- JNIM Official for Mali's Macina Region Incites Fula in West Africa to Take Up arms
Jama'at Nusrat al-Islam wal Muslimeen (JNIM), al-Qaeda's Mali branch, released a video from its official for the country's Macina region inciting the Fula people there and in the entirety of the Sahel and West Africa to take up arms.
- German Channel Calls Hijrah a Duty for Muslims Worldwide Living Under “Kuffar”
A German pro-Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS) channel published a graphic inciting Muslims living under “Kuffar” [disbelievers] to immigrate.
- Afghan Taliban Stresses that Attack in Hazara-Majority District in Ghazni Did Not Target Religious Sect
The Afghan Taliban stressed that its attack in the Hazara-majority district of Jaghori in Ghazni province did not target the religious sect but hit only those elements "associated with the Kabul administration".
- Shabaab Claims Assassinating Hirshabelle MP in Mogadishu, Killing Official for Somali Special Forces in Lower Shabelle
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, the Somalia-based branch of al-Qaeda (AQ), claimed assassinating a Hirshabelle MP in Mogadishu while failing in an attempt to assassinate a government official in Bardale two days prior, and killing a supply director for Somali Special Forces in Lower Shabelle.
- IS Claims Repulsing AQAP Assault on Multiple Positions of its Fighters in al-Bayda'
The Islamic State's Yemen Province (ISYP) claimed repulsing an assault by al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) on multiple positions of its fighters in al-Bayda' governorate.
- IS' West Africa Province Claims Killing Accused Spy in Cameroon
The Nigeria-based branch of the Islamic State, West Africa Province (ISWAP), claimed killing an accused spy in neighboring Cameroon.
- Depicting London and Devastated City, IS-linked Group Warns Fighters are "Coming"
On a poster depicting London and a devastated city, an Islamic State (IS)-linked group warned that fighters are "coming".
- HTS “Elite Forces” Carry Out Military Exercises in Show of Force
Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS) published a photo report of its “elite forces” carrying out military exercises in a show of its preparedness to fight in Idlib.
- Shabaab Releases Documentary-Style Video Promoting Jihad in Somalia, Shows March 2018 Ambush of AMISOM Forces in Bal'ad
Al-Qaeda's branch in Somalia, the Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, released a documentary-style video promoting jihad in the country and featuring footage from the March 2, 2018, ambush of Burundian forces within AMISOM in the town of Bal'ad.
- Boko Haram Adopts IS Communique Style, Claims Attacks on Nigerian Positions in Borno
Adopting the Islamic State (IS) style of communique design, and using the "West Africa" name, Jama’at Ahl al-Sunnah Lil Dawa Wal Jihad, or "Boko Haram," claimed attacks on Nigerian positions in Borno State and published photos.
- Afghan Taliban Remarks that Insider Attack Killing Utah Mayor in Kabul Indicative of Peaking "Anti-Occupation Sensitives"
The Afghan Taliban remarked that the November 3, 2018, insider attack in Kabul in which Utah mayor Brent Taylor was killed is indicative of peaking "anti-occupation sensitivities" among Afghan armed forces.
- IS-linked Group Publishes Article on Murder to Jamal Khashoggi
The Islamic State (IS)-linked al-Battar Media Foundation published an article on the murder of Jamal Khashoggi in which the author found God simultaneously "humiliating" the Saudis and punishing the Washington Post journalist.
- Al-Qaeda's as-Sahab Media Launches Website
Al-Qaeda's as-Sahab Media Foundation launched a website on which it hosts its recent publications from Ayman al-Zawahiri and other group propaganda.
- IS Video Shows Attacks Including Suicide Bombing on Syrian Regime Forces in Vicinity of Albu Kamal
The Islamic State (IS) released a video featuring footage of its attacks from several months ago on Syrian regime forces in Albu Kamal.
- IS Targets Shi’ites with Multiple Bombings in Baghdad
The Islamic State (IS) claimed five bombings in Baghdad in one day targeting Shi’ites.
- IS Targets SDF Headquarters with Car Bomb
The Islamic State (IS) claimed inflicting 50 casualties among Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), or what it calls “PKK,” in a car bombing in Raqqah.
- TTP Vows Revenge for Acquittal of Pakistani Christian Woman on Blasphemy Charge
Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) vowed revenge for Pakistan's Supreme Court acquitting a Christian woman on a blasphemy charge, and urged Muslims to wage jihad to defend their religion and sanctities.
- Shabaab Claims Two Attacks on Somali Special Forces, One Hitting a Foreign Officer, in Mogadishu and Lower Shabelle
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, claimed two attacks on Somali Special Forces, one hitting an officer identified as foreign, in Mogadishu and Lower Shabelle.
- IS' West Africa Province Claims IED Blast on Nigerian Army Vehicle Near Lake Chad
The Islamic State's West Africa Province (ISWAP) claimed bombing a Nigerian army vehicle near Lake Chad.
- IS Division in Yemen Claims Attacks on AQAP and Houthi Fighters in Same District
The al-Bayda' division of the Islamic State's Yemen Province (ISYP) claimed attacks on an al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) position and Houthi fighters in separate incidents on the same day, both in al-Quraishyah district.
- IS-Aligned Group Gives Biography of Alleged Canadian Hacker of U.S. CENTCOM Twitter Account
A foreign fighter-centric Islamic State (IS)-aligned group published a biography of an alleged Canadian who it claimed is behind the January 2015 hacking of the Twitter account of U.S. CENTCOM.
- IS Linked Group Distributes Poster Threatening Christians, Depicting Roman Catholic & Coptic Popes
Using a photograph depicting Pope Francis with the Coptic Pope Tawadros II on a visit to Egypt by the Roman Catholic pontiff in April 2017, an Islamic State (IS) linked group incited violence against Christians.
- Afghan Taliban Acknowledges Participation of its Political Office in Moscow Conference
The Afghan Taliban acknowledged that a delegation from its Political Office will participate in the upcoming Moscow conference.
- Jihadists Distribute Tips from IS-aligned Group for Promoting IS Propaganda
Islamic State (IS) supporters distributed tips from an aligned group for promoting IS propaganda efficiently and securely.
- IS' West Africa Province Claims Killing 15 African Forces in Clash, Seizing Temporary Control Over Town in Maiduguri
The Islamic State's West Africa Province (ISWAP), its Nigeria-based branch, claimed killing 15 African coalition forces and seizing temporary control over a town in Maiduguri.
- Pro-IS Chat Groups Share MIT Video from Poso Rallying Fighters
Jihadists distributed a video attributed to Mujahidin Indonesia Timur (MIT) wherein a fighter in Poso rallies others to persevere against the enemy and never surrender.
The 2 minute, 14 second video was posted on pro-Islamic State (IS) Telegram chat groups on October 22, 2018, accompanied with an English message reading:
less than 10 indonesian mujahideen with only 2 assault rifles against thousands of Indonesian army in Poso forest
struggling to Tamkin [be empowered] in Indonesia
They need weapons supply
In the video, a fighter flanked by two armed men gives a speech in Indonesian, advising fellow fighters to be firm in the "fields of jihad" and to rely in God to grant them victory despite the gross imbalance in their numbers and weapons against those of the enemy.
- Lauding Insider Attack Killing U.S. Soldier in Kabul, Afghan Taliban Urges Afghan Armed Forces to Follow Example
Lauding the Afghan soldier who killed an American soldier in an insider attack in Kabul, the Afghan Taliban urged members of the Afghan armed forces to follow his example.
- IS Claims Ambush of Coptic Christians in Minya as "Revenge" for Arrested Female Muslims
The Islamic State (IS) claimed credit for the ambush of Coptic Christians in Minya, Egypt, in a formal communique, declaring that the operation came in "revenge" for the arrest of female Muslims.
- Afghan Taliban Refuses to Deliver Corpses from Helicopter Crash Until Demand Met
Continuing to maintain that its fighters shot down a military helicopter in Farah, the Afghan Taliban declared that it will not deliver the enemy corpses from the crash until the Afghan government delivers the body of the executor of the insider attack at a base in Kandahar.
- IS Claims Credit Through 'Amaq for Attack on Coptic Christians in Minya, Egypt
The Islamic State (IS) claimed credit through its 'Amaq News Agency for the attack on Coptic Christians in Minya, Egypt. Ciitng a "security source," the group reported that the executor of the ambush were IS fighters.
- IS-aligned Group Suggests Bombs on Airplanes and Hidden in Targeted Vehicles
An Islamic State (IS)-aligned group suggested the use of explosives on airplanes and hidden in targeted vehicles to strike the enemy.
- IS’ al-Hayat Identifies 450 Casualties in 85 Attacks in Statistical Breakdown of Ops (October 25-31)
The Islamic State (IS) released the 14th episode in a video series providing statistical breakdowns of IS operations, covering in this installment the week of October 25-31, 2018.
- Naba 154 Infographic Gives Statistics for Ongoing Battles in Deir al-Zour
The Islamic State (IS) featured an infographic in the 154th issue of its Naba newspaper that detailed statistics from one month (September to October) of the ongoing U.S.-backed Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) offensive in Deir al-Zour, Syria.
- Naba 154 Article Claims IS’ Responsibility for Commando Operation on NATO Base in Herat, Afghanistan
More than a week after an Afghan commando opened fire on a NATO base in Shindand, Herat, Afghanistan – leading to one killed and two wounded – the Islamic State (IS) claimed the operation was carried out by a “Caliphate soldier” in Naba 154.
- IS’ ‘Amaq Reports Killing of Somali Customs Officer in Puntland
The Islamic State’s (IS) ‘Amaq News Agency issued a report claiming the shooting of a customs agent in Bosaso.
- AQ-Aligned Coalition Issues Photo Report of Shelling SAA Positions in Aleppo
“Incite the Believers Operations Room,” a Syria-based al-Qaeda (AQ) aligned coalition group, issued a photo report on its shelling of SAA forces in Aleppo, marking its seventh operation claimed in a week.
- Pro-AQ Hurras al-Deen Gives Eulogy for Deceased Official, Veteran of Jihad in Iraq
The Syria-based al-Qaeda (AQ)-aligned Hurras al-Deen gave a eulogy for one of its officials, a member of both its Leadership and Shura councils and a veteran of the jihad in Iraq.
- Drawing from Latest IS Video, Linked Group Advises Vehicular Attacks in West
Drawing from the call for attacks in the West in the 8th episode of the Islamic State's (IS) "Inside the Caliphate" video series, an IS-linked group advised vehicular strikes.
- IS' Khorasan Provinces Issues Formal Communique for Suicide Bombing Near Pul-e-Charkhi Prison
The Islamic State's Khorasan Province (ISKP) issued a formal communique for the suicide bombing near Pul-e-Charkhi prison in Kabul, Afghanistan.
- 'Amaq Reports IS' Responsibility for Suicide Bombing Near Pul-e-Charkhi Prison in Kabul
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported that the group is responsible for the suicide bombing that struck a bus carrying employees of Pul-e-Charkhi prison near the location in Kabul, Afghanistan.
- Afghan Taliban Claims Downing Military Helicopter that Reportedly Crashed Due to Bad Weather
The Afghan Taliban took credit for downing a military helicopter that reportedly crashed into a mountain due to bad weather.
- IS-linked Group Uses Celebration of Halloween to Instill Fear
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group used the celebration of Halloween to instill fear of attacks and their horror.
- AQIM Decries Veil Ban in Algeria as a Part of Effort to “Fight Islam”
Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) released a statement condemning recent niqab bans in Algeria.
- IS' al-Hayat Identifies 610 Casualties in 121 Attacks in Statistical Breakdown of Ops (October 18-24)
The Islamic State (IS) released the 13th episode in a video series providing statistical breakdowns of IS operations, covering in this installment the week of October 18 - October 24, 2018.
- AQAP Video Uses Confessions of Alleged Saudi Intelligence Spies to Examine Espionage “Industry”
Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) video breaks down the recruitment and activities of spies in extended interviews with infiltrators linked to Saudi intelligence.
- IS Incites for Attacks, Lays Out Propaganda Dissemination Directives in Newest “Inside the Caliphate” Video
The Islamic State (IS) released the eighth installment of its “Inside the Caliphate” video series, breaking from other installments by highlighting past attacks and attack directives, and instructing on adherence to the group’s propaganda machine.
- IS-Linked Group Incites “Lone-Wolf” Violence in America
Threatening Americans with “flame and sharp knives,” an Islamic State (IS) -linked media group distributed an English-language graphic depicting urban warfare.
- Jihadi Coalition Claims Three Attacks against SAA, SAA Aligned Militias
Incite the Believers Operations Room, a Syria-based jihadi coalition, claimed an attack on the Syrian Army (SAA) and two attacks against SAA-aligned militia forces.
- JNIM Claims Attack on International Forces in Timbuktu
The Mali-based branch of al-Qaeda (AQ), Jama’at Nusrtat al-Islam wal Muslimeen (JNIM), released a video statement claiming an attack on International Forces barracks in Timbuktu.
- IS’ Libya Province Claims Widespread Attack on Haftar Loyalists in Jufra
The Islamic State’s (IS) Libya Province claimed a widespread attack on Haftar loyalist positions in Jufra district, which included a suicide operation.
- Shabaab Claims Bombing against Ethiopian Army
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda’s (AQ) branch in Somalia, claimed the bombing of an Ethiopian military convoy in the central part of the country.
- Pro-IS Media Groups Warn America, France, and Italy of Attacks
Pro-Islamic State (IS) media groups warned America, France, and Italy of attacks, depicting, for example, the IS flag in Venice and the Eiffel Tower collapsed in Paris.
- IS' West Africa Province Claims Killing 29 Nigerian Soldiers in Operation in Gashigar
The Islamic State's West Africa Province (ISWAP) claimed killing 29 soldiers in two attacks within an operation in the Nigerian town of Gashigar.
- IS' Khorasan Province Claims Suicide Bombing on Election Commission Staff in Kabul
The Islamic State's Khorasan Province (ISKP) claimed credit for the suicide bombing near the headquarters of the Independent Election Commission headquarters in Kabul, hitting employees and security forces.
- IS-linked Group Depicts Assassination of Pope Francis in 2nd Poster in Series
In its second poster in what it dubbed a campaign, an Islamic State (IS)-linked group depicted the assassination of Pope Francis.
- Using Incitement from IS Spokesman, Linked Group Warns of Attacks at Concerts
Again using a stock image of a concert, an Islamic State (IS)-linked group warned of attacks on such venues and used incitement from IS spokesman Abu al-Hassan al-Muhajir.
- IS Claims Suicide Bombing on Convoy of "Crusaders" and "PKK" in Deir al-Zour
The Islamic State's (IS) Syria division claimed inflicting casualties among "Crusaders" and "PKK" in a suicide bombing on their convoy in Deir al-Zour.
- Afghan Taliban Condemns U.S. Treasury Designations of Officials as "Exhibitory in Nature"
Responding to designations by the U.S. Treasury Department and financial sanctions imposed on its officials, the Afghan Taliban condemned them as "ineffective" and "exhibitory in nature".
- HTS Shows Graduates from Training Camp in Northern idlib
Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS), a Syria-based jihadi group, released photos of a “new batch of graduates,” showing their training and graduation from a northern Idlib training camp.
- Leader of Syria-Based Jihadi Training Group Glorifies Life as Fighter On Social Media
A Syria-based jihadist training group’s leader posted photos and videos of his life as a fighter in the country on social media platforms.
- TTP Issues "Operational Manual" for its Fighters
Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) issued an "operational manual" for its fighters, wherein it delineates the code of conduct by they must avoid, legitimate targets for conventional and suicide attacks, and seizing of war spoils.
- IS Video Shows Operation Against "PKK" Near Hajin, Fighters Celebrating Victory in City Streets
The Islamic State (IS) released a video showing its operations against "PKK" forces in Syria's Deir al-Zour governorate, including an raid on their positions in the perimeter of Hajin, and then fighters celebrating their victory in city streets to the cheers of onlookers.
- Pro-IS Group Gives Biography of Alleged American Cameraman from Michigan
A foreign fighter-centric pro-Islamic State (IS) group published a biography of an alleged American from Michigan who served as an IS cameraman in its battles in Syria.
- IS Supporters Distribute Incitement for "Martyrdom" through Lone-Wolf Attacks in West, Give Ideas
Islamic State (IS) supporters distributed a message inciting for "martyrdom" through lone-wolf attacks in the West and giving ideas.
- Filipino IS Operative Declares Battle Continues, Threatens U.S., Australia, China, and India
A message attributed to a Filipino Islamic State (IS) operative who reported on events in Marawi in the past, declared that fighting in the Philippines is not over, and threatened revenge against America, Australia, Israel, and China.
- Depicting Pope Francis and an Armed Fighter, IS-linked Group Warns "Slaves of the Cross"
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group depicted Pope Francis and an armed fighter to warn the "slaves of the Cross".
- Shabaab Claims Bombings and Shootings on AMISOM, Kenyan, and Somali Forces in Central and Southern Somalia
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, claimed bombings and shootings on AMISOM, Kenyan, and Somali forces in the center and south of the country.
- JNIM Deputy Leader Warns MOC Members to Repent or Be Killed
Yahya Abu al-Hammam, the deputy leader of al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Mali, Jama'at Nusrat al-Islam wal Muslimeen (JNIM), warned members of the Mécanisme Opérationnel de Coordination (MOC) to repent and leave their service or be pursued by fighters and killed.
- TIP Launches News Report Video Series Covering Events Relevant to Muslims and Jihad
The Turkistan Islamic Party (TIP) launched a new report video series concerning events relevant to Muslims and jihad in a number of countries including Afghanistan, China, Somalia, and Syria.
- Regarding Assassination Attempt on Top U.S. Commander, Afghan Taliban Remarks on Countrymen Giving Their Lives for Him
The Afghan Taliban remarked that Afghan generals and "loyalists" are responsible for saving the top U.S. commander in Afghanistan, General Scott Miller, from the recent assassination attempt in Kandahar.
- IS-linked Group Incites to "Terrorize" Western States in Blood-Spattered Poster
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group incited supporters to "terrorize" Western states in a blood-spattered poster.
- Jihadi Coalition Involving Pro-AQ Hussas al-Deen Photographs Artillery Attack on Enemy Villages in Hama
A jihadi coalition in Syria called "'And Incite the Believers' Operations Room, which involves the pro- al-Qaeda (AQ) Hurras al-Deen, photographed an artillery attack on villages adjacent to Jurin in Syria's Hama governorate.
- IS Video Shows Operations in Northern Iraq, Attack on Tribal Militiamen at Soccer Game
The Dijlah division of the Islamic State's (IS) Iraq Province released a video of its operations against tribal militiamen in northern Iraq, including one attack during a soccer game.
- IS Supporters in Kashmir (ISJK) Launches Newsletter Featuring Articles by Alleged Fighters
Jihadists professing membership in what they call Islamic State Jammu and Kashmir (ISJK), or Jundul Khilafah Kashmir, launched a newsletter featuring articles by alleged fighters.
- IS' Khorasan Province Issues Formal Communique for Election Day Attacks in Kabul and Nangarhar
The Islamic State's Khorasan Province (ISKP) issued a formal communique for its election day attacks in the Kabul and Nangarhar areas in Afghanistan.
- Pro-IS Khattab Media Threatens U.S. Law Enforcement Official Over Arrest of Group Member
The pro-Islamic State (IS) Khattab Media Foundation threatened an American law enforcement official over the arrest of a group member.
- 'Amaq Reports 32 IED Attacks and Suicide Bombing Inflicting 370 Casualties on Election Day in Afghanistan
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported that on October 21, 2018, the day of parliamentary elections in Afghanistan, group fighters disrupted the electoral process in Kabul and Nangarhar with 32 bomb blasts and a suicide bombing.
- Balochistan Jihadist Group Captures Iranian Special Forces and Revolutionary Guards
A Balochistan-based Sunni jihadist group claimed the “arrests” of twelve Iranians from Badr Air Base.
- Pro-IS Group Portrays Hurricane Michael as "Torment" from God, Answer to IS' Supplications
The pro-Islamic State (IS) Ashhad Media Foundation released a video in which it portrayed Hurricane Michael and its devastation to the Florida Panhandle as "torment" from God in response to the IS' supplications.
- HTS Releases Video of Captive IRGC Officer Appealing for Release
The Syria-based Hay'at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS)) released a video of a captive Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) officer appealing for his release.
- 'Amaq Reports IS Attack on Nigerian Soldiers Near Arege
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported that IS fighters attacked Nigerian soldiers near Arege, near Lake Chad, in Borno State.
- Afghan Taliban Claims Downing U.S. Military Helicopter in Logar
The Afghan Taliban claimed downing a U.S. military helicopter in Logar, a province in eastern Afghanistan, killing and wounding "dozens" of Afghan and foreign forces.
- IS Claims Attack on 2 AQAP Positions in al-Bayda'
The Islamic State's Yemen Province (ISYP) claimed attacking two positions held by al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) in the Qifa area in al-Bayda'.
- Afghan Taliban Claims 407 Attacks on Election day, Detaining Civilian Voters
The Afghan Taliban claimed a total of 407 attacks throughout the country on the day of parliamentary elections, and that among its activities, fighters detained 30 civilians seeking to cast ballots.
- 'Amaq Video Shows Dead Children Pulled from Rubble Following Airstrike in Nangarhar
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency released a video showing dead children being pulled from the rubble following what it described as "coalition aircraft bombardment" in Nangarhar, Afghanistan.
- IS-linked Group Reminds of Orlando Nightclub Shooting in Poster Warning of Attacks
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group reminded of the 2016 shooting at the Pulse nightclub in Orlando, Florida, in a poster warning of attacks.
- IS' al-Hayat Identifies 404 Casualties in 118 Attacks in Statistical Breakdown of Ops (October 11-17)
The Islamic State (IS) released the 12th episode in a video series providing statistical breakdowns of IS operations, covering in this installment the week of October 11 - October 17, 2018.
- Following Up on Election Day Threat, Afghan Taliban Claims 166 Attacks and Boasts of Rendering Process in "Shambles"
After warning various strata of Afghan society from participating in the parliamentary elections, and threatening attacks on polling sites and cutting off the routes to them, the Afghan Taliban claimed 166 attacks and boasted of rendering the electoral process in "shambles".
- Pro-IS Group Gives Biography of Alleged Teenage Belgian Sniper
A foreign fighter-centric pro-Islamic State (IS) group gave a biography for an alleged teenage Belgian sniper who was killed in a coalition airstrike in Deir al-Zour.
- HTS Official Spins Khashoggi's Murder and Lack of Saudi Accountability as Call to Arms
An official in the Syria-based Hay'at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS) spun the murder of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi and the seeming refusal of the international community to punish Saudi Arabia as a call to Sunnis to take up arms to defend themselves and their land.
- Afghan Taliban Warns Various Strata of Afghan Society from Participating in Elections
In three statements from different bodies within its organization, the Afghan Taliban warned various strata of Afghan society from participating in the upcoming parliamentary elections, urging they stay home and boycott and not allow their spaces be used for the process.
- Pro-IS Group Gives Biography of Slain American Surgeon from New York
A foreign fighter-centric pro-Islamic State (IS) group gave a biography for an alleged American IS member it identified as a surgeon from New York who treated fighters on the frontlines.
- IS' al-Hayat Identifies 406 Casualties in 103 Attacks in Statistical Breakdown of Ops (October 4-10)
The Islamic State (IS) released the 11th episode in a video series providing statistical breakdowns of IS operations, covering in this installment the week of October 4 - October 10, 2018.
- Video of Former Teacher Turned HTS Suicide Bomber
Abu Salman al-Shami, a former Arabic teacher, narrated a film about why he chose to become a suicide bomber and leave behind his wife and young child.
- Shabaab Claims Bombing 2 Kenyan Military Vehicles in Mandera, Attacks on AMISOM, PSF, and SNA Forces in Somalia
The Somalia-based Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement claimed three attacks on AMISOM, PSF, and SNA forces in the south, middle, and north of the country, and bombing two Kenyan military vehicles in Mandera County in neighboring Kenya.
- Afghan Taliban Claims Assassination Attempt on Top U.S. Commander in Afghanistan, Killing Senior Afghan Officials
The Afghan Taliban claimed killing senior Afghan officials in an assassination attempt on the top U.S. commander in Afghanistan, General Scott Miller, in Kandahar province.
- Afghan Taliban Claims Killing 6 U.S. Soldiers, Wounding 4 Others in Parwan Suicide Bombing
The Afghan Taliban claimed killing six American soldiers and wounding four others in a suicide bombing on their convoy in Bagram district in Parwan province.
- IS’ West Africa Province Identifies Gambian Fighter as “Martyr”
The Islamic State’s West Africa Province (ISWAP) identified a Gambian fighter as a “martyr”.
- Uzbek Group Linked to HTS Builds New PKM & RPG Training Camp
Malhama Tactical, a Syria-based militant training group with close ties to Hay'at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS), announced the completion of a new training camp and that the group will begin training there within the next few days.
- IS Supporter Mourns Slain Senegalese Fighter, Finds "Major Islamic Awakening" in West Africa
An Islamic State (IS) supporter mourned a slain Senegalese fighter and his brothers, and remarked that West Africa is witnessing a "major Islamic awakening".