- TTP Issues "Operational Manual" for its Fighters
Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) issued an "operational manual" for its fighters, wherein it delineates the code of conduct by they must avoid, legitimate targets for conventional and suicide attacks, and seizing of war spoils.
- IS Video Shows Operation Against "PKK" Near Hajin, Fighters Celebrating Victory in City Streets
The Islamic State (IS) released a video showing its operations against "PKK" forces in Syria's Deir al-Zour governorate, including an raid on their positions in the perimeter of Hajin, and then fighters celebrating their victory in city streets to the cheers of onlookers.
- Pro-IS Group Gives Biography of Alleged American Cameraman from Michigan
A foreign fighter-centric pro-Islamic State (IS) group published a biography of an alleged American from Michigan who served as an IS cameraman in its battles in Syria.
- IS Supporters Distribute Incitement for "Martyrdom" through Lone-Wolf Attacks in West, Give Ideas
Islamic State (IS) supporters distributed a message inciting for "martyrdom" through lone-wolf attacks in the West and giving ideas.
- Filipino IS Operative Declares Battle Continues, Threatens U.S., Australia, China, and India
A message attributed to a Filipino Islamic State (IS) operative who reported on events in Marawi in the past, declared that fighting in the Philippines is not over, and threatened revenge against America, Australia, Israel, and China.
- Depicting Pope Francis and an Armed Fighter, IS-linked Group Warns "Slaves of the Cross"
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group depicted Pope Francis and an armed fighter to warn the "slaves of the Cross".
- Shabaab Claims Bombings and Shootings on AMISOM, Kenyan, and Somali Forces in Central and Southern Somalia
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, claimed bombings and shootings on AMISOM, Kenyan, and Somali forces in the center and south of the country.
- JNIM Deputy Leader Warns MOC Members to Repent or Be Killed
Yahya Abu al-Hammam, the deputy leader of al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Mali, Jama'at Nusrat al-Islam wal Muslimeen (JNIM), warned members of the Mécanisme Opérationnel de Coordination (MOC) to repent and leave their service or be pursued by fighters and killed.
- TIP Launches News Report Video Series Covering Events Relevant to Muslims and Jihad
The Turkistan Islamic Party (TIP) launched a new report video series concerning events relevant to Muslims and jihad in a number of countries including Afghanistan, China, Somalia, and Syria.
- Regarding Assassination Attempt on Top U.S. Commander, Afghan Taliban Remarks on Countrymen Giving Their Lives for Him
The Afghan Taliban remarked that Afghan generals and "loyalists" are responsible for saving the top U.S. commander in Afghanistan, General Scott Miller, from the recent assassination attempt in Kandahar.
- IS-linked Group Incites to "Terrorize" Western States in Blood-Spattered Poster
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group incited supporters to "terrorize" Western states in a blood-spattered poster.
- Jihadi Coalition Involving Pro-AQ Hussas al-Deen Photographs Artillery Attack on Enemy Villages in Hama
A jihadi coalition in Syria called "'And Incite the Believers' Operations Room, which involves the pro- al-Qaeda (AQ) Hurras al-Deen, photographed an artillery attack on villages adjacent to Jurin in Syria's Hama governorate.
- IS Video Shows Operations in Northern Iraq, Attack on Tribal Militiamen at Soccer Game
The Dijlah division of the Islamic State's (IS) Iraq Province released a video of its operations against tribal militiamen in northern Iraq, including one attack during a soccer game.
- IS Supporters in Kashmir (ISJK) Launches Newsletter Featuring Articles by Alleged Fighters
Jihadists professing membership in what they call Islamic State Jammu and Kashmir (ISJK), or Jundul Khilafah Kashmir, launched a newsletter featuring articles by alleged fighters.
- IS' Khorasan Province Issues Formal Communique for Election Day Attacks in Kabul and Nangarhar
The Islamic State's Khorasan Province (ISKP) issued a formal communique for its election day attacks in the Kabul and Nangarhar areas in Afghanistan.
- Pro-IS Khattab Media Threatens U.S. Law Enforcement Official Over Arrest of Group Member
The pro-Islamic State (IS) Khattab Media Foundation threatened an American law enforcement official over the arrest of a group member.
- 'Amaq Reports 32 IED Attacks and Suicide Bombing Inflicting 370 Casualties on Election Day in Afghanistan
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported that on October 21, 2018, the day of parliamentary elections in Afghanistan, group fighters disrupted the electoral process in Kabul and Nangarhar with 32 bomb blasts and a suicide bombing.
- Balochistan Jihadist Group Captures Iranian Special Forces and Revolutionary Guards
A Balochistan-based Sunni jihadist group claimed the “arrests” of twelve Iranians from Badr Air Base.
- Pro-IS Group Portrays Hurricane Michael as "Torment" from God, Answer to IS' Supplications
The pro-Islamic State (IS) Ashhad Media Foundation released a video in which it portrayed Hurricane Michael and its devastation to the Florida Panhandle as "torment" from God in response to the IS' supplications.
- HTS Releases Video of Captive IRGC Officer Appealing for Release
The Syria-based Hay'at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS)) released a video of a captive Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) officer appealing for his release.
- 'Amaq Reports IS Attack on Nigerian Soldiers Near Arege
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported that IS fighters attacked Nigerian soldiers near Arege, near Lake Chad, in Borno State.
- Afghan Taliban Claims Downing U.S. Military Helicopter in Logar
The Afghan Taliban claimed downing a U.S. military helicopter in Logar, a province in eastern Afghanistan, killing and wounding "dozens" of Afghan and foreign forces.
- IS Claims Attack on 2 AQAP Positions in al-Bayda'
The Islamic State's Yemen Province (ISYP) claimed attacking two positions held by al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) in the Qifa area in al-Bayda'.
- Afghan Taliban Claims 407 Attacks on Election day, Detaining Civilian Voters
The Afghan Taliban claimed a total of 407 attacks throughout the country on the day of parliamentary elections, and that among its activities, fighters detained 30 civilians seeking to cast ballots.
- 'Amaq Video Shows Dead Children Pulled from Rubble Following Airstrike in Nangarhar
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency released a video showing dead children being pulled from the rubble following what it described as "coalition aircraft bombardment" in Nangarhar, Afghanistan.
- IS-linked Group Reminds of Orlando Nightclub Shooting in Poster Warning of Attacks
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group reminded of the 2016 shooting at the Pulse nightclub in Orlando, Florida, in a poster warning of attacks.
- IS' al-Hayat Identifies 404 Casualties in 118 Attacks in Statistical Breakdown of Ops (October 11-17)
The Islamic State (IS) released the 12th episode in a video series providing statistical breakdowns of IS operations, covering in this installment the week of October 11 - October 17, 2018.
- Following Up on Election Day Threat, Afghan Taliban Claims 166 Attacks and Boasts of Rendering Process in "Shambles"
After warning various strata of Afghan society from participating in the parliamentary elections, and threatening attacks on polling sites and cutting off the routes to them, the Afghan Taliban claimed 166 attacks and boasted of rendering the electoral process in "shambles".
- Pro-IS Group Gives Biography of Alleged Teenage Belgian Sniper
A foreign fighter-centric pro-Islamic State (IS) group gave a biography for an alleged teenage Belgian sniper who was killed in a coalition airstrike in Deir al-Zour.
- HTS Official Spins Khashoggi's Murder and Lack of Saudi Accountability as Call to Arms
An official in the Syria-based Hay'at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS) spun the murder of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi and the seeming refusal of the international community to punish Saudi Arabia as a call to Sunnis to take up arms to defend themselves and their land.
- Afghan Taliban Warns Various Strata of Afghan Society from Participating in Elections
In three statements from different bodies within its organization, the Afghan Taliban warned various strata of Afghan society from participating in the upcoming parliamentary elections, urging they stay home and boycott and not allow their spaces be used for the process.
- Pro-IS Group Gives Biography of Slain American Surgeon from New York
A foreign fighter-centric pro-Islamic State (IS) group gave a biography for an alleged American IS member it identified as a surgeon from New York who treated fighters on the frontlines.
- IS' al-Hayat Identifies 406 Casualties in 103 Attacks in Statistical Breakdown of Ops (October 4-10)
The Islamic State (IS) released the 11th episode in a video series providing statistical breakdowns of IS operations, covering in this installment the week of October 4 - October 10, 2018.
- Video of Former Teacher Turned HTS Suicide Bomber
Abu Salman al-Shami, a former Arabic teacher, narrated a film about why he chose to become a suicide bomber and leave behind his wife and young child.
- Shabaab Claims Bombing 2 Kenyan Military Vehicles in Mandera, Attacks on AMISOM, PSF, and SNA Forces in Somalia
The Somalia-based Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement claimed three attacks on AMISOM, PSF, and SNA forces in the south, middle, and north of the country, and bombing two Kenyan military vehicles in Mandera County in neighboring Kenya.
- Afghan Taliban Claims Assassination Attempt on Top U.S. Commander in Afghanistan, Killing Senior Afghan Officials
The Afghan Taliban claimed killing senior Afghan officials in an assassination attempt on the top U.S. commander in Afghanistan, General Scott Miller, in Kandahar province.
- Afghan Taliban Claims Killing 6 U.S. Soldiers, Wounding 4 Others in Parwan Suicide Bombing
The Afghan Taliban claimed killing six American soldiers and wounding four others in a suicide bombing on their convoy in Bagram district in Parwan province.
- IS’ West Africa Province Identifies Gambian Fighter as “Martyr”
The Islamic State’s West Africa Province (ISWAP) identified a Gambian fighter as a “martyr”.
- Uzbek Group Linked to HTS Builds New PKM & RPG Training Camp
Malhama Tactical, a Syria-based militant training group with close ties to Hay'at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS), announced the completion of a new training camp and that the group will begin training there within the next few days.
- IS Supporter Mourns Slain Senegalese Fighter, Finds "Major Islamic Awakening" in West Africa
An Islamic State (IS) supporter mourned a slain Senegalese fighter and his brothers, and remarked that West Africa is witnessing a "major Islamic awakening".
- Video of HTS Operation Shows IS Fighters Killed in Clash
Syria-based Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham’s (HTS) “security apparatus” arrested 12 and killed at least two IS fighters in a raid in southern Idlib.
- Al-Qaeda's Mali Branch JNIM Reportedly Claims Attacks in Burkina Faso, Including Blast Killing 7 Policemen
Jama'at Nusrat al-Islam wal Muslimeen (JNIM), the Mali-based branch of al-Qaeda (AQ), reportedly claimed credit for recent attacks in neighboring Burkina Faso, including the killing of seven policemen in a bombing.
- French IS-linked Group Urges Fighters to Obey Their Leaders
The French Islamic State (IS)-linked an-Nur Media Center urged fighters to obey their leaders, arguing that disobedience can ultimately lead to revolt.
- Uzbek Group Trains HTS’ “Red Bands” Fighters
Malhama Tactical posted a video of its instructors training fighters from HTS’ elite forces known as the “Red Bands.”
- Afghan Taliban Describes Meeting with U.S. Delegation in Qatar as "Pivotal Path" and American Acceptance of Loss
After acknowledging a meeting between representatives of its Political Office in Qatar and a U.S. delegation, the Afghan Taliban described the event as America accepting military loss, and representing a "pivotal path" to attaining peace.
- HTS Releases Ambiguous Statement on Sochi Agreement
Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS) implied support of the Sochi Agreement terms in a statement titled “The Sham [Syria] Revolution Will Not Die” while maintaining it will continue jihad against the Syrian regime and Russia.
- Jihadi Coalition Involving Pro-AQ Hurras al-Deen Claims Attacks on Syrian Military Positions in Hama
A jihadi coalition in Syria called "'And Incite the Believers' Operations Room, which involves the pro- al-Qaeda (AQ) Hurras al-Deen, claimed attacks on Syrian military positions in Hama.
- IS' West Africa Province Claims Bombing Nigerian Military Vehicle in Monguno
The Islamic State's West Africa Province (ISWAP) claimed bombing a Nigerian military vehicle in Monguno, in Nigeria's Borno State.
- Shabaab Claims Offensive in Lower Shabelle During Presence of Somali President
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, claimed mounting a major offensive in Merca, the provincial capital of Lower Shabelle, during the presence of Somali President Mohamed Abdullahi (Farmajo) Mohamed.
- IS' West Africa Province Claims Attack on Nigerian Soldiers in Arege
The Islamic State's West Africa Province (ISWAP) claimed an attack on Nigerian soldiers in Arege, near Lake Chad, in Borno State.
- Afghan Taliban Acknowledges its Political Office in Qatar Meeting with U.S. Delegation
The Afghan Taliban acknowledged that its Political Office in Qatar met with a U.S. delegation regarding a "peaceful resolution to the Afghan conflict".
- Afghan Taliban Reinstates Security Agreement with ICRC
Just two months after rescinding its "security commitment" to the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) in Afghanistan, the Afghan Taliban announced its reinstatement.
- IS-linked Groups Warns of Drone Attacks in Poster Depicting Eiffel Tower
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group published a poster warning of drone attacks and depicting the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France, and a cityscape.
- Afghan Taliban Video Shows Daily Life and Military Exercises at Abu Obaidah bin Jarrah Training Camp
The Afghan Taliban released a video focusing on the daily life of fighters at the Abu Obaidah bin Jarrah training camp and their military drills and exercises there.
- Shabaab Claims Executing Another Five Spies in Middle Juba
Just two days after announcing its execution of five spies in Somalia's Middle Juba region, the Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement declared its implementing the "punishment for apostasy" on another five in the same region.
- Syria-Based Uzbek Group Trains Fighters in Combat Drill
A video from Malhama Tactical, an Uzbek private military contractor with close ties to Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS), shows fighters taking part in a room clearing drill.
- TTP Leader Expresses Thanks for Condolences for Predecessor, Joins Call for Uniting Ranks
Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) released an audio speech by its leader, Abu Mansour Assim Mehsud (Noor Wali), giving thanks to those groups and individuals that gave condolences for the death of his predecessor, Fazlullah al-Khorasani, and joining the call for uniting jihadi ranks.
- Shabaab Claims Killing 2 Kenyan Secondary School Teachers in Mandera
The Somalia-based Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement claimed credit for the killing of two Kenyan secondary school teachers in Mandera County in Kenya.
- IS-linked Group Announces New Magazine, Solicits Contributions
An Islamic State (IS)-linked group announced the creation of a new magazine and solicited supporters to contribute articles.
- ISIS is Doubling Down on The Philippines
In August, I wrote an analysis on an increasingly evident aim by the Islamic State (ISIS) “to establish a more substantial base in the Philippines.”
- Shahada News Claims Shabaab Executed Five Spies Working for US, British, and Somali Intelligence
Shahada News Agency, the media unit for Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda’s (AQ) Somali branch, reported the executions of 5 alleged spies.
- IS' West Africa Province Claims Killing 31 Nigerian Soldiers, Taking 5 POWs in Kangarwa Raid
The Islamic State's Nigeria-based branch, West Africa Province (ISWAP), claimed killing 31 Nigerian soldiers and taking 5 others prisoner in a raid in Kangarwa, in the northeast of the country.
- 'Amaq Reports IS Detonating Bike Bomb on U.S. Convoy in Raqqah
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported that group fighters in Raqqah, Syria, detonated an explosives-laden bicycle on a U.S. military convoy.
- IS' Kirkuk Division Demonstrates IED Construction and Attacks on Federal Police in Video, Op Statistics
The Kirkuk division of the Islamic State (IS) released a video demonstrating its construction of the improvised explosive devices (IED) and their use and that of other weapons on Iraqi Federal Police, in addition to providing operation statistics for the last year.
- IS Claims 73 Casualties Among Shi'ites in 5 Bombings in Single Day in Baghdad
The Islamic State (IS) claimed killing and wounding at least 73 Shi'ites in five bombings in a single day in Baghdad.
- Pro-AQ Group Highlights Zawahiri's Words on Kashmir in Video
A pro- al-Qaeda (AQ) group produced a video highlighting Ayman al-Zawahiri's words on Kashmir, featuring images from Ansar Ghazwat-ul-Hind (AGH) and its al-Hurr Media.
- IS Supporter Echoes Bin Laden Strategy in Calling for Attacks on U.S. Economy
An Islamic State (IS) supporter echoed the strategy of former al-Qaeda (AQ) leader in hitting the economy of the "head of the snake," America, to cause its collapse and end its global influence.
- Shabaab Claims Mortar Strike on Kenyan Base in Lamu, 8 Attacks on SNA and AMISOM Forces in 4 Days in Somalia
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement claimed a mortar strike on a military base in Kenya's Lamu County and eight attacks on Somali National Army (SNA) and AMISOM forces in four days in its home base of Somalia.
- Afghan Taliban Threatens Parliamentary Elections, Calls on Voters to Boycott and Candidates to Step Down
The Afghan Taliban ordered its fighters to halt the upcoming parliamentary elections by creating "severe obstacles" for it, and called on voters to boycott the process and candidates to step down.
- IS Claims Attack on AQAP Fighters in Bayda
In its first formal communique for an attack on al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), the Islamic State's Yemen Province (ISYP) claimed killing and wounding many AQAP fighters in a raid on their positions in the Qifa area in Yemen's al-Bayda' governorate.
- AQIM's Tunisian Branch Claims Dual Bombing on Soldiers on Mount Chaambi
The Uqba bin Nafi Battalion, the Tunisian branch of al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM), claimed a dual bombing on Tunisian soldiers on Mount Chaambi, destroying a Kirpi MRAP vehicle and killing and wounding an unidentified number.
- IS' West Africa Province Claims Mortar Strike on Chadian Military Position Near Lake Chad
The Nigeria-based branch of the Islamic State, West Africa Province (ISWAP), claimed a mortar strike on a Chadian military position near Lake Chad.
- IS' Khorasan Province Claims Bombing USAID Building in Nangarhar
The Islamic State's Khorasan Province (ISKP) claimed bombing the USAID building in Khogyani district in Nangarhar, eastern Afghanistan.
- Pro-IS Group Takes Cue from Fellow Supporters, Warns of Attacks at Concerts
A pro-Islamic State (IS) group warned of attacks at concerts in a poster telling enemies to "wait for our surprises".
- Afghan Taliban Claims Killing Over 10 U.S. Troops in Attacks in Helmand and Parwan
The Afghan Taliban claimed killing over 10 U.S. troops in attacks in Helmand province in southern Afghanistan and Parwan in the northeast of the country.
- Message Attributed to Female Malaysian Jihadist Explores "Soft Side" of Fighters
A message attributed to a female Malaysian jihadist who had traveled to Syria explores the "soft side" of fighters, seeking to remove their stigma as "monsters".
- IS' al-Hayat Identifies 531 Casualties in 133 Attacks in Statistical Breakdown of Ops (September 27 - October 3)
The Islamic State (IS) released the tenth episode in a video series providing statistical breakdowns of IS operations, covering in this installment the week of September 27 - October 3, 2018.
- French IS-linked Group Publishes Essay Urging Supporters to Ignore Defeatists, Anticipate Victory
A French Islamic State (IS)-linked group published an essay urging supporters and particularly those in areas where the IS operates, to ignore defeatists and anticipate victory.
- Afghan Taliban Again Accuses U.S. Forces of Supporting IS through Airstrikes
The Afghan Taliban again accused U.S. forces of supporting the Islamic State's Khorasan Province (ISKP) through airstrikes, this time charging that drone strikes on their positions in Nangarhar seek to halt their progress against the rival group.
- IS' Khorasan Province Claims Inflicting 90 Casualties at Suicide Bombing at Election Rally in Nangarhar
The Islamic State's Khorasan Province (ISKP) claimed killing 35 people and wounding 55 others in a suicide bombing at an election rally in Nangarhar in eastern Afghanistan.
- Pro-IS Group Gives Biography of British Weaponized Drone Developer
A foreign fighter-centric pro-Islamic State (IS) group gave a biography for a slain British IS member it identified as a weaponized drone developer.
- AQ's Mali Branch JNIM Challenges France and Promotes Fighters in Video, Features Footage of Deputy Leader for 1st Time
The Mali-based branch of al-Qaeda (AQ), Jama'at Nusrtat al-Islam wal Muslimeen (JNIM), released a video challenging France and its coalition partners in Mali and the Sahel while promoting its fighters, and featured footage for the first time of its deputy leader, Yahya Abu al-Hammam.
- IS Claims Killing Ethiopian Christians in Somali City of Bosaso
The Islamic State (IS) claimed killing three Ethiopian Christians in a gun attack in the city of Bosaso in Somalia's Bari region.
- IS Re-Releases Military Statistics for 2017-2018 from Naba 148 as Standalone Publication
The Islamic State (IS) released through its al-Bayyan Radio the military statistics for 2017-2018 it featured in Naba 148, offering the information in audio and document formats.
- Kashmir-focused IS Supporting Group Suggests Fighters Buy Drones Online and Utilize in Attacks
A Kashmir-focused Islamic State (IS) supporting group suggested fighters in Jammu and Kashmir purchase drones online and utilize them in attacks.
- Syria-based Jihadi Media Group Alleges HTS Thwarted Hurras al-Deen Attack on Regime Forces
A Syria-based jihadi media group alleged that Hay'at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS) thwarted an attack by the al-Qaeda (AQ)-aligned Hurras al-Deen on regime forces in Lattakia.
- Afghan Taliban Challenges NATO Afghan Mission Commander's Assertion that Fighters Cannot Outlast Coalition
The Afghan Taliban challenged the assertion made by General Austin Miller, the new commander of U.S.-led NATO forces in Afghanistan, that its fighters cannot outlast the coalition.
- IS-linked Group Again Threatens Australia, Depicts Sydney Harbour Bridge
In its ongoing poster series of threats to Australia, an Islamic State (IS)-linked group depicted the Sydney Harbour Bridge and a knife-wielding fighter.
- IS' West Africa Provinces Publishes Photos of Gashigar Attack
The Islamic State's West Africa Province (ISWAP) published photos of its attack on Nigerian troops in Gashigar for which it had claimed credit one-day prior.
- Shabaab Claims Suicide Bombing on "EU" Convoy in Mogadishu, Seizing Control Over Villages and Town in Southern Somalia
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, claimed a suicide bombing on what it called a "convoy of European Union officers and trainers" in the capital, Mogadishu, in addition to seizing control over villages and a town in southern regions.
- IS' West Africa Province Claims Attack on Nigerian Troops in Gashigar
The Nigeria-based West Africa Province of the Islamic State (ISWAP) claimed credit for the attack on Nigerian troops in Gashigar.
- AQ's Mali Branch JNIM Previews Forthcoming Video "And the Battle Continues"
Jama'at Nusrat al-Islam wal Muslimeen (JNIM), the Mali-based branch of al-Qaeda (AQ), previewed a forthcoming video titled "And the Battle Continues".
- Shabaab Claims Bombing Kenyan Military Truck in Kenya's Mandera County, Inflicting Over a Dozens Casualties to SNA in Somalia
The Shabaab al-Mujahideen Movement, al-Qaeda's (AQ) branch in Somalia, claimed inflicted over a dozens casualties among the Somali National Army (SNA) in the country, and bombing a military truck in Mandera County in neighboring Kenya.
- Afghan Taliban Reports 2 Insider Attacks in Neighboring Provinces in Close Timespan
The Afghan Taliban reported two insider attacks by fighters in the enemy ranks in neighboring Kandahar and Uruzgan provinces in a close timespan.
- 'Amaq Reports IS Fighters Killing Close to 15 Pakistani Soldiers in Clashes in Balochistan
The Islamic State's (IS) 'Amaq News Agency reported that fighters in Balochistan province of Pakistan killed close to 15 Pakistani soldiers in clashes.
- IS' al-Hayat Identifies 551 Casualties in 128 Attacks in Statistical Breakdown of Ops (September 20-26)
The Islamic State (IS) released the ninth episode in a video series providing statistical breakdowns of IS operations, covering in this installment the week of September 20-26, 2018.
- IS' West Africa Province Claims Killing 7 Nigerian Soldiers in Abadam
The Islamic State's (IS) West Africa Province (ISWAP) claimed killing seven Nigerian soldiers in an ambush in Abadam, a town in Borno State in northeastern Nigeria.
- After IS Promotion of Ahvaz Attack, IS-linked Group Calls for Mass-Targeting in Iran
As the Islamic State (IS) promotes its recent attack on a military parade in the Iranian city Ahvaz, a media outfit linked to the group called for the mass-targeting of "disbelievers" and "polytheists" in the country.
- IS-linked Group Depicts Mortar Attack on Sydney Opera House
Amidst the propaganda campaign capitalizing on the strawberry scare in Australia, an Islamic State (IS)-linked group went a different route in threatening, depicting a mortar attack on the Sydney Opera House.
- Afghan Taliban Accuses U.S. of Crimes Against Humanity, Demands Unified Opposition to "Genocide" in Country
Listing nine examples in the last ten days of alleged U.S. initiated and directed attacks on civilians in multiple provinces, the Afghan Taliban accused America of "crimes against humanity" and demanded a unified opposition to what it called "genocide".