- Dead Body of Austrian Jihadist Mohamed Mahmoud Revealed in Photo
Two days after his reported death in a coalition airstrike on an Islamic State (IS) prison in which he was held, a photo was revealed showing the dead body of Austrian jihadist Mohamed Mahmoud (AKA Abu Usama al-Ghareeb).
- 'Amaq Reports IS Attack on Tunisian Policemen in Kasserine
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported that group fighters attacked a Tunisian police patrol in Kasserine. Citing a "security source," 'Amaq stated in a message published on November 30, 2018, that the prior day, fighters fired upon the police patrol in the city's al-Manar neighborhood.
- Shabaab Claims Seizing Control Over Town in Bay, Attacks on AMISOM, PSF, and SNA Forces
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement claimed seizing control over the town of Gufgudud in Somalia's Bay region following an offensive, and also took responsibility for six other attacks in three days. Shahada News Agency, an Arabic media unit for the al-Qaeda (AQ) branch, published seven messages on November 28-30, 2018, reporting Shabaab operations in Mogadishu (Banaadir), Bari, Bay, Lower Juba, and Lower Shabelle regions.
- Afghan Taliban Gives Detailed Report on 5-Man Suicide Raid at G4S Compound in Kabul
The Afghan Taliban gave a detailed report on the five-man suicide raid at the compound of the UK security contractor G4S in the capital, Kabul, and threatened that similar large-scale operations are currently being planned.
- Boko Haram Releases Video of Nighttime Attack in Borno Killing 5 Nigerian Soldiers
Two days after issuing a communique claiming credit for an attack in Nigeria's Borno State killing five soldiers, Jama’at Ahl al-Sunnah Lil Dawa Wal Jihad, or "Boko Haram," released a video of the operation.
- IS' al-Hayat Identifies 548 Casualties in 61 Attacks in Statistical Breakdown of Ops (November 22-28)
The Islamic State (IS) released the 18th episode in a video series providing statistical breakdowns of IS operations, covering in this installment the week of November 22-28, 2018.
- Kashmiri Fighter Explains Methodology of IS, Calls Past Kashmir Jihad a "Myth" in Risalah 5
An article attributed to a member of Islamic State Jammu and Kashmir (ISJK) and featured in the fifth issue of "Risalah" newsletter explains the IS' methodology and calls the Kashmir Jihad of the past a "myth and an industry" created by "tyrants".
- AQ-aligned Coalition in Syria Releases Video on Raid in Jabal al-Akrad Killing 24 Syrian Soldiers
The al-Qaeda (AQ)-aligned jihadi coalition the 'Incite the Believers' Operations Room released a video on the November 17, 2018, raid on a Syrian military position in Jabal al-Akra in which approximately 24 soldiers were killed.
- IS-linked Group Suggests Lone Wolves in West Africa Attack Areas of Natural Resource Extraction
Remarking on media reports of unclaimed attacks by the Islamic State (IS) on oil wells and gold mines and their guards in West Africa, an IS-linked group suggested to lone wolves there to attack sites of natural resource extraction.
- Afghan Taliban Claims Credit for Suicide Raid on UK Security Contractor G4S's Compound in Kabul
The Afghan Taliban claimed credit for the suicide raid at the compound of UK security contractor G4S in the capital, Kabul. As the attack was underway on November 28, 2018, group spokesman Zabihullah published a Pashto communique declaring its responsibility for and motivation behind the operation, and tweeted points from it in English.
- Austrian IS Fighter-turned Prisoner Mohamed Mahmoud Reportedly Killed in Coalition Airstrike while in IS Detention
Mohamed Mahmoud (AKA Abu Usama al-Ghareeb), an Islamic State (IS) fighter imprisoned by the group for allegedly breaking ranks and sowing sedition, was reportedly killed in a coalition airstrike while in IS detention.
- IS Video Incites Lone Wolves in Israel and Elsewhere to Kill Jews
With Islamic State (IS) provincial divisions promoting attacks by Palestinians on Israelis, the group's Khayr Province in Syria's Deir al-Zour governorate incited lone wolves in Israel and elsewhere to kill Jews.
- Boko Haram Claims Killing 5 Nigerian Soldier in Base Attack in Borno, Photographs War Spoils and Burning Vehices
Jama’at Ahl al-Sunnah Lil Dawa Wal Jihad, or "Boko Haram," claimed killing five Nigerian soldiers in an attack on their base in Borno State and provided photos of war spoils and burning vehicles.
- Shabaab Gives Detailed Report on Suicide Raid Killing Sufi Scholar and Motivation for Attack
After an initial report in which it claimed credit for the suicide raid killing Sufi scholar Sheikh Abdiweli Ali Elmi, who it called a "blasphemer against the Messenger of Allah," the Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement provided details on the attack and its motivations for waging it.
- Afghan Taliban Claims Killing 3 U.S. Soldiers with IED in Ghazni, Repelling Joint U.S.-Afghan Raid on Positions Against IS in Nangarhar
The Afghan Taliban claimed killing three U.S. soldiers in a bombing in Ghazni and repelling a joint offensive by American and Afghan forces on their positions against the Islamic State's Khorasan Province (ISKP) in Nangarhar.
- IS-Linked Group Depicts Saudi Crown Prince Executing Khashoggi to Demonstrate “Hypocrisy”
A poster from an Islamic State (IS)-linked group accuses the international community of hypocrisy over the death of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi.
- JNIM Reportedly Denies Killing of Official for Mali's Macina Region
Jama'at Nusrat al-Islam wal Muslimeen (JNIM) reportedly denied that its official for Mali's Macina region, Muhammad Kufa, was killed in a raid by French forces.
- 'Incite the Believers' Operations Room Claims Success in Suicide Operation Behind Enemy Lines in Hama
The 'Incite the Believers' Operations Room, a Syria-based jihadi coalition including the al-Qaeda (AQ)-aligned Hurras al-Deen, claimed success in a suicide operation behind enemy lines in Hama.
- AQAP Claims Credit for Killing Deputy SBF Commander in Aden
Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) claimed credit for the killing of the deputy commander of UAE-backed Security Belt Forces (SBF) in Yemen's Aden governorate.
- Two IS-aligned Groups Call Lone-Wolf Jihadists to Capitalize on Protests in Paris and Attack
Two Islamic State (IS)-aligned groups separately issued posters inciting lone-wolf jihadists to strike France, coming after violent protests in the capital, Paris.
- Afghan Taliban Releases Video on Oct. 2017 Suicide Raid in Paktia Allegedly Inflicting 439 Total Casualties
The Afghan Taliban's Manba al-Jihad Studio released a video on the October 17, 2017, 8-man suicide raid at police and military facilities in Paktia allegedly inflicting 439 casualties total.
- Shabaab Claims Suicide Raid Killing Sufi Scholar in Mudug, Inflicting at Least 26 Casualties Among Somali Soldiers in 4 Other Attacks
The Somalia-based al-Qaeda (AQ) branch, the Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, claimed credit for the suicide raid in Mudug killing Sufi scholar Sheikh Abdiweli Ali Elmi, calling him a "blasphemer against the Messenger of Allah".
- IS Claims Wounding Nigerian Forces Near Lake Chad
The Islamic State's (IS) West Africa Province claimed wounding an unspecified number of Nigerian soldiers near Lake Chad.
- ‘Amaq Reports Control of Kangarwa Town in Nigeria
The Islamic State’s (IS) ‘Amaq News Agency reported the capture of Kangarwa town in Nigeria's Borno State.
- IS Claims Killing and Arresting Dozens of SDF Soldiers in Deir al-Zour
The Barakah division of the Islamic State’s (IS) Sham Province claimed killing, wounding, and arresting dozens of Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) soldiers as the result of a series of large-scale raids in Syria’s restive Deir al-Zour governorate.
- IS Releases Disturbing Execution Video with Message to Families of SDF POWs
As the Islamic State (IS) persists in its offensive in Deir al-Zour, Syria, the group's Barakah division in Sham (Syria) Province released a disturbing execution video containing a message to families of Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) it captured as prisoners of war.
- IS Claims Raid on Tazirbu Police Station and Houses of "Apostates" in Southeast Libya
The Barqah division of the Islamic State's Libya Provision (ISLP) claimed credit for the raid on the Tazirbu police station and locations in the vicinity, alleging to have killed and wounded 29 "apostates" and taken others prisoner.
- IS' Khorasan Province Issues Formal Communique for Orakzai Market Bombing (Pakistan)
Using similar wording to its claim of credit for the Khost bombing in Afghanistan, the Islamic State's Khorasan Province (ISKP) issued a formal communique for the Orakzai market bombing on Shi'ites in Pakistan.
- 'Amaq Reports Total of 132 Casualties in Orakzai Market Bombing (Pakistan)
Adding to the dozens of casualties inflicted by Islamic State Khorasan Province (ISKP) fighters in Khost, Afghanistan, 'Amaq reported that a group fighter is responsible for causing a total of 132 casualties among Shi'ites in a suicide bombing in Orakzai in neighboring Pakistan.
- IS' Khorasan Province Issues Formal Communique for Khost Suicide Bombing
Shortly after 'Amaq News Agency reported a total of 160 casualties in an Islamic State's (IS) suicide bombing in Khost, Afghanistan, Khorasan Province (ISKP) issued a formal communique for the attack.
- 'Amaq Reports 160 Casualties in IS Suicide Bombing in Khost
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported a total of 160 casualties in a suicide bombing perpetrated by an IS fighter in Khost, Afghanistan.
- Shabaab Claims Assassination Attempt on Puntland Judicial Official, Two More Attacks on Electoral Committee Members
After claiming credit for murdering an electoral committee member on November 10, 2018, the Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement killed two more, in addition to making an assassination attempt on the deputy chairman of Puntland's Supreme Court.
- HTS Video Shows Extended Footage of Battle in Hama
Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS) releases a video featuring a 2017 battle in Hama and an interview with its leader Abu Muhammad al-Julani.
- Spokesman for AQ-aligned Coalition in Syria Discusses Goals, Calls for Financial and Physical Support in Video Interview
The spokesman for the "'Incite the Believers' Operations Room," a Syria-based al-Qaeda (AQ)-aligned coalition of three jihadi factions, discussed in a video interview its goals and called on fellow rebel groups and the Syrian public to provide financial and physical support.
- IS' al-Hayat Identifies 251 Casualties in 62 Attacks in Statistical Breakdown of Ops (November 15-21)
The Islamic State (IS) released the 17th episode in a video series providing statistical breakdowns of IS operations, covering in this installment the week of November 15-21, 2018.
- In Video Documenting Attacks in Suwayda, IS Calls for Participation in Jihad and Rebukes Opposition Factions
The Damascus division of the Islamic State’s Sham (Syria) Province released a video documenting its attacks in Suwayda and calling on Muslims to participate in jihad while rebuking opposition factions for aligning with the Syrian regime against its fighters.
- IS-linked Group Accuses Media of Obfuscating Cause of California Wildfires, Motives Behind Attacks in Europe
The Islamic State (IS)-linked al-Battar Media Foundation accused press agencies of obfuscating the cause of the California wildfires and the motives behind recent attacks in European cities, suggesting that the IS is involved.
- IS' West Africa Province Claims Killing 2 Chadian Soldiers in Mortar Strike Near Lake Chad
The Islamic State's West Africa Province (ISWAP) claimed killing two Chadian soldiers in a mortar strike near Lake Chad.
- Afghan Taliban Condemns Uranus Wedding Hall Attack in Kabul
The Afghan Taliban condemned the attack at the Uranus Wedding Hall in the capital and accused "Kabul administration intelligence circles" of fabricating a claim of credit.
- Shabaab Claims Assassination Attempt on Somali MP in Capital Among 6 Attacks in Somalia
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, claimed an assassination attempt on a parliamentarian among six attacks throughout the country on the same day.
On November 20, 2018, the group's Shahada News Agency published six reports, among which is a claim for bombing a vehicle belonging to Somali MP Dahir Amin Jesow in downtown Mogadishu.
- IS' West Africa Province Publishes Photos of Storming Nigerian Army Base in Kareto
The Nigeria-based West Africa Province of the Islamic State (ISWAP) published a photo report on the November 15, 2018, raid on a Nigerian army base in Kareto, in Borno State.
- IS-aligned Group Claims Hacking Surveillance Cameras, Threatens Paris
An Islamic State (IS)-aligned group claimed hacking seven surveillance cameras, four of them in Israel, and separately threatened Paris, France.
The "Ansar Cyber Army" (Jaysh al-Ansar al-Elektroni) published a poster of its own design and that of a subsidiary, al-Irhab (Terror) Media Foundation, on Telegram on November 20, 2018.
In the poster regarding CCTV cameras, the group warned "we are watching you in your homes" and identified the locations and numbers of cameras:
4 inside the Jewish statelet 1 inside the home of the Crusaders 1 American forest 1 Greek cafe
The second poster shows an individual looking over Paris, with most of the cityscape covered by an obtrusive warning in Arabic and French stating: "Soon in Paris".
- AQ-aligned Coalition in Syria Claims Raid, Rocket and Weaponized UAV Strikes in Aleppo, Hama, and Latakia
The "'Incite the Believers' Operations Room," a Syria-based al-Qaeda (AQ)-aligned coalition of jihadi factions including Hurras al-Deen, claimed a raid, a weaponized UAV strike, and multiple rocket attacks on Syrian regime forces in Aleppo, Hama, and Latakia governorates.
- IS-aligned Group Gives Biography of Alleged French Fighter who Voiced IS Chant
A foreign-fighter centric Islamic State (IS)-aligned group published a biography of an alleged French fighter who it claimed voiced chants produced by the IS.
- Al-Qaeda Supporters Distribute Posters Portraying California Wildfires as Divine Punishment
Similar to pro-Islamic State (IS) jihadists earlier, supporters of al-Qaeda (AQ) designed and distributed posters portraying the California wildfires as divine punishment.
- Shabaab Claims Defensive and Offensive Operations on Galmudug Forces in Galguduud, 17 Attacks in 9 Days
The Somalia-based Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement claimed 17 attacks in a period of nine days, among which were defensive and offensive operations involving the Galmudug Security Force (GSF) in Galduduud, a region of little to no Shabaab military activity in the past year.
- Kashmiri Fighters Discuss Faith and Jihad, Question Actions by Hizb-ul-Mujahideen in 3rd and 4th Issues of Risalah
Al-Burhan Media Center, representing Islamic State Jammu and Kashmir (ISJK), released the third and fourth issues of the "Risalah" newsletter, featuring fighters discussing faith and jihad and questioning Hizb-ul-Mujahideen for executing spies.
- Afghan Taliban Acknowledges 3-Day "Preliminary Talks" with U.S. Delegation in Qatar
The Afghan Taliban acknowledged a three-day meeting with a "high-ranking" American delegation in Qatar, calling them "preliminary talks" aimed at reaching a "true solution" to ongoing war in Afghanistan.
- IS' West Africa Province Claims Killing 42 Nigerian Soldiers in Two Attacks in Borno
The Nigeria-based West Africa Province of the Islamic State (ISWAP) claimed killing a total of 42 Nigerian soldiers in two days in Borno State in the northeast of the country.
- IS-aligned Group Reminds of 2016 Berlin Christmas Market Attack in Poster Warning of "Retribution"
An Islamic State (IS)-aligned group reminded of the 2016 vehicular attack at a Christmas market in Berlin, Germany, in a posting warning of "retribution" to come.
- 'Amaq Video Shows IS Attack on Filipino Soldiers in Jolo
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency released a video of IS fighters on Jolo island in the Philippines engaged in a clash with Filipino soldiers and beheading a corpse.
- IS Fighters Identifying as Former Egyptian Army Officers Call Soldiers to Leave Military, Threaten Israel in Video
The Islamic State's Sinai Province released a video of fighters identifying as former Egyptian army officers calling on soldiers to leave the military and threatening Israel.
- Alleged IS Fighters Continue to Testify about Experiences in IS Prisons in AQAP Video
Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) released the second and final episode in a two-part series on alleged Islamic State Yemen Province (ISYP) fighters testifying to what they experienced while imprisoned by their own group.
- IS Supporter Advises on Lone-Wolf Tactics in Infographic Depicting Palais de Chaillot and Eiffel Tower
An Islamic State (IS) supporter advised on lone-wolf tactics in an infographic depicting the Palais de Chaillot and Eiffel Tower in Paris.
- Graphics Inciting Suicide Bombings Among Crowds, Threatening Russia Published by IS-Linked Group
Depicting an individual with an explosive vest in one graphic and Russian President Vladimir Putin beheaded in another, an Islamic State (IS)-linked media group respectively incited for suicide bombings among groups and attacks in Russia.
- Afghan Taliban Claims Killing 2 American Soldiers in Helmand and Uruzgan
The Afghan Taliban claimed killing two American soldiers and wounding a third in attack in neighboring Helmand and Uruzgan provinces.
- IS' West Africa Province Claims Storming Nigerian Army Base in Kareto
The Islamic State's West Africa Province (ISWAP) claimed killing three Nigerian soldiers in a raid on their base in Kareto, a town in Nigeria's Borno State.
- IS' al-Hayat Identifies 205 Casualties in 67 Attacks in Statistical Breakdown of Ops (November 8-14)
The Islamic State (IS) released the 16th episode in a video series providing statistical breakdowns of IS operations, covering in this installment the week of November 8-14, 2018.
- London, Paris, Rome, Sydney, and Washington Threatened in Poster Collection by IS-aligned Group
An Islamic State (IS)-aligned group published a collection of posters threatening and inciting for attacks in London, Paris, Rome, Sydney, and Washington D.C..
- JNIM Reportedly Claims Armed Ambush on Malian Soldiers, Killing 3
The Mali-based al-Qaeda (AQ) branch, Jama'at Nusrat al-Islam wal Muslimeen (JNIM), reportedly claimed credit for an ambush on Malian soldiers, killing three.
- In Face of Hazara Militias, Afghan Taliban Assures its Fighters Do Not Target Based on Sect
Responding to the growth in Hazara militias, and the Afghan government authorizing such a group in Bamiyan province, the Afghan Taliban assured that its fighters do not target individuals based on their sect or ethnicity.
- 'Amaq Video Shows IS Attack on AQAP Position in al-Bayda'
'Amaq News Agency of the Islamic State released a video of the group's Yemen division (ISYP) attacking a position held by al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) in al-Bayda'.
- Australia Warning Posters Continue from IS-aligned Groups
Five days after the vehicular and knife attack by an Islamic State (IS)-inspired individual in Melbourne, aligned groups continue to publish posters warning Australia and the West in general of more operations to come.
- HTS Documents Fighters Training with Machine Guns
Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS) published a photo report documenting a group of fighters “graduating” from their training on the PK machine gun.
- Alleged IS Fighters Testify to Imprisonment by Their Own Group in AQAP Video
Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) released the first episode in two-part series on alleged Islamic State Yemen Province (ISYP) fighters testifying to what they experienced while imprisoned by their own group.
- HTS Recruits Fighters for “Elite Forces” Unit in Idlib
Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS) published posters recruiting fighters for an “elite forces” company in Idlib.
- IS Claims Killing Filipino "Militiaman" in House Raid in Sulu
In its first recorded attack in nearly two months, the Islamic State's East Asia Province claimed killing a Filipino "militiaman" in a raid on his house in the Sulu Archipelago in southwest Philippines.
- IS Supporter Incites for Lone-Wolf Attacks on Churches in Egypt and Western Countries
An Islamic State (IS) supporter incited lone wolves in Egypt and Western countries including the United States to attack churches and "worshipers of the Cross," and separately, depicting a fighter looking at Columbus Circle in New York City, warned of "slaughter" to come.
- JNIM Releases Audio-Visual Statement on Suicide Bombing at UNMAS Compound in Gao
Jama'at Nusrat al-Islam wal Muslimeen (JNIM), the Mali-based branch of al-Qaeda (AQ), released an audio-visual statement on the suicide bombing at the United Nations Mine Action Service (UNMAS) compound in Gao.
- IS-aligned Group calls California Wildfires a Divine "Punishment" for Syria Bombings
An Islamic State (IS)-aligned group called the wildfires ravaging California a "punishment" from God for U.S. bombing of Muslims in Syria.
- Graphic from IS-Linked Group Threatening Vehicle Attacks “Soon”
A graphic from an Islamic State (IS)-linked group threatened future attacks “witnessed on your streets.
- AQAP Reports 1st Attack in Nearly 2 Months, Bombing Houthis in al-Bayda'
Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) reported its first attack in nearly two months, bombing Houthis in Yemen's al-Bayda' governorate.
- Afghan Taliban Comments Positively on Moscow Conference, Calls it "Positive Step Towards Resolution"
Commenting positively on the Moscow conference in which a delegation from its Political Office participated, the Afghan Taliban called it a "positive step towards resolution".
- Photo Report from HTS Documents Machine Gun Training
Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham published photos documenting the training of its fighters in Idlib on the handling and use of machine guns.
- “The Caravan of Martyrs”, Part Two, Video Compilation of Martyr Biographies from al-Furqan Foundation of the Islamic State of Iraq
The second part in the “Caravan of Martyrs” video series, began by the Mujahideen Shura Council one-year ago, was recently issued to jihadist forums by al-Furqan Foundation for Media Production, the official producer and distributor of multimedia for the Islamic State of Iraq.
- Boko Haram Video Attacks Democracy, Warns Muslims from Participating in Elections
The Nigeria-based Jama’at Ahl al-Sunnah Lil Dawa Wal Jihad, or "Boko Haram," released a video attacking democracy and warning Muslims from participating in elections.
- IS Supporter Suggests Lone Wolves Utilize Snapchat Feature to Plan Attacks
An Islamic State (IS) supporter suggested lone wolves utilize a Snapchat feature to plan attacks.
- Kashmiri Fighter Recalls Experience with ISKP Member in 2nd Issue of Risalah
A media unit representing "Islamic State Jammu and Kashmir" (ISJK) released the second issue of the "Risalah" newsletter, consisting of a message attributed to a Kashmiri fighter recalling an experience with a slain Islamic State Khorasan Province (ISKP) member.
- Highlighting Melbourne Attack, IS-aligned Group Incites Inspired Fighters in West to Strike
Using a scene from the November 9, 2018, attack in Melbourne, Australia, an Islamic State (IS)-aligned group incited IS inspired fighters in the West to strike.
- JNIM Claims Suicide Bombing on HQ of Foreign Forces in Gao
Jama'at Nusrat al-Islam wal Muslimeen (JNIM), the Mali-based branch of al-Qaeda (AQ), claimed a suicide bombing on a headquarters of foreign forces, including Britons, Canadians, and Germans, in Gao.
- IS-linked Group Suggests Attacks on Police in Australia in Threatening Poster
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group suggested attacks on police in Australia in a poster threatening strikes to follow that in Melbourne.
- HTS Documents Nighttime Incursion Exercise of its “Elite Forces” in Aleppo
A video was released documenting training exercises, including a nighttime incursion, performed by “graduates” of Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham’s (HTS) “elite forces.”
- IS Division in Yemen Claims Killing 10 AQAP Fighters in Near-10 Hour Clash
The Islamic State's Yemen Province (ISYP) claimed killing 10 al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) fighters in a near-10 hour clash in the country's al-Bayda' governorate.
- Posters Threaten White House and U.S. Capitol, Additional Attacks in Melbourne as "Just Terror"
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group published posters threatening the White House and U.S. Capitol building and additional attacks in Melbourne, Australia, both using the "Just Terror" phrase.
- Audio Attributed to Kashmiri Student-Turned IS Fighter Ehtisham Bilal Discusses Motivation for Joining Group
Islamic State (IS)-aligned Kashmiri groups distributed an audio attributed to Ehtisham Bilal (AKA Abu Muhammad al-Inghamasi), a student-turned fighter, discussing his motivation for joining what is known as "Islamic State Jammu and Kashmir" (ISJK).
- IS' Khorasan Province Claims Inflicting 55 Casualties Among Shi'ites and Afghan Security Forces in Kabul Suicide Bombing
The Islamic State's Khorasan Province (ISKP) claimed inflicting 55 casualties among Shi'ites and Afghan security forces in a suicide bombing in the capital of Afghanistan, Kabul.
- JNIM Announces Deteriorating Health of French Hostage, Charges France with Obstructing Case Resolution
Jama'at Nusrat al-Islam wal Muslimeen (JNIM), the Mali-based branch of al-Qaeda (AQ), announced that the health of French hostage Sophie Petronin is "rapidly deteriorating" and charged France with obstructing the resolution of her case.
- Shabaab Media Unit Gives Details of Sahafi Hotel Attack in Mogadishu
A media unit for the Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement gave details of the attack at the Sahafi Hotel in the Somalia capital, Mogadishu, and claimed casualty figures of 30 killed and 120 wounded.
- Jihadi Training Group Executes Operation in Hama
Syria-based Malhama Tactical releases a video of its “strike team” during an operation in Hama.
- Boko Haram Photographs its Implementation of Shariah Law in Sambisa
The Nigeria-based Jama’at Ahl al-Sunnah Lil Dawa Wal Jihad, or "Boko Haram," published photos of its members implementing Shariah law in Sambisa, in Borno State.
- Promoting IS Claim for Melbourne, Linked Group Asks: "What Will Be Next"
Highlighting the claim from the Islamic State (IS) for the vehicular and knife attack in Melbourne, Australia, and seeking to cast fear, an IS-linked group questioned: "What Will Be Next".
- Shabaab Claims Two Suicide Bombings and Raid at Sahafi Hotel in Somali Capital
The Somalia-based branch of al-Qaeda (AQ), the Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, claimed two suicide bombings and a raid at the Sahafi Hotel in the capital, Mogadishu.
- Boko Haram Releases Video on Recently-Claimed Attacks on Military Positions in Borno
The Nigeria-based Jama’at Ahl al-Sunnah Lil Dawa Wal Jihad, or "Boko Haram," released a video on its recently-claimed attacks on Nigerian and African coalition military positions in Borno State.
- IS-linked Group Features Collection of Incitement Posters from Various Media Units in 2nd Issue of Magazine
The Islamic State (IS)-linked al-Abd al-Faqir Media Foundation published the second issue of its Shabaab al-Khilafah (Youth of the Caliphate) magazine, featuring in it a collection of incitement posters designed by it and various media units.
- Syria-Based Jihadi Group Trains Fighters from Maldives
Malhama Tactical posted a video of one of its instructors training a Maldivian fighter at its training camp.
- Jihadists Quick to Seize Upon IS Claim for Melbourne, Promote Threatening Propaganda
Jihadists were quick to seize upon the claim from the Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency for the attack in Melbourne, Australia, promoting threatening propaganda.
- 'Amaq Reports Melbourne Attacker an IS Fighter
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported that the individual behind a vehicle and stabbing attack in Melburne, Australia, is an IS fighter.
- IS' al-Hayat Identifies 369 Casualties in 100 Attacks in Statistical Breakdown of Ops (November 1-7)
The Islamic State (IS) released the 15th episode in a video series providing statistical breakdowns of IS operations, covering in this installment the week of November 1 - 7, 2018.
- HTS Documents Training Fighters in Using Mortars
Fighters from Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS) in Syria’s Idlib governorate were shown in a photo report learning how to use mortars.
- 'Amaq Reports IS Fighter Behind Attack that Sparked Prison Riot in Tajikistan
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported that one of its fighters is responsible for the attack in Tajikistan that sparked a prison riot.