attacker a "Soldier of the Islamic State"
'Amaq News Agency of the Islamic State (IS) reported that the attacker in Liege, Belgium, was from the "soldiers of the Islamic State".
- 'Amaq Reports IS Suicide Raid at Afghan Interior Ministry HQ in Kabul
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported the group's responsibility for a suicide raid the Afghan Ministry of Interior in the capital of Afghanistan, Kabul.
- AQ-aligned Hurras al-Deen Claims Deterring Syrian Regime Advance in Southern Aleppo
The al-Qaeda (AQ)-aligned Hurras al-Deen claimed deterring offensives by the Syrian army in southern Aleppo.
- IS Promotes Recent Operations in Indonesia and Philippines in Naba 133 Infographic
The Islamic State (IS) promoted in a Naba 133 infographic the recent operations claimed by its East Asia division in Indonesia and the Philippines, tallying casualties at “75 apostates and Christian disbelievers” killed.
- AQ Media Chief Calls for Strengthening of Militarized Jihad in Interview
Al-Qaeda’s (AQ) media chief called for the strengthening of militarized jihad against “largest Crusader campaign in history,” stating, “the tree of jihad is only watered with blood.”
- AQAP Video Features Rocket Attack on Elite Forces in Hadramawt
Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Penisula (AQAP) released a video showing its rocket attack on a camp belonging to Elite forces in Hadramawt, Yemen.
- Afghan Taliban Claims Killing Man who Made "Bravery Medal" for U.S. President Trump
The Afghan Taliban claimed killing a man for his "appalling action" of making a "bravery medal" for U.S. President Donald Trump.
- IS Supporter in Albania Reportedly Helps Group Despite Imprisonment
An Islamic State (IS) supporter imprisoned in Albania is reportedly helping the group by means of providing translations of its newspaper infographics and getting them outside the jail.
- Shabaab Claims Attacks on Ugandan Forces within AMISOM in Lower Shabelle, Several Operations in Capital
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, claimed three attacks on Ugandan forces in two days in Lower Shabelle and took credit for several operations in the capital, Mogadishu.
- Pro-AQAP Media Group Announces Founding, Intent to Spread Incitement and "Security Awareness"
A media group focused on supporting al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) announced its founding and its intent to spread incitement and "security awareness".
- IS-linked Group Reiterates Warning of Vehicular Attacks in Russia
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group reiterated its warning of vehicular attacks in Russia ahead of the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- IS Video Shows Guerrilla Tactics Adopted by Fighters in Kirkuk, Execution of Prisoners, One by Heavy Machine Gun
The Islamic State (IS) released a video showing the guerrilla tactics adopted by its fighters in Iraq's Kirkuk governorate and the execution of prisoners, including one with a heavy machine gun.
- IS Supporters Call Lone Wolves in Egypt to Kill Christians, Security Forces to Avenge Blockade in Sinai
Islamic State (IS) supporters behind a campaign to target Egyptian security forces, called on lone wolves in Egypt to kill or assault those forces as well as Christians in revenge for a blockade on civilians in Sinai.
- AQ Media Chief Describes Trump as Acting Like “Rambo,” Promotes Military Success of Afghan Taliban
Al-Qaeda’s (AQ) media chief described U.S. President Donald Trump as acting like “Rambo” in trying to single-handedly defeat “terrorism” on multiple fronts and promoted the military success of the Afghan Taliban in an audio speech.
- IS Claims Suicide Bombing in Ajdabiya, Raid on Libyan Forces in Awjila
The Islamic State's (IS) Barqah Province in Libya claimed a suicide bombing by an Egyptian fighter on Libyan forces in Ajdabiya and also a raid on a security checkpoint in Awjila.
- IS' Khorasan Province Claims Repulsing Joint U.S.-Afghan Raid on Position in Kunar
The Islamic State's (IS) Khorasan Province claimed repulsing a joint U.S.-Afghan raid on a position it holds in Kunar, Afghanistan.
- Pro-IS Group Depicts St. George Church in Cairo as Future Target
An Egypt-focused pro-Islamic State (IS) media group depicted the St. George Church in Cairo as a future target.
- IS Claims Suicide Bombing by Uyghur Fighter in Tadmur (Palmyra) on Syrian Soldiers and Supporting Forces
Homs Province of the Islamic State (IS) in Syria claimed a suicide bombing by an Uyghur fighter on Syrian soldiers and supporting forces in Tadmur (Palmyra).
- Shabaab Leader Slams "Parliament of Mercenaries" in Audio Speech, Says Nearly 200 AMISOM Forces Killed in 3 Months
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement released an audio speech from its leader - the third within three weeks - slamming the Somali government as having a "parliament of mercenaries," and declaring that nearly 200 AMISOM forces were killed in the past three months.
- Canadian Fighter Featured in Video from Syria-based TIP on Emigrating from West
The Syria-based division of the Turkistan Islamic Party (TIP) featured a Canadian among its foreign fighters urging Muslims to emigrate from the West and defending their presence in the country.
- TTP Claims Five-Man Suicide Raid on Military Intel Office in Quetta, Balochistan
Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) claimed a five-man suicide raid on an "office of military intelligence" in Quetta in Balochistan, Pakistan.
- Gaza-based Jaysh al-Islam Releases 2nd Issue of "Nida al-Masra" Magazine
The Gaza-based Jaysh al-Islam (Army of Islam), a jihadi faction that in the past expressed support for the Islamic State (IS), released the second issue of its magazine, again covering topics ranging from jihad to medical issues.
- Pro-IS Muhajireen Foundation Launches Website in 6 Languages
The pro-Islamic State (IS) "Muhajireen Foundation" launched a website on which it provides its material in Arabic, Dutch, English, German, Persian, and Turkish languages.
The group advertised the new website via Telegram on May 15, 2018.
- Shabaab Claims Killing, Wounding 72 Somali Security Forces Total in 4 Days
The Somalia-based al-Qaeda (AQ) branch, the Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, claimed killing and wounding a total of 72 Somali security forces across four provinces in a period of four days.
- IS-linked Group Threatens 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia
An Islamic State (IS)-linked media group published posters threatening the 2018 FIFA World Cup to be held in Russia beginning June 14, 2018.
- Shabaab Video Shows Life of Fighters in Golis Mountains, Footage from June 2017 Af Urur Raid
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, released a video highlighting the life of fighters in the Golis Mountains in the north of the country, and featuring footage from the June 8, 2017, raid on the Af Urur military base.
- Indonesian IS-linked Group Relaunches "Al-Fatihin" Magazine, Releases 10 Issues in 2 Months
An Indonesian Islamic State (IS)-linked group relaunched "Al-Fatihin" magazine and released ten issues in the span of two months.
- IS Supporting Group Gives Instructions for Attacks During 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia
A media group supporting the Islamic State (IS) gave instructions for targeting "infidels" inside and outside stadiums during the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.
- Afghan Taliban Demands "Practical Response" to U.S. Embassy Move to Jerusalem
The Afghan Taliban demanded a "practical response" from the Islamic and "free world" against the U.S. moving its embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.
- IS Supporter Incites for Lone-wolf Attacks in Kashmir Valley, Lists “Common Targets”
An Islamic State (IS) supporter called for lone-wolf attacks in the Kashmir Valley, listing “common targets,” including Hindus, police, and tourists.
- AQAP Claims Victory Over SBF in 3-Day Clash in Abyan
Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) claimed victory over UAE-backed Security Belt Forces (SBF) in a three-day clash in the mountains of Khobar al-Maraqisha in Yemen's Abyan governorate.
- IS-linked Group Depicts Knife-wielding Man Approaching Pope Francis
An Islamic State (IS)-linked media group published a poster depicting a knife-wielding man approaching Pope Francis.
- IS Claims 52 Casualties in 3 Suicide Bombings on Churches in Indonesia
The Islamic State (IS) claimed killing 11 people and wounding 41 others in three suicide bombings on churches in Indonesia's East Java province.
- IS-linked Group Says "Blood for Blood" in Justifying Paris Attack
After the Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency declared the Paris knife attacker to be a group "soldier," an IS-linked group published a poster justifying the incident as "blood for blood".
- Afghan Taliban Claims Downing Helicopter During Clash with American-Afghan Forces in Helmand
The Afghan Taliban claimed downing a helicopter during a clash with a joint force of American and Afghan soldiers in Helmand province in the south of the country.
- IS' 'Amaq Reports Group's Responsibility for 3 Suicide Bombings at Churches in Indonesia
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported that the group is responsible for three suicide bombings at churches in the Indonesian city of Surabya.
- 'Amaq Reports Paris Knife Attacker an IS "Soldier"
'Amaq News Agency reported that the man who stabbed five people in Paris, France, on May 12, 2018, is a "soldier of the Islamic State".
- IS Claims Killing, Wounding 51 Iraqi Soldiers in Car Bombing in Taji
The Islamic State (IS) claimed killing and wounding 51 Iraqi soldiers in a car bombing in Taji.
- Afghan Taliban Claims Killing American Soldier in Attack in Mihtarlam
The Afghan Taliban claimed killing an American soldier in an attack in the city of Mihtarlam in Laghman province of northeastern Afghanistan.
The group published a brief Arabic message on its website and social media channels on May 11, 2018, reporting that the day prior, fighters attacked and destroyed an enemy armored vehicle as it withdrew to Mihtarlam from Alingar district.
- IS Reports 95 Killed in Battles with African MJTF in Nigeria in Naba 131
The Islamic State (IS) reported in Naba 131 that during a month of battles in Nigeria, its West Africa Province killed 95 soldiers from the Africa Multinational Joint Task Force (MJTF) and wounded hundreds of others.
- IS' Khorasan Province Claims Killing Indian Policeman in Kashmir
The Islamic State's (IS) Khorasan Province claimed credit for the killing of an Indian policeman in Kashmir.
- AQIM’s Uqba bin Nafi Battalion Urges Tunisian Muslims Turn to Jihad Rather than Ballot Box
The Uqba bin Nafi Battalion, the Tunisia-based branch of al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM), recommended Tunisian Muslims turn to jihad to achieve desired goals rather than the ballot box.
- IS-linked Group Notes Multitude of Foreign Nationals to Hit at World Cup
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group noted that due to the international makeup of spectators for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia, a single strike will hit a great variety of foreign nationals.
- Pro-IS Group Depicts Luzhniki Stadium in Flames, Putin and Ronaldo as IS Prisoners
A pro-Islamic State (IS) group depicted Luzhniki Stadium, one of the sites of the 2018 FIFA World Cup, in flames and Russian President Vladimir Putin and Portugal national team player Cristiano Ronaldo as IS prisoners.
- IS Supporter Encourages Video Game Development to Serve "Caliphate"
An Islamic State (IS) supporter encouraged the development of video games to serve the group's "Caliphate".
- IS' West Africa Province Claims Repulsing Nigerian Army Attack in Kirenowa
The Islamic State's (IS) West Africa Province reported that its fighters repulsed a Nigerian military offensive in Kirenowa in northeast Nigeria.
- IS' West Africa Province Publishes Photos of War Spoils from Attack in Niger
The Nigeria-based West Africa Province of the Islamic State (IS) published photos of war spoils its fighters seized following an attack across the border in Niger's Diffa region.
- Graphics from IS-linked Group Threaten Attacks to Come in Russia
Two graphics designed and distributed by an Islamic State (IS)-linked group threatened attacks to come in Russia, one showing Russian President Vladimir Putin as a dead IS captive.
- IS Reports Ongoing Clashes Inside Prison in Jakarta, Provides Photos of Fighters and Seized Weapons
The East Asia division of the Islamic State (IS) reported on the ongoing clashes inside the Depok city prison in the Indonesian capital, Jakarta, and provided photos of fighters and seized weapons.
- AQIM Threatens Western Companies in North Africa and Sahel, Calls Muslims to Boycott
Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) threatened Western companies and enterprises operating in North Africa and the Sahel, especially those owned by French, and called on Muslims to boycott them.
- IS Claims Suicide Bombing on Libyan Forces in Eastern Sirte
The Islamic State's (IS) Barqah Province in Libya claimed credit for a suicide bombing on a military checkpoint in eastern Sirte.
- Afghan Taliban Releases Fighter Training Video from Hazrat Abu Bakr Siddiq Camp
The Afghan Taliban released a video of fighters training at its "Hazrat Abu Bakr Siddiq Camp".
- 'Amaq Reports IS Fighters Clashing with Anti-Terrorism Police Inside Prison in Jakarta
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported that fighters have engaged in a clash with Indonesian anti-terrorism police inside a prison in Jakarta.
- IS-linked French Group Tells Lone Wolves to "Choose Your Target" at 2018 FIFA World Cup
In its third poster threatening the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia, an Islamic State (IS)-linked French media group told lone wolves to "choose your target".
- IS-linked Group Distributes Wanted Posters for Egyptian President, Army and Intel Members
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group designed and distributed wanted posters for Egyptian President Abdul Fattah al-Sisi and soldiers and intelligence agents.
- 'Amaq Releases Video of IS Fighter Assassinating Somali Intel Agent in Mogadishu's Bakara Market
'Amaq News Agency released a video of an Islamic State (IS) fighter assassinating a Somali intelligence agent in Bakara market in the capital, Mogadishu.
- Afghan Taliban and IS Each Post Military Statistics for Attacks in Afghanistan for Similar Timeframes
The Afghan Taliban and the Islamic State (IS) each posted military statistics for their attacks in Afghanistan for similar timeframes, covering April 2017 through April 2018.
- Shabaab Claims Killing, Wounding 15 KDF Soldiers in Somali Border Town
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, claimed killing and wounding 15 soldiers from the Kenyan Defense Forces (KDF) in a town on the Somalia-Kenya border.
- Shabaab Claims Killing 5 Kenyan "Crusaders" in Kenya's Mandera County in 1st Attack in Country in 7 Weeks
The Somalia-based Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement claimed killing 5 "Kenyan Crusader occupiers" in Kenya's Mandera County in the first attack in the country in seven weeks.
- AQ Releases Usama bin Laden Lecture on Jihad and Traveling to Fight
Al-Qaeda's (AQ) as-Sahab Media Foundation released a video lecture from former leader Usama bin Laden recorded prior to 9/11, wherein he discusses jihad and traveling to fight as obligations.