- IS Releases New Footage of AQAP Captives in al-Bayda', Identifies 13 Fighters Killed by AQ Branch
The Islamic State's (IS) al-Bayda' Province in Yemen released a video of fighters from al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) it is holding captive and accusing the AQ branch of initiating the conflict, and also identified 13 IS fighters killed by the AQ branch.
- IS Claims Killing 45 Syrian Soldiers in Attack at Khalkhalah Military Airbase in Suwayda, Destroying Two Warplanes
The Islamic State (IS) claimed killing at least 45 Syrian soldiers in an attack at Khalkhalah Military Airbase in Syria's Suwayda governorate, and also destroyed two warplanes at the location.
- Shabaab Video Documents 16 Attacks on SNA and Somali Special Forces (Danab) Throughout Somalia
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, released a video documenting 16 attacks against the Somali National Army (SNA) and the Somali Special Forces unit Danab throughout the country.
- Shabaab Claims Killing Djiboutian Forces in Explosion at Bulo Burde Airport
The Somalia-based al-Qaeda (AQ) branch, the Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, claimed killing Djiboutian forces within the AMISOM mission in a bombing in Bulo Burde airport, as well as a clash and assassination targeted Somali soldiers and police in Mogadishu.
- Afghan Taliban Claims "Purging" Northern Afghanistan of IS Fighters
The Afghan Taliban issued a statement boasting of defeating the Islamic State's (IS) Khorasan Province in Jowzjan and "purging" its fighters from the whole of northern Afghanistan.
- Foreign Employees of Engineering Company in Libya Appear as Hostages in Video
Four foreign employees of an engineering company in Tripoli, Libya, appear as hostages in a video, each appealing to their president to help them and noting that they are suffering.
- IS' Khorasan Province Claims 2-Man Suicide Raid on Department of Refugees and Returnees in Jalalabad
The Islamic State's (IS) Khorasan Province claimed credit for a two-man suicide raid on the Department of Refugees and Returnees in Jalalabad, the capital of Nangarhar in eastern Afghanistan.
- Videos Released of Italian and Japanese Captives in Syria
Videos of an Italian man, Alessandro Sandrini, and a Japanese man, Yasuda Jumpei, were released in which they appealed for their release.
- AQIS Gives Eulogy for Former TTP Leader Fazlullah Khorasani, Describes U.S. as Main Obstacle to Success for Jihadi Movements
Al-Qaeda in the Indian Subcontinent (AQIS) gave a eulogy for former Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) leader Fazlullah Khorasani and offered its "best wishes" to his successor, Mutfi Noor Wali Mehsud.
- IS-linked Group Depicts U.S. President Trump as IS Captive, Continues Bio-Terror Propaganda Campaign
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group depicted U.S. President Donald Trump as an IS captive and continued its bio-terror propaganda campaign with two new posters threatening attacks.
- IS Identifies Moroccan as Executor of Suicide Bombing on Filipino Soldiers in Basilan
The Islamic State (IS) identified a Moroccan as the executor of a suicide bombing on Filipino soldiers on Basilan island in the Philippines.
- 'Amaq Reports IS Suicide Bombing on Filipino Soldiers in Basilan
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported that the group is responsible for a suicide bombing on Filipino soldiers in Basilan island in the Philippines.
- IS' 'Amaq Releases Video of Executors of Attack on Foreign Tourists in Tajikistan
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency released a video of the five executors of the attack on foreign tourists in Tajikistan.
- IS' Khorasan Province Claims Suicide Bombing Killing Militia Commander in Nangarhar
The Islamic State's (IS) Khorasan Province claimed credit for the suicide bombing killing prominent militia commander and tribal leader Hayat Khan in Nangarhar in Afghanistan.
- IS Reportedly Sends Photos of Captive Druze Woman to Families Demanding Syria Cease Suwayda Offensive
The Islamic State (IS) has reportedly sent photos of Druze women it took prisoner in Syria's Suwayda governorate and recorded a video of one, wherein she gives the group's demand that the Syrian military cease its offensive to retake the area or they will be executed.
- IS Claims Credit for Attack on Foreign Tourists in Tajikistan
The Islamic State (IS) claimed credit for the vehicular and knife attack on foreign tourists in Tajikistan.
- IS' North Baghdad Division Features Executions of "Apostates" and Spies, Attacks on Popular Mobilization in Video
The North Baghdad division of the Islamic State's (IS) "Iraq Province" released a video showing executions of "apostates" and spies, some in their own homes, and attacks on Popular Mobilization forces.
- Shabaab Claims Seizing Control Over Town in Gedo, Attacking Ugandan and Somali Soldiers in Lower Shabelle and Mogadishu
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, claimed seizing control over a town in the country's Gedo region and attacking Ugandan forces within AMISOM and Somali soldiers in Lower Shabelle and Mogadishu.
- IS-linked Group Urges Lone Wolves to Follow Example of Toronto Shooter
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group urged lone wolves to follow the example of the Toronto shooter and mount attacks in the West.
- Al-Qaeda's Mali Branch Claims Attack on French Forces Before Malian Elections
The Mali-based al-Qaeda (AQ) branch, Nusrat al-Islam wal Muslimeen, claimed credit for attacking French and MINUSMA forces in Aguelhok before the Malian elections.
- IS' Khorasan Province Issues Formal Communique for Suicide Raid on "USAID HQ" in Jalalabad
The Islamic State's (IS) Khorasan Province issued a formal communique for the two-man suicide raid on what it described as a USAID headquarters in Jalalabad, the capital of Nangarhar in eastern Afghanistan.
- 'Amaq Reports IS Suicide Raid on USAID Headquarters in Jalalabad
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported that the group is responsible for a two-man suicide raid at the USAID headquarters in Jalalabad, the capital of Nangarhar province in eastern Afghanistan.
- NIM Leader Ag Ghaly Urges Malian Muslims Join it and Fight G5 Sahel and French Forces
Nusrat al-Islam wal Muslimeen (NIM) leader Iyad Ag Ghaley (AKA Abu al-Fadhil) addressed a speech to Malian Muslims, urging them to join the group and fight forces from G5 Sahel countries and France.
- Al-Qaeda's Mali Branch Warns Tribal Leaders from Allowing Tribesman to Join French Ally
Nusrat al-Islam wal Muslimeen (NIM), the Mali-based branch of al-Qaeda (AQ), warned tribal leaders from allowing their tribesman to join a French ally against fighters.
- AQIS Video Focuses on Fighters Involved in in August 2012 Attack at Minhas Airbase in Kamra
Al-Qaeda in the Indian Subcontinent (AQIS) released a video featuring fighters involved in the August 2012 attack at Minhas Airbase in Kamra, a town in Pakistan's Punjab province.
- French IS-linked Group Publishes Letter Advising Muslims in France How to Support IS
A French Islamic State (IS)-linked group published a letter advising Muslims in France how to support the IS despite living in a "land of disbelief" and under the watchful eye of enemy intelligence.
- Al-Qaeda's Mali Branch Vilifies France and Urges Muslims Join in Expelling it from Country
The Mali-based al-Qaeda (AQ) branch, Nusrat al-Islam wal Muslimeen (NIM), issued a statement regarding its April 2018 suicide attack at Timbuktu Airport and what allegedly followed of French criminality, vilifying France and urging Muslims to join in expelling its forces from the country.
- Shabaab Claims Bombing Burundian Military Vehicles Twice in Same Location on Same Day, Killing 10 Somali Soldiers Near U.S. Base
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, claimed bombing Burundian (AMISOM) military vehicles twice in the same location on the same day, and also killing 10 Somali soldiers near a U.S.
- In Continued Promotion of Bio-Terror, IS-linked Group Depicts Wasteland
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group depicted a town ruined by a CBRN attack as the latest installment in its poster series promotion biological terrorism.
- IS Releases First Video from its "Hauran" Division, Shows Footage of Conquest of Heet Village
The Islamic State (IS) released the first video from its "Hauran" division for "Sham Province," showing footage of suicide bombings and clashes that ultimately led to the conquest of Heet, a village in Syria's Daraa governorate.
- Afghan Taliban Claims Suicide Bombings in Kabul and Wardak on Intelligence Unit Commandos as "Retribution"
The Afghan Taliban claimed suicide bombings in the capital, Kabul, and in Wardak province on Afghan intelligence unit commandos as "retribution" for alleged crimes.
- 'Amaq Gives Casualty Count of 435+ in IS Attacks on Multiple Axes in al-Suwayda
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency gave a total casualty count of over 435 from Syrian regime forces and militiamen in attacks on multiple axes in Suwayda governorate.
- IS-linked Group Continues Bio-Terror Poster Campaign for 4th Consecutive Day
Since releasing a video urging lone-wolf jihadists to carry out biological weapon attacks in the West, an Islamic State (IS)-linked group launched a poster campaign promoting the idea, and depicted in the fourth poster a man holding such a weapon in a city.
- IS Claims Suicide Bombing Killing 100+, Wounding Dozens of Regime Forces in Suwayda
The Islamic State (IS) claimed killing over 100 and wounding dozens of Syrian regime forces in clashes and a suicide bombing in Suwayda.
- Shabaab Claims Capturing Town in Middle Shabelle
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda’s (AQ) branch in Somalia, claimed capturing a town in Middle Shabelle following the withdrawal of Somali forces.
- 'Amaq Reports IS' Responsibility for Suicide Bombing at Election Center in Quetta
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported the group's responsibility for a suicide bombing at an election center in the Pakistani city of Quetta.
- IS Releases Photos of Syrian Fighter Jet Crashed in Yarmouk Basin
The Islamic State (IS) released photos of the Syrian fighter jet that was reportedly shot down by Israel Defense Forces (IDF) and crashed in the Yarmouk Basin.
- 'Amaq Reports Toronto Shooter a "Soldier of the Islamic State"
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported that the shooter in the recent attack in Toronto, Canada, was a "soldier of the Islamic State".
- IS Claims Suicide Bombing Amidst Ongoing Clashes with Regime Forces in Daraa, 'Amaq Video Shows Fighter Challenges Enemies
The Islamic State (IS) claimed its sixth suicide bombing in Daraa since actively engaging Syrian regime forces in the governorate, while the group's 'Amaq News Agency released a video of a fighter there challenges enemies from the regime and militias.
- AQIM's Tunisian Branch Publishes Photos of National Guard Forces Killed in Ghardimaou
The Uqba bin Nafi Battalion, the Tunisian branch of al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM), released photos of the National Guard forces killed in the July 8, 2018, attack on their patrol in Ghardimaou.
- Alleged Kashmir-based Harakat-ul-Mujahideen Member Announces Pledge to IS in Audio
A pro-Islamic State (IS) Kashmir-centric media unit released an audio speech attributed to a Harakat-ul-Mujahideen member disassociating from his group and pledging allegiance to IS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.
- IS-linked Group Uses Image from Video Game to Threaten Attacks in West
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group used an image from the video game "Tom Clancy's The Division" to threaten revenge attacks in the West.
- Afghan Taliban Criticizes Top U.S. Commander in Afghanistan for "Providing" Propaganda to IS
The Afghan Taliban criticized General John Nicholson, the top U.S. commander in Afghanistan, for encouraging its fighting the Islamic State's (IS) Khorasan Province, arguing that such a remark provides propaganda to the IS against Taliban fighters.
- IS-linked Group Continues to Promote Biological Terrorism in West
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group continued its promotion of biological terrorism in the West with a second poster just days after publication of video inciting for such attacks.
- Shabaab Publishes Photo Report on Captured SNA Base and Village Near Kismayo
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, published a photo report on the village and Somali National Army (SNA) base it captured therein following a raid near Kismayo.
- IS Claims Killing 3 Filipino Soldiers in Mortar Strike in Patikul
Amidst its ongoing activity in the Philippines, and specifically Patikul district in Sulu, the Islamic State (IS) claimed killing three Filipino soldiers in a mortar strike.
- Boko Haram Releases Video of Beheading "Apostates," Training, and Presenting War Spoils from Boboshe Raid; Shows Shekau Speech
The Nigeria-based Jama’at Ahl al-Sunnah Lil Dawa Wal Jihad, or "Boko Haram," released a video featuring a speech from its leader, Abu Bakr Shekau, and showing the beheading of "apostates," fighter training, and war spoils from a recent raid in Boboshe.
- AQAP Claims Deterring Shabwani Elite Offensive in Shabwa, Houthi Raid in al-Bayda'
Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) claimed deterring offensives by the Shabwani Elite in Yemen's Shabwa governorate and Houthis in al-Bayda'.
- Shabaab Claims Killing 30+, Wounding Dozens in Dual Suicide Operation near Kismayo
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda’s (AQ) branch in Somalia, claimed killing over 30 and wounding dozens of Somali forces in a dual suicide operation near Kismayo, Lower Juba, in addition to attacks in Banaadir, Bay, Lower Shabelle, and Puntland.
- IS’ ‘Amaq Reports IS Killing 115+ in Suicide Operation near Kabul Airport
The Islamic State’s (IS) ‘Amaq News Agency reported responsibility for the suicide operation on a welcoming committee for Afghan Vice President Abdul Rashid Dostum at Kabul Airport, killing and wounding more than 115.
- IS Claims Killing 3 Dagestani Policemen in Shooting in Kizilyurt
The Islamic State's (IS) Caucasus Province claimed killing three Dagestani policemen in a shooting in the town of Kizilyurt.
- IS-linked Group Depicts Trump and Putin as Targets
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group depicted U.S. President Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin as targets and incited for their death.
- IS’ Khorasan Province Issues Formal Communique for Suicide Bombing near Kabul Airport
The Islamic State's (IS) Khorasan Province issued a formal communique claiming the suicide bombing on supporters of Afghan Vice President Abdul Rashid Dostum at Kabul Airport.
- IS-linked Group Promotes Biological Attacks as Precursor to "Real War"
Following its release of a video urging lone-wolf jihadists to cultivate and deploy biological weapons in Western countries, an Islamic State (IS)-linked group promoted such attacks as the precursor to "real war".
- IS Claims Killing Filipino Soldier by Gunshot in Sulu
The Islamic State (IS) claimed shooting to death a Filipino soldier in the Sulu Archipelago in the southwestern Philippines.
- IS Claims Suicide Bombing in Daraa, Seizing Control Over Several Villages in Quneitra
The Islamic State (IS) claimed killing over 15 Syrian soldiers in a suicide bombing in western Daraa and seizing control over several villages in neighboring Quneitra governorate.
- TTP Claims Suicide Bombing on Former Agriculture Minister's Convoy as Retaliation for Death of Fighters
Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) claimed credit for the suicide bombing on the convoy of former Agriculture Minister Ikramullah Gandapur in Dera Ismail Khan and regarded it as retaliation for his alleged role in the killing of dozens of fighters.
- IS’ Hauran Province Claims Killing 25 and Capturing Several Villages in Daraa
The Islamic State’s (IS) newly established Hauran Province claimed the deaths of 25, and the seizure of several villages, as the result of clashes with Syrian regime and “Awakenings” forces in Daraa.
- IS-linked Group Urges Lone Wolves Use Biological Weapons in Western Countries
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group released a video urging lone wolves to use biological weapons in Western countries and providing advice as to where to acquire and deploy bacteria.
- Afghan Taliban Charges "American Invaders" with Complicity in Dozens of Civilian Deaths in Kunduz and Paktia, Vows Revenge
The Afghan Taliban charged "American invaders" with complicity in dozens of civilian deaths in Kunduz and Paktia provinces in Afghanistan and vowed revenge.
- Militant Faction "Fursan'ul Iman" Releases Video of Joint Attack with Ansar al-Islam on Regime Positions in Jabal Turkman
A militant faction based in Jabal Turkman, in the north of Syria's Lattakia governorate, released a video of a joint attack it waged with Ansar al-Islam against regime military positions in the area.
- Shabaab Claims Killing 5 Somali Soldiers in Qoryoley (Lower Shabelle), Striking AMISOM Base Outside Mogadishu
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, claimed killing 5 Somali soldiers in separate attacks in Qoryoley and striking an AMISOM base outside the capital, Mogadishu.
- IS-linked Group Calls to Kill Rouhani and Putin and Their Supporters
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group called on lone-wolf jihadists to kill Iranian President Hassan Rouhani and Russian President Vladimir Putin and their supporters.
- IS Claims Killing, Wounding 100 Syrian Soldiers and Opposition Faction Elements in Suicide Bombing in Daraa
The Islamic State's (IS) Hauran Province in Syria claimed killing and wounding nearly 100 elements from the Syrian army and opposition factions identified as "Awakenings" in Daraa.
- Afghan Taliban Accuses UNAMA Report of Leveraging Civilian Death Count as Propaganda
The Afghan Taliban accused a recent report by the United Nations Assistance Mission in Afghanistan (UNAMA) of leveraging civilian death count as propaganda against the group and misrepresenting the numbers.
- IS' Khorasan Province Releases Video on Suicide Attacks, Including June 2017 Iran Operation, and a Child Bomber
The Islamic State's (IS) Khorasan Province released a video focusing on its suicide attacks, including the June 7, 2017, attack in the Iranian capital, Tehran, and others, including a child bomber who executed strikes in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
- IS Supporter Complains of Lack of Attack on World Cup Despite Plethora of Threats, Gives Tips for Future Operations
An Islamic State (IS) supporter claimed that the plethora of threats from IS-linked groups towards the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia were counter-productive and led only to the enemy increasing security, and gave tips for future attacks.
- IS’ “Hauran Province” Renews Pledge to Leader, Shows Scenes of Captured Daraa Town in ‘Amaq Video, Photo Report
The Islamic State’s (IS) ‘Amaq News Agency and newly established “Hauran Province” released a video and photo report, respectively, showing scenes of the captured town of Heet in Daraa, Syria and renewing the province’s pledge to group leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.
- IS' Khorasan Province Issues Formal Communique for Suicide Bombing on Rural Development Ministry Staff, Threatens More Operations
The Islamic State's (IS) Khorasan Province issued a formal communique claiming credit for the suicide bombing on Rural Development Ministry staff in the Afghan capital, Kabul, and threatening more operations on those who assist the "Crusaders".
- Acknowledging Reports of Violent Conflict Between Groups in Yemen, IS' 'Amaq Releases Video of Imprisoned AQAP Fighters
Acknowledging reports from jihadi media units about violent conflict between the Islamic State (IS) and al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) in Yemen, the IS' 'Amaq News Agency released a video showing AQAP prisoners in the group's grasp.
- 'Amaq Reports 60 Casualties in IS Suicide Bombing at Rural Development Ministry in Kabul, Notes French Nationals Among Wounded
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported 60 casualties among Rural Development Ministry staff in the Afghan capital, Kabul, and noted French nationals among the wounded.
- Afghan Taliban Claims Killing 2 U.S. Soldiers, 19 Afghan Special Forces During Clashes in Kunduz
The Afghan Taliban claimed killing 2 U.S. soldiers and wounding a third and killing 19 Afghan Special Forces during clashes in Kunduz province in northern Afghanistan.
- Shabaab Claims 25+ Casualties in 2 Suicide Bombings and Raid at Presidential Palace in Mogadishu, Other Attacks in Capital and Afgoye
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, claimed killing and wounding over 25 Presidential Palace guards in two suicide bombings and a raid at the location in Mogadishu, in addition to waging other attacks in the capital and in Afgoye.
- IS Attacks HTS in Campaign Named After IS Fighter Beheaded by Group in Idlib
The Islamic State's (IS) Idlib Province in Syria launched against Hay'at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS) and unidentified "opposition factions," a military campaign it dubbed the "Invasion of Brother Abu al-Bara' al-Saheli," a fighter beheaded by HTS.
- Afghan Taliban Promotes Death of U.S. Soldier Due to Wounds Inflicted in Clash with Fighters in Paktia
Two days after the Afghan Taliban claimed wounding two U.S. soldiers in a clash in Paktia province, the group promoted news that one of the soldiers died from his injuries.
- 'Amaq Reports 2 U.S. Soldiers Killed in IS Ambush in Nangarhar's Achin District (Afghanistan)
'Amaq News Agency reported that two American soldiers were killed in an ambush by Islamic State (IS) fighters in Nangarhar in eastern Afghanistan.
- IS Publishes Formal Communique for Suicide Bombing at Election Rally in Balochistan
Shortly after the Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported its responsibility for the suicide bombing at an election rally in the Pakistani city of Mastung in Balochistan, the group's Khorasan province issued a formal communique for the incident.
- IS Supporters Call for Outreach, Migration to Kashmir to Build “Stronger” IS Presence
In a discussion on a pro-Islamic State (IS) Telegram chat group, users called for migration to Kashmir, along with regional outreach, to help build a “stronger” IS presence there.
- 'Amaq Reports IS' Responsibility for Suicide Bombing at Election Rally in Balochistan
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported that the group is responsible for the suicide bombing at an election rally in Balochistan province in southwestern Pakistan.
- Shabaab Claims Attacks on Kenyan Security Forces, Safaricom Company Location in Kenya's Garissa and Mandera Counties
The Somalia-based Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement claimed attacks in Garissa and Mandera Counties of neighboring Kenya, targeting Kenyan security forces and a location of the Safaricom telecommunications company.
- AQIM Publishing Unit Threatens Tunisian Individual Freedoms and Equality Committee and Western Tourists, Promotes Uqba bin Nafi Battalion
A publishing unit of al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) published an essay promoting the Uqba bin Nafi Battalion and the July 8, 2018, attack in the Ayn Sultan area in Tunisia's Jendouba province, and threatened the Individual Freedoms and Equality Committee.
- Pro-AQ Group Reports 1st Incident of Clashes Between IS and AQAP in Yemen
A pro- al-Qaeda (AQ) group reported the first incident of clashes between Islamic State (IS) and AQAP fighters in Yemen.
- IS Claims Seizing Control Over Town in Daraa Following 2 Suicide Bombings and Raid on Position Held by Opposition Factions
The Islamic State's (IS) newly established "Hauran Province" claimed seizing control over the town of Heet in Daraa governorate in Syria following two suicide bombings and a raid on positions held by opposition factions.
- Editorial in Pro-IS Magazine Urges Youths Take Baghdadi's Deceased Son as Role Model
An editorial in the pro-Islamic State (IS) magazine “Anfal” urged Muslim youths to take Hudhayfah al-Badri, son of IS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, as a role model and eschew worldly pleasures for jihad.
- AQ Media Chief Urges Muslims Invest in Fellow Muslims, Forcefully Take Reins of Power from "Agents" to the West
Al-Qaeda's (AQ) media chief authored a document urging Muslims to invest resources in fellow Muslims to improve their living conditions and weaken the grasp their governments have over them, and to forcefully take the reins of power from "agents" to the West.
- IS' West Africa Province Promotes Perseverance of Fighters, Displays Suicide Bombings and Attacks on MNJTM and Nigerian Forces
The Islamic State's (IS) Nigeria-based West Africa Province released a video promoting the perseverance of its fighters and displaying footage of suicide bombings and attacks on Multinational Joint Task Force (MNJTM) and Nigerian soldiers.
- AQAP Claims Killing Total of 8 Houthis in al-Bayda' in 10 Days
Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) claimed killing a total of eight Houthis, one of them a commander, within 10 days in Yemen's al-Bayda' governorate.
- TTP Claims Credit for Suicide Bombing Killing ANP Leader in Peshawar, Threatens Political Party
Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) claimed credit for the suicide bombing at a rally by the Awami National Party (ANP) in Peshawr killing a leader, Haroon Bilour, and at least 19 others, and threatened future operations against the political party.
- Afghan Taliban Releases Video of Fighters Training at "Camp Usama bin Zayd"
The Afghan Taliban released a video of fighters training at "Camp Usama bin Zayd" in a variety of military and physical exercises.
- TTP Video Shows Training of "Martyrdom Seeker Mujahideen"
Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) released a video focusing on training of "martyrdom seeker mujahideen".
- IS Announces New "Province" in Syria, Claims Suicide Bombing on Russian and Syrian Forces in Western Daraa
The Islamic State (IS) announced a new division in Syria, "Hauran Province," and in its inaugural communique, claimed credit for a suicide bombing on Russian and Syrian forces in western Daraa.
- IS' Khorasan Province Claims Suicide Bombing on Afghan Intel Agents in Jalalabad
The Islamic State's (IS) Khorasan Province claimed credit for a suicide bombing on Afghan intelligence agents in the capital of Nangarhar, Jalalabad.
- IS-linked Group Advises on Attacks Involving Stabbings, Blunt Force Trauma
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group advised supporters on attacks involving knives for cutting and stabbing and weapons to inflict blunt force trauma to a victim.
- IS Claims 2-Man Suicide Raid on PMU Near Oil Refinery in Baiji
The Islamic State's (IS) Salahuddin Province claimed a two-man suicide raid on Popular Mobilization Unit (PMU) forces near the oil refinery in Baiji, which is the largest such facility in Iraq.
- After HTS Security Ops Against IS Cells in Idlib, IS Fighters Claim Attacks Against Group Over Past 4 Days
Following the late-June security operations by Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS) in exposing and eliminating Islamic State (IS) cells in Idlib, the IS has maintained its resurgence in the governorate over the past days, attacking HTS fighters there and also in neighboring Aleppo.
- As 2018 FIFA World Cup Enters Final Week, IS-linked Group Reiterates Threat of Attacks
With one-week remaining in the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia, an Islamic State (IS)-linked group reiterated the threat of attacks it and other supporters have made before and during the event.
- Pro-AQ Hurras al-Deen Announces Death of 10 Fighters Due to Accidental Triggering of Mines in Eastern Idlib
The al-Qaeda (AQ)-aligned Hurras al-Deen announced that 10 of its fighters were killed due to the accidental trigging of landmines in Syria's Idlib governorate.
- Afghan Taliban Reports "Conscientious" Afghan Soldier Shot and Killed 4 Foreign Soldiers in Uruzgan
The Afghan Taliban reported that a "conscientious" Afghan soldier shot and killed four foreign soldiers and wounded three others in an attack at Tarinkot airport in Uruzgan province.
- AQIM's Uqba bin Nafi Battalion Claims Credit for Attack on Tunisian National Guard Near Tunisia-Algeria Border
The Tunisia-based division of al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM), the Uqba bin Nafi Battalion, claimed credit for the attack on Tunisian National Guard forces near the country's border with Algeria.
- Shabaab Claims Over 34 Killed, Dozens Wounded in Suicide Attack in Mogadishu
In a follow-up to its prior reports on the suicide attack at the Somali Interior and Security Ministries in the capital, Mogadishu, the Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement claimed killing over 34 staff members and wounding dozens of others.