- Egypt-focused Jihadi Group Demands Sisi's Overthrow After Execution of Nine Men
A nascent Egypt-focused jihadi media group demanded Egyptian youth rise up and overthrow President Abdul Fattah al-Sisi after the government's recent execution of nine men.
- Wife of IS Fighter in Syria Claims Women Ordered to Leave Baghuz in Media Interview
An alleged wife of an Islamic State (IS) fighter in Syria claimed that women had been ordered to leave Islamic State (IS) territory in Baghuz to allow their husbands to focus on fighting in a recent interview with the UAE-based Akhbar al-Aan media outlet.
- IS' West Africa Province Claims Attacks to Disrupt Nigerian Elections, Killing Over 21 in Clashes and Rocket Strikes
In what it described as an attempt to disrupt the Nigerian elections, the Islamic State's West Africa Province (ISWAP) claimed attacks near Monguno and in Maiduguri, killing at least 21 soldiers.
- ‘Amaq Video Shows ISWAP Rocket Attacks on Maiduguri Airport & Nigerian Army Positions
The Islamic State's 'Amaq News Agency released a short video of the rocket attack by fighters from the group's West Africa Province (ISWAP) on Maiduguri Airport & Nigerian Army positions in Borno State.
- IS West Africa Claims Targeting Maiduguri Airport & Nigerian Army Positions in Rocket Attacks During Nigerian Elections
The Islamic State's West Africa Province (ISWAP) claimed targeting Maiduguri Airport and Nigerian Army positions in rocket attacks, in Nigeria’s Borno State, notably taking place during the Nigerian elections.
- Shabaab Boasts Success in its Guerrilla War Against Enemy Forces, Claims Attacks on AMISOM and Somali Troops in 3 Regions
A media unit for the Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement boasted of the success of the al-Qaeda (AQ) branch in its guerrilla war against enemy forces, and reported attacks on AMISOM and Somali troops in three Somali regions on the same day.
- AQAP Video Documents on Attacks on SBF, Shabwani Elite, and Houthis in 3 Yemeni Governorates
Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) released a video documenting its attacks in Yemen on Houthi fighters in al-Bayda', Security Belt Forces (SBF) in Abyan, and the Shabwani Elite in Shabwa.
- Afghan Taliban Explains Non-Participation in U.S. Negotiations by Political Chief, Demands UNSC Blacklist be Dropped
The Afghan Taliban explained the reason why Mullah Baradar Akhund, its Political Chief, is not participating in negotiations with the U.S. in Qatar, and also demanded that the United Nations Security Council blacklist, on which its members are named, be dropped.
- Afghan Taliban Charges U.S. CENTCOM Commander with "Exaggerating" IS Threat from Afghanistan
The Afghan Taliban charged General Joseph Votel, commander of U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM), with "exaggerating" the threat posed to America by the Islamic State's Khorasan Province (ISKP) from Afghanistan.
- Prominent IS Supporter Suggests Attacks on London Landmarks in Repopulation of Tactical Manual Repository
A prominent Islamic State (IS) supporter suggested attacks on various London landmarks upon repopulating his recently-suspended tactical manual repository.
- 'Amaq Video Shows IS Bombing AQAP Vehicle in al-Bayda'
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency released a brief video of bombing a vehicle belonging to al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), in al-Bayda' governorate in Yemen.
- Shabaab Claims Car Bombing on Joint U.S.-Somali Convoy Near Afgoye, Taking Control Over Large Swath of Bal'ad City
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement claimed a car bombing on a joint U.S.-Somali military convoy near Afgoye, in Somalia's Lower Shabelle region, and reported its taking control over a large swath of Bal'ad, a city in Middle Shabelle.
- Depicting U.S. Capitol Building in Flames and Multiple Methods of Attack, IS-aligned Group Incites for Attacks
An Islamic State (IS)-aligned group published incitement posters depicting the U.S. Capitol Building in flames and multiple methods of attack, including arson, poison, explosives, and knives.
- IS-aligned Group Repeatedly Incites for Lone-Wolf Attacks in West in Multilingual Poster
Over a three-month period, an Islamic State (IS)-aligned group has repeatedly incited supporters to carry out lone-wolf attacks in the West, giving this message in a poster in seven languages.
- Shabaab Claims Killing 9 Ethiopian Soldiers, Wounding 20 Others in Double Bombing in Bardhere
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, claimed killing nine Ethiopian soldiers and wounding 20 others in a double bombing in Bardhere, a city in Gedo region.
- Afghan Taliban Vows Revenge on U.S.-Afghan Centers for Destruction of Historic Religious School in Kapisa
The Afghan Taliban vowed revenge against the U.S. and its Afghan partners for the destruction of a historic religious school in Kapisa, directing its fighters to mount "massive and brutal" strikes on their centers.
- IS-aligned Group Portrays Marseille Knife Attack as IS Inspired
An Islamic State (IS)-aligned group portrayed the knife attack in Marseille, France, as IS inspired and warned of additional strikes.
Muntasir Media published a poster on Telegram on February 19, 2019, the same day as a man wounded three people with a knife in the city's Canebière area, showing media photos of the aftermath, and Arabic, English, and French text reading:
Your Results And we have more insha-allah
Die in your rage!
- IS-linked Group Encourages Supporters in Video to Hold Firm, Join Training Camps in Iraq
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group released a video encouraging supporters to hold firm despite apparent losses, and urged them to join training camps in Iraq.
- Afghan Taliban Video Documents Nighttime Operations Recorded with Night Vision
The Afghan Taliban released a video documenting its nighttime operations recorded with night vision equipment.
- IS Claims Killing 20 Egyptian Soldiers in Raid Near Arish Airport, Publishes Photos of Attack and Aftermath
The Islamic State's Sinai Province claimed killing 20 Egyptian soldiers in a raid on their barracks near the Arish airport, and published photos of the attack and its aftermath.
- Malhama Tactical Group Claims Training HTS Fighters with Submachine Guns
Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS) released a photo report featuring its fighters being trained with submachine guns by a Syria-based instructor group.
- IS Supporters Distribute and Update Lone-Wolf Suggestions Involving Poison, Oil Slicks, and Bomb Threats
Islamic State (IS) supporters distributed and updated a set of suggestions to lone wolves involving poison, oil slicks, and bomb threats.
- Photo Report of HTS Fighters Training in Submachine Guns
Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS) released a photo report featuring its fighters being trained with submachine guns by a Syria-based instructor group.
- Shabaab Elaborates on Motivation for Baledogle Airfield Attack, Claims 17 Casualties Among Djiboutian Forces in Jalalaqsi
Two days after it reported to have killed three American soldiers in an attack on Baledogle Airfield, the Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement elaborated upon its motivations for the strike, and among other reports, claimed killing and wounding 17 Djiboutian forces in a single operation, in Jalalaqsi.
- Balochistan-based Ansar al-Furqan Releases Video of Fighter Training
Ansar al-Furqan, a Balochistan-based Sunni jihadi group, released a video of its fighters training with rifles and attending a lecture on the weapon.
- JNIM Claims Attacks on MSA and GATIA Elements in Talataye, Provides Photo of Timbuktu Suicide Bomber
Jama'at Nusrat al-Islam wal Muslimeen (JNIM), al-Qaeda's branch in Mali, claimed bombing a vehicle belonging to the Movement for the Salvation of Azawad (MSA) in Talataye, and provided a picture of the suicide bomber who attacked a French patrol in Timbuktu.
- Syria-Based Jihadi Training Video of Mock Assault
A Hay'at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS)-linked Syria-based Jihadi training group published a video of fighters participating in a mock assault on an enemy position.
- Afghan Taliban Clarifies Delay in Islamabad Meeting with U.S.
The Afghan Taliban clarified the reason behind the delay in its meeting an American delegation in Islamabad, Pakistan.
- IS-aligned Media Unit Defends Group Against Opponents in English/Spanish-Subtitled Video
The Islamic State (IS)-aligned Muntasir Media released a video with English- and Spanish-subtitled defending the group and its ideology against its opponents.
- IS’ West Africa Province Claims Attacks in Niger and Nigeria
The Islamic State’s West Africa Province (ISWAP) claimed responsibility for an attack on a barracks in Niger and an attack on vehicles of the Nigerian army near Lake Chad.
- IS-aligned News Unit Advises Caution of Spyware from Self-Professed Supporters
An Islamic State (IS)-aligned news unit advised supporters to be cautious of downloading and opening files from unknown users professing to back the group, warning they may contain spyware.
- JNIM Claims Suicide Bombing on French Patrol in Timbuktu, Attacks on Malian Security Forces and MSA and GATIA Members
Jama'at Nusrat al-Islam wal Muslimeen (JNIM), al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Mali, claimed a suicide bombing on a French military patrol in Timbuktu and criticized alleged attempts by France to hide its losses, and additional took credit for attacks on Malian security forces and members of the MSA and GATIA movements.
- IS Claims Killing 2 Filipino Soldiers in Clash in Igasan (Sulu)
The Islamic State (IS) claimed killing two Filipino soldiers amidst a clash in Igasan barangay in Sulu, Philippines.
- IS' West Africa Province Reports Attack and Ensuing Clash with Nigerian Soldiers in Gagibu (Borno)
The Islamic State's (IS) West Africa Province claimed inflicting multiple casualties among Nigerian soldiers in an attack and ensuing clash in Gagibu, in Borno State.
- Shabaab Claims Killing 3 U.S. Soldiers in Shelling of U.S. Base in Baledogle Airfield, Attacks on Somali Soldiers in Lower Shabelle
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, claimed shelling an American base inside Baledogle Airfield in Lower Shabelle, killing three U.S. soldiers and five Somali Special Forces, and took credit for attacks on Somali soldiers elsewhere in the region.
- IS Supporter Calls to Kill Chinese in Defense of Islam and Uyghurs
A Kashmir-focused Islamic State (IS) supporter called on lone wolves to kill Chinese in defense of Islam and Uyghurs.
- Video of Syria-Based Uyghur Fighters Training to Fight Chinese Government
A video from a Syria-based Uyghur jihadi group depicted fighters training with a Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS)-linked military instruction group “to fight against the Chinese tyrant regime.”
- Shabaab Claims Shelling U.S. Base in Baledogle Airfield, Attacks on Somali Soldiers in Lower Shabelle
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, claimed shelling an American base inside Baledogle Airfield in Lower Shabelle and attacks on Somali soldiers elsewhere in the region.
- HTS Video of Operations against Criminal Cells
Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS) published a video highlighting its recent operations against criminal cells, including footage of a British aid worker.
- IS-aligned Group Uses Image of Los Angeles Skyline to Threaten Attacks
An Islamic State (IS)-aligned group used an image of the Los Angeles skyline to threaten attacks in the United States and the West.
- IS Supporter Chastises Keyboard Warriors, Calls to Physically "Punish Crusaders"
An Islamic State (IS) supporter chastised keyboard warriors, those who make threats behind their computers and speak of war without participating in it, urging they act upon their words on social media and physically "punish the Crusaders".
- IS-Linked Manual and Incitement Outlets Resurface on Telegram
Prominent pro-Islamic State (IS) outlets, purposed for providing attack manuals and incitements, resurfaced on Telegram amid frequent account removals.
- Videos and Photos of Syria-Based Jihadi Group’s PKM, Tactical Training Courses
A Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS)-linked jihadi training group released videos and photos of its PKM and tactical training courses.
- IS-aligned Muhajireen Foundation Gives Biography of Alleged British Blogger, IS Media Member
The foreign fighter-centric Muhajideen Foundation, an Islamic State (IS)-aligned group, published a biography of an alleged British blogger who worked in the IS' media department.
- Depicting Post Apocalyptic City, IS-aligned Group Warns U.S. of Coming Attacks
Showing the ruins of a city, an Islamic State (IS)-aligned group warned the U.S. of coming attacks and declared "the meeting is at Rome, O servants of the cross".
- IS' West Africa Province Claims Killing 42 in Ambush on Borno Governor's Convoy
The Islamic State's West Africa Province claimed killing 42 people in an ambush on the convoy of Kashim Shettima, the governor of Nigeria's Borno state.
- Assuring IS Will Remain Despite Losing Territory, ACCA Compares to Hitler's Defeat
In assuring the West that the Islamic State (IS) will remain despite losing its territory, an IS-linked group drew a comparison between the defeat of Adolf Hitler in WW2 and the ongoing battle with the international coalition.
- Shabaab Claims Destroying Safaricom Post in Garissa (Kenya), Assassination Attempt on South West State of Somalia MP
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement claimed credit for the assassination attempt in Mogadishu on an MP of the South West State of Somalia, and destroying a post of the telecommunications company Safaricom in Garissa County, in neighboring Kenya.
- IS' West Africa Province Claims Attack on Nigerian Army Post Near Monguno
The Islamic State's West Africa Province (ISWAP) claimed an attack on a Nigerian army post near Monguno, in Borno state.
- Jaysh al-Adl Claims Credit for Bombing on IRGC Bus in Iran
The Iran-based Jaysh al-Adl (Army of Justice) claimed credit for the bombing on a bus carrying Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) personnel along the Khash-Zahedan road.
- Afghan Taliban Announces Next Two Rounds of Negotiations with the U.S.
After identifying the members of its new team for negotiations with the United States, including former Guantanamo inmates, the Afghan Taliban announced the next two rounds of talks, one in Doha and the other in Islamabad.
- AQIM Highlights Proposed School Prayer Ban in Algeria, Shuttering of Qur'an School in Tunisia in Appeal to Religious Muslims
In an appeal to religious Muslims in Algeria and Tunisia, al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) highlighted the recent school prayer ban proposal in the former and the Qur'an school shuttering in the latter, and urged them to raise their voice against the governing "criminals".
- Graphic from IS-Linked Group Incites Attacks in Paris
An Islamic State (IS/ISIS)-linked media group disseminated a poster urging lone wolf attacks in Paris, France.
- AQAP Claims Bombing Houthis and Rescue Vehicle, IED Blast on IS Fighters in al-Bayda'
Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) claimed bombing Houthis and their rescue vehicle, and also detonating another explosive to target Islamic State (IS) fighters, both in Yemen's al-Bayda' governorate.
- Video of HTS-Linked Albanian Fighters Targeting SAA Soldiers in Latakia
A video from a Syria-based Albanian militant group shows fighters targeting SAA soldiers in Jabal al-Akrad, Latakia governorate, with artillery and gunfire.
- Afghan Taliban Includes Former Gitmo Prisoners Swapped for Bergdahl, Incarcerated Haqqani Brother as Members of Negotiation Team
The Afghan Taliban announced the names of the 14-member team to negotiate with the United States, including the five Guantanamo inmates swapped for captive American soldier Bowe Bergdahl in June 2014, and an imprisoned son of the Haqqani Network founder.
- Shabaab Charges U.S. with Taking Revenge on Civilians for Failed Raid, Claims American Disregard for Lives Strengthens its Jihadi Call
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement accused the U.S. of bombing a residential area in revenge for its failed raid in Lower Shabelle, and claimed that such disregard for civilians only strengthens the jihadi call.
- IS Claims Suicide Bombing by Uzbek Fighter in Baghouz
The Islamic State (IS) claimed a suicide bombing by an Uzbek fighter in Baghouz, targeting SDF troops.
- IS' West Africa Province Claims Killing 3 Nigerian Soldiers, Taking 3 POWs in Attack in Buni Gari (Yobe)
The Islamic State's West Africa Province (ISWAP) claimed killing three Nigerian soldiers and capturing three others as POWs, in an attack in Buni Gari, a town in Yobe state.
- IS-linked Group Depicts Strike on White House and Colosseum in Threatening to "Demolish Thrones"
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group depicted an artillery strike on the White House, Colosseum, and pyramids in a poster threatening to "demolish thrones".
- Afghan Taliban Claims Killing 12 American Soldiers in "Tactical Operation" in Uruzgan
The Afghan Taliban claimed killing 12 American and a "large number" of Afghan soldiers in what it described as a "tactical operation" in Uruzgan province.
- IS Supporters Distribute Tip for Breaking Car Windows of Potential Victims
Islamic State (IS) supporters distributed a tip for breaking the car windows of potential victims of lone-wolf attacks.
- Shabaab Claims Thwarting Joint U.S.-Somalia Raid in Janale, Concentrates Operations in Lower Shabelle in 24 Hours
During its operations concentrated in Somalia's Lower Shabelle region, the Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement claimed thwarting a joint raid by U.S. Special Forces and Somali troops.
- As IS Defends Last Vestige of "Caliphate" in Syria, Group Highlights Civilian Casualties in Coalition Strikes
As the Islamic State (IS) defends the last vestige of its "Caliphate" in Syria, reporting ground attacks against the SDF in Baghouz, it has highlighted the civilian casualties resulting from coalition strikes on the town.
- IS' West Africa Province Claims Multiple Casualties in Nigerian Army Ranks in Attacks in Ngwom and Malam Fatori
The Islamic State's West Africa Province (ISWAP) claimed inflicting multiple casualties in the Nigerian army ranks in two attacks on the same day in Ngwom and Malam Fatori, both towns in Borno state.
- Amidst SDF Offensive on Baghouz, IS Claims Double Suicide Bombing with VBIEDs
As the U.S.-backed Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) mount their offensive against Baghouz, the last town held by the Islamic State (IS), the group claimed a double suicide bombing on the troops, amidst its own push.
- Shaabaab Releases 2nd Episode in Video Series on Assassinations and Bombings, Shows Blast on U.S. Vehicle in Lower Shabelle
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement released the second episode in a video series documenting the assassinations and bombings executed by its "Muhammad bin Maslama Battalion," including a blast on an American vehicle in Somalia's Lower Shabelle region.
- IS-aligned Persian Group Releases Video of Attacks by IS Supporters in Ahvaz and Balochistan
An Islamic State (IS)-aligned group released a video of attacks by IS supporters in Sheyban a town in Ahvaz, Iran, and in Balochistan, including the May 2018 strike on Basij forces.
- Al-Qaeda Condemns Papal Mass in UAE, Calls Muslims in Arabian Peninsula to Embrace Jihad and Support AQAP and Shabaab
Al-Qaeda (AQ) condemned the historic papal mass in Abu Dhabi, in the United Arab Emirates, considering it a manifestation of of the shame into which leaders plunged Muslims, and called on Muslims in the entire Arabian Peninsula to embrace jihad and seek help from and lend support to AQAP and the Shabaab in Somalia.
- Shabaab Media Unit Notes Escalation in Attacks on SNA and AMISOM Forces, Claims 7 Attacks in 5 Days
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, claimed seven attacks in a five-day period, one of them a bombing in which a brigade commander was killed, while its media unit noted an overall escalation in strikes on Somali and AMISOM forces.
- In Second Attack in Malam Fatori in 6 Days, IS' West Africa Province Claims Multiple Casualties Among Nigerian Soldiers
In its second attack in Malam Fatori, a town in Nigeria's Borno State, in six days, the Islamic State's West Africa Province (ISWAP) claimed inflicting multiple casualties among Nigerian soldiers.
- AQ-Aligned Coalition Claims 205 Killed in 50 Operations in Four Month Period
“Incite the Believers Operations Room,” a Syria-based al-Qaeda (AQ) aligned coalition group, released an infographic highlighting special operations over four months in Aleppo, Idlib, Hama, and Latakia.
- IS Supporters Spread Suggestions to Poison "Disbelievers" at Large Gatherings
Islamic State (IS) supporters distributed a set of suggestions for ways lone wolves can poison "disbelievers" at large gatherings.
- Syria-Based Jihadi Training Group Instructs HTS’ Elite Forces
Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS)-linked jihadi instructor group advertised training HTS’ “Red Bands” and posted a recruitment message for an English-language tactical course.
- IS' West Africa Province Claims Attack on Nigerian Soldiers in Malum Konari
The Islamic State's West Africa Province (ISWAP) claimed an attack on Nigerian soldiers in Malum Konari, in Borno State.
- Jihadist Suggests Attacks on Tourists, Religious Temples in Dubai
To take advantage of "white-collar recession" in Dubai, and to "avenge" Muslims, a jihadist suggested attacks on tourists and churches, synagogues, and Buddhist temples in the Emirati city.
"Abdul Latif," a user on the Deep Web pro-Islamic State (IS) forum al-Minbar Jihadi Media, posted a message on January 31, 2019, asking fellow jihadists "what is the Arab state that spends the most money to fight Islam and Muslims," which was answered by another user to be the United Arab Emirates.
In a subsequent post, Abdul Latif explained that Dubai in particular is suffering an economic downturn at all levels, and posted a link to a YouTube video about the possibility of Dubai facing a crisis. He wrote:
As the economy of the country is staggering, and in revenge for Muslims... What we need is the killing of some tourists in several malls, the bombing of some churches and temples of Jews and Buddhists, and other targets that have a global impact.
- IS' Naba Identifies 363 Casualties in 69 Attacks in Statistical Breakdown of Ops (Jan 24-30)
The Islamic State's (IS) al-Naba newspaper featured an infographic identifying 363 casualties in 69 attacks, in a statistical breakdown of IS operations for the week of January 24-30, 2019.
- Shabaab Claims Suicide Bombing on Ethiopian Forces in Gedo, 25 Casualties Among Kenyan Troops in Blasts in Lower Juba
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, claimed a suicide bombing on Ethiopian forces in Gedo region, and inflicting 25 casualties among Kenyan troops in two blasts in Lower Juba.
- JNIM Claims Raid on Burkinabe Anti-Terror Unit in Nasombo, Capturing Large Quantity of Weapons and Ammunition
Jama'at Nusrat al-Islam wal Muslimeen (JNIM), al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Mali, claimed a raid on an anti-terror unit post in neighboring Burkina Faso, killing four elements and capturing a large quantity of weapons and ammunition.
- JNIM Claims 10 Casualties Among Burkinabe Soldiers in Raid in Kompienbiga
Just two days after its raid on an anti-terror unit post in Burkina Faso, Jama'at Nusrat al-Islam wal Muslimeen (JNIM) claimed another attack in the country, storming a Burkinabe army center in Kompienbiga.
- IS' West Africa Province Claims Bombing Nigerian Convoy, Striking Post in Borno
The Islamic State's West Africa Province (ISWAP) claimed two attacks on Nigerian soldiers that took place within 24-hours in Borno State, one involving the bombing of a convoy, and the other a strike on a post.
- In IS Video Presenting Slain Fighters in Somalia, Somali-Canadian Doctor Calls for Medical Professionals to Join Group
The Islamic State (IS) released a video from its "Somalia Province" on slain fighters, featuring a posthumous clip of an English-speaking Somali-Canadian doctor calling for medical professionals to travel to and join the group.
- AQ-aligned Group Releases Video of Deploying Fighters to the Lattakia Coast and al-Ghab Plain
The al-Qaeda (AQ)-aligned Hurras al-Deen, a Syria-based group active within the 'Incite the Believers' Operations Room, released a video of fighters deployed to the battle fronts in the Lattakia coast and al-Ghab Plain in Hama.
- IS Video Shows Attacks on Iraqi and Kurdish Forces and Militiamen in Kirkuk, Raid in 'Allas Oilfield
The Islamic State (IS) released a video documenting a variety of attacks on positions and vehicles of the Iraqi army, Kurdish Peshmerga, Popular Mobilization, and Tribal Mobilization in Kirkuk, including a raid in the 'Allas oilfield.
- AQ-aligned Coalition in Syria Releases Video on November 2018 Suicide Attack Behind Enemy Lines in Jubb al-Ahmar
The al-Qaeda (AQ)-aligned jihadi coalition the 'Incite the Believers' Operations Room released a video focusing on its November 27, 2018, suicide attack behind enemy lines in Jubb al-Ahmar.
- AQ Leader Zawahiri Reiterates Arab Spring Failed, "Salvation" Comes Through Unity and Echoing Fighters' Cause
Again dismissing the results of the Arab Spring, al-Qaeda (AQ) leader Ayman al-Zawahiri portrayed true "salvation" as Muslims rallying around fighters and uniting together in echoing their demand for Shariah-based governance.
- IS' West Africa Province Claims Multiple Casualties in Attack on Nigerian Soldiers in Malam Fatori
As a result of an attack on Nigerian soldiers in Malam Fatori, the Islamic State's West Africa Province (ISWAP) claimed multiple casualties in the enemy ranks.
- IS Claims 23 Casualties Among Filipino Soldiers in Clash in Sulu
The Islamic State (IS) claimed inflicting 23 casualties among Filipino soldiers in a clash in Patikul municipality, in Sulu province of the Philippines.
- Shabaab Claims Assassination of DP World Company Manager in Bosaso, Blast in Mogadishu on Security Officials
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement claimed credit for the assassination of a manager for the UAE-based DP World Company in the port city of Bosaso, and blast in Mogadishu's Hamar Weyne district, targeting security officials.
- Hezbollah Brigades in Iraq Spokesman Says U.S. Forces are "Legitimate Targets" in Response to Trump Planning to Keep Troops in Country to Monitor Iran
Ja'afar al-Husseini, the military spokesman for the Shi'ite militant faction Hezbollah Brigades in Iraq, declared that American forces are "legitimate targets," in response to U.S. President Donald Trump remarking that he will keep troops in Iraq to monitor Iran.
- Pro-IS Group Gives Biography of Alleged Belgian Blogger, Recruiter
A foreign fighter-centric pro-Islamic State (IS) group gave a biography for an alleged Belgian blogger and recruiter. Al-Muhajireen Foundation posted the biography of "Abu Ayyub al-Beljiki" on Telegram on February 4, 2019.
- 'Amaq Reports IS Responsibility for Attack on Egyptian Security Checkpoint in Egypt's New Valley Governorate
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported that group fighters are responsible for the attack on an Egyptian security checkpoint in El Wadi El Gedid [New Valley] governorate in southern Egypt.
- Afghan Taliban Confirms at Moscow Conference Negotiations with U.S. Not to Allow Afghanistan to Harbor Global Terrorists
The Afghan Taliban published the English transcript of the speech delivered by its delegation at the Moscow conference on Afghanistan, wherein it confirmed negotiations with the U.S. not to allow the country to be "used against others," referring to the harboring of global terrorists and allowing them to operate training camps.
- JNIM Claims Attack on Burkinabe Security Forces in Yagha (Burkina Faso)
The Mali-based al-Qaeda (AQ) branch, Jama'at Nusrat al-Islam wal Muslimeen (JNIM), claimed an attack in neighboring Burkina Faso on Burkinabe security forces in Yagha province.
- IS' West Africa Province Claims Inflicting 30 Deaths in Nigerian Army Ranks in Clash in Logomani
The Islamic State's Nigeria-based branch, West Africa Province (ISWAP), claimed inflicting 30 deaths in the Nigerian army ranks in a clash in Logomani, in Borno State.
- IS Issues Formal Communique for Philippines Church Bombing
The Islamic State's (IS) "East Asia Province" issued a formal communique for the dual suicide bombing at a Church in Jolo, in Sulu province of the Philippines, shortly after its 'Amaq News Agency reported its responsibility.
- 2nd Episode of AQAP's "Demolishing of the Espionage" Series Explores Recruitment of Spies, Features Alleged Audio of U.S. Intel Agent
Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) released the second episode in its "Demolishing of the Espionage" series, exploring in it the recruitment of spies through blackmail and intimidation, and featuring an alleged audio conversation between a U.S. intelligence agent and a recruit.
- Afghan Taliban Notes "Progress" in Talks with U.S. Over Foreign Troop Withdrawal
Afghan Taliban spokesman Zabihullah noted "progress" in talks with the United States over foreign troop withdrawal, as the current round of negotiations has come to an end.
- Shabaab Claims Killing 19 Somali Soldiers in Single Bombing in Lower Juba
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, claimed killing 19 Somali soldiers in a single bombing in Lower Juba region, in addition to inflicting casualties among other Somali troops as well as AMISOM forces in Bay, Hiran, and Lower Shabelle.
- IS Claims Killing Over 30 Philippine Soldiers in Clashes in Lanao del Sur
The Islamic State (IS) claimed killing more than 30 Philippine soldiers in clashes in Lanao del Sur, in the first instance of an attack by the group in the Philippines in 2019.