- Sinai-based Jund al-Islam Publicly Dismisses Group Member
The Sinai-based Jund al-Islam, an al-Qaeda (AQ)-aligned group, publicly dismissed one of its members in its first statement since November 2017.
In the message, which was distributed on Telegram on August 26, 2018, the group announced that "Ahmed al-'Arjani" was expelled its ranks due to his "lack of adherence to the policy of the group and its regulations," without elaborating upon his exact violation.
Using his example as a warning to others, Jund al-Islam wrote:
We call on our dear brothers - soldiers and officials - on the necessity of being disciplined on the methodology and policy followed by the group, for there is no group without listening and obeying. We stress that any violation of this policy requires punishment and accountability, which may rise above dismissal.
- After Threatening Telegram Founder, Pro-IS Group Warns Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey
After threatening Telegram founder Pavel Durov over the suspension of accounts and channels, a pro-Islamic State (IS) group warned Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey for the same.
- IS' Khorasan Province Claims Suicide Bombing on Security Elements, Local Officials in Jalalabad
The Islamic State's (IS) Khorasan Province claimed a suicide bombing on Afghan security elements and local officials in Jalalabad, the capital of Nangarhar in eastern Afghanistan.
- Groups Allegedly "Fulfill" Pledge to AQ Leader Zawahiri by Joining Hurras al-Deen
A jihadist distributed an announcement by six groups announcing their joining the Syria-based Hurras al-Deen as a means of "fulfilling" their pledge to al-Qaeda (AQ) leader Ayman al-Zawahiri.
The announcement lists the names of the six groups.
- IS Claims Credit for Attack on Libyan Security Checkpoint in Wadi Kaam, East of Tripoli
The Islamic State's (IS) Tripoli Province claimed credit for the attack on a Libyan security checkpoint in Wadi Kaam, east of the capital.
- IS-linked Group Promotes and Incites for Attacks in Poster Displaying a City in Ruins
Using an open-source wallpaper image displaying a devastated city on fire, an Islamic State (IS)-linked group promoted and incited for attacks.
- Afghan Taliban Accuses U.S. Forces of "Rescuing" IS in Nangarhar, Charges U.S. General with Deliberately Lying about Trump Strategy
The Afghan Taliban again accused American forces of "rescuing" Islamic State (IS) fighters from its clearing operations, and charged U.S. General John Nicholson with deliberately lying to the American people about the success of President Donald Trump's strategy in Afghanistan.
- AQ-linked Group Releases Video of Bangladeshi Fighters Attacking U.S. Forces in Afghanistan
An al-Qaeda (AQ)-linked group released a video showing what it described as Bangladeshi fighters attacking U.S. forces in Afghanistan.
- IS' al-Hayat Media Gives Statistical Breakdown of Group Operations (August 16-22)
The Islamic State (IS) released the fourth episode in a video series providing statistical breakdowns of IS operations, covering in this installment the week of August 16 – August 22, 2018.
- Pro-IS Group Depicts U.S. President Donald Trump Beheaded
A pro-Islamic State (IS) group depicted U.S. President Donald Trump beheaded along with the word "soon".
- AQ Leader Zawahiri Promotes Unity Among Muslims and Rejection of Division in Video Speech
Al-Qaeda (AQ) leader Ayman al-Zawahiri promoted unity among Muslims and rejection of division, considering these religiously mandated matters, in a video speech.
- Shabaab Claims Assassination Attempt on Somali Deputy Defense Minister in Capital
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement claimed credit for the assassination attempt on deputy defense minister Abdullahi Olad Rooble in the capital, Mogadishu, in addition to two attacks in its home base of Somalia and one in neighboring Kenya.
- Shabaab Releases Video on September 2017 Raid at Somali Special Forces (Danab) Base in Barire
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, released a video on the September 28, 2017, raid at a Somali Special Forces (Danab) camp in Barire, in Lower Shabelle region.
- 'Amaq Reports Paris Suburb Knife Attacker an IS Fighter
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported that the executor of the knife attack in Trappes, a suburb in western Paris, France, is an IS fighter.
- IS Leader Vows "Dark Days" to Enemy, Incites for Lone-Wolf Attacks in West, and Muslims to Rise Up in Jordan and Saudi Arabia
In his first speech in nearly a year, Islamic State (IS) leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi vowed "dark days" to the group's enemies in Iraq and Syria, inciting for lone-wolf attacks in the West, and urged Muslims to rise up in Jordan and Saudi Arabia.
- HTS Leader Julani Decries Negotiations with Enemy in Eid al-Adha Speech, Assures Fighters will Defend Positions in North
Hay'at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS) leader Abu Muhammad al-Julani decried negotiations with the Syrian regime in a video speech for Eid al-Adha and assured that fighters will defend their positions in the north, implying Idlib.
- IS Leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi Speaks in 1st Audio Since September 2017
Islamic State (IS) leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi spoke in his first audio speech in 11 months.
- IS' Khorasan Province Claims Mortar Strike on Afghan Presidential Palace, 2-Man Suicide Raid in Kabul
After previously claiming credit for the mortar strike on the Afghan Presidential Palace in Kabul during the Eid al-Adha speech delivered by President Ashraf Ghani, the Islamic State's (IS) Khorasan Province took responsibility for a two-man suicide raid in the capital.
- Afghan Taliban Promotes Suicide Attackers in Video, Highlights 7-Man Raid at PD6 in Kabul and Suicide Bombing on U.S. Convoy in Nangarhar
The Afghan Taliban promoted its suicide attackers in the 12th episode of its "Caravan of Conquest" video series and highlighted the March 2017 7-man raid at PD6 in Kabul and the May 2017 suicide bombing on a U.S. military convoy in Nangarhar.
- Pro-IS Group Incites Supporters to Promote IS and Mount Attacks Online and Offline
A pro-Islamic State (IS) group incited Muslims online and offline to support the IS, either through intensifying their promotion of propaganda on social media, or executing attacks with explosives, guns, knives, poisons, and vehicles.
- 'Amaq Video Reveals Perpetrators of Coordinated Attacks in Chechnya to be Children
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency released a video it said it received from the perpetrators of the suicide bombing and knife and vehicular attacks in Chechnya, revealed them to be children.
- IS' Sinai Province Claims Suicide Bombing on Egyptian Soldiers as They Allegedly Bulldozed Houses in al-Arish
The Islamic State's (IS) Sinai Province claimed a suicide bombing on Egyptian soldiers as they allegedly bulldozed houses in al-Arish.
- 'Amaq Reports IS Executed Mortar Strike on Presidential Palace in Kabul
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported that the group is responsible for the mortar strike targeting the Afghan presidential palace in Kabul.
- IS' Caucasus Province Gives Formal Communique for Coordinated Attacks on Chechen Police
The Islamic State's (IS) Caucasus Province gave a formal communique for the coordinated attacks on Chechen police in Grozny, Mesker-Yurt, and Shali involving a vehicular strike, stabbings, and a suicide bombing.
- 'Amaq Publishes Photos of Bomb Blast on Vehicle Allegedly Carrying U.S. Soldiers in Raqqah
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency published photos of a bomb blast on a vehicle allegedly carrying U.S. soldiers in Raqqah, Syria.
- Two Factions Announce Joining AQ-Aligned Hurras al-Deen in Syria
Two Syria-based jihadi factions announced their joining the al-Qaeda (AQ)-aligned Hurras al-Deen.
- AQ-Aligned Ansar Ghazwat-ul-Hind Leader Incites Muslim Youths in India and Kashmir to Fight in Eid al-Adha Speech
Zakir Musa, the leader of the al-Qaeda (AQ)-aligned Ansar Ghazwat-ul-Hind (AGH), incited Muslim youths in India and Kashmir to fight Indian security forces and "prepare for war" in an Eid al-Adha speech.
- Shabaab Claims Eight Attacks in Four Days in Southern Somalia
Within four days, the Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda’s (AQ) branch in Somalia, claimed eight attacks on Ugandan, U.S., Somali, and Burundian forces in three regions of Somalia.
- Pro-IS Group Gives Biography of Slain Canadian-Pakistani Fighter "Abu al-Zubayr al-Kanadi"
A foreign fighter-centric pro-Islamic State (IS) group gave a biography for a slain Canadian-Pakistani IS member it identified as "Abu al-Zubayr al-Kanadi".
- Afghan Taliban Documents in Video its Purging IS Fighters from Jowzjan's Darzab District
The Afghan Taliban released a video documenting its purging Darzab district in Jowzjan, a province in northern Afghanistan, from Islamic State (IS) fighters.
- 'Amaq Reports IS Responsibility for Attacks on Chechen Police in Grozny and Shali
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported that the group is responsible for separate attacks on Chechen police in Grozny and Shali.
- AQ Leader Zawahiri Slams Hamas' "Document of General Principles and Policies," Urges Palestinians Reject "Traitors"
Al-Qaeda (AQ) leader Ayman al-Zawahiri slammed Hamas' charter that it published in May 2017, "A Document of General Principles and Policies," and urged Palestinians to reject "traitors" and embrace the jihadi methodology.
- Afghan Taliban Leader Boasts of Success in War, Expresses Willingness for Direct Negotiations with U.S.
A statement attributed to Afghan Taliban leader Haibatullah Akhundzada for the occasion of Eid al-Adha boasted of the group's success and what it describes as America's failure in the war in Afghanistan, and expressed willingness for direct negotiations with the U.S.
- IS' 'Amaq Reports Wounding of 3 U.S. Soldiers in Bomb Blast in Raqqah
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported that three American soldiers were wounded in a bomb blast in Syria's Raqqah governorate.
- AQAP Denies AP Report of Cooperating with Saudi-led Coalition
Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) denied a report published by the Associated Press that it has entered into "secret deals" with the Saudi-led coalition.
- AQ's Mali Branch Reportedly Claims Ambushing Malian Army, Burning MINUSMA Fuel Tanker
The Mali-based al-Qaeda (AQ) branch, Nusrat al-Islam wal Muslimeen (NIM), reportedly claimed credit for an ambush on Malian soldiers and burning a MINUSMA fuel tanker.
- IS' "East Asia Province" Publishes Photos of Fighters in Jungle, Child in Ranks
The Islamic State's (IS) "East Asia Province" published photos from the daily life of its fighters, showing them in a jungle and with a child in their ranks.
- IS’ al-Hayat Media Releases 3rd Episode in Statistical Breakdown of IS Operations (August 9-15)
The Islamic State (IS) released the third episode in a video series providing statistical breakdowns of IS operations, covering in this installment the week of August 9 – August 15, 2018.
- IS' Khorasan Province Claims Killing and Wounding Total of 120 Afghan Intel and Police in 2 Suicide Attacks in Kabul
The Islamic State's (IS) Khorasan Province claimed killing and wounding a total of 120 Afghan intelligence elements and policemen in a two-man suicide raid and a suicide bombing, two days apart, in the Afghan capital, Kabul.
- IS' West Africa Province Publishes Photos of Clashes in Lake Chad Area and Garunda, African MJTF Captive
The Nigeria-based West Africa Province of the Islamic State (IS) published a photo report on clashes by its fighters with African Multi-national Joint task Force (MJTF) soldiers in Garunda village and the Lake Chad area, including an image of a POW.
- IS' 'Amaq Reports 110 Casualties in Suicide Attack at Afghan Intel HQ in Kabul
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported that a suicide attack waged by the group at an Afghan intelligence headquarters in Kabul resulted in nearly 110 casualties.
- "Source" in AQ's Mali Branch Denies Reports of Death of Gao Official
A "source" in Nusrat al-Islam wal Muslimeen (NIM), al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Mali, reportedly denied news that the group's official for Gao was killed.
- IS-linked Group Calls to Kill Spanish Police in Poster
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group called to kill Spanish police in a poster in English and Spanish.
- IS' Khorasan Province Issues Formal Communique for Suicide Bombing at Hazara Private School in Kabul
Just a half-hour following 'Amaq News Agency reporting the group's responsibility, the Islamic State's (IS) Khorasan Province issued a formal communique for the suicide bombing at a Hazara private school in the Afghan capital, Kabul.
- 'Amaq Reports IS' Responsibility to Suicide Bombing at Hazara Private School in Kabul
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported that the group is responsible for the suicide bombing at a Hazara private school in the Afghan capital, Kabul.
- IS-linked Group Threatens Big Ben Using Apocalyptic Rendering of the Landmark
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group used an apocalyptic rendering of Big Ben in London to threaten for attacks in the West.
- AQ Media Chief Argues Arab Spring a Failure, Urges Muslims Go to Square and Revolt
Al-Qaeda (AQ) released a video speech from its media chief on the post-Arab Spring Middle East and North Africa, arguing that the uprisings have not brought real change and Muslims must return to the squares and demand Shariah-based governance.
- Pro-IS Group Begins Poster Series Advising on Vehicular Attacks
A pro-Islamic State (IS) group launched a poster series advising on vehicular attacks, and in the first installment gave tips for targeting soldiers.
- Using Scene from Fallout: New York Mod, IS-linked Group Depicts Beheading
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group used a screen capture from the New York modification for the Fallout 4 video game to depict a beheading.
- Afghan Taliban Rescinds "Security Commitment" to ICRC Over Inaction on Pul-e-Charkhi Prison
The Afghan Taliban announced its decision to rescind its "security commitment" to the International Committee of the Red Cross due to inaction by the humanitarian organization towards a hunger strike at Pul-e-Charkhi prison.
- Afghan Taliban Boasts of Conquering Ghazni City, Claims Killing Over 200 Afghan and 10 U.S. Soldiers
After providing daily updates on its military activities and conquests over the past four days in the capital city of Afghanistan's Ghazni province, including the killing of over 200 Afghan and 10 American soldier, the Afghan Taliban boasted of its success and the "failure" on U.S. strategy in the country.
- Featuring Disabled Fighters, IS' Khorasan Province Urges Immigration for Jihad in Video
In a video featuring disabled fighters, including those blind and wheelchair-bound, the Islamic State's (IS) Khorasan Province urged Muslims to immigrate for jihad and not find excuses for inaction.
- AQ Promotes Reverence for Islamic Scholars in Nafeer 27
Al-Qaeda (AQ) promoted reverence for Islamic scholars in Nafeer 27 and urged those scholars who are disparaged to preserve amid adversity.
- IS' Khorasan Province Claims Killing U.S. Soldiers in Bomb Blast in Nazyan (Nangarhar)
The Islamic State's (IS) Khorasan Province claimed killing American soldiers in a bomb blast on their vehicle in Nazyan district in Nangarhar, Afghanistan.
- IS' West Africa Province Claims Killing 7 Nigerian Soldiers Near Lake Chad
After the Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported that fighters attacked Nigerian soldiers in the Lake Chad area, the group's West Africa Province issued a formal communique for the operation.
- IS Supporters Discuss Targeting of Military and Commercial Ships
In subsequent posts in a discussion launched by an Islamic State (IS) supporter about maritime attacks on military, commercial, and civilian ships, that user and another examined the targeting of such vessels, especially with the presence of radar systems.
- Shabaab Claims Bombing KDF Vehicle in Mandera, Attacks on AMISOM and SNA in Multiple Areas in Somalia
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, claimed multiple attacks in the country on AMISOM and Somali National Army (SNA) forces, and a bombing on Kenyan Defense Forces (KDF) in Mandera County in neighboring Kenya.
- IS Reportedly Sends Hostage Video to Families of Captured Druze Women from Suwayda
Following its kidnapping of Druze prisoners in Syria's Suwayda governorate, the Islamic State (IS) reportedly sent another hostage video of two Druze women to their families.
- IS’ ‘Amaq Reports Seven Nigerian Army Soldiers Killed by IS Fighters
The Islamic State’s (IS) ‘Amaq News Agency reported that IS fighters killed seven soldiers from the Nigerian Army in northeast Nigeria.
- IS Claims Killing and Wounding Over 64 from Afghan Taliban in Kunar and Nangarhar
The Islamic State (IS) claimed killing and wounding 64 from Afghan Taliban Forces in Afghanistan’s Kunar and Nangarhar provinces.
- IS Claims Killing and Wounding Over 64 from Afghan Taliban in Kunar and Nangarhar
The Islamic State (IS) claimed killing and wounding 64 from Afghan Taliban Forces in Afghanistan’s Kunar and Nangarhar provinces.
- Pro-IS Group Depicts Telegram Founder as IS Captive
A pro-Islamic State (IS) group depicted Telegram founder Pavel Durov as an IS captive to be executed.
- IS Supporter Suggests Maritime Attacks on Military, Commercial, and Civilian Ships
An Islamic State (IS) supporter suggested maritime attacks on military, commercial, and civilian ships, questioning why the 2000 USS Cole operation cannot be repeated.
- IS’ al-Hayat Media Releases 2nd Episode in Statistical Breakdown of IS Operations (August 2 - 8, 2018)
The Islamic State (IS) released the second episode in a video series providing statistical breakdowns of IS operations, covering in this installment the week of August 2 – August 8, 2018.
- IS Reports on Attack at Libyan Camp and Checkpoint in Jufra in Naba 143, Separately Publishes Photos from Op
The Islamic State (IS) reported on an attack on a Libyan military checkpoint and camp in Jufra in Naba 143 and separately published photos from the operation.
- AQ Leader Zawahiri Gives Eulogy for Former TTP Leader Fazlullah
Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri gave a eulogy for former Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) leader Fazlullah Khorasani.
- Pro-AQ Hurras al-Deen Condemns Militants Reconciling with Syrian Regime as Being "Weak" in Faith and Morals
The al-Qaeda (AQ)-aligned Hurras al-Deen condemned Islamic militant groups reconciling with the Syrian regime as being "weak" in faith and morals.
- Jihadist Calls to Kill Dutch MP, Support Campaign Opoosing Muhammad Cartoon Contest
A jihadist called on Muslims to kill Dutch parliamentarian Geert Wilders in response to the Muhammad cartoon contest organized by his PVV party, and urged jihadi Telegram channel administrators to promote the demand.
- Now Giving East Asia the "Province" Designation, IS Publishes Photos of Mortar Strike in Philippines
The Islamic State (IS) published a photo report from what it is now calling "East Asia Province" showing a mortar strike on a Philippine army base in Sulu in the Philippines.
- IS' Khorasan Province Claims Suicide Attack and Bombings on Afghan Taliban in Nangarhar
The Islamic State's (IS) Khorasan Province claimed inflicting a total of 22 casualties among Afghan Taliban fighters in a suicide attack, a clash, and 3 bombings in Nangarhar in eastern Afghanistan.
- AQAP Releases Video of IS Fighters Captured in al-Bayda'
In the latest in the back and forth between al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) and the Islamic State (IS) regarding their conflict, the former released a video featuring IS prisoners confessing to the IS' vitriol for the group and the baseless charges it levied.
- Son of AQ Explosives Expert Abu Khabab al-Masri Reportedly Killed in Afghanistan-Pakistan Region
Jihadists reported that a son of al-Qaeda (AQ) explosives expert Midhat Mursi al-Sayid Umar (AKA Abu Khabab al-Masri) was killed in a U.S. raid in the Afghanistan-Pakistan region.
- Amjad Video Features Training Footage of HTS’ Elite “Red Bands” Military Camp
Amjad Media, the visual media arm of Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS), released a video showing the military camp of the group’s “highly trained” forces called the “Red Bands,” glorifying the HTS fighters as those who do not betray the blood of the fallen by submitting to agreements and negotiations with the enemy.
- Shabaab Claims Killing 11 Kenyan Soldiers in Lamu County, Somali Soldier in Lower Shabelle
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement claimed assassinating a Somali soldier in its home base of Somalia and killing 11 Kenyan forces in Lamu County in neighboring Kenya.
- IS' Khorasan Provinces Publishes Photos from "Abu Ubaydah bin al-Jarrah" Training Camp in Nangarhar
The Islamic State's (IS) Khorasan Province published photos from its "Abu Ubaydah bin al-Jarrah" training camp in Nangarhar in eastern Afghanistan.
- Pro-IS Jundul Khilafah Kashmir Clarifies "Official" Channels, Rejects Claims in its Name Appearing Elsewhere
The pro-Islamic State (IS) Jundul Khilafah Kashmir clarified which are its "official" channels and rejected claims in its name that have appeared elsewhere.
- IS-linked Group Reminds of Vehicles as Attack Method
The Islamic State (IS)-linked group behind the recent bio-terror incitement video and propaganda posters reminded that vehicles also serve as an attack method.
- Pro-AQ Hurras al-Deen Claims Offensive on Syrian Military Positions in Hama, Publishes Photos of Attack
The al-Qaeda (AQ)-aligned Hurras al-Deen claimed an offensive on Syrian military positions in the town of Jurin in Syria's Hama governorate and published photos of the attack.
- IS' 'Amaq Releases Video of Alleged Former AQAP Fighter who Joined Group in Yemen
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency released a video of an alleged former al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) fighter who joined the group and who criticized the AQ branch for cooperating with the Yemeni army.
- Pro-IS Group Warns of Attacks with Poster of New York City's Times Square
A pro-Islamic State (IS) group warned of attacks with a poster showing New York City's Times Square and the now-deceased IS fighter Mohammed Emwazi (AKA "Jihadi John").
- Jihadi Group Releases Documentary on Albanian Snipers in Syria
A jihadi media group released a documentary on Albanian snipers in Syria, covering their role in the battles and the weapons they utilize, and featuring training and operation footage.
- IS' Khorasan Province Claims Suicide Bombing at Afghan Intel and Army Checkpoint in Nangarhar
The Islamic State's (IS) Khorasan Province claimed killing and wounding 10 enemy elements in a suicide bombing at a checkpoint for the Afghan intelligence and army in Nangarhar.
- AQAP Explains Position on Conflict with IS in Yemen
After the Islamic State (IS) released videos accusing al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) of unjustly attacking its positions in the Qifa area in Yemen's al-Bayda' governorate, and charging that it cooperated with the Yemeni army, AQAP explained its positions on the conflict.
- IS' Khorasan Province Issues Formal Communique for 2-Man Suicide Raid at Shi'ite Mosque in Paktia
The Islamic State's (IS) Khorasan Province issued a formal communique for the two-man suicide at a Shi'ite mosque in Paktia, Afghanistan.
- Shabaab Claims Suicide Bombing at SNA Checkpoint in Afgoye, Executing Captive Soldiers in Lower Juba
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, claimed killing and wounding 10 soldiers from the Somali National Army (SNA) in Afgoye, in addition to eight other operations and the execution of captive Somali soldiers elsewhere in the country.
- Afghan Taliban Claims 15 American Casualties in Suicide Bombing in Parwan
The Afghan Taliban claimed inflicting casualties among 15 U.S. soldiers in a suicide bombing in Afghanistan's Parwan province.
- 'Amaq Reports IS' Responsibility for Suicide Attack at Shi'ite Mosque in Paktia
'Amaq News Agency reported that the Islamic State (IS) is responsible for the suicide attack at a Shi'ite mosque in Paktia in eastern Afghanistan.
- AQAP Claims Car Bombing on UAE-backed Forces in Abyan
Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) claimed credit for the car bombing on UAE-backed Security Belt Forces (SBF) in Yemen's Abyan governorate.
- 'Amaq Reports IS Fighters Attacking Indian Police at Lal Chowk in Kashmir
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported that the group is responsibile for an attack on Indian police in Kashmir.
- Afghan Taliban Invites Citizens Displaced from Jowzjan Due to IS to Return
After announcing its defeat of the Islamic State's (IS) Khorasan Province in Jowzjan, Afghanistan, the Afghan Taliban invited displaced citizens to return and assured them of safety and a "dignified life".
- Afghan Taliban Claims Killing 5 U.S. Soldiers in Mine Blast in Bagram
The Afghan Taliban claimed killing five American soldiers in a mine blast on their armored vehicle in Bagram district in Afghanistan's Parwan province.
- Now Using "Province" for Somalia, IS Claims Attacks on Security Forces in Mogadishu and Lower Shabelle
Now using the "province" designation for Somalia, the Islamic State (IS) claimed credit for attacks on security forces in the capital, Mogadishu, and Lower Shabelle.
- IS-linked Group Publishes Infographic for Preparing Biological Weapon
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group published an infographic for preparing a biological weapon and suggesting how and where to deploy it.
- AQ's Mali Branch Reportedly Claims Blast on Malian Army Vehicle, Source "Close" to Group Denies Reports of Leader Deaths
The Mali-based al-Qaeda (AQ) branch, Nusrat al-Islam wal Muslimeen (NIM), reportedly claimed credit for a landmine explosion on a Malian army vehicle, while a source "close" to the group denied the killing of two leaders in Libya.
- AQAP Claims Wounding UAE-backed Commander, Killing 4 in Abyan's al-Mahfad District
Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) claimed wounding a commander in the UAE-backed Rapid Intervention Forces and killing four of his escorts in al-Mahfad district in Yemen's Abyan governorate.
- AQ Leader Zawahiri Rallies Fighters and Muslims in East Africa to Establish a "Foundation for Islam and Jihad," Integrate into Global War
Al-Qaeda (AQ) leader Ayman al-Zawahiri rallied fighters and Muslim civilians alike in East Africa to establish a "foundation for Islam and jihad" and integrate into the global war being waged against the United States and Israel and their allies.
- IS' al-Hayat Media Releases 1st Episode in Statistical Breakdown of IS Operations (July 26-August 1)
The Islamic State (IS) released the first episode in a video series providing statistical breakdowns of IS operations, covering in this installment the week of July 26 - August 1, 2018.
- Two Groups and Scholars Announce Their Joining Syria-based AQ-Aligned Hurras al-Deen
Two groups and Islamic scholars announced their joining the Syria-based al-Qaeda (AQ)-aligned Hurras al-Deen.
- Afghan Taliban Claims Killing 3 U.S. Soldiers During Clashes in Herat
The Afghan Taliban claimed killing 3 U.S. soldiers during clashes in Shindand district in Afghanistan's Herat province.
- IS-linked Group Depicts Assassination of U.S. President Donald Trump
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group depicted U.S. President Donald Trump assassinated by gunshot.